Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think about how guys act like little pussys in harem anime?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Jul 15, 6:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 45
Like Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo! for a solid example.

I mean I know for the sake of the anime not being a hentai it should be like that to some degree, but you know what I mean.

Is anyone actually like this in real life?
Don't get me wrong though, I love the Tenchi series' and other harem anime. xD
 
#2
Jul 15, 7:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1203
I'd assume that the characters writer is trying to make the MC more relatable to the average Japanese male. Seems like Japanese guys like anime more when they see themselves in the main character.

So simply what I'm trying to say is, Japanese guys can relate to the MC because they are pussies that can't pick up women... I'm pretty sure I've read a couple of studies that back this up too. The studies talk about how the average Japanese male is genuinely afraid to talk to women. It's pretty pathetic.

Edit: that's also why you see a lot of MCs who have messy black hair and their eye color is black.
 
#3
Jul 15, 7:07 PM

Online
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 3542
I like main characters in harem to act like functional human beings. That's all I ask for.
 
#4
Jul 15, 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 45
@Kuraokani

That concept makes sense and I 100% believe it's true. Although it seems kind of ironic to make a relatable character that has a completely unrelatable life. At a point you'd think they'd stop being pussys and be like "well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. also, all these girls that want the D are super hot. hmm."

@AltoRoark

no kidding xDD
 
#5
Jul 15, 7:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 313
I don't think there are much IRL guys that would just turn away or run as a cute girl sits on his lap.

That being said, when i watch harem stuff i tend to ignore the MC and focus on girls' interactions.
I don't like crybabies, (girls should fill that role if needed) and i don't like most mc's questionable decisions (and all that talk you see on most harem topics) so it's easy for me to just ignore them untill they become better characters or just pop up with some random super power to save the day (just so i can ignore them again right after).
 
#6
Jul 15, 7:13 PM

Online
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1912
I don't care as long as im enjoying the show.
 
#7
Jul 15, 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1958
Depicts that their stereotype is a bit showoff







Top 10's are for wankers anyways... Oh plss no need to be autistic about having a HUMAN NATURE taste by that Special Snowflake EGO of yours Cause it's unrealistically "R E T A R D E D"








 
#8
Jul 15, 7:17 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 223
it's so that the 13 year old boys watching can relate to the character
 
#9
Jul 15, 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1203
1lastfall said:
@Kuraokani

That concept makes sense and I 100% believe it's true. Although it seems kind of ironic to make a relatable character that has a completely unrelatable life. At a point you'd think they'd stop being pussys and be like "well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. also, all these girls that want the D are super hot. hmm."

@AltoRoark

no kidding xDD
I know right. You'd think they would want to see something different but I guess to a Japanese guy, when you see part of yourself in a character that's living a crazy life full of adventure, women fawning all over you, and a lot of cool friends, it becomes like a escape from their shitty life.

In Japanese culture, men work long hours at some relentless corporation after they graduate highschool. That's why you see a lot of highschool anime. I guess you see a lot of the same themes in the anime industry because Japanese guys just want to escape their shit life.

Edit: I know I used the same line twice XD
 
Jul 15, 7:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 45
Yeah yeah, but it still hurts my soul a little. I can't be the only one lol.

@Ainosense

That reminds me of the last time a girl was that forward with me.
Randomly was in my house, came out back and I was smokin a cig. She looks at me and says "you're really attractive" and sat on my lap.
What did I do?
Called her hot also, put my arm around her, and a few days later had meaningless sex.
That was a pretty alright experience.
 
Jul 15, 7:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 45
Kuraokani said:
1lastfall said:
@Kuraokani

That concept makes sense and I 100% believe it's true. Although it seems kind of ironic to make a relatable character that has a completely unrelatable life. At a point you'd think they'd stop being pussys and be like "well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. also, all these girls that want the D are super hot. hmm."

@AltoRoark

no kidding xDD
I know right. You'd think they would want to see something different but I guess to a Japanese guy, when you see part of yourself in a character that's living a crazy life full of adventure, women fawning all over you, and a lot of cool friends, it becomes like a escape from their shitty life.

In Japanese culture, men work long hours at some relentless corporation after they graduate highschool. That's why you see a lot of highschool anime. I guess you see a lot of the same themes in the anime industry because Japanese guys just want to escape their shit life.

Edit: I know I used the same line twice XD


That's interesting to bring up. It makes me wonder how many manga/anime creators are closet-foreveralones. I wonder if the creators of fan service heavy ones are the cream of that crop.

I never thought of it in this way cuz I always just blindly revere them. I still would even if they're losers.
 
