Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 15, 2017 10:20 PM
Nov 2010
I'll just say that Ye Xiu has his goals for his actions, including the thing about Su Mucheng. They'll be revealed in due time. I don't know them, but I have a rough idea of what they are, and there are implications of that in the very 1st episode, just that they aren't clear (I have not read the novel). However, because those speculations are possible spoilers, I won't say anything. Just enjoy the show for now. Eventually, things will reveal themselves, and these things will likely only be revealed in one of the climaxes of this anime (either near the end of this season or sometime after this season because there's still a long way to go, and this anime is planned for at least 3 seasons).
eplipswichMay 15, 2017 10:23 PM
May 15, 2017 11:45 PM
May 2017
lollideath said:
The Yingjie & Yifan part does make me(a fujoshi) wonder if they're a couple...

Here you are^_^

https://youtu.be/Z1SZlmCZp94

The fan made character song and MV to Yifan, I love it!
May 16, 2017 12:51 AM
Apr 2017
shinnnne said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Right! It seems you almost understood.

Now ... You should think about your argumentation ... and then think about the discussion in the beginning of episode 7. It could have been something like :
Shao Tian :" No matter what, you should have tried to transfer to another team!"
Ye Xiu : "I couldn't transfer because, nobody would have taken me, it would have cost too much and they wouldn't have necessarily won with me"

easy, isn't it? makes sense somewhat.

But then ...

what did we actually get in episode 7 ?
That :
Shao Tian :" No matter what, you should have tried to transfer to another team!"
Ye Xiu : "If I transferred team, what about Muchang?"

See? There's a huge difference in the logic/reasoning and overall meaning.

All your arguments were thrown out of the window by the guy who wrote the dialogs. Great, isn't it? It's not me, it's the guy who wrote that all.

To finish, Muchang being described as the little dog that must follow big bro Ye Xiu at all cost even if it means going into retirement for a year, is for me a weak idea, it's possible, sure, it's anime, women are irrational and overly devoted to Male MC after all but it is still weak and that's what we've got. Nothing of all your better sounding arguments.

He could transfer. He didn't.
Why? Because Muchang.

Yeah, sure!

By the way

second point I already answered this one but you brought it back, so my answer again :

I'm trying to cover everything, that's why I kept saying if... Ok, now you point out what I didn't say just because I didn't what to spoiler you too much.

Firstly, Mu Cheng. Mu Cheng is his best friend, he care about Mu Cheng because she is his best friend, not because she is female. If he transferred, he doesn't mind his fame drops, but he want to protect Mu Cheng away from that situation. It doesn't matter Mu Cheng is a girl or not, he just want to protect his friend. Then goes to the thought of Mu Cheng. Yes, Mu Cheng is that kind of girl, who want to follow MC, and who, in MC's eye, maybe will hurt from this kind of situation. But there is also other kind of girls, such as Tang Rou, who want to defeat MC, and doesn't care fame at all.
If you don't like Mu Cheng, then pay attention to Tang Rou if you like.

Then go back to this episode. You want MC to answer like this? Do you think MC will take this reason as the main reason why he does not want to transfer? This just the problem he will face, but he never afraid to face that kind of problems. See, he is now trying to go back to the top with a new team, this is even more difficult than transfer to another team.
Yes I said above that it is hard for him to transfer, but it is not the main reason for MC himself. I just want to cover everything, and this problem is a real deal. But in MC's mind, the main reason is Mu Cheng. He doesn't afraid of his dark future at all, he doesn't want Mu Cheng to fall in that dark future. Why he care Mu Cheng so much? I don't want to say that. It is the most important spoiler here.

Ok. Let's talk about EE.

Anyway, sorry for the spoiler. I just want to answer your question, I don't want to make any angry conversations.

further explanation is unnecessary i think...that guy is devoid of common sense about that..

Thinking about what happened to LeBron James in 2010, it is easy to understand what your say : )

But i feel there is another reason.
if Mucheng transfers she may lose her character which is very important for both MC and Mucheng.
you know what I mean ^_^
ycchen226May 16, 2017 1:04 AM
May 16, 2017 2:58 AM
Apr 2017
ycchen226 said:
shinnnne said:

I'm trying to cover everything, that's why I kept saying if... Ok, now you point out what I didn't say just because I didn't what to spoiler you too much.

