Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2017 8:34 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Funny ghost.
Poor Ranma, he had that dream every night.
Lol, he still wants to elope with him.
Mar 24, 2017 6:26 PM

Jun 2016
What da fawk. weirdazz ghost.
May 24, 2019 10:50 PM

Aug 2015
Interesting episode, though kinda stupid. Ranma makes use of his female form to feel liberated to do things he ordinary would feel constrained to do as a male. It reveals a silly rigidity of gender norms (sweets are for *girls!*) at the same time it presents crossing gender lines as a liberatory experience.

I like that the anime is being a little more inventive and daring with another girl-Ranma date episode (I believe the first was a sham-date with Kuno or something like that). Ranma sure got suckered into a date by this guy though...
Jun 14, 2021 3:05 AM

Nov 2015
glassknuckles said:
Interesting episode, though kinda stupid. Ranma makes use of his female form to feel liberated to do things he ordinary would feel constrained to do as a male. It reveals a silly rigidity of gender norms (sweets are for *girls!*) at the same time it presents crossing gender lines as a liberatory experience.

I like that the anime is being a little more inventive and daring with another girl-Ranma date episode (I believe the first was a sham-date with Kuno or something like that). Ranma sure got suckered into a date by this guy though...

well, we've had one specific rule like that in the west too not so long ago but with drinks, specially the alcoholic ones where a dude can't drink the sweet sugary ones lmao but instead they must be bitter and strong xD

💢

Jul 18, 2021 3:21 AM

Apr 2013
Weird episode, a date with a ghost? Okay.
Jul 29, 2021 4:21 AM
Aug 2020
da f*ck they doin ova der?
Aug 19, 2021 12:44 AM

Jun 2021
once again a episode of the very last ones that i never forgot, alternating weird moments because of the old ghost and others very charming, such as girl Ranma finally acting actually feminine in those wonderful clothes for the date, or the entire group imagining the cherry trees blossomings at a construction site. The final twist... ok, Ranma's rage was very justified this time.
Jun 16, 2022 7:45 AM

Jan 2018
The old geezer's story was sad... but I couldn't overlook the fact that he basically threatened and blackmailed Ranma to go on a date with him... and with the final (predictable) twist saying he eloped with Gyoko after all made this so much worse.

Aside from that this was a dumb but fun episode. Dumb episodes tend to be more fun than serious ones.
Nov 2, 2022 10:23 AM
Dec 2013
One of the worst, stupidest fucking episodes I've seen in all of anime. Absolutely hated this episode. I just wanted this episode to end. Thank God it wasn't a two-parter.
wildhoodNov 16, 2022 7:10 PM
Jan 21, 2023 12:56 AM

May 2019
This episode has a potential to be a good episode but it was all ruined by the geezer himself. Kinda has a similar tone to the UY's Nozomi Last Date episode. The difference is the UY one is sincere while this one is just shit. At least Ranma was right, "it ain't funny."
VivaceRexJan 21, 2023 1:21 AM

More topics from this board

» This is just another harem show

DuckDummy - Jan 28, 2018

2 by case649 »»
May 12, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 49 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

23 by otakitty »»
May 9, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 59 Discussion

enkil - Aug 13, 2009

11 by TheColonel76 »»
May 9, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 58 Discussion

enkil - Aug 12, 2009

13 by TheColonel76 »»
May 9, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 82 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Mar 1, 2017

5 by Ranxomare »»
May 8, 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.