Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2017 11:35 PM

May 2017
This episode was waaay better than the 2nd one.
Overall episode was 9/10
They cut back on the over excessive kawaii frames that were supposed to be comedic but were just actually cringey and annoying. This was a good step in direction. Comedy was much more natural and fitting to the anime's drift.

Also the turn of events that took place at the end was beyond what I had originally expected! That was craaaazy. However, I do not think that Nisaka is gay(hopefully not) I thought it was just an indirect kiss to Takasaki and that he actually likes here? Not entirely confident in this assumption but its hope I'm holding onto here! Please don't make this yaoi! It's so good now! Characters are a cut above the rest in romance category.

*Don't get butthurt about me hoping for it not to be yaoi (looking at you LGBT) it's just a personal preference, not like i'm against it.

Jul 17, 2017 11:42 PM
Apr 2016
So, Nejima-boy-lover is not the one trying to bring true love to Takasaki and Yukari... oh well. DISAPPOINTED.
Then I guess it is that white-haired girl trying to wreck that anti-utopian marriage system. Great fortune upon you.
Re:formed
Jul 17, 2017 11:56 PM

Sep 2011
TBQH one of the first things that came to mind when the whole arranged marriage system was explained was "But what if you're gay?"

Also props to the show so far for being a shoujo series that doesn't annoy me or bore me to tears.
Jul 18, 2017 12:09 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I had the feeling that Nisaka's a bi back in the flashback when he asked himself why Nejima's still there standing, I guess he just wants to be pushed against the wall.

Didn't expect the plot twist.
Jul 18, 2017 12:13 AM

Dec 2012
this suddently became 100 times better i'm crying
Jul 18, 2017 12:40 AM
Dec 2016
all right it seems that Ririna love Neji...so tipical Tsundere lol but i dont really know what she wants actually but that seems really clearly that Neji is blind as hell
Jul 18, 2017 12:56 AM
Jul 2016
chipleader13 said:
all right it seems that Ririna love Neji...so tipical Tsundere lol but i dont really know what she wants actually but that seems really clearly that Neji is blind as hell

Sorry I won't spoil you But Ririna so far has no feelings to Nejima, She is just been introduce and they barely had any moment where I can surely say that she fall for him...What I see is she genuinely interested in Misaki and Nejimas relation..also confused why misaki thinks She will change her mind later on, Cause in her mind she is just curious, that doesnt mean she will fall for Nejima..She doesn't even know what love is, Well love is really complicated.. And going by background where she stayed in hospital for years, never been with friends...love n friendship type of things are new for her
Jul 18, 2017 1:03 AM
Nov 2016
Is Nisaka gay or was he just experimenting?

Him not being gay and liking Misaki would make this more interesting tbh.... Neji isnt an interesting enough character so I don't think a harem formed around him will last.... But let's see what happens....
Jul 18, 2017 1:15 AM

Jun 2017
Possibility A: Nisaka is gay.
Possibility B: Nisaka is taking back Takasaki's kiss.
Jul 18, 2017 1:48 AM

May 2015
Does anyone know the artist who sang the ED and her other works? Its really catchy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2017 2:12 AM

Jul 2015
That went pretty quickly. So umm boy x boy and girl x girl eh?
Jul 18, 2017 2:21 AM
Oct 2016
SHOULD I STOP WATCHING OR JUST GET ALONG.I DONT WANT SHITS LIKE KUZU NO HONKAI BUT REVERSE LIKE FUCK.DAMMIT GAY DAMMIT
Jul 18, 2017 2:22 AM

May 2010
Not doing the kiss, whatever but why add the gay?
Jul 18, 2017 2:30 AM

Jan 2017
Firstly: Damn I knew I was starting to suspect Nisaka as gay/bi but I did not expect that kiss. Like holy shiz man! It would be really interesting to see how LGBT would work out in such a system where everyone has to marry the opposite sex

That kiss with Takasaki was just beautiful! It was really hot but was leaning more towards a kiss of love rather than of lust

At first I thought Nisaka wanted to "talk" with Neji because he was Takasaki's partner and wanted to break it to his best friend but things got even more interesting. I still feel that Nisaka and Takasaki are indeed legal partners but that is still to be seen

