Forum Settings
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2018 7:02 PM
Oct 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Does anyone else feel like this manga should have been longer? The manga literally ends saying there is no conclusion to the story they pursue.
cyruzMay 18, 2021 12:58 PM
Sep 2, 2018 8:17 AM

Nov 2009
64BitRatchet said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Does anyone else feel like this manga should have been longer? The manga literally ends saying there is no conclusion to the story they pursue.

I do wish it were longer. We barely even got to see Hanabi and Mugi together.
Sep 14, 2018 5:19 PM

May 2014
So what was the ending? I dont speak Japanise.
Sep 14, 2018 6:25 PM
Oct 2015
RaidenHUN said:
You don’t need to be able to read Japanese since Crunchyroll has the manga in English.
Sep 15, 2018 11:07 AM

May 2014
64BitRatchet said:
RaidenHUN said:
You don’t need to be able to read Japanese since Crunchyroll has the manga in English.

I dont have premium on that site and obviously wont pay for just 1 or 2 chapters on a site that I never used and never will be.

Anyway I found it on an another site.

Pretty good as an ending but I was expecting little more than just an open end like this.
RaidenHUNSep 28, 2018 4:17 PM
Oct 7, 2018 9:27 PM

Nov 2009
Why is this still marked as publishing
Nov 21, 2018 9:15 PM
Nov 2018
RaidenHUN said:
64BitRatchet said:

I dont have premium on that site and obviously wont pay for just 1 or 2 chapters on a site that I never used and never will be.

Pretty good as an ending but I was expecting little more than just an open end like this.
where did you find it? i cant find it anywhere
Nov 22, 2018 8:04 AM

May 2014
Weeb_Chan78888 said:
RaidenHUN said:

I sent private message.
Dec 19, 2018 3:06 PM

Nov 2012
Hanabi x Mugi

FINALLY!!!!!!!

That's all I wanted from Yokoyari and that is exactly what I got from Yokoyari. Could definitely have been alot longer. Atleast show me some glimpses of their married life. Just seeing them get together left me wanting to see more and more.

All in all, I got the closure that I really needed from this story. Yokoyari as always, is an absolute beast when it comes to drawing cute girls. She really is talented. Heres to hoping that we get an extra extra extra chapter that shows Hanabi and Mugi, married with children!
Dec 30, 2018 9:31 AM
Sep 2018
RaidenHUN said:
Weeb_Chan78888 said:

I sent private message.
RaidenHUN said:
Weeb_Chan78888 said:

I sent private message.
i have read it on crunchy roll but i just used my free trial. Where can i find it? I want to read it again
Dec 30, 2018 2:21 PM

May 2014
Katharsiiis said:
RaidenHUN said:

I sent private message.
RaidenHUN said:

I sent private message.
i have read it on crunchy roll but i just used my free trial. Where can i find it? I want to read it again

You can find it on nyaa site.
Jan 18, 2019 12:14 AM
Jan 2014
Dear Mengo... thank you! thank you for giving peace to my heart and that of so many fans!

Thank you for bringing them together again and making those feelings that they had in high school, which were the scum society, could become real and deep... make this dream come true, let that wish... that scum's wish becomes a reality.

Hanabi became even more beautiful than she already was in high school! really beautiful girl, and I will always love her really!

And just like when they said goodbye ... this Scum's Wish... starts in a new story...

That's right, their lives crossed, but they were never meant to be unite, after all, their lines were sweetly parallel...

but sometimes... even the parallel lines can be found in the infinity of space-time... and become in one.

Mar 19, 2019 2:19 AM
Mar 2019
Where I can read chapters 5 and 6. I cant use Crunchyroll free trial. Please help)
Apr 4, 2019 2:30 PM

Nov 2018
Ironwarrer said:
Dear Mengo... thank you! thank you for giving peace to my heart and that of so many fans!

Thank you for bringing them together again and making those feelings that they had in high school, which were the scum society, could become real and deep... make this dream come true, let that wish... that scum's wish becomes a reality.

Hanabi became even more beautiful than she already was in high school! really beautiful girl, and I will always love her really!

And just like when they said goodbye ... this Scum's Wish... starts in a new story...

That's right, their lives crossed, but they were never meant to be unite, after all, their lines were sweetly parallel...

but sometimes... even the parallel lines can be found in the infinity of space-time... and become in one.

ive looked at the raws till chapter 7 but does anyone know where i can find them in english crunhyroll doesnt have chapter 7
May 13, 2019 5:06 PM

Dec 2018
eb2 said:
Ironwarrer said:

ive looked at the raws till chapter 7 but does anyone know where i can find them in english crunhyroll doesnt have chapter 7

Chapter 7 is chapter 6 due to a 4.5 chapter
May 10, 2021 6:22 AM

Jun 2009
84DaysWithout said:
Why is this still marked as publishing
I wish to know too, this is completed and should be marked as such.

I rly liked the non Happy End for Hana and Mugi in the main series but I also somehow liked this Happy End now in the extra series. I wish I had saw more of Mugis struggles, I rly liked seeing him suffering especially after he choose that stupid sensei. Also I wish we could have seen how their rekindle would have looked like, how they get to meet each other anew and fall in love with each other and stuff.
Oct 10, 2022 5:43 PM

Feb 2019
Unexpectedly, this had quite the good ending. This ending raised the score from 7 to 8 for me.

It's great to see how Hanabi is now. She's become more beautiful and mature. She and Moka are probably the most beautiful of every female character in this manga now. And it was really great to see her unlikely friendship with Moka and how close she's got to Narumi and Akane. I really respect her for being able to move forward like that, looking beyond all the pain and suffering she felt.

And wow, Akane has a kid now. Maybe she'll change even more? We'll never see, but I hope that's the case~

What a meeting between Mugi and Hanabi ^^ Until the last chapter showing how horrible Mugi still was, I would not have been excited for this. But it seems that Mugi is slowly trying to make something of his life and move forward.

Hanabi looks so cool working in that club. She looks so mature, pretty, alive, and beautiful. I'm glad Mugi had the decency to tell her to WAIT instead of asking her to become his girlfriend right then and there. The way you are now, Mugi, you don't deserve her. She's working hard towards her dreams, moving on with her life. But you're starting to do that, and people do change. So I do hope Mugi and Hanabi get together and find the happiness they've always been searching for when Mugi has finally become a better person.

Solid 8/10. This Decor volume really makes the whole manga so much better and deeper than what it initially seemed to be. Wish we could've seen more, more about their lives AFTER this and how Mugi and Hanabi are together. But I suppose all we can do is imagine what it's like.
Feb 5, 9:24 AM
Jan 2016
Having just read Decor, I'm disappointed with how things went and wish I hadn't read it at all!

From a meta perspective one of the things I was happiest about when I first saw the Scum's Wish anime was the fact that Hanabi and Mugi didn't end up together in the end. Because that's exactly what I was expecting to happen from the moment I heard about the premise of the story. I gave Mengo a lot of credit for eschewing the cliche ending.

So having just read the manga for the first time and Decor as well and seeing that they do end up together... boo. Not that I have a better pairing for either of them, but I wish things hadn't ended this way. I am happy that Decor was not adapted into an extra episode or two.

More topics from this board

» About the adaptation…

TEMPEST_1 - Mar 23

1 by LiamTheLaz »»
Mar 23, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Décor Chapter 2 Discussion

EGOIST - Jan 31, 2018

5 by Quiddity131 »»
Feb 5, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2013

3 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 11:10 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

9 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Décor Chapter 5 Discussion

EGOIST - May 11, 2018

9 by marquinti2 »»
Jul 20, 2023 10:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.