Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 12, 2017 2:41 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, he got labelled as the toughest boss in GLORY.

One and a half years before we get to see him back in competitive play... wonder how many seasons that is going to be. He seems to have absolute trust in Mucheng.

I wonder where we'll go from here - To be honest I'm no longer as hyped as I was from when I was the initial episodes. I really wish we could see more character development + more direction in the story rather than seeing him demolish the top guilds who I don't really care about and confirming how OP he is every other episode.

Maybe I'm being too impatient because e-sports was the main factor I picked up this anime, I wanted to see team drama, portrayal of the life of pro gamers etc. reflective of the real e-sports environment but since episode 1 we never really had that unfortunately.

Huang Shaotian also asks the question I've been wanting to ask - if he's really so damn good, why the hell did Team Jia Shi drop him, especially considering from these episodes that he is still heads and tails above everyone? Is it because of the fact that he is toxic/doesn't get long with the team? (I can see that the current vice-captain really disliked him)
[EDIT: Nevermind, question was answered in the FAQ in the other thread in this sub-forum]
ShockedJun 18, 2017 9:42 PM
May 12, 2017 2:50 AM

Apr 2017
Nice PVP scenes. Nice introduction of those important characters. Wang Xi Jie is such a badass, Qiao Yi Fan and Gao Ying Jie are both very cute. The ep8 trailer looks awesome too, can't wait for next week, The God of Fight VS the Magician.
May 12, 2017 3:12 AM
Apr 2017
Hmm. For me, the original novel didn't get me "hyped". The stories around these pro players are what attracted me the most, and all the game stuff just help to aid their character developments and everything.

The donghua/animation does give a very "hyped" beginning, especially for new viewers. But you can see as the series goes, we are getting more and more into these characters rather than the fights. This one introduces the team captain of Team Tiny Herb, Wang Jiexi, and those guys who fought Ye Xiu in this episode are not from the guilds. They are actually trainees of the pro Team. Wang Jiexi figured out that Lord Grim is Ye Xiu, so he wants to use this chance to train their own members, since Ye Xiu is such a godly player, and these trainees doesn't get chances like this to compete with top players.
MoMoePomMay 12, 2017 3:19 AM
May 12, 2017 3:13 AM
Nov 2010
ClawViper said:
Maybe I'm being too impatient because e-sports was the main factor I picked up this anime, I wanted to see team drama, portrayal of the life of pro gamers etc. reflective of the real e-sports environment but since episode 1 we never really had that unfortunately.

We probably won't see that this season. Probably only when Ye Xiu is back in the esports competition, which is likely to be next season since this anime is planned to have 3 seasons in total (from what I've heard from the Chinese people). This season is just the buildup.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, so will edit things once I watched it. From the looks of it, it's going to be just as amazing :)
May 12, 2017 3:48 AM

Apr 2014
eplipswich said:
ClawViper said:

We probably won't see that this season. Probably only when Ye Xiu is back in the esports competition, which is likely to be next season since this anime is planned to have 3 seasons in total (from what I've heard from the Chinese people). This season is just the buildup.

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, so will edit things once I watched it. From the looks of it, it's going to be just as amazing :)

We are still very far from Ye Xiu getting back to the pro scene (unless they are rushing it like hell, pro scene isn't easy to get into), but you would get to see all the pro teams next season or this season in the All-Star.

Pros also tend to pop up here and there in the MMO, mostly to check up with Ye Xiu cause he is pretty important and their friend/pain in the ass.
ap1001May 12, 2017 3:54 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
May 12, 2017 3:55 AM

May 2013
ap1001 said:
eplipswich said:

We are still very far from Ye Xiu getting back to the pro scene (unless they are rushing it like hell, pro scene isn't easy to get into), but you would get to see all the pro teams next season or this season in the All-Star.

I hope we'll have All-star this season. Seeing how they rush all, it could be possible? I want see this time with YX animated. kekeke
May 12, 2017 4:00 AM
Apr 2017
Wang Jiexi's debut is SO MUCH HYPE !!!

