Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 27, 2017 1:10 PM

Dec 2014
Utaha x Eriri is best ship. XD

Honestly, Eriri and Utaha's dynamic is what carried the first season for me and now it's once again their relationship that I find the most moving in this series. The bond they've developed, how they reinforce each other's passion to improve and get better is fantastic. The scene with Utaha crying on seeing Eriri's new artwork and the latter urging her to show Akane that she shouldn't be underestimated was beautiful and very emotional. At this point, I don't give a shit about what happens with Aki, never really liked him much anyway. I'd much rather follow Eriri and Utaha as they strive to make themselves better and come up in the world but unfortunately, that's probably not gonna happen.

The ending was kinda nice and as much as I like Kato, I guess I'm just not interested in Aki's side of things.
Jan 16, 2018 9:58 AM
Sep 2010
That was a bit disappointing. I understand why they left but I also think it’s rude that they knew he was planning something and yet didn’t tell him that they are leaving, waiting for him to finish his proposal just to crush his dreams when he talks to them about it... I know it’s just an anime but damn, if I worked on something with a group of friends and they suddenly left me like that I’d be pretty angry.
Jan 20, 2018 6:40 AM

May 2015
Final proof that Katou is best girl.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 8, 2018 6:34 AM
Oct 2017
Of course, it was a tempting offer. However, I find it shocking how easily a lot of people brush off the unhealthy view that Eriri (and also Utaha) display when it comes to what it means to be an artist.

Yes, as an artist myself I know very well that you do have to sacrifice certain things in order to make it work but most of what you sacrifice is actually time. Time you sacrifice happily because at the end of the day, art is something an artist should really do for, well, for art. Art is created to move and touch people. Every artist started making art because of that, because they've been moved by someone or something.

Aki, even though he doesn't realize it, wants to make games because of exactly that. Eriri and Utaha are actually forgetting about this and what's frustrating is that they actually blame their own shortcomings (unable to draw) on others. Do you think once you hit another slump, someone like Akane will not tell you that it's just your own problem? And it's true. Nor Aki, nor anyone else can be blamed for your own artistic insecurities. There's no such thing as artistic blocks. It's all in the way you see things and it's all in your own head.

I used to get into blocks all of the time when I was a teenager because I felt like I had to prove myself to others. More specifically, I had to prove myself special. Now I realize how off track I had gotten as far as a creator. I wasn't worthy of such a title. Harsh but real truth. If you do the things that you love with all of your heart and put effort into it, not because of outsiders but because of your love for what you do, you will naturally grow beyond your wildest expectations.

Respect your craft, cherish your successes and failures even more, and shit, respect yourself and your audience even if it consists of a single person (and even if it doesn't, at least it made you happy)!

How awful it is for us to simply assume that artists sacrificing financial security, personal relationships, and good health is normal, needed even. Really? I thought that too. I thought I needed pain and depression and whatsoever to create, but damn, now that I've realized what it all truly means, now that I create with a peaceful mind and wholesome heart, I can actually understand again why I loved the arts in the first place. Of course, there are still things that will bother you, tear you, but you won't, no, you can't let that replace the love you've got for this because it will always end up at some point as shitty, self-indulgent, forced art. It won't help anyone.

Saekano's portrayal of Eriri and Utaha won't help anyone and it's hard to see how many people in the arts have the same definition of what it means to be an artist. However, nor Utaha or Eriri essentially get what it means to be an artists thus failing to be worthy of such a title.
Mar 16, 2018 1:58 AM

Aug 2017
Crashmatt said:
Megume looked better with long hair. Ffs why do they always pull this shit? Anyway we all know she isn't best girl. That would be Utaha
Yes on Kato's hair and yes on Utaha!

