Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think about how guys act like little pussys in harem anime?

New
Jul 15, 2017 6:52 PM

Jul 2017
Like Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo! for a solid example.

I mean I know for the sake of the anime not being a hentai it should be like that to some degree, but you know what I mean.

Is anyone actually like this in real life?
Don't get me wrong though, I love the Tenchi series' and other harem anime. xD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 15, 2017 7:06 PM
Jun 2017
I'd assume that the characters writer is trying to make the MC more relatable to the average Japanese male. Seems like Japanese guys like anime more when they see themselves in the main character.

So simply what I'm trying to say is, Japanese guys can relate to the MC because they are pussies that can't pick up women... I'm pretty sure I've read a couple of studies that back this up too. The studies talk about how the average Japanese male is genuinely afraid to talk to women. It's pretty pathetic.

Edit: that's also why you see a lot of MCs who have messy black hair and their eye color is black.
Jul 15, 2017 7:07 PM

Jun 2015
I like main characters in harem to act like functional human beings. That's all I ask for.
Jul 15, 2017 7:11 PM

Jul 2017
@Kuraokani

That concept makes sense and I 100% believe it's true. Although it seems kind of ironic to make a relatable character that has a completely unrelatable life. At a point you'd think they'd stop being pussys and be like "well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. also, all these girls that want the D are super hot. hmm."

@AltoRoark

no kidding xDD
Jul 15, 2017 7:13 PM

Oct 2016
I don't think there are much IRL guys that would just turn away or run as a cute girl sits on his lap.

That being said, when i watch harem stuff i tend to ignore the MC and focus on girls' interactions.
I don't like crybabies, (girls should fill that role if needed) and i don't like most mc's questionable decisions (and all that talk you see on most harem topics) so it's easy for me to just ignore them untill they become better characters or just pop up with some random super power to save the day (just so i can ignore them again right after).
Jul 15, 2017 7:13 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I don't care as long as im enjoying the show.
Jul 15, 2017 7:15 PM

Apr 2017
Depicts that their stereotype is a bit showoff

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 15, 2017 7:17 PM
May 2016
it's so that the 13 year old boys watching can relate to the character
Jul 15, 2017 7:20 PM
Jun 2017
1lastfall said:
@Kuraokani

That concept makes sense and I 100% believe it's true. Although it seems kind of ironic to make a relatable character that has a completely unrelatable life. At a point you'd think they'd stop being pussys and be like "well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. also, all these girls that want the D are super hot. hmm."

@AltoRoark

no kidding xDD
I know right. You'd think they would want to see something different but I guess to a Japanese guy, when you see part of yourself in a character that's living a crazy life full of adventure, women fawning all over you, and a lot of cool friends, it becomes like a escape from their shitty life.

In Japanese culture, men work long hours at some relentless corporation after they graduate highschool. That's why you see a lot of highschool anime. I guess you see a lot of the same themes in the anime industry because Japanese guys just want to escape their shit life.

Edit: I know I used the same line twice XD
Jul 15, 2017 7:21 PM

Jul 2017
Yeah yeah, but it still hurts my soul a little. I can't be the only one lol.

@Ainosense

That reminds me of the last time a girl was that forward with me.
Randomly was in my house, came out back and I was smokin a cig. She looks at me and says "you're really attractive" and sat on my lap.
What did I do?
Called her hot also, put my arm around her, and a few days later had meaningless sex.
That was a pretty alright experience.
Jul 15, 2017 7:26 PM

Jul 2017
Kuraokani said:
1lastfall said:
@Kuraokani

@AltoRoark

no kidding xDD
I know right. You'd think they would want to see something different but I guess to a Japanese guy, when you see part of yourself in a character that's living a crazy life full of adventure, women fawning all over you, and a lot of cool friends, it becomes like a escape from their shitty life.

In Japanese culture, men work long hours at some relentless corporation after they graduate highschool. That's why you see a lot of highschool anime. I guess you see a lot of the same themes in the anime industry because Japanese guys just want to escape their shit life.

That's interesting to bring up. It makes me wonder how many manga/anime creators are closet-foreveralones. I wonder if the creators of fan service heavy ones are the cream of that crop.