They did a pretty damn good job in this episode, eventhough they did skim through the pvp scene between Ye Xiu & Tiny Herb(Weicao) team members, but the way they introduce Wang Jiexi is actually more powerful than the novel imo. I somehow felt the anime!Wang is more badass and likable than he already did in the book.

Silly MCD ads is silly.
I really despite how they tease us Zhou Zekai yet purely use him to advertise their ice-cream. Plus from what i heard, that scene was suppose to be in after credit, they move it before ED since MCD believe ppl will ignore their ads if it was place after the ED. So instead of the epic Wang Jiexi, the episode end with that awkward ice-cream.//roll eye

ps: My babies Qiao Yifan & Gao Yingjie are just too precious//sob
pss: Liu Xiaobie is a blond....WHY??????
louissnapeMay 12, 2017 4:20 AM
May 12, 2017 4:03 AM

Apr 2014
WaitingDB5K said:
ap1001 said:

I hope we'll have All-star this season. Seeing how they rush all, it could be possible? I want see this time with YX animated. kekeke

I don't think rushing all star is a good idea, it is pretty much the official first look into everyone in the the pro league and needs to be given multiple episodes for it to work. All-Star 24 also have some VERY important arcs relating to all of the other pros. I personally would at least gave it 6-8 episodes, so most likely they would butcher it.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
May 12, 2017 4:05 AM

Sep 2009
Uh, where'd y'all find the raw?
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 12, 2017 4:05 AM

Apr 2014
louissnape said:
Wang Jiexi's debut is SO MUCH HYPE !!!

They did a pretty damn good job in this episode, eventhough they did skim through the pvp scene between Ye Xiu & Tiny Herb(Weicao) team members, but the way they introduce Wang Jiexi is actually more powerful than the novel imo. I somehow felt the anime!Wang is more badass and likable than he already did in the book.

Silly MCD ads is silly.
I really despite how they tease us Zhou Zekai yet purely use him to advertise their ice-cream. Plus from what i heard, that scene was suppose to be in after credit, they move it before ED since MCD believe ppl will ignore their ads if it was place after the ED. So instead of the epic Wang Jiexi, the episode end with that awkward ice-cream.//roll eye

Zhou ZeKai is definitely the Number 1 face of league, lol. Kind of bad they introduced him so early, he doesn't really get to play until the All-Star.
May 12, 2017 4:11 AM
Apr 2017
MortalMelancholy said:

search 全职高手 in Bilibili.tv , vip needed
May 12, 2017 4:16 AM

May 2013
Just end the episode... Really sad that they change the way Tiny Herb and Ye Xiu met... That's really rushed >< Too much details forgot :s

Still happy to see Yifan. He is a such cutie. Too bad that his team doesn't see his potential and just bury him.

ap1001 said:
I don't think rushing all star is a good idea, it is pretty much the official first look into everyone in the the pro league and needs to be given multiple episodes for it to work. All-Star 24 also have some VERY important arcs relating to all of the other pros. I personally would at least gave it 6-8 episodes, so most likely they would butcher it.

I wish they don't rush it too... But they rushed so many thing that I wouln't be surprise. At the end, the best would be that people who came to love this anime go read the novel to really enjoy the story.
May 12, 2017 4:53 AM

Sep 2009
Decent fight scenes. Lots of McDonalds advertising; is McDonalds a thing in China now? Last time I checked it was all about dat KFC.
May 12, 2017 5:11 AM

Apr 2017
MortalMelancholy said:
Decent fight scenes. Lots of McDonalds advertising; is McDonalds a thing in China now? Last time I checked it was all about dat KFC.

KFC dominates the Chinese fast food market, that why McDonalds is so desperate.
May 12, 2017 5:14 AM

Sep 2009
Kevin_Lyf said:
MortalMelancholy said:

KFC dominates the Chinese fast food market, that why McDonalds is so desperate.

