Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 27, 2017 10:08 AM

Mar 2014
So Reiner has multiple personality disorder? There's another term but I can't think of the name
May 27, 2017 10:08 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, it was like going back to season 1 where nothing happens and 2 minutes of speaking equals 3 minutes of silence, glances and shouting without actual development in the conversation.

Empty action is boring, but don't come here like elitist saying a chapter like this is good and people only hate it because it's about talking. There's difference between plot development and taking your time to talk the things and wasting an absurd amount of time in absolutely nothing.

Antearion said:
So... Who the hell is the enemy!?

Reiner and Berthold, they broke the walls to let the enemy (titans) inside :P

If you are talking about the real "enemy", then wait until season 5 (or 4 if season 3 is 24 ep).
Waifus only represent ideals
May 27, 2017 10:10 AM

Jan 2015
Good episode

It's like everyone expects every episode of AOT to be all action.

Guessing the last two episodes will be what's in the intro? The next episode will probably be the last setup episode for that.
May 27, 2017 10:15 AM
Feb 2016
Is Eren asking what is the Ape Titan ... Or what is an Ape ?
May 27, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
In today's episode of Shingeki no Therapy, four emotionally unstable teens try to come with terms with themselves

Wasn't expecting that flashback to appear so soon, it took quite a while for the manga to confirm it.

It's been so long I kinda forgot that Ymir actually knew shit since the beggining, funny seeing those scenes with this perspective.

Hopefully, no more shaky cam effect for next episodes, I really dislike that.
Baby, daijobanai...
May 27, 2017 10:25 AM
Jul 2015
Me watching the episode.

Very annoying and any explanations.

May 27, 2017 10:28 AM
Apr 2014
Wait a sec, they're doing the Ymir flashback now???
This could be a massive spoiler that would ruin the biggest plot twist of the series.
Anyway, the viewers of this anime are such action babies, the conversation in this episode is pretty important and hints at a lot of things to come.
May 27, 2017 10:33 AM

May 2016
An ok episode. I expected more action. I hope Ymir will die during this season because I can't stand her .
May 27, 2017 10:33 AM

Jun 2008
Reiner you blithering basket case.
It's ironic seeing the usual "leader" of the gang this weak and losing his shit. Must have been too hard for him unlike the "lackey" Bertholdt, ok his character is irritating and weak and yet he surprisingly maintained his sanity. Ymir doing what we expect her to do lol she cracks me up, at least Reiner had some brains left to use Christa to convince her, I enjoyed the episode, writing such a dialogue isn't easy, I guess excitement comes in different forms. God I hope what happened to Marco isn't what I think happened, lost faith in humanity already lol
And can they just change Eren a bit? WHO DA FOK SAYS I WILL KILL YOU JUST KEEP QUIET AND DO IT QUIETLY ONCE THEY RELAX YOU BLOODY IDIOT!
BishoooDuckMay 27, 2017 10:37 AM
May 27, 2017 10:34 AM

May 2014
Wow, Ymir's VA is just amazing, I love the way she talks it's like classy sass xD

Anyway I'm looking forward to the next episode, this was pretty darn tense and interesting.. And I really want to believe in Reiner, he's such a lovable dork.. I can't hate him, Eren can you chill for a sec?

I wanna know their reasons, Berthoth needs to talk more, his VA ain't even bad.
Ymir and Reiner stole the episode for me, looks like she's transforming next episode though.

Ymir and Reiner, pls survive.

May 27, 2017 10:35 AM

May 2016
It's a good episode but unfortunately, I had massive silence while watching those dramatic drama scene.

So yeah, it was too bad for everyone that we had to wait another one again.

May 27, 2017 10:45 AM

May 2016
Damn it was a really good episode after that fight we need some peace after all, poor Eren had it tough Ymir joins Reiner and Berdtold for Historya's sake this was an emotional fight, with words.
May 27, 2017 10:47 AM
Apr 2017
Basically just 4 titan shifter chatting
Still hoping to see 4 titan-shifter and beast titan chatting
May 27, 2017 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty intense episode, things are slowly coming into light. The secrets are being revealed.
I'm sure few expected another episode without any action, but the verbal exchange back and forth between the Reiner, Ymir and Eren was very interesting. Reiner though, he's swaying from one side to the other and is hardly seeming to be keeping his mental balance.
Ymir's suggestion that she could switch forces means these are tense times for Eren, who's trying to escape Reiner's clutches. Good build up to a showdown which I'm expecting in the next 3 episodes.
May 27, 2017 11:04 AM
Jan 2014
Last episode wasn't particularly eventful, but yikes, this one was almost completely worthless.