Jul 15, 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 597
I guess thats the reason I liked some weird harem like Grisaia,Kore wa zombie,High school DxD.
Male MC with straight foward feelings tend to be better than shy crap,weak/pussy and unfunny mc.

Not exactly harem but Touma on the other hand isnt a pussy either and i am not sure why did they promote the light novel with semi harem/ecchi fanservice in the anime.
Which seems like another reasonn why people liked him in novel
 
Jul 15, 7:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 313
1lastfall said:
Yeah yeah, but it still hurts my soul a little. I can't be the only one lol.

@Ainosense

That reminds me of the last time a girl was that forward with me.
Randomly was in my house, came out back and I was smokin a cig. She looks at me and says "you're really attractive" and sat on my lap.
What did I do?
Called her hot also, put my arm around her, and a few days later had meaningless sex.
That was a pretty alright experience.

That's just real life.
You may blush and even feel a little nervous since some girls really do have the power to make guys feel like "i don't know what to do", but you sure as hell won't just push her and run away. If you do... well, if one does that he must have his own reasons (which i doubt they are the same as in Anime) speaking of which i just can't understand.
 
Jul 15, 8:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1203
1lastfall said:
Kuraokani said:
I know right. You'd think they would want to see something different but I guess to a Japanese guy, when you see part of yourself in a character that's living a crazy life full of adventure, women fawning all over you, and a lot of cool friends, it becomes like a escape from their shitty life.

In Japanese culture, men work long hours at some relentless corporation after they graduate highschool. That's why you see a lot of highschool anime. I guess you see a lot of the same themes in the anime industry because Japanese guys just want to escape their shit life.

Edit: I know I used the same line twice XD


That's interesting to bring up. It makes me wonder how many manga/anime creators are closet-foreveralones. I wonder if the creators of fan service heavy ones are the cream of that crop.

I never thought of it in this way cuz I always just blindly revere them. I still would even if they're losers.
I bet they are. It makes a lot of sense when you put the creators of all these copy and paste anime in a light like that.

Imagine, all they do is shit aroud, lonely as fu*k, and write stories about what they wish they were. It explains why most of the haram MCs are losers.
 
Jul 15, 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1203
Ainosense said:
1lastfall said:
Yeah yeah, but it still hurts my soul a little. I can't be the only one lol.

@Ainosense

That reminds me of the last time a girl was that forward with me.
Randomly was in my house, came out back and I was smokin a cig. She looks at me and says "you're really attractive" and sat on my lap.
What did I do?
Called her hot also, put my arm around her, and a few days later had meaningless sex.
That was a pretty alright experience.

That's just real life.
You may blush and even feel a little nervous since some girls really do have the power to make guys feel like "i don't know what to do", but you sure as hell won't just push her and run away. If you do... well, if one does that he must have his own reasons (which i doubt they are the same as in Anime) speaking of which i just can't understand.
Yeah sure. The average American guy is as dense as a haram MC and is a massive pussy. I think you might want to take a look at a American highschool again because that's dead wrong. Americans may be a lot of things but if there's one thing I can say without a doubt, it's that Americans are not pussies. Sure, there might be a few greasy weaboos that can't get a girl but they are few and far in between.
 
Jul 15, 8:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 7629
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not



 
Jul 15, 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 267
i hope not, that would make me hate humanity even more.
 
Jul 15, 8:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 3372
EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not


Agree with this.

It's always refreshing still when we get a MC like in Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica or Sister Testament who actually makes moves on the girls.
 
Jul 15, 8:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 313
Kuraokani said:
Yeah sure. The average American guy is as dense as a haram MC and is a massive pussy. I think you might want to take a look at a American highschool again because that's dead wrong. Americans may be a lot of things but if there's one thing I can say without a doubt, it's that Americans are not pussies. Sure, there might be a few greasy weaboos that can't get a girl but they are few and far in between.

Oh, i think i wasn't clear. I was just saying there's no guy in real life that would act as dense as an Anime MC, meaning real life guys are mostly not pussies.


And i'd like to add:

EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not
 
Jul 15, 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1203
EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not
I can see where not paying attention to the guy in a haram anime would make sense , but , in any genre? So you didn't pay attention to Lite in Death Note? Or Edward in FMA? How about Lelouch in Code Geass?

Ahh I get it, your a female main right? You only really like a anime if the MC is a girl? I can get that. I don't like female MCs in my anime, I mean, I can deal if there is a group of MCs and 1 or 2 of them is a girl(s) but besides that, I can only see myself following the story of a guy. Just personal preference I guess.
Ainosense said:
Kuraokani said:
Yeah sure. The average American guy is as dense as a haram MC and is a massive pussy. I think you might want to take a look at a American highschool again because that's dead wrong. Americans may be a lot of things but if there's one thing I can say without a doubt, it's that Americans are not pussies. Sure, there might be a few greasy weaboos that can't get a girl but they are few and far in between.