Ah, kinda figured. That was some pretty blatant advertising; probably paid some big $ (rather, RMB) for it.
May 12, 2017 6:40 AM
Nov 2010
Just watched the raw, and the thing about 1.5 years is not 1.5 years before Ye Xiu can get back into the competition scene, but rather that Su Mucheng's contract with Excellent Era still has 1.5 more years left, though Huang Shaotian asked Ye Xiu if he's willing to wait for her that long. That might change though, so who knows? Still, nice conversation between Huang Shaotian and Ye Xiu, and Ye Xiu being savage towards Shaotian at the end haha. Too bad the Boneyard clear record is skipped, but I'm fine with that.

Now, the whole Herb Garden competitive team is targeting Ye Xiu, and Ye Xiu's been labelled the greatest boss in history haha. And the leader of the team pretty much figured Ye Xiu's identity. We also learn a bit more of the skills the players use, and for Ye Xiu to handle 3 people, he's way too OP lol.

And I guess the guy at the end is a legendary gunner. Way to use McDonald's as a sponsor for an esports professional haha.

This episode really flew by, btw. It already ended before I knew it.
eplipswichMay 12, 2017 7:47 PM
May 12, 2017 6:54 AM
May 2017
feel bad when u guys described wang jiexi as a badass.to me, there s no such a bad person in this novel (ok maybe liu hao s the only one). even the boss of jia shi s not that bad, (as a business man he had to make bad decisions)
May 12, 2017 7:02 AM
Nov 2010
JJo_O said:
feel bad when u guys described wang jiexi as a badass.to me, there s no such a bad person in this novel (ok maybe liu hao s the only one). even the boss of jia shi s not that bad, (as a business man he had to make bad decisions)

Um, badass is actually a good word. Badass means he's damn pro, cool, awesome etc. You can google its meaning.
May 12, 2017 7:05 AM
May 2017
eplipswich said:
JJo_O said:

Um, badass is actually a good word. Badass means he's damn pro, cool etc. You can google its meaning.

thx~ thought u guys mean he was doing sth bad to ye xiu =P srry about that!
May 12, 2017 7:18 AM
Apr 2017
Really good episode

When I see the preview of episode 8,I found that they made a big change to the story of the novel .It makes me a little worried,Look at what will happen next week
May 12, 2017 7:36 AM
Apr 2017
just gonna randomly drop this PPAP!Zhou Zekai over here becuz reason
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av10498428/
May 12, 2017 7:40 AM

Oct 2016
Haha a player gets labeled a party boss? Now he has an entire guild after him apart from relentless farming. Wonder how he's gonna manage his weapon upgrades.
May 12, 2017 9:03 AM
May 2017
ClawViper said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I wonder where we'll go from here - To be honest I'm no longer as hyped as I was from when I was the initial episodes. I really wish we could see more character development + more direction in the story rather than seeing him demolish the top guilds who I don't really care about and confirming how OP he is every other episode.

I like this episode because of that. This episode explains much more about the pro teams(Tiny Herb), the decision of Ye retiring, the relationship between the pro players(Ye&shaotian, Wang Jiexi, Su Mucheng, Yifan&Yingjie, the tiny herb team), and does well in explaining the in-game play so it feels less vr like. I am really satisfied!
May 12, 2017 9:04 AM
May 2017
The Yingjie & Yifan part does make me(a fujoshi) wonder if they're a couple...
May 12, 2017 9:55 AM
Apr 2017
MortalMelancholy said:

I watched it on dailymotion.
May 12, 2017 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
Qiao Yifan is so damn precious! Wang jiexi is pretty cool! Can't wait for the all star event but at the same time I don't want them to rush even more. Kinda cringing at the Macdo ad in there'd there. Completely ruins the atmosphere... Zhou zekai is hot though
May 12, 2017 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
Episode 8 trailer:

Question to Novel readers: How many chapters did they jump since people have mentioned that the meeting with steamed bun shouldn't be happening now?
TyrelMay 12, 2017 4:28 PM
May 12, 2017 8:11 PM

Apr 2014
Tyrel said:
Episode 8 trailer:

Question to Novel readers: How many chapters did they jump since people have mentioned that the meeting with steamed bun shouldn't be happening now?