I never thought of it in this way cuz I always just blindly revere them. I still would even if they're losers.
Jul 15, 2017 7:29 PM

Aug 2014
I guess thats the reason I liked some weird harem like Grisaia,Kore wa zombie,High school DxD.
Male MC with straight foward feelings tend to be better than shy crap,weak/pussy and unfunny mc.

Not exactly harem but Touma on the other hand isnt a pussy either and i am not sure why did they promote the light novel with semi harem/ecchi fanservice in the anime.
Which seems like another reasonn why people liked him in novel
Jul 15, 2017 7:33 PM

Oct 2016
1lastfall said:

@Ainosense

Randomly was in my house, came out back and I was smokin a cig. She looks at me and says "you're really attractive" and sat on my lap.
What did I do?
Called her hot also, put my arm around her, and a few days later had meaningless sex.

That's just real life.
You may blush and even feel a little nervous since some girls really do have the power to make guys feel like "i don't know what to do", but you sure as hell won't just push her and run away. If you do... well, if one does that he must have his own reasons (which i doubt they are the same as in Anime) speaking of which i just can't understand.
Jul 15, 2017 8:01 PM
Jun 2017
1lastfall said:
Kuraokani said:

That's interesting to bring up. It makes me wonder how many manga/anime creators are closet-foreveralones. I wonder if the creators of fan service heavy ones are the cream of that crop.

I never thought of it in this way cuz I always just blindly revere them. I still would even if they're losers.
I bet they are. It makes a lot of sense when you put the creators of all these copy and paste anime in a light like that.

Imagine, all they do is shit aroud, lonely as fu*k, and write stories about what they wish they were. It explains why most of the haram MCs are losers.
Jul 15, 2017 8:06 PM
Jun 2017
Ainosense said:
1lastfall said:

@Ainosense

What did I do?

That's just real life.
You may blush and even feel a little nervous since some girls really do have the power to make guys feel like "i don't know what to do", but you sure as hell won't just push her and run away. If you do... well, if one does that he must have his own reasons (which i doubt they are the same as in Anime) speaking of which i just can't understand.
Yeah sure. The average American guy is as dense as a haram MC and is a massive pussy. I think you might want to take a look at a American highschool again because that's dead wrong. Americans may be a lot of things but if there's one thing I can say without a doubt, it's that Americans are not pussies. Sure, there might be a few greasy weaboos that can't get a girl but they are few and far in between.
Jul 15, 2017 8:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not
Jul 15, 2017 8:09 PM

Jan 2014
i hope not, that would make me hate humanity even more.
Jul 15, 2017 8:17 PM

Nov 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
i don't give 2 shits.. i look at the girls in anime, so the way the guy acts doesn't affect how much i like a show, harem or not

Agree with this.

It's always refreshing still when we get a MC like in Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica or Sister Testament who actually makes moves on the girls.
Jul 15, 2017 8:17 PM

Oct 2016
Kuraokani said:
Yeah sure. The average American guy is as dense as a haram MC and is a massive pussy. I think you might want to take a look at a American highschool again because that's dead wrong. Americans may be a lot of things but if there's one thing I can say without a doubt, it's that Americans are not pussies. Sure, there might be a few greasy weaboos that can't get a girl but they are few and far in between.

Oh, i think i wasn't clear. I was just saying there's no guy in real life that would act as dense as an Anime MC, meaning real life guys are mostly not pussies.

And i'd like to add:

EcchiLordMamster said:
Jul 15, 2017 8:26 PM
Jun 2017
EcchiLordMamster said:
I can see where not paying attention to the guy in a haram anime would make sense , but , in any genre? So you didn't pay attention to Lite in Death Note? Or Edward in FMA? How about Lelouch in Code Geass?

Ahh I get it, your a female main right? You only really like a anime if the MC is a girl? I can get that. I don't like female MCs in my anime, I mean, I can deal if there is a group of MCs and 1 or 2 of them is a girl(s) but besides that, I can only see myself following the story of a guy. Just personal preference I guess.
Ainosense said:
Kuraokani said:

Oh, i think i wasn't clear. I was just saying there's no guy in real life that would act as dense as an Anime MC, meaning real life guys are mostly not pussies.