Oh, i think i wasn't clear. I was just saying there's no guy in real life that would act as dense as an Anime MC, meaning real life guys are mostly not pussies.


And i'd like to add:

EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not
 
Jul 15, 8:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 7629
Blarey said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not


Agree with this.

It's always refreshing still when we get a MC like in Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica or Sister Testament who actually makes moves on the girls.


yea i definitely agree cause if i made a top 10 favorite anime dudes, they'd both be in there lol


Kuraokani said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not
I can see where not paying attention to the guy in a haram anime would make sense , but , in any genre? So you didn't pay attention to Lite in Death Note? Or Edward in FMA? How about Lelouch in Code Geass?


never seen Death Note, or FMA, so i can't say, but obviously in some shows i don't have a choice, like Titan

i did like Lelouch and i obviously had to pay attention to him to follow the plot, but still, Kallen/CC and their fanservice scenes were more important :D

but remember, this is coming from someone who mostly watches anime full of girls



 
Jul 15, 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 45
EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not


This is pretty blunt and accurate actually lol
 
Jul 15, 8:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2340
EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not


Pretty much true. Accurate and very representative of people who watch harems.

Except maybe a little on the non-harem part, which a good main character can actually be nice.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

If you like my opinions, consider my YouTube channel , which would be better than me posting a 2000 word forum post.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
 
Jul 15, 9:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1203
EcchiLordMamster said:
Blarey said:


Agree with this.

It's always refreshing still when we get a MC like in Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica or Sister Testament who actually makes moves on the girls.


yea i definitely agree cause if i made a top 10 favorite anime dudes, they'd both be in there lol


Kuraokani said:
I can see where not paying attention to the guy in a haram anime would make sense , but , in any genre? So you didn't pay attention to Lite in Death Note? Or Edward in FMA? How about Lelouch in Code Geass?


never seen Death Note, or FMA, so i can't say, but obviously in some shows i don't have a choice, like Titan

i did like Lelouch and i obviously had to pay attention to him to follow the plot, but still, Kallen/CC and their fanservice scenes were more important :D

but remember, this is coming from someone who mostly watches anime full of girls
My lord, I just looked at your profile and I'm sorry for doubting you. I guess I should have realized it from the beginning with a name like ecchilord and all lol
 
Jul 15, 9:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 747
because if the mc a harem anime acted differently it would be a hentai.
 
Jul 15, 9:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 7629
Kuraokani said:
My lord, I just looked at your profile and I'm sorry for doubting you. I guess I should have realized it from the beginning with a name like ecchilord and all lol


i just lol'd irl

you're welcome to convert anytime


someone like me thinks:

"why be bothered by the guy when there's beautiful girls to look at?"



 
Jul 15, 9:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1203
Kurtvonschroeder said:
because if the mc a harem anime acted differently it would be a hentai.
Lmao that ps actually really good. Props man
 
Jul 15, 9:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1203
EcchiLordMamster said:
Kuraokani said:
My lord, I just looked at your profile and I'm sorry for doubting you. I guess I should have realized it from the beginning with a name like ecchilord and all lol


i just lol'd irl

you're welcome to convert anytime


someone like me thinks:

"why be bothered by the guy when there's beautiful girls to look at?"
Lol so out of curiosity, do you pay attention to the story at all or is it all about the girls, all the time?
 
Jul 15, 10:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 45
Kurtvonschroeder said:
because if the mc a harem anime acted differently it would be a hentai.


Right. But if the main character is such a hot item they could atleast play coy a little bit or something lol
 
Jul 15, 11:36 PM
Believe

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2365
1lastfall said:
Like Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo! for a solid example.

I mean I know for the sake of the anime not being a hentai it should be like that to some degree, but you know what I mean.

Is anyone actually like this in real life?
Don't get me wrong though, I love the Tenchi series' and other harem anime. xD


it's been a while since I've seen techi muyo, but from what I remember, the girls in the harem are:

1. powerful

2. volatile

3. unpredictable

I can't fault Tenchi or any harem mc in a similar position for not choosing a girl from the harem to win.
 
Jul 16, 2:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 7629
Kuraokani said:
EcchiLordMamster said:


i just lol'd irl

you're welcome to convert anytime


someone like me thinks:

"why be bothered by the guy when there's beautiful girls to look at?"
Lol so out of curiosity, do you pay attention to the story at all or is it all about the girls, all the time?


