Forum Settings
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2017 12:58 PM

Jun 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The story comes to the end, @Encipher you guessed it.

Akane was cute at the wedding, so was short-haired Sanae.

As for Hanabi & Mugi, just go on for your genuine. Maybe there is an answer blowing in the wind, maybe not. And that will be that, right?

Six years have gone, finally I am aware of the emotions in that letter now.

Thank you, Yokoyari Sensei. You've told a significant story. 100/10.
2thurielMar 25, 2017 9:31 PM
Mar 24, 2017 1:02 PM
Mar 24, 2017 1:46 PM

Jan 2015
And so we're left wondering...

I guess an abstract ending is only suiting for this story. I liked it. Everyone's gonna have his different thoughts about the future.
Mar 24, 2017 2:54 PM

Apr 2008
2thuriel said:
@Encipher you guessed it.

Almost wished I didn't! Felt there wasn't full "closure". But seeing how this manga has been all this while, I guess I was expecting too much.

Oh well, not too bad of an end anyway. This was one of the most mature manga about relationships I've read and thoroughly enjoyed the ride!

Mar 24, 2017 3:21 PM

Nov 2012
I went in here expecting to be greeted with pure shit writing albeit atleast being able to come away with some sort of satisfaction for being able to have completed another story from the day it went up, chapter 1, to the day it reached its conclusion, the end.

Went in with the lowest of low expectations, and was still utterly disappointed in powers of 100.

My heart literally sank in the early hours of this morning while I was reading what I couldn't believe was the finale of this story. The score of 1/10 was cemented volumes ago, and it seems, that I have yet again come across another title where I wished -ve values were an available option.

Yokoyari, I love your art, you have so much god given talent for creating beautiful characters. In my book, you rival and rank among the greatest that I have seen. That much, can NEVER be taken from you. As a storyteller however, you fail hard, really hard. Forced bittersweet stories are not for me.

GG.
Mar 24, 2017 5:13 PM

Oct 2015
2thuriel said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The story comes to the end, @Encipher you guessed it.

Akane was cute at the wedding, so was short-haired Sanae.

As for Hanabi & Mugi, just go on for mamono. Maybe there is an answer blowing in the wind, maybe not. And that will be that, right?

Thank you, Yokoyari Sensei. You've told a significant story.
how come it says it's going to have 53 chapters? Is it some kind of mistake?
Mar 24, 2017 5:18 PM

Nov 2012
EGOIST said:

Everything after Chapter 47 pertains to the "Nyan Nyan One Shots", which for the most part, were really good.
NaxrrhidMar 24, 2017 5:34 PM
Mar 24, 2017 5:20 PM

Oct 2015
Naxrrhid said:
EGOIST said:

Everything after Chapter 47 pertains to the the "Nyan Nyan One Shots", which for the most part, were really good.
I see, thanks! :)
zz
Mar 24, 2017 6:02 PM
Mar 2017
Could you please give me a link where I can read the chapter please? TT.TT
Mar 24, 2017 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
At least it ended better than I expected. I rate the whole thing a solid 6/10.
Mar 24, 2017 6:46 PM
Mar 2015
Finally! this piece of trash is finally finished. We are free and the world is finally rid of it!

After an ending like that, I went from 1/10 to 0.5/10, cause it's ending just throws everything up in the air and makes you wonder what was it all for in the end?

So about that wedding scene; just fuck this series, fuck it.

Wasted my time with this series and hate it to it's core. But I finished it cause i'm a finisher, I too can stomach trash and make it through it all.

After Ep 12 of the series, it's goodbye forever Kuzu no Honkai. Please disappear and fall into an abyss forever and dont come back. kay' bye!
Mar 24, 2017 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
Quite enjoyed this. Staying true to itself the manga is wrapped up in a satisfying manner, and in that context I couldn't help but note the hoody Hanabi's class wears throughout the school's cultural festival.
Mar 24, 2017 9:07 PM
Oct 2016
So, I assume the hug was a end to their facade and they more or less moved on from one another?