Kato's long hair was better. I don't care about Utaha and Eriri's creativity, writing, drawing and $hit. I just want harem.

lovehina850 said:
Is it just me or did Tomoya just get NTR'd
He totally got NTR'd. Series stinks now, no fun.
CarbonMDMar 16, 2018 2:02 AM
Apr 6, 2018 9:08 PM

Mar 2014
Okay, I've been shipping Tomoya and Utaha since episode 0 of season 1, but the last two episodes were enough to say "fuck it" to that. TomoyaxIori is the true route for me now.

Now seriously, I probably will fanboy Utaha 'til the day I die but her decision (and Eriri's, but who cares about Eriri anyway?) to accept Akane's proposal without telling Tomoya anything for an entire month despite knowing that he's most likely thinking about the next project is a completely dick move. Hell, this pissed me off more than I'm willing to admit.

If Tomoya ends picking someone in the end, it better be Kato after this shitshow.
Apr 19, 2018 5:24 AM

Dec 2015
Seems like it's going to be a complete and utter failure in terms of drama. Fuck you Tomoya for being such a prideless, understanding sack of shit.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 26, 2019 2:34 PM

Sep 2018
#JusticeForUtaha
May 6, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
Probably one of the most boring episodes so far, Utaha and Eriri are not the characters who are making this show great for me I'm afraid. So that was a bit of overkill of the less interesting characters.
Jul 3, 2019 4:47 AM

Jun 2017
Poor Aki, Eriri and Utaha should've atleast talked to Aki about their intention to quit. Anyway, Kato to the rescure, I just don't like the fact that she cut her hair short, bad decision.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 18, 2019 1:30 AM

Aug 2018
I like Utaha and Eriri but they spend too much time on them in this ep. I hate this ep for leaving Tomo behind at least Katou was there in the end the only best part of this ep.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 9, 2020 12:35 AM

Jul 2013
Well shit. But I can't really fault anyone of them, gotta think for themselves from time to time. This happens a lot in the real world, in every industry, we're all familiar with it.
Feb 17, 2020 10:07 PM

Feb 2019
They're really cranking up the quality leading up to the finale. This was again another amazing episode.

Seeing the conflict experienced by both Eriri and Utaha-senpai was emotional. When Eriri drew that beautiful image and then started crying, that was one of the most emotional and heartbreaking moments in this entire series. Eriri loves Tomoya, doesn't want to betray him, wants to say with him, but knows that she won't improve with him. His kindness and care for her is an obstacle to her improving. That and her sobbing made me tear up. It was beautiful to see these two talented girls who have been at each others' throats for so long finally acknowledge one another and becoming a team. With such skills and determination, there's no doubt they'll make something great.

Depressed Tomoya is sad to see. It's kind of a difficult situation. I'm someone who really values loyalty, but at the same time this is a really great opportunity for the girls. I understand how Tomoya could feel down. I was expecting him to see Katou up on that hill when we saw those flashbacks. But suddenly she came up in her cute dress, dressed like that day they first "met", and shot out the lines that killed me.

"Let's go on a date.

We should go out on a date."

Damn. Katou, always stealing the show at the end. So cute, beautiful, kind, lovely. Truly the best girl. They might be gone, but Katou is still here and she's not going anywhere.

I love this series. I liked the first season, but I LOVE the second one. It's definitely one of my favourites. It's been so amazing and the overall quality has gone up far from the first season, especially the last few episodes. Really tugged at the heartstrings, something I didn't expect that much from this.

Really wondering how this'll all end with one more episode.

Also, when Utaha-senpai's manager said what if Tomoya said "Please stay with me forever even after you graduate!" and then Utaha-senpai spitting the tea was lol. How desirable would that be for Utaha-senpai.
Jun 3, 2020 9:24 AM
Jun 2015
Utaha and Eriri unlocked yuri route LOL
Sep 25, 2020 10:08 PM

Aug 2019
fuck those two broads.
Oct 15, 2020 2:46 AM

Aug 2017
This episode was really a sad one but was very realistic.
This somehow felt painful and wonderful at the same time.