You could've condensed this ep into 5 minutes, and not have missed anything at all.
May 27, 2017 11:10 AM

Jun 2016
To everyone who's saying the two recent episodes are boring aren't allowed to watch the next season and Monogatari series. Hahahahah!

To all the non-manga readers, don't click the spoiler button below:

Yet again, I fucking loved every episode. Ugh. And Wit Studio didn't disappoint again, they animated this fucking titan. I remember laughing so fucking hard while I was reading that chapter in the manga. Hahahahahaha! Yaaaaas!

TheDoggoneGirlMay 27, 2017 11:17 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 27, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2016
hassage said:
An ok episode. I expected more action. I hope Ymir will die during this season because I can't stand her .

I hereby declare that I forbid thee from watching Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3. Bye! Hahahaha.

gubruikertje said:
lunarxlunar said:
Manga does have pacing problems. You either hate it or tolerate it to wait for the next big moments. Because that's kind of what AoT is about.

Why keep the pacing problems when adapting into an anime? I mean I don't dislike talking (I actually prefer it over action scenes) but this was 20 minutes of talking about nothing.
It's almost as bad as season 1 where it took Eren 3 episodes to move a boulder from A to B.

Talking about nothing? Hahahaha! You just wait. Hahahahahaha!

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 27, 2017 11:18 AM
Sep 2016
Two straight episodes of just conversation! This is only twelve episodes. I've waited so long! At least give me some action!
May 27, 2017 11:22 AM
May 2016
Kamiko_Yukimura said:
Two straight episodes of just conversation! This is only twelve episodes. I've waited so long! At least give me some action!

Yeah it's totally not like episodes 4-7 have been action packed at all right? Nothing at all has happened this season aside from the reveal of the identities of the main villains and an actual story being pushed forward with proper characterisation.

Totally garbage season so far.
May 27, 2017 11:23 AM

Sep 2015
This was a sorta boring episode as it was all talk.
May 27, 2017 11:24 AM

Mar 2015
Wow only 3 episodes left :( I hope we'll get some more info about the monkey titan before this season ends. Anyways great episode, really tense one as well.
May 27, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2016
_Spectacled_ said:
Hmm, I wonder which chapter this season is going to end at. This episode only adapted one chapter and looks like next episode's gonna have the same pace

Yeah, I can't predict which chapter they'll cover for the last episode. Though, I'm having a feeling that they will somehow cover the 1st and 2nd chapter of the Uprising Arc which is fine with me.

Shiota_Nagisa_ said:
Eh...

1/5.

Boring af.

My smol ansgty anger child looks bored af lmao.

Also can we just take a moment.

DRAW ME LIKE YOUR FRENCH TITANS EREN.

I CANNOT.

THESE DAMN TITANS AND THEIR DAMN POSES I AM DONE.

Nah.

Nahhhhhhh.

Nah.

NAH REINER YOU'RE JUST CONFUSED OKAY.

THAT'S NOT MARCO.

IT'S JUST SOMEONE WHO YOU THINK IS MARCO.

BUT IT'S NOT MARCO.

I DON'T SEE MARCO'S FACE.

SO I AM STILL LIVING IN DENIAL.

IT'S NOT MARCO AND MY SON IS FINE AND HE'S JUST FINE SOMEWHERE ELSE OKAY? THANK YOU.

I will continue living in denial.

Marco is fine.

STFU REINER.

Eren.... HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF LOL.

I'm pretty sure you killed loads of people when you threw Titan-Annie on that church last season, and you stabbed those guys years ago, and you're semi responsible for like all of Levi's squad...

Idek man I'm pretty sure you're the same :')

*le cri for angry smol angsty Eren*

Anyway hopefully next week is better... looks more... action-y? Idek man.

Yup.

If you're looking for more actions, I suggest you should not watch season 3. Jeez. -_-

Vinyet said:
Akai_Yami said:
So Rainer mostlikely has schizophrenia

That's not what schizophrenia is. If anything, it's dissociative personality disorder, when the person creates a new personality to cope with a traumatic and stressful situation. There's "warrior Reiner" and "soldier Reiner".

