Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 10, 2017 4:04 PM

Nov 2012
I was a console gamer for most of my life but I switch to PC only last April so its been about 1 year.

I feel pretty satsified actually. My only regret so far is not being able to play Persona 5 that's really the only console exlusive from this Gen that I feel like I'm truely missing out on.

Yeah there's more and more exlusives made for console as it gets further down the line in its lifecycle so the answer to this question usually relies upon whether you think those few games is worth it. I personally don't overall. I feel like if there's only 2-3 exlusives that I really want to play that's not good enough logic to get a console or multiple consoles for that matter.

I switched to PC mainly just to simplify everything. By the Summer of 2015 I had a WiiU, Ps4, NEW 3DSXL , a Ps3 , a Ps2, and a original Xbox also with a laptop. Yeah I had a pretty wide variety of game choices but I hated the fact that almost all my systems were just collecting dust and barely being used at all. I'd go through large spans of time where id just play one or two games on Ps4 and just not feel the need/want to play games on all these other hunks of plastic that I had and it just felt wasteful/inneficent. So I ended up selling all of them, saving up money for a year, and built a GTX 980Ti / i7 6700K Modern Gaming PC. I got fairly cheap periphreals since the computer was pricey itself .

But overall I'm really satisfied with it. There's always steam sales , and I look at steam like once a week to just keep adding games to my wishilst so it makes it easy to figure out what I want to play next, just pick something from my wishlist. I feel like the catalog of steam is gigantic and has lots of multiplats that run really well on my computer. Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of indie games either, but steam has a good enough catalog for me to sooth most of my gaming needs. But I'm also not a typical gamer in the sense that I don't feel like I have to be constantly playing the absolute latest games that come out , right when they are released. So in a way im the ideal PC gamer that uses the system as its intended to, I generally wait for great sales to buy games at rock bottom bargain and enjoy the shit out of them.

Yeah the start up price for PC gaming is steep but I think its worth it if you fully invest in it. If you get a PC with all modern parts and a mid level GPU released within the last couple of years, your PC should last at least as long as a typical console cycle (ex.4-5 years) . Near the end of that cycle if you're still playing the most bleeding edge recent games youll probably still running them at lower settings . You upgrade your GPU if you want High-Ultra in modern games again . I don't think you have to upgrade other important parts until even more time passes (ex. 6-8 years) and by that time your better off just buying a new PC anyway you've gotten great value out of the rig if its managed to last almost a decade even if you forked out 1500 USD on it and a 500 USD or so GPU upgrade if you felt the need to in the later years of having that PC.

I think also, if you actually look at the min requirements for the vast majority of games on steam, they are way lower than most people think/expect (ESPECIALLY console gamers that never used steam before just assume requirements have you needing to upgrade your rig every year or other year LOL) . The only people who are constantly upgrading are the ultra rich or these youtube megastars that get given the parts by the companies to promote them , and people who feel the need to get absolute peak performance at the highest resolutions avaiable at all times . But in reality , 1080P gaming is still the standard and the most recent line of NVIDIA GPU are way overkill for 1080P and probably will last you a very long time with it.

May 10, 2017 4:17 PM

Nov 2012
The best part about having a gaming PC is that when I get bored with or burned out on games I just watch anime/ read manga/ watch movies / fuck around online . I can do pretty much anything with my PC. And I can casually game on one window while having ohter windows open to do other things at the exact same time. Shit I'm a football/basketball fan and sometimes I'm gaming in a little window at a lower resolution and watching sports at the same time.

I wont go into emulators that much but that's def a huge part of it too if you're a big fan of classic and older console games . You have mamoth catolog of not only any PC game ever in existance , but also pretty much any nintendo system not named Switch or WiiU, Ps1, Ps2, PsP, lots of arcade games, and all the classic consoles from the 70s-90s you could think of. Personally the most value is out of Ps1/Ps2 for me those being my favorite consoles during my lifetime by a long shot there's literally hundreds of quality games if you don't mind the graphics difference from modern day.
May 10, 2017 4:22 PM

Nov 2012
You can also hook your PC up to any modern TV set, you can use Ps3 controllers, Xbox one controllers, and use adapters for pretty much any controller you can think of that even include wireless configurations for them so you can treat it exactly like a console and game from a couch/bed. that couch gaming excuse is the laziest one I hear and I see it far too often.