Soundtrack is great as usual so far

Overall this is an awesome episode and I can't wait to see more developments like this. Although I do think this will really spiral down (more lies and more problems with these romances) for the characters soon
Jul 18, 2017 2:42 AM
Jul 2017
meh nejima, why no both ( problem solve, happy ending :D ) and
nisaka *speechless*
Jul 18, 2017 3:12 AM
Jul 2016
Senor_Private said:
SHOULD I STOP WATCHING OR JUST GET ALONG.I DONT WANT SHITS LIKE KUZU NO HONKAI BUT REVERSE LIKE FUCK.DAMMIT GAY DAMMIT

Calm down with the capital letters...I can assure you This show is nothing like Kuzo no Honkai (Manga reader here)..And if you don't like gay You will still enjoy this show
Jul 18, 2017 3:28 AM
Apr 2015
this anime is becoming awesome....yukari is too cute for his own good....

and.....that plot twist was tooooo awesome...:p

\*~*\ |*~*| \°~°\.......
Jul 18, 2017 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
reverse Kuzu no Honkai; yaoi, yuri, netorare all in one. Loljk
Jul 18, 2017 4:48 AM
Sep 2015
AhmadJR said:
I'm afraid that the gay ship will ruin the anime.

It just ruined it for me. I loved this anime and gave it a 10 out of 10, but now it shifts more to 9 out of 10
Jul 18, 2017 5:17 AM

Jul 2015
I never thought they'd put 4.5 in it! Whooa!

Jul 18, 2017 5:35 AM

Mar 2013
The OP is slowly starting to grow on me .

Misaki is quite bold, isn't she? And deep kissing on the school premises to boot lol

Wow, the last scene complicated the whole relationship chart now.
Jul 18, 2017 5:49 AM

Mar 2015
I had a feeling he liked the mc in that way, this is gonna get interesting :3 Great ep
Jul 18, 2017 5:58 AM

Nov 2009
JOELbedulla said:
AhmadJR said:

It just ruined it for me. I loved this anime and gave it a 10 out of 10, but now it shifts more to 9 out of 10

AhmadJR said:

Today you learn gay individuals exist!
Jul 18, 2017 6:06 AM

Jul 2013
Well, I really didn't expected this development xD
Jul 18, 2017 6:13 AM

Apr 2014
Very predictable.
I bet that white haired girl is a lesbo.
Jul 18, 2017 6:31 AM

Apr 2010
Kent_Casandra said:
Aversa said:
Since the start of this anime there seem to be hints suggesting that Nisaka and Misaki are marriage partners, wether it's true or not will be interesting to see tho.
It's clear they don't like each other tho they seems somewhat hostile towards each other.
Nisaka liking Yukari also seems like an interesting development which makes me wonder how this anime will turn out when it ends.
Aversa said:
Since the start of this anime there seem to be hints suggesting that Nisaka and Misaki are marriage partners, wether it's true or not will be interesting to see tho.
It's clear they don't like each other tho they seems somewhat hostile towards each other.
Nisaka liking Yukari also seems like an interesting development which makes me wonder how this anime will turn out when it ends.

he hasn't gotten his notice yet. his 16th birthday is on december. I'm pretty sure they stated that in the earlier episodes. (manga knowledge)
He did mention something like that but he could have been lying about it.
That being said i won't be surprised if Misaki will really be his partner if it's announced when his birthday arrives.
Jul 18, 2017 6:41 AM

Jul 2015
Well, that was unexpected, I'm curious to see which direction will the anime take from here.

