Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2010 9:06 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love crazy episodes like these. Mainly about Shizuo x Izaya. And things flying, even dogs.

moar.

4chan.
katzenjammerFeb 18, 2010 9:24 AM
Feb 18, 2010 9:08 AM
Dec 2008
I'm not even sure what happened in this episode, but I'm sure it was awesome.
Feb 18, 2010 9:13 AM

Oct 2007
Screencaps are not showing up. Most be really good episode then. O_o
Most find raw now!
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Feb 18, 2010 9:17 AM

Feb 2009
KuroTsuki14 said:
Screencaps are not showing up. Most be really good episode then. O_o
Most find raw now!

fixed.
Feb 18, 2010 9:35 AM

Oct 2007
Thank for sharing the screencaps. :)
OH DEAR GOD That look like Most Awasome EPSIODE EVER!! Can't wait to watch it! Just watched mins ago...

KuroTsuki14Feb 18, 2010 11:20 AM
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Feb 18, 2010 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was really really really awesome. And thanks for the screens. I love the last screen with Izaya even though I almost was going to official hate him for being too evil <.<

Comment for this episode:
- Shizuo is just too awesome this whole episode and I feel really sorry for him to be like this.
- I wonder why the school still accept Shizuo after all the football ground is ruin and students "dead" body on the school yard xD
- Kasuka is <3! Daisuke Kishio is voicing him yay!
- Random throwing stuff even the dog was there, lol (though again, I feel sorry for it xD)
- Izaya vs Shizuo <3 <3
- And I suddenly want to ship Shizuo x Celty even more now when I see him is calm around her...
- Izaya is officially rich bastard and cruel as hell and evil as hell.. and etc and etc.
- Wonder how Dotachin get to know him in person ~
- I even wonder what's their parents thinks about them at all??? xD
MimikoMay 17, 2014 5:20 AM
Feb 18, 2010 3:01 PM

Oct 2009
Well the first to say about this episode is big bravo for the great explanations of Shizuo's past! Shizuo's past.....they say no bones broken no gains well that is not true but in Shizuo's case it seems like it. He gained incredible strength through those ordeals. Also he has a short temper from all these parts=>
I mean easily amusement park rage, fast food customer rage, soccer practice rage and let's add sudden street rages with sign poles being torn off. Looks like his brother is in the fashion/media business. Izaya has been proven here=>
to have called the cops on Shizuo one thing bothers me is that why did Shizuo not escape? Rofl at references again..Cencoroll and my favorite Darker than Black second season.....Suou!=>Did not Shizuo break Shinra's arm?=>
Looks like the milk helped the bone fortification at a crazy unreal level let's just say=>
Of course girls would be all over Shizuo if they how strong he is....looks like he does not care here=>
Looks like Shinra said something Celty that irritated her from how she acted towards him=>
Ouch on the bone breaking here=>
Looks like even Celty is afraid here at Shizuo's rage=>
Overall I still wonder how stupid rage can be when Shizuo's rage hurt that store clerk even if she was saved from those bad guys.....
katzennie said:

4chan.
Yeah, thanks for pics they saved me some time.
Quite simply the past of Shizuo and his crazy rage with consequences of it.....I am fearing that the red eyes girl might go after him since he hurt that guy who gave him the card.
francismeunierFeb 20, 2010 2:18 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 18, 2010 3:25 PM

Jun 2008

1. I know it's KO still they could've been as much dead as that.
2. Kasuka is Shizuo's brother and he is voiced by Daisuke Kishio.
3. Totally understandable ~
4. I'm glad he didn't got that scar to stick with him forever <.< Izaya had sure ruined him enough.
5. Celty x Shinra is almost canon for some reason.
6. He paid for those things that Shizuo breaks or got hit into :D! *jk* but the reason I stated him as a rich bastard is he really is rich for one thing (noted: paying Celty the job she done, paid for Shizuo got hit by the car, and he dealt with informations be get pay for)
7. Can't wait to know that later ~
8. I'm sure they are alive somewhere xD
MimikoFeb 19, 2010 3:14 AM
Feb 18, 2010 3:39 PM

Oct 2009
Mimiko said:

What that person with him is his brother? It looked like a girl? Trap!
Mimiko said:
6. He paid for those things that Shizuo breaks or got hit into :D! *jk* but the reason I stated him as a rich bastard is he really is rich for one thing (noted: paying Celty the job she done, paid for Shizuo got hit by the car, and he dealt with informations be get pay for)
Oh yeah that but the money he had could have been not because he is rich but somehow through dark deals (you know drugs or information exchange).

Feb 18, 2010 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Mimiko said:

You my friend that what people call bishounen aka pretty boy.Kasuka is a bishounen,so does the main male cast(Izaya,Shizuo,Kida&Mikado).

Wow,even in elementary school Shizuo already kicking some asses,look what he done to the desk at the class!
Unlike his brother,Kasuka is calm & reserved.It's just me that at the "Kasuka Movie Preview" scene there is a woman that suspiciously look alike Nice(Baccano!).
LOL Celty is attempt to persuade Shizuo in Shinra apartment.Oh Shinra,you are just not a weird guy,you are also a masochist XD
Does anyone reminds Kasuka appearance:

With this guy from Baccano!(Huey Laforet)
Kagura89Feb 18, 2010 6:25 PM
Feb 18, 2010 9:53 PM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:
Mimiko said:

You my friend that what people call bishounen aka pretty boy.Kasuka is a bishounen,so does the main male cast(Izaya,Shizuo,Kida&Mikado).

Wow,even in elementary school Shizuo already kicking some asses,look what he done to the desk at the class!
Unlike his brother,Kasuka is calm & reserved.It's just me that at the "Kasuka Movie Preview" scene there is a woman that suspiciously look alike Nice(Baccano!).
LOL Celty is attempt to persuade Shizuo in Shinra apartment.Oh Shinra,you are just not a weird guy,you are also a masochist XD
Does anyone reminds Kasuka appearance:

With this guy from Baccano!(Huey Laforet)
Except Izaya,Shizuo,Kida&Mikado look a lot more like males than Kasuka ever would be to my eyes. Hideyoshi in Baka to Test To Shunkanjuu at least announced himself as a guy but here with even subs I would not even have a clue. Same with Daichi in Ladies VS Butlers until major confirmation from people reading the Japanese website.
Hey nice comparing there BTW

Feb 18, 2010 10:06 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Except Izaya,Shizuo,Kida&Mikado look a lot more like males than Kasuka ever would be to my eyes. Hideyoshi in Baka to Test To Shunkanjuu at least announced himself as a guy but here with even subs I would not even have a clue. Same with Daichi in Ladies VS Butlers until major confirmation from people reading the Japanese website.
Hey nice comparing there BTW

Umm yeah look can very deceiving.I can say that Kasuka is a very handsome lad,no wonder he so popular with his fans especially females.Your view about Kasuka reminds me when I was watching Gundam 00 for the first time I thought Tieria is a girl until he open his mouth.
Feb 19, 2010 1:45 AM

Oct 2009
Epic GIF of Shizuo and Shizuo VS Izaya.....you know you can host that with my account....unlimited bandwidth for 1 year and you all know what? Shizuo VS Izaya is most epic so far=>
francismeunierFeb 19, 2010 3:38 AM

Feb 19, 2010 5:39 AM

Apr 2009
Kwelly said:

Can't you put those under spoilerbuttons, I have problems scrolling and others probably too.

+111111
put YOUR ENTIRE post in spoiler FFS
Feb 19, 2010 6:11 AM
Jun 2008
now i know why he is called Heiwajima(peaceful island).He treasure peace so much that he will beat the hell out of anyone who tries to steal from it.

Izaya and Shizuo makes a lovely couple ^^
MorningGloryFeb 19, 2010 6:21 AM
Feb 19, 2010 10:43 AM

Jan 2008
what happened to the sub? :-/
Feb 19, 2010 10:52 AM

Jun 2008
patlagik said:

For GG sub, according to their announcement from Baka to Test download, they said that episode 7 will be a bit late due to their translator having some personal problems to sort out. So it will be late, beside it will be a different tag, most likely Eclipse-BSS I guess. So we got to wait a while <.<
Feb 19, 2010 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
Mimiko said:
patlagik said:

For GG sub, according to their announcement from Baka to Test download, they said that episode 7 will be a bit late due to their translator having some personal problems to sort out. So it will be late, beside it will be a different tag, most likely Eclipse-BSS I guess. So we got to wait a while <.<

Damn it, gg. D:
Feb 19, 2010 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
Mimiko said:
patlagik said:

Damn it, gg. D:

I swear, every hour i've been flying to their site hoping it's out by now. Sigh. It's getting hard to refrain from picking horrible subs...but i'll manage it I guess.
Feb 19, 2010 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
k0k0 said:
Jumperboy333 said:
Mimiko said:
patlagik said:

Damn it, gg. D:

I swear, every hour i've been flying to their site hoping it's out by now. Sigh. It's getting hard to refrain from picking horrible subs...but i'll manage it I guess.

Their site isn't being updated anymore, right? They didn't post Ookamikakushi and Baka to Test links. Had to get them from Nyaatorrents.org.
Feb 19, 2010 12:24 PM

Nov 2008
Best episode so far ;)
Feb 19, 2010 12:32 PM

Aug 2009

Yeah, their latest entry is Durarara 6. =/
I didn't know Baka to test was out. Perhaps they're facing site issues. But why did DURARARA have to be late!? And I was SO looking forward to this episode! And to top it off, I accidentally came across a major spoiler (DIE WiIKIPEDIA).
It better be out tomorrow cos I'm not going to Horrible Subs. Which reminds me, they dropped Durarara and also completely removed the 7th episode, which they bothered to sub, from Nyaa.
k0k0Feb 19, 2010 12:38 PM
Feb 19, 2010 1:13 PM

Jan 2010
"He is OK, he is OK. Good job man."

"Your adolescence is over?"

So this time we got a Cencoroll and DTB references.
Feb 19, 2010 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
-Funny to see how Shizuo was completely psychotic even as a kid. I don't think it's actually that possible to lift a fridge but then again, this guy did punch another dude out of his clothes so...meh. I thought that Shizuo and his brother would do the cliche'd thing and hate each other but that's so nice. They really love each other.

-Wow, Shizuo, Izaya and Shinra all went to the same school. Oh Shinra. "She's my future wi....owowow" *Certy puts him in chokehold*

-I think I burst a lung laughing when I saw Shizuo get smacked by the truck.

-Today's cameos were Cencoroll (again), Baccano and Hell Girl (of course) and Darker Than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini for some reason.
Feb 19, 2010 3:26 PM

Jan 2010
I've just seen this ep and it was awesome!

For example, I really liked it when Shizou was throwing things around. :)
And when he tried to have a normal job,
Seeing Shizou as a kid,
Shizou being hit by a truck and
Shizou as a bartender, he was so cute!
Feb 19, 2010 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
That was very violent episode. XD Hmm. Will Izaya be the main evil guy in this serie or was he shown like this because it is from Shizuo point of view and they just hate each other? He was very creepy in this ep. And wow Shizuo and his short temper. XD Whenever he go the dead bodies are left in his way. And Shinra was so cute when he was small.
Feb 19, 2010 6:35 PM

Oct 2009
Shizuo is a Really badass dude.

"I DON'T LIKE VIOLENCE"

Awesome!! xD
Feb 19, 2010 6:42 PM

Feb 2009
The whole Izaya x Shizuo thing was pretty vague in some parts but nonetheless epically cool.

Feb 19, 2010 7:19 PM

Apr 2009
Awww how cute.
Feb 19, 2010 7:30 PM
Jan 2009
This is my favorite episode for now.
What I liked most about it was Shizuo's relationship with his brother. It was endearing to me. And throughout the episode when he'd say that he didn't like violence. That made me smile every time.

And a great way to end the chapter. lol
Looking forward to the next one!
Feb 19, 2010 7:34 PM

Feb 2009
There aren't too many 'normal' people and Durarara. Three young weird teenage boys.
Shizuo's brother is lol, he's as calm as is brother hotblooded.

Super freak!
Feb 19, 2010 7:45 PM

Jun 2009
For people who are wondering about gg- http://loveisdongs.ath.cx/

Shizuo is such a fucking badass.
Feb 19, 2010 7:45 PM

Dec 2007
This episode was so fucking awesome. I CAME.
Feb 19, 2010 8:02 PM

Jun 2009
Im really interested in these guys's bonds... i wish i could have ppl lyk that around
Feb 19, 2010 8:30 PM
Feb 2010
Awesome episode! Shizuo is so freaking crazy! Just like Izaya. XD
Feb 19, 2010 8:39 PM
Nov 2008
What's with the gg obsession?:D Just watch commie not much of a difference really.

Awesome ep again, that high-school class must've been legendary. And I love the interactions between Selty and Shizu-chan. It must be because Selty can't speak, but they sure get along:D.
Also, anyone noticed that the one who informed Selty about Shizu-chan's 'adolesence' was Izaya? (in the chat). It's like Izaya wanted to cool him down. I guess deep down they like each other... Really deep down.

monkatx said:
Will Izaya be the main evil guy in this serie or was he shown like this because it is from Shizuo point of view and they just hate each other? He was very creepy in this ep.

