Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Overlord' Receives Second Season

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 10, 2017 11:30 PM

Dec 2015
Finally. They kinda left where things actually got interesting so its about fucking time.

Meanwhile:
NGNL movie when?? ;___;
Mar 10, 2017 11:59 PM

Aug 2013
MADHOUSE broke their curse, they can make second seasons now

Mar 11, 2017 12:05 AM

Nov 2007
Guranto-kun said:

"Madhouse doesn't do second seasons."

Funny.

Add the following:

But I can understand the fans' sentiments here because MADHOUSE could have made sequels of the likes of Odo Nobuna no Yabou, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi etc. These are pretty good shows that could do with sequels. But what I personally need the most are Chihayafuru S3, Hunter x Hunter S2 and NANA S2. These three are MADHOUSE's some of the best anime till date that (certainly Chihayafuru and Hunter x Hunter) deserve way more than they have as far as adaptations go.

I haven't seen Overlord, but the fact that we are getting OPM 2, CCS: Clear Card-hen along with a couple of sequel movie adaptions announcements within a year says that MADHOUSE is definitely making more sequels than they ever had in the past.

They have so many titles but a majority of their adaptations are non-conclusive as they remain true to the source materials and leave fans to find out the rest by reading the source material, which is I think a signature of their adaptations.

MADHOUSE is definitely my second most favourite studio after KyoAni. But while KyoAni boasts amazing record when it comes to sales of both discs and merchandises, it pains me to see how MADHOUSE's shows are mostly miss's than hits. I honestly feel that the studio is not appreciated in Japan.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 11, 2017 12:19 AM

Oct 2016
Finally!! Best new today.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 11, 2017 12:20 AM

Aug 2012
WoAh!!!! It's weird that I'm rewatching it and currently on episode 9 :D

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Just one thing, I hope madhouse open there eyes a little wider and put a BUDGET on it.
Mar 11, 2017 12:31 AM

Dec 2014
Guranto-kun said:
Chihayafuru
Chihayafuru 2

Hajime no Ippo
Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger
Hajime no Ippo: Rising

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Hakairoku-hen

Gunslinger Girl
Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino

Diamond no Ace
Diamond no Ace: Second Season

"Madhouse doesn't do second seasons."

Funny.

Don't forget these :
Cardcaptor Sakura
Cardcaptor Sakura - Clear card Arc

Black Lagoon
Black Lagoon - The second Barrage

Tenjou Tenge
Tenjou Tenge - Ultimate fight

Tokyo Babylon
X/1999
X

Hadashi no gen
Hadashi no gen 2
Mar 11, 2017 12:42 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ayy kewl

I mean it's not NGNL but it's something
Mar 11, 2017 12:50 AM

Nov 2014
Fuck yeah! Nothing better than seeing news like that first thing in the morning.
Mar 11, 2017 12:57 AM

Apr 2015
I was waiting for this. I started reading the published version of the GN a couple of weeks ago and watched the anime
Mar 11, 2017 12:58 AM

Apr 2012
So, should we wait for the new seasons of Mahouka, NGNL and SAO?
Mar 11, 2017 1:17 AM

Dec 2015
Hell yesssssss, that's super awesome news!!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 11, 2017 1:36 AM

Jul 2015
Good for the fans
For me s1 was boring so I'll pass
Mar 11, 2017 1:44 AM
May 2015
Great news! I'm looking forward to seeing more of Ainz and Nazarick!
Mar 11, 2017 1:49 AM

Oct 2015
What a way to wake up in the morning and see this news almost shed a tear of happiness, really cant wait for this to air since for this was the best anime that aired that so relly hyped for the new season hopefully they wont let us wait to long maybe fall season would be good time to air it.
Mar 11, 2017 1:54 AM

Jul 2007
Kittens-kun said:

Edgy is a buzzword, so try again.

ITs a perfect descriptive for a show starring a neet-turned-giant-evil-skeleton-and-sporting-a-harem-of-absolutely-evil-people. DOn't get me wrong its an okay popcorn show, but the very point of that show is absolutely about making edgy cast star in an isekai.

Except while other edgy stuff like ReZero goes more for pure shock value(and I mean literally - building show on nothing but graphic suffering situations happening for sake of happening), Overlord goes for more of a garrish 80's edge - the kind of stuff you would find on cheaper heavy metal album covers or in your average 80's schoolboy's notebook. Again, the show is decent popcorn, but you consume it the same way you would consume more cheesy bands like Rhapsody of Fire - once is enough.

Symphyon said:

I don't think the series is at least a money making or money grabbing. Compared to SAO I do admit it has a bit more of the characters although the problem with this series is more on the pacing on the finale.

Overlord's whole premise is literally "let's take SAO and make it more edgy", first season sold decently and this anouncement comes RIGHT DURING SAO:Ordinal Scale movie cinema run. Its absolutely about money.

If they wanted to make Alderamin another season it's pretty much the decision of the production company and such stuff, though I'm not sure how Alderamin did well in terms of popularity / sales (I do like it don't get me wrong)

Won't happen. SOMEONE(*cough*Madhouse*cough*) forgot to market it and most of promos released literally makes the show look the opposite of what it actually is.