Going off limited understanding and the visuals of the raw.
Mar 24, 2017 9:40 PM

Nov 2009
They all moved on. Can't wait until the translation to read exactly what was said.
Mar 24, 2017 11:25 PM

Nov 2014
I knew hoping for an ending that's an actual ending was too much. At the very least, they've all moved on from each other so it wasn't all bad.
Mar 25, 2017 2:36 AM

Jan 2008
So I guess Mugi/Hanabi shippers are salty that the manga ended this way? I think it's the most suitable ending for such a series. I don't think Mugi going back to Hanabi after his relationship with Akane ended is the answer. I'm sure anyone in Hanabi's shoes wouldn't want to be a replacement for someone else. I, for one, would not be happy to be with a man who stood me up because he was busy having sex with another woman and what's more, a man who did not contact me since then. Yes, Mugi did send a text to Hanabi the next morning but saying sorry with a text shows that he didn't really care to talk to her. Mugi was in love with Akane and so Hanabi wasn't in his mind. She was just someone he was fooling around with as a replacement for the one he loves. I'm not saying he was bad but he wasn't in love with Hanabi. It's as simple as that. He and Akane not working out doesn't mean that he should go back to Hanabi. I'm not saying that he didn't care for her. He did and he felt guilty for leaving her alone but his desire and love for Akane was much stronger. If Akane rejected him that night, maybe things would have been different between him and Hanabi but I guess it shows that it wasn't meant to be. Hanabi was ready to start a new chapter in her life with Mugi but things didn't go the way she expected.

Well, the whole thing was a mess, so I wouldn't wish for Mugi and Hanabi to be together and have a happy ending. The best thing is that they both moved on with their lives.
Mar 25, 2017 3:03 AM

Apr 2008
How are there so many people hating on this series yet read it all the way to chapter 47? Jeez. Couldn't have stopped reading it after chapter 10 if it was such an eyesore?

Deep down, they all enjoyed it I bet.

Mar 25, 2017 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
Encipher said:
How are there so many people hating on this series yet read it all the way to chapter 47? Jeez. Couldn't have stopped reading it after chapter 10 if it was such an eyesore?

I guess they didn't really like it, but still had an interest in it? From what I've heard, this manga (and anime) is one of those series where you either love or or hate it.

Though, I'm totally with you that it's kinda stupid that people read the whole thing just to bash about it.
Mar 25, 2017 7:14 AM
Mar 2017
Encipher said:

i actually loved this series after all. when i see most of them who don't like it is mostly those who watch happy, tear-jerking story too much. i also agree they actually tsundere and enjoyed it. xD

this manga ended beautifully, the most realistic story i've ever seen. thank you, mengo yokoyari-sensei. seriously love your work
Mar 25, 2017 8:36 AM

Aug 2015
Holy shit, I love how the manga ends, there's going to be a lot of salty tears from both anime watchrs and manga readers.
Mar 25, 2017 9:16 AM
Jun 2016
I have a mixed feeling about the ending. I'm glad Hanabi dodged the bullets and finally came to senses b-b-but, cuck-sensei..... I know he's a true cuck who enjoys being cucked, but still, any kind of cuck character isn't pleasant thing to see (at least for me).

Btw, I think anime is better paced/made. Manga felt like a bit too stretched.

Overall, one of the better/decent series.
Mar 25, 2017 11:54 AM
Feb 2017
I liked the ending[*], seems like there was character growth for Mugi and Hanabi, and even Akane which I didn't expect (but all things considered, she's the most self-aware and experimental out of all the characters, so it's not inconceivable that her wanton self-exploration might someday lead her to finally fulfill what it is that she's been looking for).

I'm actually more unsettled now by Narumi's blind love for her out of some Oedipus complex that he's either incapable or unwilling to face/overcome. I feel like his character is grossly underdeveloped and it's a huge oversight on the mangaka's part. There's also loose ends with Kamomebata - overall I feel like Mugi's perspective is underdeveloped as well, considering his romantic history with the senpai and everything. Overall the manga seems more like a portrayal of heterosexual relationships from a woman's point of view than a fair representation of how both sexes think and operate.