And i'd like to add:

EcchiLordMamster said:
Jul 15, 2017 8:38 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Blarey said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Agree with this.

It's always refreshing still when we get a MC like in Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica or Sister Testament who actually makes moves on the girls.

yea i definitely agree cause if i made a top 10 favorite anime dudes, they'd both be in there lol

Kuraokani said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
I can see where not paying attention to the guy in a haram anime would make sense , but , in any genre? So you didn't pay attention to Lite in Death Note? Or Edward in FMA? How about Lelouch in Code Geass?

never seen Death Note, or FMA, so i can't say, but obviously in some shows i don't have a choice, like Titan

i did like Lelouch and i obviously had to pay attention to him to follow the plot, but still, Kallen/CC and their fanservice scenes were more important :D

but remember, this is coming from someone who mostly watches anime full of girls
Jul 15, 2017 8:43 PM

Jul 2017
EcchiLordMamster said:

This is pretty blunt and accurate actually lol
Jul 15, 2017 8:53 PM

Nov 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:

Pretty much true. Accurate and very representative of people who watch harems.

Except maybe a little on the non-harem part, which a good main character can actually be nice.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jul 15, 2017 9:07 PM
Jun 2017
EcchiLordMamster said:
Blarey said:

Agree with this.

yea i definitely agree cause if i made a top 10 favorite anime dudes, they'd both be in there lol

Kuraokani said:

never seen Death Note, or FMA, so i can't say, but obviously in some shows i don't have a choice, like Titan

i did like Lelouch and i obviously had to pay attention to him to follow the plot, but still, Kallen/CC and their fanservice scenes were more important :D

but remember, this is coming from someone who mostly watches anime full of girls
My lord, I just looked at your profile and I'm sorry for doubting you. I guess I should have realized it from the beginning with a name like ecchilord and all lol
Jul 15, 2017 9:09 PM

Feb 2015
because if the mc a harem anime acted differently it would be a hentai.
Jul 15, 2017 9:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Kuraokani said:
My lord, I just looked at your profile and I'm sorry for doubting you. I guess I should have realized it from the beginning with a name like ecchilord and all lol

i just lol'd irl

you're welcome to convert anytime

someone like me thinks:

"why be bothered by the guy when there's beautiful girls to look at?"
Jul 15, 2017 9:13 PM
Jun 2017
Kurtvonschroeder said:
Lmao that ps actually really good. Props man
Jul 15, 2017 9:14 PM
Jun 2017
EcchiLordMamster said:
Kuraokani said:

i just lol'd irl

someone like me thinks:

Lol so out of curiosity, do you pay attention to the story at all or is it all about the girls, all the time?
Jul 15, 2017 10:02 PM

Jul 2017
Kurtvonschroeder said:

Right. But if the main character is such a hot item they could atleast play coy a little bit or something lol
Jul 15, 2017 11:36 PM

Jul 2015
1lastfall said:
Like Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo! for a solid example.

I mean I know for the sake of the anime not being a hentai it should be like that to some degree, but you know what I mean.

Don't get me wrong though, I love the Tenchi series' and other harem anime. xD

it's been a while since I've seen techi muyo, but from what I remember, the girls in the harem are:

1. powerful

2. volatile

3. unpredictable

I can't fault Tenchi or any harem mc in a similar position for not choosing a girl from the harem to win.
Jul 16, 2017 2:50 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Kuraokani said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

i just lol'd irl

someone like me thinks:

Lol so out of curiosity, do you pay attention to the story at all or is it all about the girls, all the time?

LMAO ofc i pay attention to the story.. its just not priority, cause:

good story =/= entertaining

cute and hot girls and fanservice = entertaining ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 16, 2017 2:55 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I mean I'd probably be a wimpy as fuck MC in that position so I can't really get too mad over it

I can hardly choose a waifu ffs

Jul 16, 2017 3:05 AM

May 2015
The target audience of these anime are males who have a hard time with women, who get anxious easily near them. It's a wish-fulfillment for these guys, taking their difficulties and putting them in a setting where they have to confront them in a safe setting. Girls are still scary, but at least they want you.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 16, 2017 3:06 AM

Feb 2016
AltoRoark said:
I like main characters in harem to act like functional human beings. That's all I ask for.