Firstly, Mu Cheng. Mu Cheng is his best friend, he care about Mu Cheng because she is his best friend, not because she is female. If he transferred, he doesn't mind his fame drops, but he want to protect Mu Cheng away from that situation. It doesn't matter Mu Cheng is a girl or not, he just want to protect his friend. Then goes to the thought of Mu Cheng. Yes, Mu Cheng is that kind of girl, who want to follow MC, and who, in MC's eye, maybe will hurt from this kind of situation. But there is also other kind of girls, such as Tang Rou, who want to defeat MC, and doesn't care fame at all.
If you don't like Mu Cheng, then pay attention to Tang Rou if you like.

Then go back to this episode. You want MC to answer like this? Do you think MC will take this reason as the main reason why he does not want to transfer? This just the problem he will face, but he never afraid to face that kind of problems. See, he is now trying to go back to the top with a new team, this is even more difficult than transfer to another team.
Yes I said above that it is hard for him to transfer, but it is not the main reason for MC himself. I just want to cover everything, and this problem is a real deal. But in MC's mind, the main reason is Mu Cheng. He doesn't afraid of his dark future at all, he doesn't want Mu Cheng to fall in that dark future. Why he care Mu Cheng so much? I don't want to say that. It is the most important spoiler here.

Ok. Let's talk about EE.

Anyway, sorry for the spoiler. I just want to answer your question, I don't want to make any angry conversations.

further explanation is unnecessary i think...that guy is devoid of common sense about that..

Thinking about what happened to LeBron James in 2010, it is easy to understand what your say : )

But i feel there is another reason.
if Mucheng transfers she may lose her character which is very important for both MC and Mucheng.
you know what I mean ^_^

OMG you are right!!!

And this was probably one of the major factor why YeXiu choose to let MuCheng stay in EE. Thank you for this legit theory that never really come across my mind
May 16, 2017 3:38 AM

Oct 2015
That was a good one! Battles get better and better with each ep, and I liked the soundtrack used during the last fight. And wow that Jiexi found him out! Even called him the Greatest Boss. Ye Xiu really is awesome.

Until episode 6 I was just... watching this series without paying much attention but ever since Shaotian appeared I started liking this a lot. And now I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to see the other characters!

And only 12 episodes??? Nooooooo. Things are just getting started! I hope they decide on a new season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2017 10:12 AM

Apr 2016
ixedae said:
Translator for ep 7 here. Let me clear up some misunderstandings about the scene between Ye Xiu and Huang Shaotian.

Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Now ... You should think about your argumentation ... and then think about the discussion in the beginning of episode 7. It could have been something like :
Ye Xiu : "I couldn't transfer because, nobody would have taken me, it would have cost too much and they wouldn't have necessarily won with me"

easy, isn't it? makes sense somewhat.

But then ...

what did we actually get in episode 7 ?
That :

See? There's a huge difference in the logic/reasoning and overall meaning.

All your arguments were thrown out of the window by the guy who wrote the dialogs. Great, isn't it? It's not me, it's the guy who wrote that dialog.

This is incorrect. I'll go line-by-line and explain what's going on (my personal reading):

Huang Shaotian: No matter what, you should have tried transferring to another team!

The keyword here is 'try'. Shaotian knows, as well as Ye Xiu does, that there's a very, very low chance of it happening, but nothing's impossible, right? That's the tone of this line.

the problem is, you forgot the second line :

What is the meaning of this second line IN THIS CONTEXT.

Apparently it seems too hard to understand for some people here, true it's a bit subtle. Well actually, when someone ask why you didn't do something, you give first the main reason ... which is here "Muchang", ... which means there weren't very low chance to transfer since it would have been then the main reason. Indeed why bother bring Muchang in the conversation, if anyway, Muchang or not, there are "very very low chances".

Understood? yeeemaybenot!

Furthermore, Shao Tian is a professional player, a good one at that, so I bet he has little knowledge of what can be and what can't be in this world. So now come the question for the funny people here still in denial, why did he even bring the possibility of transfer in the conversation if "there are very very low chances"?
Simple multiple choice answers :
_1_ he is a retard
OOOOOR
_ 2 _ he is a pro and knows better than you and you have no clue.

I'll help you all. The right answer is 2 of course :)

And finally the last part, which is the most complicated and don't bother try to understand, I've already noticed it's too high up there for some of the fanboys here :

IF there are other better reasons than Muchang to stop Ye Xiu from transferring (and yes there are some indeed, you can list them all again, thank you all) it contradicts the writing of this conversation (that's only true if you understood what I wrote above, ouch! it's hopeless!),
and
IF there is no better reason than Muchang not to transfer, it contradicts the fact there are other better reasons stated somewhere else in the novel or stated by the fanboys here (thank you for destroying the author's logic! you aren't the fanboys he deserves)

That's what we call a flaw, ... except if you take Muchang characterization at face value, uuurgh! which is ... face palm level? so also a flaw somehow, but why not, it's anime, isn't it? And why all this in the end, Why did the author bring Muchang in the balance?