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 27, 2017 11:25 AM
May 2012
eren please stop embarrassing yourself.
i kinda hate people who thinks an episode is boring just because it didn't have any 'action' in it.
May 27, 2017 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Omg poor Eren and Ymir. :( My poor children are going through so much shit.
I really like Eren's more reasonable side, even if it's hard for him, surrounded by those two bastards. Worst thing is that I even can't mad at Reiner, because... look at him, listen to him.
Berthold: "I felt sorry for you." Yes, that helps, asshole. x.x
May 27, 2017 11:29 AM

Jun 2016
Modernoir said:
Kamiko_Yukimura said:

Yeah it's totally not like episodes 4-7 have been action packed at all right? Nothing at all has happened this season aside from the reveal of the identities of the main villains and an actual story being pushed forward with proper characterisation.

Hinata said:

You guys aren't allowed to watch season 3, okay? Quit the show. Ffs!

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 27, 2017 11:31 AM

May 2015
Wait, so Marco was Titan too? It sounds like it.

Typical "blah, blah" episode. Build up for some shiet. :D
FrozenRaiderMay 27, 2017 11:37 AM
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 27, 2017 11:34 AM
May 2016
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:
Modernoir said:

Hinata said:

I was being sarcastic mate, I've been calling out the people who've been complaining about there being actual story since the season started.
May 27, 2017 11:38 AM

May 2015
Oh god, Reiner is completely losing it, lol.

Great episode though.

May 27, 2017 11:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very interesting conversation. Eren's anger issues (yeah, they are justified) take over him and have Ymir doubt herself if she should stick with Eren here.

Reiner knows what he is doing in his warrior personality but he is mentally fucked up as his soldier personality keeps him from doing what he needs to do (whatever it is).

Bertholdt kinda came off as a big pussy here, probably cause he doesn't know how to act when Reiner constantly switches personality.
SmudyMay 27, 2017 12:11 PM
May 27, 2017 11:45 AM

Jun 2016
Modernoir said:
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:

I was being sarcastic mate, I've been calling out the people who've been complaining about there being actual story since the season started.

Alrighty then. Haha!

Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 27, 2017 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
Meh.
Watching the show weekly completely ruins the experience, pacing is awful.
May 27, 2017 12:16 PM

Dec 2016
Omg , who is that monkey , and eren didnt visit his house yet (with his key) and the titan that can't move with the mom of the bold kid
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 27, 2017 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:

Yeah, I can't predict which chapter they'll cover for the last episode. Though, I'm having a feeling that they will somehow cover the 1st and 2nd chapter of the Uprising Arc which is fine with me.

By that, do you mean chapters 51 and 52? at this rate, I honestly doubt we'll even cover them. I think it's possible to cover some bits of chapter 51, but definitely not 52. It also seems that they'll only cover chapter 47 next episode. I hope they'll also include parts of chapter 48 but child Ymir doesn't make me too optimistic.
May 27, 2017 12:22 PM

Jan 2017
Reiner being a nutjob, got it.
Eren can't control any of his emotions to save his life, got it.
Bertholdt never talks, got it.

This wasn't a bad episode in that we got some interesting stuff out of Ymir and Reiner, and the flashback tease to what happened to Marco was good enough.

But look, this is the anime, not the manga. Some manga readers are somehow enjoying the suffering of those of us who came to this series late in the game via the anime, and legit are like "why pace this so oddly?" I mean, you could spread the action and the reveals between all the episodes, but instead it's like action-action-action-slow reveal-flashback-slow reveal, episode-by-episode recently. I have no problem with the lack of action... I do have a problem with how it's been paced out for anime format. These must have been the same people who enjoyed the Freeza arc in DBZ? 18 episodes of trying to pinch a loaf. *shrug*

Still watching because the reveals and dialogue are good, if poorly paced. I'm sure I'll love it once the eps are all released and I can re-watch in a binge like I did with Season 1.

4/5
Annie… Fall.
May 27, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2014
If you know what is happeing in the manga at this point, ever word made sense. How Ymir explained the situation of Reiner and Bertholdt... amazing episode
May 27, 2017 12:29 PM

Sep 2015
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:
Modernoir said:

Hinata said:

Lol I watched AoT since the time when its 2nd episode was out like 4 years ago. Only been following the manga since 2015 sadly. Im pretty sure I would've called this one episode boring even If I havent seen the manga.
May 27, 2017 12:34 PM
May 2016
Hinata said:
TheDoggoneGirl07 said:

Lol I watched AoT since the time when its 2nd episode was out like 4 years ago. Only been following the manga since 2015 sadly. Im pretty sure I would've called this one episode boring even If I havent seen the manga.