Probably they are rewriting the story so that Steam Bun shows up early and not change any other factors. Originally Steam Bun shows up during chapter 600, where YX's team is assembled and everyone meet up at Happy Internet Cafe in preparation for the Revival Tournament.

Probably not going to change much, unless they are bringing Steam Bun along for All-Star 24, which is the only problem posing for this rewrite.
May 12, 2017 10:35 PM
Apr 2017
o_Ohahahaha,wang jiexi
May 13, 2017 2:19 AM
Apr 2017
This is my favorite episode except 1so far.
May 13, 2017 2:40 AM
May 2017
anyone got the link to the english sub?
May 13, 2017 3:40 AM
Apr 2017
ap1001 said:
Tyrel said:
Episode 8 trailer:

Probably they are rewriting the story so that Steam Bun shows up early and not change any other factors. Originally Steam Bun shows up during chapter 600, where YX's team is assembled and everyone meet up at Happy Internet Cafe in preparation for the Revival Tournament.

Probably not going to change much, unless they are bringing Steam Bun along for All-Star 24, which is the only problem posing for this rewrite.

i mean you kinda saw sun xiang confronting him and them showing up on the same battlefield .. maybe next episode is going to be the first test run

Mod Edit: Don't link illegal material
TyrelMay 13, 2017 2:57 PM
May 13, 2017 4:55 AM
May 2017
Tyrel said:
Episode 8 trailer:

Probably the author of this novel wants to change this. Cause in the original novel, when the steamed bun showed in real world, the author mentioned that he totally forgot steam bun who should come to the net coffee and meet mc in person much more earlier.
So this time, in the anime, maybe he wants to fix it.

May 13, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
The PVP scenes were great. Ye Xiu got labelled as the toughest boss of Glory. Wang Jiexi and his team are after him.
May 13, 2017 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
sooooooooooooooooooooo good
all the pros gonna invade the newest server
May 13, 2017 9:36 AM

Sep 2016
ClawViper said:
To be honest I'm no longer as hyped as I was from when I was the initial episodes. I really wish we could see more character development + more direction in the story rather than seeing him demolish the top guilds who I don't really care about and confirming how OP he is every other episode.

Kinda felt the similar way. What got me interested in the series was its background setting & some depths we could see in ep#1. I'm never a fan of eSports, but this show may probably be the first one that involves the real lives of pro players rather than players getting tele-transported to the virtual world. In this respect, it's quite unique in its own way.

I don't really mind the frequent in-game fights, but I do hope we can have more plots related to the eSports industry & the reality the players would face. Maybe there needs to be more build-ups for this to happen, idk.

Back to this ep, McDonald's advertisement totally caught me off guard, lmao.
Unlike some comments above, I actually like how it showed advertisement being an important part of sport industry just like what happens in real life. This also vaguely echoed what Ye Xiu said about how he's never profitable in the 1st ep.
But what's the matter with dat slogan? Can it be even worse? Only pretty boy like Zhou Ze Kai could make it sound less awkward.
Orikasa_MomijiMay 13, 2017 9:42 AM
May 13, 2017 9:45 AM

Apr 2014
Orikasa_Momiji said:
ClawViper said:
To be honest I'm no longer as hyped as I was from when I was the initial episodes. I really wish we could see more character development + more direction in the story rather than seeing him demolish the top guilds who I don't really care about and confirming how OP he is every other episode.

Kinda felt the similar way. What got me interested in the series was its background setting & some depths we could see in ep#1. I'm never a fan of eSports, but this show may probably be the first one that involves the real lives of pro players rather than players getting tele-transported to the virtual world. In this respect, it's quite unique in its own way.