LMAO ofc i pay attention to the story.. its just not priority, cause:

good story =/= entertaining

cute and hot girls and fanservice = entertaining ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



 
Jul 16, 2:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2810
I mean I'd probably be a wimpy as fuck MC in that position so I can't really get too mad over it

I can hardly choose a waifu ffs
 
Jul 16, 3:05 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 16409
The target audience of these anime are males who have a hard time with women, who get anxious easily near them. It's a wish-fulfillment for these guys, taking their difficulties and putting them in a setting where they have to confront them in a safe setting. Girls are still scary, but at least they want you.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
 
Jul 16, 3:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 713
AltoRoark said:
I like main characters in harem to act like functional human beings. That's all I ask for.

Don't be ridiculous. Not everyone is a player that can approach girls with ease under any condition, but majority of guys would take the chance if such great opportunities, as they are usually presented in harem anime, would arise. And those guys are "functional human beings". Non-functional human beings are the ones who would not take an advantage to get closer with a girl, when such clear opportunities are presented to them.

psycho said:
no difference to most guys irl

anime is the harsh reality ~

No. The conditions presented in harem anime is far from what most guys irl ever experience. Read my reply above for details.
 
Jul 16, 3:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2619
I still got no idea why anyone would consciously watch any anime of that kind. On the other hand it makes total sense that a person with this level of awareness would rant about things that are quite obvious from the cover alone hence the reason we are getting so many threads like these.


Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!



 
Jul 16, 3:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 4236
Is anyone actually like this in real life?
yes there is people like harem mcs in real life

the only harem mc i liked until now is Keima from Twgok
 
Jul 16, 3:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 20944
>People focusing on the dude instead of all the thirsty bitches...

You're doing it wrong.

 
Jul 16, 3:29 AM
Nana Deviluke❤️

Online
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 5022
Im not a fan of weaklings in general but it depends which character we are talking about for me to give out my thoughts fully
 
Jul 16, 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 34
I used to like those kind of MC like 5 years ago, but now wherever I see those kinds of MC, my rating for the anime drops by 2-3 points lol.
 
Jul 16, 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2998
I like someone who doesn't blushes everytime girl touches him and is confident.
 
Jul 16, 3:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 167
If I ever watch a harem anime again, the least I'll ask for is to have decent morals and not just screw around with girls.
Knowing your place and hang with girls casually, not being some kind of 12 y/o wimp.
Look I got this pixelated name.

I guess I can die now...

Bragging rights achieved

How quaint...even the rabble.
 
Jul 16, 4:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 5406
I just laugh, at any rate 'mI there for the scantily clad ladies, I couldn't care less about the dude.
Modified by Kruszer, Jul 17, 6:59 PM
"If we just take a step back, a bigger picture we might view.
Perhaps the man in the gutter is not so different from you"
-Disparity by Design -Rise Against

 
Jul 16, 4:19 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2379
Guy acts like pussy gets all the pussies, well there must be a hidden correlation somewhere that can't be seen by normal plebs I guess.
 
Jul 16, 7:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 17
EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not


True! There is a reason why I have no harem guys as my faves. Except for Hachiman... he has something that I share and I'm too embarassed to tell it. And no, it's not about the trap.
 
Jul 16, 7:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 21395
why not just why hentai instead if you want such a thing OP? eroge aslo tons out there...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Jul 16, 7:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 1444
yeah there are a lot of harem protagonist who act that way and it's kinda annoying to watch, but there are some harem mc that i actually like, for example : Kazami Yuuji from Grisaia, Keima from TWGOK, Issei from Highschool DxD.





Click the spinning
ghost for delivery (~‾▽‾)~
 
Jul 16, 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 45
Does the following idea not sound kind of amusing though?:

So think of a harem anime where the main character was just playing all the girls that want him, getting with all of them, pissing off all the other ones that are in love with him.

There would be fierce emotions.

The end could be break-through. For example, the MC actually picks and marries one. Or even better, the girls never talk to the MC again after realizing he's a douchebag and group kick his ass while the credits roll. hahaha
 
Jul 16, 10:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 129
1lastfall said:
Does the following idea not sound kind of amusing though?:

So think of a harem anime where the main character was just playing all the girls that want him, getting with all of them, pissing off all the other ones that are in love with him.


https://myanimelist.net/anime/13161/Hagure_Yuusha_no_Aesthetica

There ya go
 
Jul 16, 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 8010
All Japanese guys are little pussys, duhh.
Hehehe Hehehe Haha Hahahaha!!
Koroshite ageru!
 
Jul 16, 10:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 907
Meh I don't mind. People usually focus on the girls in harems anyways.
.........................................................................................................................Loading...
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »