Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 2017 9:21 AM

Jun 2015
So I was on youtube just now, [they closed animax so now I do this T_T]

and there seems to be a resurgence of these flat earth tards.

claiming the earth is flat and and everyone is taking on blind faith that the earth is round, putting pictuers of ndt and other as lairs.....

what the hell?

any idiots here who beileve that?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 23, 2017 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
...The earth is not flat i don't know why some people think that, but i guess let them believe what they wanna believe lol.
May 23, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2015
Earth is flat. It's a flat disc on top of four elephants on top of a gigantic turtle flying through space
May 23, 2017 9:27 AM

Feb 2013
It's some bandwagon shit. They'll calm down eventually.
May 23, 2017 9:29 AM

Sep 2016
Actually, Earth is shaped like a dinosaur.

THE GOVERNMENT IS LYING TO US. ANCIENT CONSPIRACY. ILLUMINATI !!!11!

Bobby2Hands said:
Earth is flat. It's a flat disc on top of four elephants on top of a gigantic turtle flying through space

Holy shit! Is that a Discworld reference?
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

May 23, 2017 9:33 AM

May 2016
Oh man, I watched some videos about earth being flat too xD I even watched some which said that dinosaurs didn't exist and all fossils are fake lol The best thing were the retards on the comment box, saying that the things said in the video were true, and we can't see that because we were programmed to be slaves or some shit like that xD I can imagine them spending a lot on tin foil hats lol
May 23, 2017 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
You know, it's very popular, because...

May 23, 2017 9:35 AM

Aug 2016
Even the flat earthers get it wrong although the world is indeed flat it is also carried on the back of enormous elephants who are also riding on the back of a giant space turtle.

May 23, 2017 9:37 AM

Sep 2016
Zenbear said:
Even the flat earthers get it wrong although the world is indeed flat it is also carried on the back of enormous elephants who are also riding on the back of a giant space turtle.

I'm counting three elephants in that picture. Where's your evidence now?

EARTH IS A DINOSAUR. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

May 23, 2017 9:41 AM

Jan 2013
Actually Earth is shaped like what Slipknot sounds like.
May 23, 2017 9:42 AM

Jan 2017
this thread is more entertaining than expected
anyway they must be so idiot to believe that until now
or part of those Islamic people since it is sad in the quran that the earth is flat not sure i am christian

May 23, 2017 9:44 AM

Aug 2012
Stephen Hawkign said: “A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever, " said the old lady. "But it turtles all the way down!”

Nuff' said.

@kikyo1hinamora
Lmao, using a picture as a source of credit really shows how clever you are.
May 23, 2017 9:46 AM

Aug 2016
Noesnecesario said:
Zenbear said:

I'm counting three elephants in that picture. Where's your evidence now?

EARTH IS A DINOSAUR. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Terry Pratchett is the one true messiah. REPENT SINNER
May 23, 2017 9:48 AM

Jan 2017
Rasheed said:
Stephen Hawkign said: “A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever, " said the old lady. "But it turtles all the way down!”

Nuff' said.

@kikyo1hinamora
can u read arabic don't think so but i can and it is sad in the quran this is a part of it but i think it is bullshit
May 23, 2017 9:55 AM

Aug 2012
kikyo1hinamora said:
Rasheed said:

Nuff' said.

@kikyo1hinamora
can u read arabic don't think so but i can and it is sad in the quran this is a part of it but i think it is bullshit

I'm well aware of what is written there, I can speak, read and write Arabic perfectly fine. Stop using pictures.

Not sure how to discredit what is being said in the picture. The Quran, hasn't stated the Earth was flat (directly), rather, it is written how Allah said and I quote "flattened" and "stretched" the Earth. Which can certainly mean alot of things, rather than a flat piece of land which most people think it would mean.
May 23, 2017 9:58 AM

Apr 2017
I wish the earth were flat because then it'd be 2D and then my waifu would be real RIGHT????????!!!
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
May 23, 2017 10:00 AM

Jan 2017
Rasheed said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

I'm well aware of what is written there, I can speak, read and write Arabic perfectly fine. Stop using pictures.