*Not sure if the ending is final since Yokoyari mentioned some kind of sidestory/spinoff continuation in Big Gangan... anyone have any info on that?
Mar 25, 2017 12:03 PM
Jul 2013
That was a beautiful ending. Hanabi was glad that she met Mugi. They both wanted to stay together, but they both also wanted something genuine. And thus they move forward.

Can't wait for the Extra 'outside serialisation' chapters to come!

10/10
Mar 25, 2017 6:06 PM
Sep 2012
Can someone send me a link so I can read it please!!! Raw is fine too.
Mar 25, 2017 9:18 PM

Jun 2011
Encipher said:

cant agree more, that's why I dropped Fuuka anime after ep.10 lol
Mar 26, 2017 8:41 AM
Jan 2017
Where can I read chapter 47???
Mar 26, 2017 1:03 PM
Oct 2016
The ropes of fate have broken and in the end can follow their lives is wonderful

https://manhua.163.com/reader/4731282536150127781/4900059798440516838#scale=7@imgIndex=0
Mar 26, 2017 3:25 PM

Jan 2015
2thuriel said:
Encipher said:

cant agree more, that's why I dropped Fuuka anime after ep.10 lol

I envy you. I couldn't do it.
Mar 26, 2017 7:42 PM
Mar 2017
it was kind of strange how Kanai's mother complex was set up. I felt like the story kept hinting that it was going to be brought up as a way to disprove any romantic feeling he might have towards Akane. Could've also explained why he doesn't make advances?
Mar 27, 2017 7:47 AM
Nov 2016
So how long does it usually take for the English version to start appearing?
Mar 27, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
Well that was a shitty end to a beautiful yet amazing story, bitter sweet ends are not for me either.
5/10.
Mar 27, 2017 11:13 AM
Mar 2012
Pretty good ending not great as in my opinion it seemed abit forced in order to get that anime/manga equivalent of an Oscar bait ending which is no longer unique as people say as they litter around top50 lists.

But this might just be me having high expectations due to how good the writing was in the previous chapters, you can probably stick this chapter at the end of chapter 21 and it would still make sense making the growth and realisation shown in the latter chapters irrelevant.
Mar 27, 2017 9:08 PM
Jan 2014
Sayonara Hanabi-chan... Sayonara Mugi...

That's right, their lives crossed, but they were never meant to unite, after all, their lines were sweetly parallel, so is... Heikousen.

After all this is not a story of love and sweet romance, this is the story of a wish...

This is an wish... an Scum's Wish.
Lolikon_ExtremJan 18, 2019 12:11 AM
Mar 28, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2015
I like this ending, Mugi and Hanabi are simply not meant for each other. Mugi had the opportunity to make something out of it but he picked Akane. Hanabi would be dumb to return to him. Well Love that Ecchan finally stand by Hanabi side.
Mar 29, 2017 1:10 AM
Jan 2014
That is not true, life if it has a meaning and in that vast universe and Multiverse where the existence of life decreases with probability, its purpose is rooted precisely the strength of the connections that life itself can make in this world, where great part that the we observe is dead.

The Material Universe is less than 5% and of that 5% material, less than 0.0001% is conscious matter, those are human beings, you think that life has no purpose, why live? The reason is simple, we live so that the Universe has consciousness for itself, since our single existence changes the World from something dead, which is only matter, to a living Universe, and that does not happen anywhere in space-time.

Only on this planet, but the most amazing thing about it, is that it is on this planet where the conscious material lives, is born and grows and dies, and so it is only in this fraction of the universe where two people can love each and even hating each other, that neither the star or the gravitationally powerful black hole can do, since they do not have consciousness and will never have it, therefore they are doomed to be static, but the Human, has consciousness for Evolve and give himself a future where as a species, has the option of living forever in this universe or the others.

The human path is a parallel lines as a species, but in those parallel lines intersect infinite futures that he can reject or accept. But the purpose and the probability to make them real, exist and are true.
Mar 29, 2017 5:23 AM

Oct 2015
Encipher said:

probably because of the amazing art, not to mention some people release their lust by reading these type of things :p
Mar 29, 2017 9:58 AM

Mar 2013
I have a question though, Why does mal set this up to 53 chapters if it ended on 47? Will still continue?
Mar 29, 2017 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
WaffleMint said:
I have a question though, Why does mal set this up to 53 chapters if it ended on 47? Will still continue?

It counts extra chapters
Mar 29, 2017 2:42 PM
Nov 2016
There are extra chapters?
Mar 29, 2017 9:06 PM

Oct 2015
WaffleMint said:
Everything after Chapter 47 pertains to the the "Nyan Nyan One Shots" someone already replied to that question :)
Mar 30, 2017 12:11 AM

Apr 2008
EGOIST said:
Encipher said:

probably because of the amazing art, not to mention some people release their lust by reading these type of things :p

Hahaha "release lust"? Surely they've heard of something called
:p

Or are these people just like angry fapping. "I HATE THIS SERIES! BUT..." *fap fap fap* XD

Mar 30, 2017 1:00 AM

Oct 2015
Encipher said:
EGOIST said:

Hahaha "release lust"? Surely they've heard of something called
:p

Or are these people just like angry fapping. "I HATE THIS SERIES! BUT..." *fap fap fap* XD
yeah since this is much tamer than hentai lol
Mar 30, 2017 4:03 PM
Sep 2015
Crunchyroll has a 4 day timer running on the chapter translation... Anyone can point me to an alternative version?
Mar 30, 2017 4:30 PM

May 2010
Ironwarrer said:

That's right, their lives crossed, but they were never meant to unite, after all, their lines were sweetly parallel, so is... Heikousen.

After all this is not a story of love and sweet romance, this is the story of a wish...

Nice! It ended just like the title. Man I love.

It's sad how people can't appreciate well-written stuff like this.
Mar 30, 2017 7:13 PM
Jan 2014
TragicRomance said:
Ironwarrer said:

Nice! It ended just like the title. Man I love.

Hehehe is true, anime was spectacular, a different animation with manga cuts,
and the music very beautiful!

Without forgetting that Hanabi was Best Waifu in this Winter Season 2017! đź’śđź’śđź’ś
Mar 31, 2017 5:20 AM

Feb 2017
TragicRomance said:

I read through it and enjoyed it but it wasn't particularly well written, it felt like a soap opera through the entirety of the manga
Mar 31, 2017 5:42 AM

May 2010
drunkmuggle said:
TragicRomance said:

I read through it and enjoyed it but it wasn't particularly well written, it felt like a soap opera through the entirety of the manga

Still better than most other high school love romance, don't you think? It's original, too.
Mar 31, 2017 7:01 PM

Feb 2017
TragicRomance said:
drunkmuggle said:

Still better than most other high school love romance, don't you think? It's original, too.

I can't deny that. it definitely is unique and I think that's what made me enjoy it as much as I did. but I can't condone some of the thoughts and actions from some of the characters, it was a little wacky at times, and I know what it is like to make silly decisions as a result of being in love but I still think this is overblown
Apr 1, 2017 12:22 AM
Jun 2016
What happens in chapter 47?Spoil me.
Apr 1, 2017 12:54 AM

Mar 2015
PapaShango said:
What happens in chapter 47?Spoil me.

The same thing as the last episode of the anime. Hanabi and Mugi decide that they can't be together because their relationship wouldn't be built off true love and decide to go their own ways in search of it.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» About the adaptation…

TEMPEST_1 - Mar 23

1 by LiamTheLaz »»
Mar 23, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai DĂ©cor Chapter 2 Discussion

EGOIST - Jan 31, 2018

5 by Quiddity131 »»
Feb 5, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai DĂ©cor Chapter 6 Discussion

64BitRatchet - Aug 17, 2018

17 by Quiddity131 »»
Feb 5, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2013

3 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 11:10 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

9 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.