Lilina is so cute, goddamnit.
Jul 18, 2017 7:00 AM

May 2013
I don't like Yaoi stuff at all, but OH. MY. GOD! That kiss... I wasn't expecting that. :D
Great episode.
Jul 18, 2017 7:04 AM

Jun 2017
I don't like Takasaki's character. She's way too easy and I'm not even thrilled by her romance with Neji since the beginning of the episode. I'm rooting for Lilina. I hope Neji would end up with her instead.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 18, 2017 7:12 AM

Dec 2014
Nisaki is unpredictable...you never know what he will do
Jul 18, 2017 7:30 AM

Oct 2015
OMG that french kiss, ever since Tsuki ga Kirei. We got an anime with kisses in the early episodes nowadays. I hope from now on in every season there will be at least one romance anime that are like these from now on. Ship Yukari x Misaki so bad. But i like Ririna as well, and she will obviously develop feelings for Yukari later on. Seems that both Misaki and Nisaka dislike with each other, I wonder why? I think they both have been assigned by the government to be together. And holy crap, Nisaka is gay???!! I did not expect that at all, so he and Misaki hate each other because they are love rivals?? I wonder how many episodes this anime will have, I hope it's 24 episodes. This is the best anime of the season for me so far. Looking forward for the next episode.
Maruko-sanJul 18, 2017 7:36 AM
Jul 18, 2017 7:33 AM

Jan 2016
I'm glad they explored what seems to be homosexuality with this 'marriage' rule the government put in place, but I didn't expect it from the MC's friend till only later in the episode... The anime is getting better over time, in my opinion!
Jul 18, 2017 7:53 AM

Oct 2008
all i have to say is

HOOOOOOOO BOYYYYYYY
Jul 18, 2017 8:19 AM

May 2017
Am I the only one who thinks Nisaka did that for an indirect kiss? Coz I think Nisaka likes Takasaki
Jul 18, 2017 8:35 AM
May 2017
The kiss scene between yukari and nisaka does not even appear in the manga so far if im not mistaken. I was shocked when i saw it. What is this all about, im a little bit salty here. Is there gonna be a different story line from the manga? And we have a kiss in lilina's room which is REALLY different from the manga hahaha im laughing, is not as erotic as appears in the manga lol.
Jul 18, 2017 8:40 AM

Jan 2008
I'm so curious to know what's between Nisaka and Takasaki. When Nisaka commented that Lilina is a virgin and then he said that usually girls should be, could it be that he was referring to someone? Could it be that something happened between him and Takasaki before, which led to the hostility between the two?

Lilina is being the tsundere she is but for some reason I don't dislike her. I usually dislike tsundere characters but I find her likable and she doesn't annoy me. Now, does she want Nejima and Takasaki to kiss so badly just because she loves romance stories or does she have another reason?

About Nisaka, I still don't understand his character. Does he like Nejima or Takasaki? Maybe he's gay and maybe he isn't. I read somewhere that some people suspect that he might be a girl but I highly doubt it. Well, he might look like a girl but I don't think that he is.

I still don't know which pairing to ship as none of the characters made an impression on me but I think that Nejima will most probably end up with Lilina. I don't favor either her or Takasaki yet but this is what I think will happen. I think Takasaki is a bit too forward and bold. I mean, she initiated that french kiss very early on in the series and before they even started to go out, which I find a bit strange. Does she love Nejima that much? From the way she acts, it seems she wants him to jump her.

I guess I'm interested and intrigued enough to continue watching this series. I hope we will get to know more about Nisaka.
Jul 18, 2017 8:58 AM
Jul 2017
I was so intent on dropping the show... until Nisaka kissed Nejima.

Goddamit...
Jul 18, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2016
that was a nice turn of events. Still the weird SMS from EP1 itches me. Still have the feeling there might someone be working for the government to check if the is a violating of the arranged marriages.

Also the LGBT question is kind of interesting. Looking forward.
Jul 18, 2017 9:59 AM
Jul 2016
BadassAckerman said:
The kiss scene between yukari and nisaka does not even appear in the manga so far if im not mistaken. I was shocked when i saw it. What is this all about, im a little bit salty here. Is there gonna be a different story line from the manga? And we have a kiss in lilina's room which is REALLY different from the manga hahaha im laughing, is not as erotic as appears in the manga lol.