Desktop PC aren't these huge 1950s computers that are as big as refridgerators like many people are making them out to be. They can be a little heavy but aren't we all adults here or something close to it? I take my PC over to my friends house without much of a problem, just need an outlet and a monitor, VGA cable, and I'm good. My only real problems transporting/ moving my desktop is when i have to go up/down alot of stairs.
May 10, 2017 4:23 PM
May 2017
I used to have a gaming PC and every Nintendo console.

Last year I decided to buy a PS4 (owner of a Switch too of course :p ).

I did it for simplicity and it works well for me.
May 10, 2017 5:58 PM

Feb 2012
I really miss the days where me and my friends played Gears of War, Cod 4/MW2 and Halo 3 on xbox 360 just rotating between the 3 games. Those were probably favorite times of gaming.
May 10, 2017 6:42 PM

Sep 2012
pc mustards getting tired? i cant blame you, but there's something comfy about playing oblivion or stalker on even my toaster, on a bed.
or thief, tf2, dota and other rpgs. i don't think i can get tired of that.
but i'll never buy a multiplat on pc. online is almost always inferior except in special cases. and nothing beats console fuccboi salt.
maybe dota 2 redditor salt, but i haven't played it in a while.
still need a new laptop after my previous one fucked me over.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 11, 2017 8:47 AM

Dec 2007
I started out as a console gamer, went hardcore into PC for years. Now it's hard for me to sit and play with a keyboard.

These days if there's a game I want, I'd probably get it for PS4.
May 11, 2017 10:46 AM
Jun 2014
dave said:
But I bet you didn't hear about the 10 games that just released on Steam as I was typing this. Course you didn't. Because the list is constantly growing.

Where they all made by indie devs? lol
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
May 11, 2017 1:52 PM

Jun 2011
Vokren said:
'Us vs. them' mentality, 'Us vs. them' mentality, 'Us vs. them' mentality, 'Us vs. them' mentality.

Gaming communities in a nutshell.

That's why the best solution is to have all the platforms.
May 11, 2017 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
As long as Team Fortress 2 exists, I will never get bored with PC Gaming. In vacations I start playing a little after dinner (8pm) and end up playing until the sun rises.

Also, emulators are nice. But not current system emulators I am talking of NES era emulation were a game is a collection item and my NES broke (actually I think I bought it broke....).

PCGaming is great, but also console gaming. The only gaming that I despise is mobile gaming and that's because my smartphone is a freaking Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini that can't play any fucking game. :(
May 13, 2017 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
WRYYY- said:
dave said:
But I bet you didn't hear about the 10 games that just released on Steam as I was typing this. Course you didn't. Because the list is constantly growing.

Where they all made by indie devs? lol

I hope your option selects aren't as weak as this in Street Fighter
May 13, 2017 11:18 AM

Apr 2017
Vokren said:
'Us vs. them' mentality, 'Us vs. them' mentality, 'Us vs. them' mentality, 'Us vs. them' mentality.

Gaming communities in a nutshell.

I've never understood this PC vs Console debate. There are games that are good on console & there are games that are good on PC.
May 13, 2017 3:16 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
Main thing I hate about PC gaming is listening to all the retards who spout about the "PeeCee MwasterWace", as if anyone over the age of 12 who isn't a spastic cares that PC is better than console or whatever. Yeah, my PC is better than every single one of my console might be something to do with it also cost £600 more than any console so I should fucking hope its better.
It isn't just PC gaming that's getting boring for me though, it's like all that comes out now is indie trash or the same safe genres.
May 13, 2017 4:45 PM

Feb 2015
Yeah kinda... I'm extremely bored of MOBAs that's for sure and that's been the biggest popularity thing.
May 13, 2017 7:33 PM

Nov 2016
I remember when Farcry 4 came out and I was debating whether to buy it on PC or PS4. I looked at the graphic comparisons and they looked the fucking same.