I don't really mind the frequent in-game fights, but I do hope we can have more plots related to the eSports industry & the reality the players would face. Maybe there needs to be more build-ups for this to happen, idk.

Back to this ep, McDonald's advertisement totally caught me off guard, lmao.
Unlike some comments above, I actually like how it showed advertisement being an important part of sport industry just like what happens in real life. This also vaguely echoed what Ye Xiu said about how he's never profitable in the 1st ep.
But what's the matter with dat slogan? Can it be even worse? Only pretty boy like Zhou Ze Kai could make it sound less awkward.

Recommend reading the novel, it is a bit slow, cause the story builds a very firm foundation, it speeds up once it hits all-star. But before that it would need to introduce, Team Tyranny, Team Blue Rain and Team Tiny Herb first.

All-Star starts on chap 300, which is where the story takes its first major turn, before chap 300 it is basically an intro for the main pro teams and how the gaming world (fans, clubs, guilds) function.
ap1001May 13, 2017 9:52 AM
May 13, 2017 12:32 PM
Apr 2017
And I think this episode reached a new level in background music
May 13, 2017 1:01 PM

Mar 2017
YeXiu vs 10 pro rookies
interesting that they are re-arranging stuff by having Steamed Bun irl next episode
2B or not 2B?
May 13, 2017 1:11 PM

May 2014
Yet another new character! I'm liking this one too, and it's a fullout war!
Finally a real challenge.
Thanks dear @warrioroftimes
Nice preview, seems like shit is about to go down.
Now I hope that I don't have to wait to long for the next episode.
May 13, 2017 2:59 PM

Sep 2011
Finally got to see the episode and my hunch was right about the words Tiny Herbs captain said with "Greatest boss in glory" and calling him Ye Qiu. Good episode. I loved the part when they're trying to Kill him in PvP action.
May 13, 2017 3:24 PM
Apr 2017
I loved the ep, first pvp scene I enjoyed and also my favorite ep so far. Can someone tell me what light novel chapter ep 7 is?
May 13, 2017 3:35 PM

Apr 2014
IcySky said:
I loved the ep, first pvp scene I enjoyed and also my favorite ep so far. Can someone tell me what light novel chapter ep 7 is?

Chap 125, here is the link, they condensed it a bit, recommend reading the fight again to understand the tactics used.

http://gravitytales.com/Novel/the-kings-avatar/tka-chapter-125
May 13, 2017 4:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tyrel said:
Finally got to see the episode and my hunch was right about the words Tiny Herbs captain said with "Greatest boss in glory" and calling him Ye Qiu. Good episode. I loved the part when they're trying to Kill him in PvP action.
Same for me

I really like how he's waiting for Mucheng's contract to end before he starts his own team for them all to join....Whenever that happens, that shall be a HYPE day

The Magician guy and his hype is really impressive too
May 13, 2017 4:45 PM
Aug 2012
Does the manager girl ever actually find out who he is?
May 13, 2017 5:25 PM

Apr 2014
Daskk said:
Does the manager girl ever actually find out who he is?

May 13, 2017 7:40 PM

Feb 2015
Ahhh the design for WJX is so pretty I'm shocked.
May 13, 2017 7:49 PM

Sep 2015
Wang Jiexi is such a badass character and his introduction just so awesome. Did you guys notice that one of his eyes is large. Huang Shaotian wants to PK with Ye Xiu so this is a foreshadowing.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
May 13, 2017 7:50 PM

Sep 2015
rayeine said:
Ahhh the design for WJX is so pretty I'm shocked.
Me too!!! Did you notice that one of his eyes is large?
RHS100May 13, 2017 7:54 PM
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
May 13, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2016
New record! nicely done.

I loved that bit where Huang thought he was getting a handshake but instead was being asked to pay up.

The strongest boss in history, I like that nickname.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.