To find reasons to put the MC at the bottom of the glory world no matter what (transfer? what? forget it!) and strengthen in the same time the reciprocated devotion between Ye Xiu and Muchang. Good purpose, that's true, but a bit surprising somehow from a professional point of view, but eyh! It's anime.

If someone didn't understand what I wrote, no worry! I knew it already.
Maybe I didn't understand it either. I'm a troll after all, ... or not.
Ysad_ZiwezhanMay 16, 2017 10:27 AM
May 16, 2017 9:41 PM
Jul 2013
Hahaha those pro's ended up looking like noobs against the MC
May 17, 2017 4:50 PM

Dec 2016
kramXD said:
Hahaha those pro's ended up looking like noobs against the MC

Yeah u better prepare for next week's episode it's gonna get worse ^^
May 20, 2017 10:17 AM

Mar 2016
Another great episode! This anime is one of the best of the season!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 24, 2017 5:12 PM
Apr 2016
I'm glad the quality is back up. No reusing scenes (like in eps 2/3).
May 27, 2017 8:17 PM

Feb 2013
Another exciting episode. Still loving the action in this. Poor team of noobs is getting wrek'd.
May 28, 2017 12:41 AM

Jan 2013
Nice to see more of the PC screen during gameplay. Wonder what year this takes place in, If the fight scenes aren't dramatically stylized, this looks like a very mechanically complex game with amazing character animation
Jun 15, 2017 12:20 AM

Apr 2009
Woah he's considered as an in-game boss by one of the top 5 players! Sweet badassery follows.

There's already tons of McDonalds in-universe ads, an actual endorsement of what I assume to be a McDonald's real life product by one of the characters doesnt seem far-fetched but I could wrong. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 20, 2017 3:12 AM

Dec 2015
That McDonald's sponsorship tho...
~
Jul 10, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2012
A bit of a weaker episode in my opinion, but still pretty lovely! Let's see what's next.
Jul 22, 2017 9:33 PM

Jun 2013
Huang Shaotan looks exactly like his avatar in real life. He also talks nonstop and it gets annoying. But dayuuum, Asuna be looking fine.

Ye Xiu telling Shaotan to pay up for playing with him lol

I noticed they're using ordinary keyboards with the English alphabet. I wonder how they're able to type in Chinese? It's pretty cool.

That guy playing the blonde wizard/warlock was kinda cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) So his name is Wang Jiexi and he looks cute even with his uneven eyes LOL

Honestly, some of these players are so cocky but then again I'm sure there are plenty of them in real life.

They figured out his real identity: Ye Qiu.

That Micky D's advertisement at the end killed me. XD
臭い-
Jul 25, 2017 10:25 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at this guy.
Oh shit. He's thinking about Mucheng.
Mucheng humming and skipping so happily is perfection.
You don't question my qi zi.
My qi zi is stuck in that hell for 1 1/2 more years? WTF!
Ye Xiu going in for the handsha... LMAO he violated him.
We got a stalker.
LMAO at laxative.
You don't fuck with Lord Grim and get away with it.
Oh shit! They're sending more pk'ers on Lord Grim.
Lord Grim is just owning them. LMAO
Hold up. More players are joining this beatdown.

Lord Grim: Three of you's not enough? You're coming with a whole gang?
Me: LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm screaming!

LMFAO! Lord Grim is now the boss. The greatest boss in the history of Glory!
Oh shit. They know his identity.
McDonalds. LMAO

Amazing episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 5, 2017 7:04 PM

Sep 2011
Funny how they went with the lighthearted ending rather than the badass ending.
Feb 18, 2018 2:58 PM

Sep 2013
Yeah, I'm getting kind of tired of seeing him thrash a bunch of random guilds. He's clearly defined as the best player. Are they ever going to give him an actual challenge? There's no suspense here at all. Every fight he goes in to, you already know he's not only going to win, but he's going to win easy.

I wish they'd focus more on the player and his relations outside the game and less on the pvp stuff.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 14, 2018 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
All about PK-ing now, huh?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 29, 2019 6:46 PM

Aug 2017
So, Wang Jiexi knows that Lord Grim is Ye Xiu. Now, I know why he choose to terminate his contract with his original company
NurguburuJan 29, 2019 6:50 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 11, 2019 4:09 PM

Mar 2016
Another new record goes to Lord Grim and his party!
Speaking about the party, as I commented in the last ep, he could probably start his own pro-e-sport team, but couldn't. Well, the reason was simple, Mucheng still has a 1.5 years contract left. Only after she finished her contract can they finally start a team together, and that team will be absolutely OP af!