That's when I said the hell with PC gaming. If it's not a Moba or MMORPG then I'm playing it on consoles.
May 13, 2017 7:52 PM

Nov 2016
Why its turned to the master race vs peasants thread...

Pc gaming never gets boring imo because have biggest gaming community thats mean biggest market for creators so good games gonna keep come.İf you dont like playing at pc thats another story ofc.

About ported games if its not good like gta 5 port , switch to your console i bought nier automata on pc that was big mistake that game gave me aids (White screen error double tap)

Finally i use master race and peasant thing as a joke i love my console and pc equally <3
May 13, 2017 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
WRYYY- said:
Ezekiel said:
Don't feel sorry for me. I didn't even think it was that good when I played it for the first time last month. Afterwards, I replayed Devil May Cry 3, which is still the best hack and slasher. Bayonetta has too much Platinum crap. Most of these console exclusives the console people like to brag about are overrated. I'm fine with multiplatform games.

Bayonetta is what Devil May Cry 5 should of been
Well, DMC4 was mediocre and overrated, so I can't disagree completely. But Bayonetta wasn't that good either. Too many canned QTE animations, bad storytelling, excessively long cutscenes, sloppy scenery changes during bosses, crappy shoot em up sections with confusing perspectives, a crappy driving sequence, weaker atmosphere (than DMC3), a simplistic default difficulty, bland music and bland supporting characters.

Bayonetta also sucks at giant bosses. As I said elsewhere, "Too many QTE surprises and guesswork, scene changes, occasionally weird camera angles, and trial and error as you try to figure out what the game wants you to do." Devil May Cry 3 had better bosses.

May 14, 2017 5:44 AM

Aug 2014
This thread is "console mustardrrace" in disguise, isn't it?

Anyway, PC got plenty of games to offer and you can basically use an emulator to play most of the old school games without needing the sickest rig. Sure there are some console exclusives you can't play, but quite frankly most console exclusives are average at best anyway, so not a big loss.
May 14, 2017 6:28 AM

Apr 2012
I have a PC (dont associate me with the master race stuff) and cant see myself ever going back to console. My setup is a PC that can connect to a 46' TV, wireless xbox 1 controller, and the PC is already paid for, so other than the exclusives what would I get from a console? (this isnt a rhetorical question disguised as an insult to consoles, I'm actually wondering if theres a downside I'm not seeing).

-the bad ports are annoying also (Batman AK >_>)
May 14, 2017 7:00 AM

Nov 2008
NMSKlyne said:
My setup is a PC that can connect to a 46' TV
Holy shit! How do you make room for that monster? Do you have your own stadium?

May 14, 2017 7:12 AM

Apr 2012
Ezekiel said:
NMSKlyne said:
My setup is a PC that can connect to a 46' TV

lol took me a sec to realize the error. Maybe some day I can get billboard sized TV
May 14, 2017 7:19 AM

Nov 2008
NMSKlyne said:
Ezekiel said:

lol took me a sec to realize the error. Maybe some day I can get billboard sized TV
Heh, sorry, couldn't resist. I actually found Arkham Knight to be an okay port. It runs better than on the consoles and has almost fully customizable keys. I had to lower several of the settings to get it running at and near 60 fps, but I wasn't too bothered. I'm not as obsessed with graphics as many other PC players.

May 14, 2017 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
Ezekiel said:
NMSKlyne said:

Heh, sorry, couldn't resist. I actually found Arkham Knight to be an okay port. It runs better than on the consoles and has almost fully customizable keys. I had to lower several of the settings to get it running at and near 60 fps, but I wasn't too bothered. I'm not as obsessed with graphics as many other PC players.