Don't be ridiculous. Not everyone is a player that can approach girls with ease under any condition, but majority of guys would take the chance if such great opportunities, as they are usually presented in harem anime, would arise. And those guys are "functional human beings". Non-functional human beings are the ones who would not take an advantage to get closer with a girl, when such clear opportunities are presented to them.

psycho said:
no difference to most guys irl

anime is the harsh reality ~

No. The conditions presented in harem anime is far from what most guys irl ever experience. Read my reply above for details.
Jul 16, 2017 3:10 AM

Feb 2016
I still got no idea why anyone would consciously watch any anime of that kind. On the other hand it makes total sense that a person with this level of awareness would rant about things that are quite obvious from the cover alone hence the reason we are getting so many threads like these.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jul 16, 2017 3:20 AM

Jul 2015
yes there is people like harem mcs in real life

the only harem mc i liked until now is Keima from Twgok
Jul 16, 2017 3:26 AM

Jun 2008
>People focusing on the dude instead of all the thirsty bitches...

You're doing it wrong.

Jul 16, 2017 3:29 AM

Oct 2013
Im not a fan of weaklings in general but it depends which character we are talking about for me to give out my thoughts fully
Jul 16, 2017 3:35 AM

Aug 2013
I used to like those kind of MC like 5 years ago, but now wherever I see those kinds of MC, my rating for the anime drops by 2-3 points lol.
Jul 16, 2017 3:35 AM

Feb 2015
I like someone who doesn't blushes everytime girl touches him and is confident.
Jul 16, 2017 3:38 AM

Jul 2017
If I ever watch a harem anime again, the least I'll ask for is to have decent morals and not just screw around with girls.
Knowing your place and hang with girls casually, not being some kind of 12 y/o wimp.
Jul 16, 2017 4:06 AM

Dec 2012
I just laugh, at any rate 'mI there for the scantily clad ladies, I couldn't care less about the dude.
KruszerJul 17, 2017 6:59 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 16, 2017 4:19 AM

May 2016
Guy acts like pussy gets all the pussies, well there must be a hidden correlation somewhere that can't be seen by normal plebs I guess.
Jul 16, 2017 7:09 AM
Jun 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:

True! There is a reason why I have no harem guys as my faves. Except for Hachiman... he has something that I share and I'm too embarassed to tell it. And no, it's not about the trap.
Jul 16, 2017 7:12 AM

Mar 2015
why not just why hentai instead if you want such a thing OP? eroge aslo tons out there...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 16, 2017 7:59 AM

Oct 2015
yeah there are a lot of harem protagonist who act that way and it's kinda annoying to watch, but there are some harem mc that i actually like, for example : Kazami Yuuji from Grisaia, Keima from TWGOK, Issei from Highschool DxD.

Click the spinning
ghost for delivery (~‾▽‾)~
Jul 16, 2017 8:15 AM

Jul 2017
Does the following idea not sound kind of amusing though?:

So think of a harem anime where the main character was just playing all the girls that want him, getting with all of them, pissing off all the other ones that are in love with him.

There would be fierce emotions.

The end could be break-through. For example, the MC actually picks and marries one. Or even better, the girls never talk to the MC again after realizing he's a douchebag and group kick his ass while the credits roll. hahaha
Jul 16, 2017 10:29 AM

Sep 2012
1lastfall said:
Does the following idea not sound kind of amusing though?:

So think of a harem anime where the main character was just playing all the girls that want him, getting with all of them, pissing off all the other ones that are in love with him.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/13161/Hagure_Yuusha_no_Aesthetica

There ya go
Jul 16, 2017 10:30 AM

Sep 2009
All Japanese guys are little pussys, duhh.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 16, 2017 10:32 AM

Jun 2016
Meh I don't mind. People usually focus on the girls in harems anyways.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime with the "most toxic" fanbase?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 minute ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - Apr 16

46 by nyugvo6 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - Yesterday

41 by Silverlight41 »»
18 minutes ago

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - Apr 16

19 by IpreferEcchi »»
29 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

44 by iftsistrnn »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.