Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 6 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 20, 2017 10:08 AM
Nov 2016
I don't get why everyone was all so depressed...
There's lots of cool unique lore in the anime, but...it doesn't feel like anything really important has happened much. Plot progression is little, and none of the cool lore is really focused that much. Nothing of THAT significance seems to be happening.
Maybe my opinion here is a result of watching weekly, since my memory sucks.
May 20, 2017 4:32 PM
Apr 2017
[quote=Nuckel-Cell]
Davsocr7 said:
Next episode must very good n nice song

YES it's f*cking Butter 🍰 Time, finally, I can't wait.hahaha ,what do you think about this anime ??
May 20, 2017 11:45 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! This just keeps getting better...and as well as preparing for the tragic worst...TSK!
5/5.

EDIT: very good insert song as well on the end part.

May 21, 2017 2:48 AM

Feb 2011
[quote=Davsocr7]
Nuckel-Cell said:
Davsocr7 said:
Next episode must very good n nice song

YES it's f*cking Butter 🍰 Time, finally, I can't wait.hahaha ,what do you think about this anime ??

Well, I think it's good. A few thinks are better than the novel. A few thinks not, but who cares.xD
May 21, 2017 5:02 AM

Dec 2013
That ending was really nice.

May 21, 2017 8:40 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was great, it made me feel a bit emotional. It's really tragic what they're doing with all the fairies.
May 22, 2017 4:37 AM

Jun 2016
This was a very good one. The imagery and design of the "mind world" was really cool.

I guess Souwong and Mr. Skull will be handled as villains. What I like about them, is that I totally understand their motives.

I wonder what price Ithea was talking about...
May 23, 2017 10:07 PM

Mar 2016
Good finally some meaningful plot development as we get more background on how the events of the past connect to the present events and we learn more about the fairies. I thought that was a very touching ending to the episode and I was glad to see Chtholly overcome her struggles with the memories of her past life in order to get back home to Willem
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 4, 2017 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
So those are the ones creating the fairies! That is sad, they get lost souls of kids, they are mean, and they are the ones that created the monsters for sure...
I was so so glad when Chtholly woke up in the end!
Jun 4, 2017 6:18 PM

Apr 2015
Thats a pretty fucked up plan tbh. Ressurecting ghosts into fairies and let them battle to death...
Jun 7, 2017 8:47 AM
Nov 2016
Orange said:
And that's the end of the second volume.
I like how they animated the last scene more, compared to the LN. There's also another insert song from TRUE.

What title for insert song in this episode? I'm curious because it's very good for me (sorry for bad english before)
Jun 7, 2017 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
@Newbie08 Kinema (キネマ) by TRUE
Jun 7, 2017 10:35 AM
Nov 2016
Orange said:
@Newbie08 Kinema (キネマ) by TRUE

Thank you very much ^^
Jun 9, 2017 2:33 AM
Mar 2014
That ending was really good.
Jun 11, 2017 10:05 AM
Jun 2016
Still have no idea that this show is not popular here yet, it has so much feels and the worlds and artstyle are interesting. To me, it's the Best non-sequel anime of spring after Quan Shi Gao Shou.
Jun 19, 2017 4:13 AM

Jun 2014
It's a shame this show is adapted from a stupid shitty light novel, you can really see it, this could've been something really interesting otherwise, because of the intriguing setting.
:3
Jun 22, 2017 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
It was overall OK episode. Gave us some important ideas that why this anime is sad and contained some overdramatic stuff.

BTW, why isnt this romance genre tagged? It sure fits well!
Jun 25, 2017 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
Damn what a beautiful episode!
Jun 27, 2017 9:21 PM

May 2012
Things sure are going to the more supernatural side now. The pacing is still a bit on the weak side. But I did find that ending very interesting and promising! Looking forward to see what's next.
Aug 12, 2017 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
Honestly it's nice that Chtholly is back and all, but how much longer does she truly have? It may have been the best for everyone if she had just stayed dead rather than get everyone happy, just to then lose her again in the future
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 29, 2017 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
Teenager acting grandpa was cute.

They really use some easy foreshadowing, don't they.

The hallucinations should have been good as I usually like those kinds of scenes but for some reason it didn't work that well this time.
Oct 13, 2017 12:05 AM

Jun 2009
Oh man, what an emotional revival. I mean she was out for almost a whole...um...quarter of an episode!
grandy_UiDOct 13, 2017 12:12 AM
Sep 2, 2018 11:17 PM
Jun 2017
Not how I envisioned Willem and Eboncandle meeting again but interesting enough.
Dec 8, 2018 10:48 PM

Nov 2013
Lol that beast Willem defeated is nothing more than a silly skull now.