Do you mean now or at launch? The game is fine now but when it first came out it was crap. I got like 15 fps at the lowest settings and constant lag. I was also 1 of the lucky ones, because most people couldnt even play it. I think that game had the worse launch month in recent history and thats including everything Ubisoft makes lol. Steam had to even halt sells because they feared legal backlash.
mylegsMay 14, 2017 8:31 AM
May 14, 2017 9:04 AM

Nov 2008
NMSKlyne said:
Ezekiel said:

Do you mean now or at launch? The game is fine now but when it first came out it was crap. I got like 15 fps at the lowest settings and constant lag. I was also 1 of the lucky ones, because most people couldnt even play it. I think that game had the worse launch month in recent history and thats including everything Ubisoft makes lol. Steam had to even halt sells because they feared legal backlash.
I finished it when it came out. Obviously, I wasn't playing it at a constant 60 fps on my i5-4670k, 8 GB RAM (For some reason, they recommend 12.) and GTX 780, but with a few settings reduced, it was tolerable. I remember being surprised at how upset people were. I can't tell how much the developer actually improved it.

May 14, 2017 9:47 PM

Mar 2017
I'm playing both PC and console, but i preferred console gaming more. I guess it's because my friends can also enjoy it while i am playing a single-player games, or playing together in a multiplayer games. PC gaming has small monitor, making it harder for people around to see and enjoy it. And to play together, normally you need to connect it to either internet or LAN and that is too bothersome in my opinion.
It's time to play the Game folks!
May 15, 2017 6:14 AM

Apr 2017
When you get bored of pc gaming you download an emulator.
May 15, 2017 6:17 AM

Jan 2010
I'm still enjoying my The Sims 4
May 15, 2017 6:54 AM

Apr 2016
I'm bored with gaming these days.

I miss it anyway. It's a wierd feeling.
May 15, 2017 8:45 AM
Apr 2011
Honestly, I don't like PC gaming's controls. I prefer a controller.
May 18, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2016
Nope, I'm fine and dandy playing all my PC games. Honestly I thought about buying an Xbox or PS4, but so many of the games I could either already play on my PC (looking better as well) or looked boring and uninteresting.

May 18, 2017 12:49 PM

Jun 2016
Well, I guess you're just not playing the right games? I've been a PC gamer for years and I still want more good video games to play. I mean there're a lot of PC games on Steam nowadays.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 18, 2017 1:36 PM

Nov 2016
I tried getting into PC gaming but I hate digital libraries. Doesn't feel like I own any of the games.
May 18, 2017 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
I never was big on PC gaming unless I was using an emulator.
May 19, 2017 6:31 PM

Aug 2007
I don't care for PC gaming outside of using Emulators for older games and the ocassional remaster of an RPG on Steam. Otherwise I never understood the elitism surrounding the PC gaming community, you may have better graphics or the ability to mod some games but I don't give a shit about either of those things. Also, dealing with pain in the ass driver/windows/general PC problems that could occur for literally any reason.

I'd rather just stick the disc into my console, wait to download the patch if it has one, then play. I don't need to worry or bother about anything else.

Jul 3, 2017 5:03 PM

Oct 2014
I personally got into gaming playing on pc so I never really thought about the console though we had a bunch of games on xbox & ps. Lately though I've been interested in these... wouldn't say I'm bored of pc gaming but playing on the console has both its cons and pros just like the pc..both is fun anyways.
Jul 3, 2017 5:13 PM

Sep 2012
gloriajack said:
Hi there, I don't like to play on consoles. Most of them loves to play PC games and one can get a number of games to play on PC. The consoles have a limited number of games as compared to PC. I like to play games with my brother and most of the time I saw him browsing https://www.instant-gaming.com/de/ for latest games.

what did you mean by this?

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Jul 4, 2017 5:00 AM

Jul 2009
Was a PC master race guy for a long time until I realized the bliss of playing on-the-go using my PS Vita.
Jul 4, 2017 8:33 AM

Jun 2015
No I only once owned a ps2.

I only play pc games and im fine with them
Jul 8, 2017 11:59 PM

Sep 2011
I won't get tired of it until I got a good gaming PC...

Then again, I couldn't think much of good console games that'll give me a reason to play games from consoles more than games from PC.

Jul 11, 2017 5:31 AM

Jan 2017

>PC gamers will say that PC has more and better exclusives than consoles. If that's the case, why can't I think of that many exclusives on PC that match the same quality as Uncharted, Horizon, Killzone and God of War? Quality is what matters, not quantity. I don't even play Overwatch much now. I only binge play it when I'm off for a week.

