Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2017 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad for this episode. The show still maintains a balance of action even after the intense fighting from the previous episode. Maria's team recovered but the training takes some toll on Kirika a bit.

Interesting to see more of Maria's past. I felt bad for them though when they were kids. Those experiments...:(
Stark700Jul 29, 2017 9:29 AM
Jul 29, 2017 9:58 AM

Apr 2015
Okay, so a transition episode, taking it slow... then bam, LAST ACTION HERO.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 29, 2017 10:40 AM

Oct 2009
My beautiful child is back <3 And no, I'm not talking about Ver.
SERENA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 29, 2017 11:52 AM

Sep 2015
I believe the Ryouko we saw in the facility should be the original Ryouko? It was Serena evoke the alpha-wave at that time which affect the Fine gene inside Ryouko and slowly taking over, Fine was then reborn. Well not sure thou.

Dr.ver just won't die and forever on in everyone's heart.
Jul 31, 2017 8:44 AM

Apr 2014
great ep but gotta say its annoying how they keep bringing up that soccer kid as he should have been dead cause anyone else that gets touched just instantly turns into dust but that soccer kid didnt smh been annoyed with that ever since

besides that hopefully next ep is the ep Maria can finally transform without problems along with the other 2 so am looking forward to that

Maria just gets better and better and taking the spot of top fave of the series imo

anyway looking forward to the next ep
"one step at a time"
Jul 31, 2017 9:29 AM
Jun 2013
Yes Dr.Ver!!!!

You come back!!!
Jul 31, 2017 12:26 PM

May 2015

Another slower but progressive episode.

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! LMAO!

Personally, I found Kirika's songs to be the weakest in the series, but I think Dangerous Sunshine is her best song. She's like competing against Chris to see who has the best rock song. And that transformation. We got Pole Dancing up in here! Also, did you notice something different about Shirabe's attack frame? There's a chainsaw sound effect!

I guess Kaneko was right in tweaking and displacing. In GX we handled each character's problems one at a time, however in this episode of AXZ, we're tackling all of the characters' problems at once. Hibiki and fighting against the Illuminati, Tsubasa and the Kazanari Institute, Chris and her guilt with Stefan and Sonya, Kirika and Shirabe with their LiNKER issues, Maria and confronting her past, and Elfnein finding the source for the LiNKER. Miku's message at the end was a nice one too. "You don't have to win. Just don't lose." That Noise at the end looks like a hydra...or more accurately, Yamato no Orochi. Tsubasa might be the shining star in the next episode...

Maria and Serena looked so cute back then. And LOOOOL! A RANDOM ACTION HERO APPEARS! I was expecting him to come back one way or another (as I sad in the anticipation/expectations thread), but not like this! Hahaha! We got Shinichiro Miki and Tomokazu Sugita all up in this bitch!
TarotistJul 31, 2017 7:51 PM
Jul 31, 2017 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
A Symphogear season is no complete without Dr. Ver appearing in it.
Jul 31, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2014
I've not watched Kirika's transformation in a long time. Not bad. A lot less DESS! than I remember though. Glad Maria is getting her screentime too. That line in her song "LET'S GET NAKED!" doesn't really translate well lmfao! - were you thinking of Tsubasa there girl? Mm? *nudge nudge

Really liked the backchat this ep, Shirabe to Hibiki (you cheeky little shit), Chris at Shirabe and Kirika lol, and surprisingly Tsubasa to Grandad-Daddy xD I can't believe Tsubasa's Daddy-Bro can still be in the same room as that old fart, holy shit.

Bit of a slow buildup but can't wait to see what happens next week now that Hibiki has some words of encouragement from the wifey!

Jul 31, 2017 8:02 PM
Jun 2016
I liked this episode, but did anyone else notice a dip in art quality, or has it always been this way?
Jul 31, 2017 8:57 PM

Feb 2016
DazeFire said:
great ep but gotta say its annoying how they keep bringing up that soccer kid as he should have been dead cause anyone else that gets touched just instantly turns into dust but that soccer kid didnt smh been annoyed with that ever since.

From what I recall, every time the creators took care to show someone getting all Noise'd into dust, it did indeed spread from the point of contact, not instantaneously.