Different strokes, I suppose, I found the episode interesting and the chapter the same when I first read it because it was quite odd yet unique to see the villains presented in this kind of way. Also, the Marco flashback added quite a bit I'd say.
May 27, 2017 12:42 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm Not easy to know what is going on since all the spoilers are gone.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 27, 2017 12:48 PM
Apr 2017
This episode proves that AoT is more than just fighting. I really like the episodes where they slow down to develop the characters
"I'll leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me"
May 27, 2017 12:55 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Boi, Eren was even more annoying than usual this episode.
Also i laughed my ass off when they were screaming at each others with effect and shit.
First really ''meh'' episode this season
And dont do the ''hurr hurr u just want action'' bullshit on me because thats not the case.
This episode was just pretty damn weak personally.
DatRandomDudeMay 27, 2017 1:00 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 27, 2017 1:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
FireFistYamaan said:
Boy people are hating on this episode and the previous one, what will they do when the next season arrives

Forums are going to be filled with " Does anyone else....bla bla black" threads!

Personally, I love these slowburn episodes. When they're well directed they're brilliant. The tension rises slowly and gets unbearable at points.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 27, 2017 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
Seriously, people are complaining because there's no action ? Although there's a lot of character development for once ?
May 27, 2017 1:09 PM

Sep 2016
well that was easly the best episode of this season so far, made my finally real hyped again

to bad there are only 3 episodes left lol
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

May 27, 2017 1:16 PM

Jun 2015
I liked this ep. We saw a development of Reiner's background, and it was really interesting. So many questions still unanswered. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the next part. :O
4/5
May 27, 2017 1:18 PM

Dec 2013
After reading all through to the latest chapter, it's amazing to see just how spoilerish-yet-not-spoiling the author made this series. I swear watching this episode with no knowledge raises so many questions, but once everything comes to light, watching this episode is almost one lightbulb moment after another. it's pretty good how intricate and well thought out the events and dialogue in this episode was in the context of whats to come in seasons 3 or 4 and even 5.

Absolutely loving it.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 27, 2017 1:23 PM

Dec 2015
Anime-only peasants that need "action".
Freaks, AoT is a good manga/anime anyways.
Also, Don't watch next season (political arc) 'cause it has a lot of dialogue... Assholes...
May 27, 2017 1:23 PM
The Séance

Jul 2016
Hyack said:
Shiota_Nagisa_ said:
NAH REINER YOU'RE JUST CONFUSED OKAY.

THAT'S NOT MARCO.

IT'S JUST SOMEONE WHO YOU THINK IS MARCO.

BUT IT'S NOT MARCO.

I DON'T SEE MARCO'S FACE.

SO I AM STILL LIVING IN DENIAL.

IT'S NOT MARCO AND MY SON IS FINE AND HE'S JUST FINE SOMEWHERE ELSE OKAY? THANK YOU.

I will continue living in denial.

Marco is fine.
Quality post right here

I'M NOT OKAY. I WILL NEVER BE OKAY.
May 27, 2017 1:27 PM

Jan 2014
FireFistYamaan said:
Boy people are hating on this episode and the previous one, what will they do when the next season arrives

LOL this is what i was thinking. "SNK3 - worst anime of the year" kind memes incoming?... xD
May 27, 2017 1:28 PM

Mar 2017
This fandom goes crazy over Marco's death. I never really saw him as an important character.

Well there goes Eren acting on impulse as always.

I imagine the anime watchers being confused about Reiner split personality. I've always sympathized with Reiner and Bertl even throughout the manga.
LunarPisces1May 27, 2017 2:15 PM
May 27, 2017 1:35 PM

Mar 2016
Dam pretty good episode! Hope it keeps like this! It's really a great adaptation from the source material!

Modernoir said:
Considering pretty much all of the dialogue is new and we're further getting to learn about Reiner, Bertolt and Ymir, I think this episode was pretty damn interesting.

That small flashback scene though, damn...

Oh well, now we wait for the usual mass of "WHERE'S THE ACTION WHY IS THERE STORY IN MY MIKASA-SLASHER ANIME?!" comments.

Also, anime-original Ymir flashback next week?

I think they will show a little of Ymir's past! The difference between the Manga and the Anime is that her past is only showned 80+ chpater I think... (Sry if I'm wrong)
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.