Man, Suwong used to be one cute shota. 500 years really took its toll.

So the fairies were spirits of dead children that were given a second life. Even worse, their short lives will come to an end when they lose their sanity from remembering their previous lives. For how cutesy this anime looks, shit is super super fucked.

I wonder what it was Suwong was going to tell Willem about the beasts. The plot thickens...

Poor Chtholly got mind raped. Those visions were pretty terrifying.

That dream sequence with Chtholly and Elq was trippy af. Me like.

The hug scene after Chtholly awoke felt a bit melodramatic, but whatever.

Heavy episode, probably the best one so far. 8.5/10

I hope we get more dark and plot-centric episodes like this. Watching lolis running around doing cute things gets old really fast...
FunnyRatmanDec 8, 2018 10:55 PM

Jan 25, 2019 2:05 AM

May 2009
Tsundere old man was needed in this anime, glad they added one.

Having Willem's 500 year old rival show up as a comic relief talking head was kind of anti-climatic. I thought they would have an epic rematch

Magus self-aware of this series excessive need to slap Willem's face.

Chtholly tripping balls all the way to candy mountain was pretty cool. I wonder if Elq is the red hair from the very beginning of the series? I'll have to go back to ep 1 to confirm, but idk if the red hair from ep 1 is the same red hair that was hanging out with Willem and Magus.

With Brony mentioning that Chtholly's "memories from her previous life are disintegrating her mind" I think everyone can take a hint at where they're going with all this.

Also now I finally understand why Chtholly was making a big deal about Willem hanging back with his old bois. I still don't get why she couldn't be like yo willem I'mma RIP soon so can we hang out for a while before you go meet your peep.

Neko making awkwardly accurate assumption about how Chtholly woke from candy mountain is a little bit cringy.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Aug 7, 2019 6:08 PM

Aug 2014
Nice story, good background, some psycho horror like things, this is really good anime.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 21, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2015
What a reunion...with talking skull.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 27, 2020 1:24 AM

Feb 2014
From the OP I thought Souwong was gonna be a new bad guy but I guess he's just an old friend lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2021 9:21 AM

Sep 2017
I just can't find myself invested in their romance. It's not development enough for me to care. She was basically swooning over him 5 mins into ep one after he caught her from that fall and they derped around town for a bit. Dude like trained her how to fight (tho I assume that was mostly all off screen and wasnt just the one time) and was a decent person to her in general. That's it. Willem is pretty much like "you remind me of that one girl because of cake so now I'm attached" I guess. I mean yeah there are parallels between what he went through and what is happening now, but this romance is just not working for me.
Mar 29, 2022 4:37 AM

Apr 2020
Well that was a very good episode. Villem did not like what he heard from his old enemy and old friend, since his heart is now attached to the fairies. And after hearing Ctyholly going insane, it only goes to show that even if the surface will be restored thanks to his help, the price is the family he has helped and loved.

So Elq, I guess this is her past incarnation. I'm guessing Elq is born from a rich family, lives in a mansion, and has a fascination for books. The way she is losing herself is giving me Zero Two vibes, but Villem just being there has helped stabilize her mind and feelings. For now, a hiccup has been resolved.
Oct 5, 2022 10:25 AM

Jan 2020
So, we're finally getting some worldbuilding and explanation. That being said, I think this series is suffering a bit from pacing issues. I'm not sure how many books were adapted into this one season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do multiple volumes.

When I looked it up, it said the 12 episodes adapted 3 volumes. To me that seems like a lot. Though, I've read a few things now that seem to praise the pacing of this anime, even going so far as to say that no significant content was cut. That being said, I am reading that some things were "rearranged" and "shortened" for time. Maybe that's why some parts feel wonkier than others?

Even this segment; Chtholly passed out, went into a coma, and woke up all in the span of like 5-10 minutes. So, the impact is sort of lost on me.

For the most part, I find myself wanting to like this show more, but having a hard time really digging into it.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 25, 2023 1:06 PM

Aug 2019
okay that was quite emotional but i feel like the execution of this whole show could be better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2023 7:05 AM

Oct 2022
Gosh damn, the feels, also the world building is great, you learn something new and more about what's going on in this world and everyone with it. It's like we're the MC, makes for good story telling
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

460 by -ODA- »»
Apr 26, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.