Katou cut her hair. No matter what look she flaunts she'll always rock it!!
So that date... Is that to cheer up Aki or is she falling for him now!??

Hmmm....Interesting!!

Oct 19, 2020 6:21 PM
Nov 2018
I can't be mad at Eriri and Utaha senpai. An wonderful opportunity came for them and rejecting it would be just foolish. I see this a lot in the real world. I feel bad for Tomoya, but i can't blame the girls.
Jan 16, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2017
It was a bit too overdramatized but Eriri and Utaha made the right career decision in the end, especially after Eriri broke out of her slump. Sure Akane was comically drunk to the point where it felt like she was a demon spawn but she pushed Eriri and motivated her to break out of that slump and draw even better than before now. Tomoya was a safety net for her but Eriri and Utaha would not be able to advance in their skills if they stuck to that circle, especially when they have the world on their fingertips with a massive project that could boost their careers forever with someone like Akane Kousaka at the helm, compared to some average VN game with a cliche plot that Tomoya had.

The first game did really well because of Utaha's writing and Eriri's drawings, to the point where Tomoya's initial ideas for the first game got overshadowed really quickly when he tried to make a gal game with Megumi as the main heroine as it turned to something dramatically different. In a sense, Tomoya and Megumi right now are where they really should be whereas Eriri and Utaha are where they should be now too given the amount of potential they had, and the platform they got to really turn some heads in the game industry once they were a part of the project together. They both connected with each other better than ever too so that Fields Chronicle project should be a big step in the right direction for them.

Megumi and Tomoya met at the same spot they met initially at the beginning of the show and with a haircut and refreshed mindset, she wants to go on a date with Tomoya. Sounds refreshing for them since they're on their own now, and need something like this to just clear their minds a bit before deciding on what to do now and how to progress since their star players have left the circle for bigger and better projects.

Pretty good overall, especially since it sort of cleared the air with Utaha and Eriri a bit, and while overdramatized, did mostly the right things it had to do in this episode.
Jan 19, 2021 10:21 PM

Jan 2020
Just rewatching the season again in prep for watching the movie. I remember how much the girls pissed me off, not because they left the circle but because of how they decided to not even let Tomoya know about their decision. In particular, I really hated how Eriri handled it (wasn’t a fan of hers anyway), especially considering she left him before. I understand they weren’t obligated to tell him, but that was the least they could do if they considered him as a friend. I know this likely won’t happen, but I wish somehow Tomoya would be able to pull off creating a game that the girls would have wished to work on instead.
On a side note, I wished Megumi kept her hair long. It was really suiting her and I liked it better.
Jul 19, 2021 1:17 AM

Jul 2015
Great bonding there between Eriri and Utaha. While its sad for Tomoya that his two best creators have left the team to advance their career and skills, at least he got best girl Kato there at the end to go on a date with.

Aug 17, 2021 8:18 AM

Jun 2020
Glad to see them so cooperative with each other unlike their usual quarrel

So this is what happened way back before they announced this to Tomoya, Eriri's tears she knew all along it is sad to betray her friend yet again for the second time

Tomoya is looking a bit lonely back then but short-haired Katou is the best, This is mostly a build-up for the last episode huh.
Sep 10, 2021 2:34 AM
Jan 2021
Well this hurts, but I really like it
Dec 29, 2021 5:21 AM

Nov 2010
At least he still got Megumi on his side.

Anyway, I think the main reason Utaha and Eriri left is because they both know they can't win against the main waifu. hehe
Jan 2, 2022 3:46 AM
Dec 2019
Holy shit cucked so hard thats rough
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jan 2, 2022 3:50 AM
Dec 2019
I get it, career is important but to not even have the balls to confront him yourself? Jeez major snake she even said it herself betraying him again, absolute bitch. Utaha is fine though, she had to do Eiris dirty work for her anyway so she’s mostly clear. Well now I know why Megumi has so many more favorites LOL
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Feb 1, 2022 9:30 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This episode only made me hate both of them more, when previously they were my favorites, thank god episode 8 exists!