ExTz_Thomazz said:

Cardcaptor Sakura

Unclear if "second season".
Card-hen is manga-sequel to CCS manga and there's zero way to tie it to the CCS anime because CCS anime was anime original for most of its run.

Tokyo Babylon
X/1999
X

Not sequels or seasons. TB was OVA and is separate story from X. X movie was basically an advert for the manga but was popular enough to be turned into "full" series that still went all anime original.
AhenshihaelMar 11, 2017 2:00 AM
Mar 11, 2017 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
Kittens-kun said:

Edgy is a buzzword, so try again.

ITs a perfect descriptive for a show starring a neet-turned-giant-evil-skeleton-and-sporting-a-harem-of-absolutely-evil-people. DOn't get me wrong its an okay popcorn show, but the very point of that show is absolutely about making garrish edgy cast star in an isekai.

Symphyon said:

I don't think the series is at least a money making or money grabbing. Compared to SAO I do admit it has a bit more of the characters although the problem with this series is more on the pacing on the finale.

Overlord's whole premise is literally "let's take SAO and make it more edgy", first season sold decently and this anouncement comes RIGHT DURING SAO:Ordinal Scale movie cinema run. Its absolutely about money.

If they wanted to make Alderamin another season it's pretty much the decision of the production company and such stuff, though I'm not sure how Alderamin did well in terms of popularity / sales (I do like it don't get me wrong)

Won't happen. SOMEONE(*cough*Madhouse*cough*) forgot to market it and most of promos released literally makes the show look the opposite of what it actually is.

ExTz_Thomazz said:

Cardcaptor Sakura

Card-hen is manga-sequel to CCS manga and there's zero way to tie it to the CCS anime because CCS anime was anime original for most of its run.

Tokyo Babylon
X/1999
X

Not sequels or seasons. TB was OVA and is separate story from X. X movie was basically an advert for the manga but was popular enough to be turned into "full" series that still went all anime original.

To answer more on the response to me... I mean yeah, it's a bit edgy but does it make it bad per say? No it doesn't to some extent. There were parts where I did felt they could have been done better but that's just me.

Also you didn't actually answered much my question about the sales for Alderamin but you did answered for Overlord. But oh well I was curious anyways, considering you were saying it was good, but there could be something wrong or I'm not really sure what to point out. I know that S1 for Overlord sold very well and the boost of the LN increased massively after at least.
Mar 11, 2017 1:59 AM

Mar 2017
Please make this better than season 1, even though season 1 was amazing enough but I really wonder what will happened in the second season. MAYBE THEIRS ANOTHER HUMAN BEING WHO MANAGED TO SURVIVE.
Mar 11, 2017 2:10 AM

Feb 2014
Nice but why did i have to finish watching the first season just a few days ago it's going to be a long wait.
Dragon Kick Your Ass Into The Milky Way!

Mar 11, 2017 2:11 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Overlord was fun but forgetable.
Depending what will air this Fall maybe i'll watch it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 11, 2017 2:12 AM
Dec 2014
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Finally i fucking said it that they will absolutely announce S2 after the second Recap Movie Thank you Madhouse I love you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2017 2:12 AM

Jul 2007
Symphyon said:

Also you didn't actually answered much my question about the sales for Alderamin but you did answered for Overlord. But oh well I was curious anyways, considering you were saying it was good, but there could be something wrong or I'm not really sure what to point out. I know that S1 for Overlord sold very well and the boost of the LN increased massively after at least.

Alderamin bombed hard selling like between 200 and 300 BDs total.

Madhouse did not bother to advertise it beyond misleading trailers before the start. Generic-ized character deisgns did not help too.
Mar 11, 2017 3:39 AM

Mar 2015
HYPE IS REAL

I really enjoyed the first season (and to be honest, I dont even know why lol)
dont't watch that anime if you are going to give it 1* and cry 10000 words in review about it.
Mar 11, 2017 3:53 AM

Oct 2013
Great.....1st season was meh tbh, hopefukky 2nd season is better.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Mar 11, 2017 4:06 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Interesting, I wonder how much of the novel they'll cover.

And like everyone else said, hopefully NGNL S2 will be announced.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Mar 11, 2017 4:10 AM

Jun 2014
Madhouse really is breaking the curse. Season 1 was all right to me, didn't really care for it, but I'll still go ahead and watch season 2 to see where it goes.
thebrentinator24Mar 11, 2017 4:44 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 11, 2017 4:33 AM

Jan 2016
Oh yes so happy to see this :) especially since it's kind of a rarity for Madhouse to make 2nd seasons I am so Pumped :)

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Mar 11, 2017 4:33 AM

Jan 2016
Jicetus said:
Interesting, I wonder how much of the novel they'll cover.

And like everyone else said, hopefully NGNL S2 will be announced.

Agreed with NGNL S2 it'd be nice if they did :)

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Mar 11, 2017 4:55 AM

Apr 2014
"Update/New Announcement:"
MadHouse won't be animating it.