Not sure how to discredit what is being said in the picture. The Quran, hasn't stated the Earth was flat (directly), rather, it is written how Allah said and I quote "flattened" and "stretched" the Earth. Which can certainly mean alot of things, rather than a flat piece of land which most people think it would mean.
i am not Islamic and i don't analyse the quran so all i can say is based on what some shouyoukh (don't know the eng word)says and what i can understand of it based on the objective meaning of the word so sorry if i sad something offensive
May 23, 2017 10:01 AM

Jan 2017
Ikaros_42oh said:
I wish the earth were flat because then it'd be 2D and then my waifu would be real RIGHT????????!!!
this is smartest thing sad on this thread until now
May 23, 2017 11:24 AM

May 2015
I can't wait for some sociological/psychological research on these people. They're fascinating.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 23, 2017 11:30 AM

Apr 2015
Ikaros_42oh said:

This is the best thing I've read all day.

Don't worry, the Flat-Earth thing is a fad, and will pass away once the upper portions of society are able to take rocket/jet hybrids into a semi-orbital trajectory, enabling them to look down and document the curvature of the earth with their smartphones, because obviously NASA is a giant lie.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
May 23, 2017 11:44 AM

Feb 2015
Ohhh... as far as I know Earth isn't flat, it is more like μ's pattern or something... :/
May 23, 2017 11:55 AM

Jun 2015
inb4 #flatisjustice

#chrlimentry
May 23, 2017 11:56 AM

May 2015
yes. it is indeed as flat as your waifu's chest
May 23, 2017 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
NudeBear said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
I can't wait for some sociological/psychological research on these people. They're fascinating.

Research on religious people already exist.

It's not religion that is the problem, it's every other religion besides Christianity. There is some sense still in the works of other religions, but Christianity is the objective one.

As a scientist who I am led to believe is atheist you will probably want to contradict me, but I would try to ask you to see the sense in what I'm saying here from all my other posts.

If you can't accept my claim, just leave it at that. It's not something I wish to debate.
May 23, 2017 12:20 PM
Feb 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:

I think they are normal people who like to believe conspiracy theories that make them feel better about themselves and their role in the society.
May 23, 2017 12:31 PM

Jun 2015
You'd be surprised how fun it is to make ridiculous claims and convince people you really believe it.

Most people don't believe it, of course.

There are real flat earthers though. My grandmother was one.
She also believed we didn't land on the moon, saying things like "Well.. that's what they say..." and shrugging.
She also didn't believe in going to the doctor so rip.

My point is there are dumb people.

May 23, 2017 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
NudeBear said:

You don't have to subscribe to a religion to be religious.
yeh look at atheists

30sowahts????
May 23, 2017 1:06 PM
Feb 2014
JustaBrer said:
There is some sense still in the works of other religions, but Christianity is the objective one.

I don't think it is objective even if it is more objective than some of the others.
May 23, 2017 1:12 PM

May 2013
Feel like they are probably joking around. Nobody thinks the earth is flat >_>
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 23, 2017 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
*Clears throat*

No, Earth actually looks like this.

May 23, 2017 2:27 PM

May 2017
If the earth was round wouldn't all of the water flow to the bottom?

In all seriousness, the earth is shaped like this

May 23, 2017 2:52 PM

Sep 2007
Everyone knows the Earth is flat because that's the way it is on your computer screen. What now, atheists?
Nek0May 23, 2017 3:09 PM

May 23, 2017 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
If this didn't happen

Then where are all the millions of bones from the Dinosaurs that died?

Checkmate Globalist Scum.
May 23, 2017 3:10 PM

Jul 2015
Maneki-Mew said:

thats the funniest thing ive seen all day
Galaxy__May 23, 2017 11:33 PM
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
May 23, 2017 3:11 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I mean flat is justice after all so..

I support this movement
May 23, 2017 3:22 PM

Jan 2015
What? I thought this was just a meme. Do people actually believe this?
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

May 23, 2017 3:27 PM

Dec 2016
If the Earth was flat, then Cats everywhere would be pushing crap off the edge.

*Joke* borrowed from Reddit...
May 23, 2017 3:34 PM

Jan 2016
UAC_DeltaCompany said:
What? I thought this was just a meme. Do people actually believe this?

Same here, I'd like to see one of those people write an essay arguing why they beleive that
May 23, 2017 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
UAC_DeltaCompany said:
Do people actually believe this?
Shaquille O'Neal believes it.

May 23, 2017 3:48 PM

Dec 2015
People usually rationalize flat earth by saying we've never personally seen the earth from space so we can't say we know for sure that it's not flat.