Jul 11, 2017 4:07 PM
Jul 2017
You should try making a game. It can be fun in it's own way with a sense of accomplishment. Today games are all about a good story and making choices. I tend to like those. I also like the divinity original sin series. It seems to be taking co-op on in a new direction.
Jul 12, 2017 5:25 PM

Sep 2014
Tennouji said:
I won't get tired of it until I got a good gaming PC...

Then again, I couldn't think much of good console games that'll give me a reason to play games from consoles more than games from PC.

THIS

college and a rent took all the money can't upgrade to any decent hardware to play anything that came out recently even indie pc games have system reqs that are higher than my system ((

I would never get bored of PC gaming
Jul 13, 2017 2:57 AM
Jun 2014
This thread is pretty old now. I got 5 games from the steam sale and I mostly play tekken 7 on my ps4 now.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jul 13, 2017 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
WRYYY- said:
PC gamers will say that PC has more and better exclusives than consoles. If that's the case, why can't I think of that many exclusives on PC that match the same quality as Uncharted, Horizon, Killzone and God of War? Quality is what matters, not quantity.

We say we have better exclusives, because if you want to play say a strategy game you have to choose a PC. Some of us want games besides sports, FPSs and third person action adventure RPGs with stealth elements. We consider games like Crusader kings and Banished to be better then the dribble you mentioned.
Jul 13, 2017 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
WRYYY- said:
Effulgence said:
It's true tho that you pretty much need a expensive pc for the more recent games. For competitive games not so much tbh you can play games like league/wow just fine on a random laptop.

Sadly if you want to be up to date with each "good" game you need to spend a shit ton of money. The "have all play all" combo is not so doable anymore these day's.

Yea people lie man, they say you don't need much to build a good gaming pc but to build a really good pc that's actually worth owning, it can cost you around £800+

£800 is about 900€. Yeah, no. Mine cost 700€ and can run games like Witcher 3 just fine, better than a console more than likely. Bought it couple of years ago, haven't needed to upgrade anything as of yet. (Btw included in that prize was the shop putting all the parts together and installing the operating system, so the actual machine was around 600€.)

Gaming laptops and pre-builds cost a lot. You make your own rig, with just a little bit of research you'll get a console killer for 500-600€ easy.
Jul 13, 2017 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
[quote=Elegade message=50680113]
Khaosman-ADVENT said:

Exclusives are necessary to us the consumers, without it, no matter how good steam is, or how much we like PSN. If they're the only way to get games, they will gouge the fuck out of you.

That's a reason to support cross-platform. At the moment, if you want Halo, too bad you have to put up with whatever BS Microsoft feels like throwing your way to squeeze every cents out of you. Same for all other exclusives. The only acceptable reason for a platform exclusive is that it can't run on a certain platform, whatever that be because the input device is unsuited for the mechanics or the machine just doesn't have what it takes to run the game.
Jul 13, 2017 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
I've been a PC gamer for 8 years now, before that it was solely consoles for most games apart from a few exceptions, mainly PC exclusives like RuneScape, MapleStory, WoW, The Sims and those glorious flash games :D

I must say the gaming landscape as a whole has changed a lot as a whole the last few years. It's gotten way more mainstream and thus socially acceptable, which causes more low effort shit to be pumped out to established platforms. It's honestly an oversaturated market at this point, I mean the Steam store is such a mess, it makes me numb to checking out new titles.

Very few devs use their own game engine now, which is kinda lame. Honestly, Unity games are like the Flash games of today; they are everywhere and you can spot one immediately.

I am very hopeful for the future though. Microsoft is already producing games that run on both Windows 10 and Xbox One, and I think that speaks to the future of the console market.
Jul 14, 2017 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
I suppose PC could use more RPGs. Heck, I'd like to see the Shin Megami Tensei, Dragon Quest, Castlevania (Symphony of the Night and DS titles), etc. titles just to ante up the recognition of the RPG franchise, rather than have the run-of-the-mill Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas games every now and then. Not that they're bad. I love them a lot. But I really wish we could have some variety.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
1 hour ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
2 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
4 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.