Good news, this better be aired as soon as possible.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 11, 2017 5:17 AM

Feb 2016
The most overrated series on MAL strikes again, I hope they show more tits and battles next season so it has at least some value

Im happy for you guys anyway
SpaghettiSpikeMar 11, 2017 5:21 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Mar 11, 2017 5:37 AM

Dec 2015
Since overlord s2 was announced, then, I want to see btooom s2 to be announce.
Mar 11, 2017 5:46 AM

Aug 2008
Arzogan said:
Since overlord s2 was announced, then, I want to see btooom s2 to be announce.

Unlike Overlord, Btooom did not sell well. However, if Btooom apps game sell well,ranked at top 5 in Japan, it will get season 2.

Btooom! App Producer: Anime Gets Season 2 If App Ranks #5 in Japan

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-02-28/btooom-app-producer-anime-gets-season-2-if-app-ranks-no.5-in-japan/.112794
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 11, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2014
Fai said:
ExTz_Thomazz said:

Cardcaptor Sakura

but its not zero possibility... it could tied up as a sequel with previous season if Madhouse want to do it ...
and its all up to the director :D
Mar 11, 2017 5:51 AM

Apr 2016
I keep meaning to watch it however I fell asleep twice when I started it :c ill have to give it another shot.
Mar 11, 2017 5:55 AM

Apr 2015
It's interesting how everyone here assumes it will be Madhouse producing this sequel. Neither this or OPM has been confirmed to be done by them again. With the Mahouka movie being given to another studio I'm not so sure about Madhouse being on this again.

So yeah people don't get ahead of yourself and let's wait for official confirmation.
Mar 11, 2017 6:16 AM
Aug 2014
I am excited for this. Yo, something to look forward to!
Mar 11, 2017 6:32 AM

May 2011
Nice. I thought the first season was entertaining so looking forward to this one.
Mar 11, 2017 7:33 AM

Nov 2011
Zapredon said:
So why is everyone saying Madhouse don't do sequel again?

They dont understand that madhouse has no power over it.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 11, 2017 7:37 AM

Feb 2012
Impressive, almost very nice, but not there yet.
Mar 11, 2017 8:09 AM

Mar 2016
Aww I'm excited for this :D
Mar 11, 2017 9:03 AM

Feb 2017
Season 1 of overlord was perfect compared to other stuck in the mmorpg animes. Good news but i hate watching 1 episode per week. Gotta wait till the new season is finished oh well.
BallardoMar 11, 2017 11:11 AM
Mar 11, 2017 9:41 AM

Sep 2013
Fai said:

ITs a perfect descriptive for a show starring a neet-turned-giant-evil-skeleton-and-sporting-a-harem-of-absolutely-evil-people. DOn't get me wrong its an okay popcorn show, but the very point of that show is absolutely about making edgy cast star in an isekai.

He's a salary man and evil is subjective.
If you want an edgy show go watch chaos dragon, overlord is like a great epic fantasy, it needs to be appreciated as a a whole not the sum of it's parts.
Mar 11, 2017 9:47 AM
Feb 2017
I can't wait, I loved the first series. It ended so suddenly that I thought there had to be a sequel planned but I had almost given up hope
Mar 11, 2017 10:15 AM

Sep 2014
I might watch Overlord in the future.But I'm still waiting for Alderamin on the Sky and NGNL's 2nd season.
Mar 11, 2017 10:36 AM

Apr 2008
What excellent NEWS!
Mar 11, 2017 11:07 AM

Dec 2015
This is either a stupid joke from Madhouse, or they have finally run out of things to do other than sequels.

So No game No life and Mahouka have a chance now eh?
Mar 11, 2017 11:07 AM

Jan 2016
Ballardo said:
Season 1 of overlord was perfect compared to other stuck in the mmorpg animes. Good news but i hate watching 1 episode per week. Gotta wait till the its finished oh wel.

Likewise tbh I think I might just wait until it comes to DVD which also works for me since I only watch dub and since FUNimation is pretty fast with dubbing and releasing now it probably wouldn't be to to long.

Mar 11, 2017 12:03 PM
Dec 2014
Fappa said:
It's interesting how everyone here assumes it will be Madhouse producing this sequel. Neither this or OPM has been confirmed to be done by them again. With the Mahouka movie being given to another studio I'm not so sure about Madhouse being on this again.

So yeah people don't get ahead of yourself and let's wait for official confirmation.

No.it's even more weird people like you keep talking that it will not be By Godhouse??!!!. CardCaptorSakura confirmed by Madhouse and No Game No Life also confirmed by Madhouse. Overlord two Recap Movies was done by Madhouse so S2 will surly be by Madhouse. In OPM case The director Natsume Shingo almost became a Madhouse employee and now he's diercting a show called ACCA13 by Madhouse so Madhouse will absolutely be the studio who's responsible for it.
H-X-HMar 11, 2017 12:07 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2017 12:07 PM

Aug 2012
It's about damn time.
Mar 11, 2017 12:11 PM
Dec 2014
I really hope it will be at least 22 episodes please Godhouse please
Mar 11, 2017 12:11 PM

Apr 2012
Was expecting more "All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!!!" in the replies.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.