From fighting alone, both Ye Xiu & Wang Jiexi knew who each other was. The way Wang said the biggest/hardest boss in Glory's history is Lord Grim AKA Ye Qiu was cool!
I guess the time for the public revelation will come sooner or later, and I would hope for it to be soon.
Aug 25, 2019 1:58 AM

Mar 2012
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
L-Ryoshi said:

I was actually trying to be nice. Condescending and passive-aggressively arrogant would fit you more to be honest. There's no need to be an straight up asshole at someone for asking for clarification to something that they don't understand and expect others do, but I guess that's your standard setting. I asked because it didn't seem right to me. Just cause you find it normal in your everyday life doesn't make it so for other cultures. They never explained it in the show, ergo the question. What's so wrong with that?

Lay off with the unnecessary attitude, will ya. At least the other people above were being civil about it. Jesus this fan base.... you're just giving it a bad name.

You're reasoning wasn't totally wrong, Ye Xiu admitted himself in this episode he could have transferred to another team (this team probably would pay the contract breaking or transfer fee) and the only dubious reason he didn't do it : Mucheng ???

I also asked myself, like you : why not transfer then? if he could keep on being the best, wreck EE in the same time for the fun and after one and a half year Mucheng come along (if she's still good, no team would say no)? That was the logical story but with that there would be no "I start alone frome zero" plot.

The Mucheng excuse sounded to me like "the poor girl won't be able to breath if I'm far away playing in another team and she'll break her contract".
Well, whatever, in the anime world, best player in Glory history can't transfer team, doesn't sound realistic to me above all when it's mentioned it was possible but I'll have to deal with it!

to me, that actually sounded like he is the one who doesn't want to play without her and she's still on contract. so instead of staying as a training partner, which he find humiliating or not enough, or transferring to another team, which i think wouldn't in be the best interest for EE, he just quit for a year.
i haven't read the novel and just began reading the manga, but from what I got from this conversation, i don't think his decision was that illogical. staying in EE and not being able to play would have hurt his pride and wasn't what he wanted for himself. i don't think his team would give him the opportunity to transfer, because it's not interesting at all for them to play against him. they know how strong he is. but even if they did give him the option, he just don't wanna play against and without mu cheng. it's not her who wasn't gonna be able to breath without him, but something close to the other way around.
Feb 2, 2020 12:03 AM
Mar 2018
Toughest boss in the history of GLORY!! He deserves that title.
Mar 29, 2020 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
Wow new record is excellent.
Jun 11, 2020 8:00 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, yeah, Le Xiu is a pro, I already know.

May something interesting happens?
Jul 16, 2020 7:21 AM

May 2015
Mcdonald advert. at the end was so...gay.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 27, 2020 2:06 PM

May 2013
Lol Lord Grim best BOSS ofc xD
80% certainty is p good, considering nobody else put Ye Qiu and Ye Xiu together, lmfao X)

They should be honored to get destroyed by the strongest legend.

That hottie in the end thooooo~ so majestic~
Oct 25, 2020 6:17 AM
Mar 2018
ap1001 said:
louissnape said:
Wang Jiexi's debut is SO MUCH HYPE !!!

They did a pretty damn good job in this episode, eventhough they did skim through the pvp scene between Ye Xiu & Tiny Herb(Weicao) team members, but the way they introduce Wang Jiexi is actually more powerful than the novel imo. I somehow felt the anime!Wang is more badass and likable than he already did in the book.

Silly MCD ads is silly.
I really despite how they tease us Zhou Zekai yet purely use him to advertise their ice-cream. Plus from what i heard, that scene was suppose to be in after credit, they move it before ED since MCD believe ppl will ignore their ads if it was place after the ED. So instead of the epic Wang Jiexi, the episode end with that awkward ice-cream.//roll eye

Zhou ZeKai is definitely the Number 1 face of league, lol. Kind of bad they introduced him so early, he doesn't really get to play until the All-Star.

I like Zhou Zekai character, so the earlier the better for me. But I don't like his character design here. His character design in season 2 is much better, show his cute and innocent side.
Apr 7, 2021 12:08 PM

Feb 2008
Its not nice to not pay your trainer ;)
May 17, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2018
Pretty amazing PvP scenes, animation was well done.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 25, 2021 2:15 PM

Dec 2008
Imagine being so strong that you're considering as the hidden boss of the game
still not as strong as Maple tho

but yeah, get Ye Qiu some compensation for training your newbies smh
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.