I'm pretty sure this show won't have a main evil guy. Just lots of grey. And grey is good.
MalestelFeb 19, 2010 8:45 PM
Feb 19, 2010 8:52 PM

Jan 2009
That was a sweet ep ;)
Feb 19, 2010 8:59 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was the shit <33 Shizuo's past is sad but very amusing lol.
Feb 19, 2010 9:00 PM
Jun 2009
best episode so far....shizou is my fav char...izaya is not too far behind tho xD...
Feb 19, 2010 9:07 PM

May 2009
gloryfy said:

Izaya and Shizuo makes a lovely couple ^^

It's a match made in heaven or hell depending on whose perspective it's coming from. Can't you just feel the love/hate? LOL.

Great episode. Exploring the history of our favorite badass was something I've been looking forward to for awhile. Didn't realize the path to his super human strength was so painful. I'm actually more impressed with his healing abilities!

More Celty and Shizuo moments please.
Feb 19, 2010 9:33 PM
Mar 2009
Great episode. Seeing Shizuo's past and his relationship with Izaya was very interesting and funny at the same time. Those two are probably the two best characters in this show due to that crazy chemistry they have.
Feb 19, 2010 9:55 PM

Aug 2007
PsychFreak said:
Great episode. Seeing Shizuo's past and his relationship with Izaya was very interesting and funny at the same time. Those two are probably the two best characters in this show due to that crazy chemistry they have.

This.

Shizuo is easily my favorite character off the show so far. To be honest, I kind of feel bad for the guy. He has an insane temper, but he really did nothing but say "I don't like you" to Izaya, and he keeps on getting people to try to fight him, and even frame him for crimes.

That's really low, and knowing Izaya, he just does it because he can. Loveably manipulative.

Feb 19, 2010 10:20 PM

Feb 2009
Lol at Selty stabbing that other guy in the solar plexus. xD
Feb 19, 2010 11:18 PM

Nov 2007
This is my favorite episode so far... Honestly, it's the only one that actually kept my attention captivated throughout the whole episode..

I was a little nervous at first, thinking that Shizzy was going to be a stock annoying aggressive character, but his past was well done and I thoroughly enjoyed his story. I like the fact that his fits of rage are from uncontrollable emotion and that he's not just an overall violent guy to everyone. His smile at the street performer was adorable too. <3

This episode also had me itching for MORE Izaya explanations.. I'm totally in love with Izaya, I'm huge fan of "shade of grey that seems evil" type of character. I'm really looking forward to seeing Izaya's past, if it ever comes.

That being said, besides the Celty and Shinra moments and the Shizzy and Izaya moments, I wish this anime didn't bore me to death with every other story.
Feb 19, 2010 11:24 PM

Nov 2007
i couldn't stop giggling the whole time i was watching this, LMFAO.

shinra's such a fanboy, I LOVE HIM SO MUCH IDEK? actually i love everyone in this show; why are the characters so awesome? ;////; also, shinra sekritly ships izaya/shizuo. 8)

IZAYA IS ONE FINE-LOOKING ASSHOLE. the end. :'333
Feb 19, 2010 11:26 PM

Jul 2009
As expected..great episode
Never thought the four-eyed kid is Shinra..XD kinda slow on that
Feb 19, 2010 11:29 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Looks like his sister is in the fashion/media business. Izaya has been proven here=>

This is what you get for watching raws. Not understanding anything even though it was mentioned that he was Shizuo's brother.

Shizuo is a total badass. Disrupt his peace and he'll go postal on you. I was expecting more Shizuo vs Izaya though. Now that they've given all the significant characters some narrative and screen time other than Izaya, I wonder if they're going to start moving the overarching plot again soon.

Lolz at Celty jabbing Shinra in the solar plexus.
Feb 19, 2010 11:52 PM

Dec 2009
PsychFreak said:
adorableness
jog said:
i couldn't stop giggling the whole time i was watching this, LMFAO.

shinra's such a fanboy, I LOVE HIM SO MUCH IDEK? actually i love everyone in this show; why are the characters so awesome? ;////; also, shinra sekritly ships izaya/shizuo. 8)

IZAYA IS ONE FINE-LOOKING ASSHOLE. the end. :'333
crazy is hot
Feb 20, 2010 1:54 AM

Jul 2008
so pretty much the guy has no limits, thats cool in a way
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 20, 2010 2:05 AM

May 2009
OMG Shizuo very badass.
Wonder why he hate Izaya lol..
Nice eps!
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.