Though I also see your point, as I believe every time random military dudes bite the dust (PUN!?) it happens rather quickly.

Pretty sure it's possible for Chris to have shot the kid's leg off, I have no complaints there. :P
I wish not to have a signature, as I find them incredibly obtrusive. As such, imagine something flashy.
Jul 31, 2017 9:33 PM

Apr 2012
Emotional episode is emotional. I love it!

Diving deep into Maria's mind to find the answers... and then Ver shows up. Can't you just cease to exist already!?

Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going wild inside your own mind, Maria, you've got the right idea.

Miku dropping them pearls of wisdom at the end: "You don't have to win; just don't lose."
Jul 31, 2017 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
Symphogear is not complete without Dr.VER!!!
4/5.

Aug 1, 2017 6:43 AM

Jun 2009
So we have lost the ignition mode. Well isn't that just prime.
Aug 1, 2017 5:59 PM

Oct 2011
maria is becoming better with each season she might dethrone my favorite chris soon enough ;o

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Aug 1, 2017 6:04 PM

Sep 2016
Dr.Ver once again show up to save anime
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 2, 2017 1:00 PM

Jul 2013
The episode seemed like just a transitional one, then the ending, holy shit, the ending. Ver should be national treasure at this point, not even death can beat him. I just wish we can manage to see an scene of him and Adan interacting. That's my only wish for this season.

That feeling when Ver will never live in your heart ;_;

Also, anytime Tsubasa's "grandfather"/father appears I cannot stop thinking in the "my grandfather impregnated my mother" thing.
Aug 2, 2017 2:13 PM

Sep 2013
Shirabe and kirika training and elfnein going into maria mind to get the secret to the linker.
The hero arrives, I hope he gets a robot body :'(
Aug 4, 2017 9:36 AM
Jun 2013
Dr.Ver: even in death he's still an action hero.... and annoying as heck....
Aug 13, 2017 6:29 PM

Feb 2013
Kirika's transformation was lower framerate then the others.

Not much action this episode.

Weird that Ryouko was at that "lab" in Maria's memory. I get they're trying to tie everything in with the first season but... just stop, please.

Ver is back!
Aug 16, 2017 9:41 AM

Oct 2014
BurntJelly said:
Kirika's transformation was lower framerate then the others.

Not much action this episode.

Weird that Ryouko was at that "lab" in Maria's memory. I get they're trying to tie everything in with the first season but... just stop, please.

Ver is back!

She worked with FIS in the second season, too.
Aug 18, 2017 11:39 PM

Jul 2009
Glad we got a lot of Maria screen time :)

LMAO, why does Dr. Ver keep coming back XD

I mean, Fine only appear in S1 and S2 and some reference here, but Dr. Ver physically appears in all seasons!!!

I was hoping Fine would revive as well.
Aug 28, 2017 12:36 PM

Feb 2014
Sharing the same consciousness is cool, hopefully they don't get hurt and can find the missing puzzle piece to LiNKER!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2018 6:58 AM

Jul 2009
SomaHeir said:
Glad we got a lot of Maria screen time :)

I mean, Fine only appear in S1 and S2 and some reference here, but Dr. Ver physically appears in all seasons!!!

I was hoping Fine would revive as well.

Good!!!! I always wondered how Dr. Ver got into Maria's heart XD
Nov 22, 2018 10:50 AM

May 2016
The show still maintains a balance of action even after the intense fighting from the previous episode. Maria's team recovered but the training takes some toll on Kirika a bit.

Interesting to see more of Maria's past. I felt bad for them though when they were kids. Those experiments...:(

Dec 26, 2020 2:58 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
You might not wake up if you die there? Are we doing some inception-limbo shit now!?! Gud episode doe not gonna lie

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 10, 2021 6:43 AM

Feb 2020
Another comeback from Dr. Ver.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:58 AM
Sep 16, 2023 8:56 AM

Nov 2010
It's always a treat to see Maria in action. I love her so much, especially her sexy armpits!

So far, they've only been showing lesbian stuff throughout the series. Hopefully, Dr. Ver & Maria will eventually have romantic feelings for each other. The more you hate, the more you love. Hehe

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:55 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

35 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

35 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.