But considering only that point wouldn't the stance that follows be that you don't know what the earth looks like rather than it's automatically flat?
I don't get it.
Eh.
May 23, 2017 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Galaxy__ said:
Maneki-Mew said:

thats the funniest thing ive seen all til

I laughed so hard at this, so I had to post it. :D

Cbr_Star said:
If the Earth was flat, then Cats everywhere would be pushing crap off the edge.
*Joke* borrowed from Reddit...

That's hilarious, because it would be so true. Imagine a flat earth fantasy with thousands of cats at the end of the world pushing your glasses off the edge into the universe.
removed-userMay 23, 2017 4:01 PM
May 24, 2017 1:48 AM
Feb 2014
lupadim and KaceSpace are MAL's most notorious flat-earthers but other than that idk anyone.
May 24, 2017 2:56 AM

Mar 2008
The earth is not flat or a perfect sphere, it actually is a more of a blob shape if you exclude the water. It's sort of off centre of gravity which is why it wobbles iirc. If you include the water and overlook small differences in surface it's a squished sphere shape where it bulges out at the equator.

Rasheed said:

I don't know it seems to be pretty clear when looking at the arabic words used and their more specific meanings.Plus when you combine how the heavens were described as a "building" it's even more clear. For it to be a spherical earth the heavens would have to be descried as encapsulating the earth or the earth being inside of it, not simply the heavens being above the earth. Also it was known a common belief for the area during that time that the world was flat.

This goes pretty in depth and provides sources.
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Flat_Earth_and_the_Quran

May 24, 2017 3:09 AM

Jan 2017
If the earth isn't flat, explain why this makes sense

May 24, 2017 3:18 AM

May 2014
So many idiots here.

The Earth is clearly a donut.

"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 24, 2017 4:00 AM

Aug 2012
traed said:

Rasheed said:

Plus when you combine how the heavens were described as a "building" it's even more clear. For it to be a spherical earth the heavens would have to be descried as encapsulating the earth or the earth being inside of it, not simply the heavens being above the earth. Also it was known a common belief for the area during that time that the world was flat.

This goes pretty in depth and provides sources.
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Flat_Earth_and_the_Quran

I don't think the Quran eve mentioned the sky to be the heaven. It is said that heaven is "above" the Earth, and thus farther than the sky. Basically, saying the Earth is in 'heaven' or heaven is surrounding it will make people think "Since we're already in heaven, why should we care about going to heaven?". It was also a way of God showing his distinctness himself from Earth. Since God himself stays in heaven, and not Earth, therefore Earth cannot be in, or encompassed by heaven.
May 24, 2017 11:13 AM

May 2015
narutobirama said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I think they are normal people who like to believe conspiracy theories that make them feel better about themselves and their role in the society.

Do people who believe in conspiracy theories want to feel good about themselves? I don't know. There seems to be something deeper there.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 24, 2017 12:22 PM
Feb 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
narutobirama said:

Do people who believe in conspiracy theories want to feel good about themselves? I don't know. There seems to be something deeper there.

From what I noticed conspiracy theories allow you to "know" things. This "knowledge" makes you special, a person of importance or even a hero, one of the rare few who have the knowledge that can save the ignorant people from the evil overlords who are ruling this world. One thing you will notice, is that almost every conspiracy theory has the evil overlords clearly defined, usually as a group or some organization, who holds all the power in its hands.

Another important thing is that once their beliefs start to seem less likely to be true, the cognitive dissonance kicks in, and these people actually have to become more active to maintain the idea of the conspiracy, that is when they start to be more aggressive or cause problems for other people.
May 24, 2017 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Naw, I did all the research on this, dedicating my life to knowing and telling the world around me the truth of what the Earth actually is...

It's a giant time bomb, designated and designed to blow up at the appointed time, which would constitute the world's End.

Basically everything will be wiped out with one ginormous fucking explosion of grape jelly! That's right!! You heard it right!! The center of the Earth is not a core of fire like we've been told, it's a sludgy abyss of hot-cooling jelly spread!
May 24, 2017 1:31 PM

Jan 2008
The earth must be round because we all know Hitler escaped to Shamballa in the Hollow Earth through the south pole in submarines/UFOs.

Checkmate flat earthers.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

24 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

21 by _Nette_ »»
4 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
43 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

31 by Kushna »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

28 by hypergoob »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.