Dousea said:
What I can say to Akane is "bitch, you need a life". Thank God I switched side to Kato at Episode 8, because I couldn't feel it in Utaha anymore. Not a really good season, but hey, at least the best girl wins.

YES.

sekai_sshi said:
That was a bit disappointing. I understand why they left but I also think it’s rude that they knew he was planning something and yet didn’t tell him that they are leaving, waiting for him to finish his proposal just to crush his dreams when he talks to them about it... I know it’s just an anime but damn, if I worked on something with a group of friends and they suddenly left me like that I’d be pretty angry.

Exactly my point, the lack of communication here kills it for me, I end up hating these final episodes a lot.

But also the direction of the drama, like for real?! Surely the writter was expecting to have a lot of people feeling betraying, because he made us attached to them, to suddently pull a trick like this, also Eriri suddently being like this is because Aki cared for her to the point he wanted her be healthy, he truly cherished her... lesson learnt, got cocked for thinking about her well being, next time bash her, scream at her, so she can get motivation to improve further!!
DUMB LOGIC.

Soupisekaitrash said:
I get it, career is important but to not even have the balls to confront him yourself? Jeez major snake she even said it herself betraying him again, absolute bitch. Utaha is fine though, she had to do Eiris dirty work for her anyway so she’s mostly clear. Well now I know why Megumi has so many more favorites LOL

Megumi for LIFE.
Also IMO Utaha doesnt get the free pass either, fuck her too, they both share the blame, but of course, lets not forget to actually blame the writter because this was RETARDED DRAMA, for the sake of having things moving forwad, he could have handled this much better, but NO.

Ziurrr said:
Well this hurts, but I really like it

I dont, this was going so well but I will be giving this season a way lower score than I usually give to most, I just cant stomatch this BS. NOPE.
May 15, 2022 2:03 PM

Nov 2019
BasicallyTNG said:
" Yeah boss we know we're on holiday and all now but we secretly quit and joined another company without telling you, but we're super sad about our decision. But we'll patiently wait for you to ask us when we'll be back in the office before telling you that we quit for a better job. Whoops. Here, let me use my girl tears to reduce the pain. Also, we're fucking professionals remember that. Also we've always thought you're a lousy boss. We literally worked under you just for a chance to get at your dick for some reason. Uh, you're fired boss. "

This quote is gold. Great way of explaining it.
Jan 28, 2023 12:20 AM

Aug 2020
Emotional rollercoaster, seeing the struggle Eriri had to go through, choosing between growing as artist, and meeting a new challenge head-on, and caring for Aki. It's nice to see her and Utaha get closer and gain mutual respect. And the ending, with Kato making a surprise appearance and even more surprising suggestion, made this episode end on a positive note.
Feb 5, 2023 12:53 PM

May 2020
Did we just burn away every last bit of development both Utaha and Eriri went through before the start of last episode.. like really? Wasn't the sole purpose of Utaha joining the circle was that she always seeked validation from Tomoya about her works and because he was kind to her? Also didn't Eriri too have reasons remotely similar to that? So how can they not even tell him on his face that they're leaving?

This was just... leave it atleast Megumi is there. The only girl who matters anyway.
Softhenic03Feb 5, 2023 12:57 PM
Jan 15, 1:54 AM

Feb 2018
Pretty emotional episode once again. Looks like Blessing Software has a chance to come back?

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jan 25, 4:59 AM

Oct 2022
LOL Kato initiating, going for the kill now that her fellow rivals are down for the count.
Mar 16, 6:06 AM

Mar 2016
The NTR would be more impactful if Akane was a man

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

100 by EinTheVariance »»
Mar 22, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

277 by toralbabs »»
Jan 27, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

205 by toralbabs »»
Jan 20, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by Strikrr »»
Jan 20, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

100 by Strikrr »»
Jan 19, 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.