Don't spread wrong info just cuz You didn't read chapter 4.5, it was a special chapter released to give spoiler ahead in the story..It was stated to skip the chapter cuz the event takes place after sometime later in the manga...Probably too hook the readers beforehand but Its pretty obvious that he likes nejima if you read quite a good amount of chapters
Jul 18, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2014
Well, Nisaka has just gone and made things a lot more interesting, if he is indeed gay rather than just taking Takasaki's kiss from Nejima. While I'm generally disinterested in such things, I think it could add a very interesting dimension to the overall group dynamic while also allowing for a greater exploration of the overall premise. Other than that, it'll be interesting to see how Ririna's feelings for Nejima continue to develop as she pushes him to keep on kissing Takasaki; what is with her weird obsession with that, other than she thinks it's romantic or whatever?
Jul 18, 2017 11:23 AM

Aug 2011
#nohomo I'm assured this was just friendly kiss.
Jul 18, 2017 11:42 AM
Jan 2016
at first, i thought nisaka is Misaki's arrange marriage partner but man i was wrong it turns out the that he is a gay.
but i'm curious why they aren't getting their notices (e.g: takasaki, nisaka and other students)
are they yonger than yukari........hmmmmmm
Jul 18, 2017 11:45 AM
Oct 2007
Wth.. I'm quite liking Nisaka as a character until.. That was totally unexpected for me but apart from that still another episode that I at least enjoyed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2017 12:11 PM
Nov 2016
dayuuuuummm! i didnt really expect that towards the end, but after that gaze/glare, I already knew what was gonna happen. lol it's like a love square XD
I feel like eventually Riri is gonna start liking the MC and then the other two we already know do
Jul 18, 2017 12:39 PM

Oct 2014
Some of you are really disgusting

When I googled "Koi to Uso", I thought this looked like some cliché shit similar to some dystopian american books (I read one where love was forbidden).
The only reason why I decided to watch this is the gay dude

THE GAY DUDE

That changes everything. My objective was to hate on the girls and root for him, even though he's probably not going to win.
In the end, I love everyone on this show.

I bet the same people who called Nisaka "disgusting" loved the lesbian scenes in Kuzu no Honkai
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Jul 18, 2017 2:50 PM

Oct 2015
I wouldn`t be suprised if in the end of the anime we have a gay couple. LOL, (honestly Nisaka is a more interesting character than the 2 girls for now).
or they can always do a 4 ppl orgy hahahhaha, jk /
iTzKenzoJul 18, 2017 2:54 PM
Jul 18, 2017 3:32 PM

Jan 2017
Why is everyone up in arms over Nisaka being gay?? like everyone and their mother is like "wow it was good until Nisaka kissed Nejima" like jeez, your homophobia is showing. i was actually surprised they're addressing GLBT people in this anime and for y'all to be making up ridiculous and quite frankly stupid excuses is abhorrent. why would Nisaka kiss Nejima to "steal" Misaki's kiss back?? that makes less sense than why Nejima saw a different name. I don't know what's so difficult to accept that gay people exist, but don't worry, i'm sure koi to uso will stay heteronormative.
Jul 18, 2017 5:39 PM
Dec 2016
Me during the episode: maybe Nisaka likes Neji, hahaha, yeah right
Me seeing Nisaka really likes Neji: I WAS EXPECTING IT BUT AT THE SAME TIME I WASNT!
Jul 18, 2017 5:42 PM
Feb 2015
I FEEL SO BAD FOR NISAKA MY HEART IS BROKEN
Jul 18, 2017 5:46 PM
Jan 2017
had a feeling nisaka had a thing for neji but i didnt expect them to actually go that way with the plot. but i gotta say im pleasantly surprised with this development as i was questioning how non hetersexual people manage in this odd society.

as for lilina, i could be way off but im pretty sure she has a thing for Misaki.. she seems interested in her as much as neji and the whole scene with her heart racing makes it a bit obvious. it must suck to be anything but straight in this society.. hopfully the rest of the anime will give us some insight on that perspective of things.

i also really like the theme song and ost so far!! exited for the next epsiode!!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

315 by BarbeQ »»
Apr 28, 1:50 PM

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2017

306 by Ak2005 »»
Dec 9, 2023 1:35 PM

» Koi to uso -About Anime, Manga and my feelings for Sanada Ririna [and the fact that i think I've come to genuinely develop love feelings for her even though shes not real]

ScaryNightmare - Jul 14, 2023

5 by ScaryNightmare »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.