Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2009 10:38 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
... it was weird seeing ranma like that.
though it was fun seeing the roles reversed between the male and female. kind of like if ranma was a female to begin with.
though they killed it at the end, that was unnecessary :/
Jul 8, 2010 10:59 PM

Jan 2008
Hahaha, great episode, very interesting plot. Ranma is an awesome cook, who woulda thought! And it was hilarious when Kasumi was like "If Akane were a boy you two would be perfectly balanced" :)
Nov 7, 2010 7:59 AM

Sep 2009
LOL totally loved it. Ranma acting like a girl even as a boy was hilarious XD
especially with the underwear.
Interesting how Akane almost became honest with her feelings!
Jan 9, 2011 9:31 PM

May 2010
I felt like they could have milked this idea for another episode or two and still have it be hilarious, and even possibly insightful. Oh well, on to the next gag :)
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 20, 2012 1:09 PM

Jun 2012
Whoa. Awesome episode!!! Girltype takes control, male ranma drowns in the immense mass of her personality. It could ve been a lot worse but it ended up alright... More or less
"For every confession that is made, there is someone that is dumped" -Harima Kenji
Apr 19, 2016 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode! I wouldn't actually mind if he stays this way for more chapters.
Shame he/she didn't crawl into Akane's bed out of fear at night :D
May 7, 2016 5:56 PM
Apr 2016
Now he thinks he's a woman, so funny lol.
Feb 23, 2017 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
I liked this Ranma better than the normal one.
Dec 16, 2017 6:56 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty good episode.

Maybe he should've been left like that lol

I ship Akane x girl-type Ranma
May 2, 2018 11:36 PM

Jan 2010

Many years ago, I laughed like hell while watching this episode. Now that I've rewatched it, not only was it funny, but I also noticed how strangely well animated this episode was. In the first part, the art also had greater detail, as per the amount of shading present.
Feb 3, 2019 10:11 AM
Feb 2018
I think this may have been one of the best episodes of the series. The animation was much better in the beginning for some reason, the shading was nice. We got Akane showing some emotion for missing the Male Ramna. 5/5.
Apr 10, 2020 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the opening training scene, that was great along with this episodes different animation. Hope this is permanent. Just a good episode.
Mar 26, 2021 2:08 PM

Aug 2017
Comedy gold. Very interesting episode, too.
Jun 5, 2021 8:03 AM

Apr 2013
I remember this episode, felt like this was the female ranma personality deep inside him coming out haha.
Jul 10, 2021 8:28 AM
Jun 2020
Really liked this one too haha. Getting away from the tiring, endless Happosai stuff and just having some good old slice-of-life mall, shopping, ice cream adventure with Akane and girl-type Ranma.

Good catch on the animation on that first fight too, that was snazzy.
Jul 28, 2021 3:48 AM

Jun 2021
amnesia episodes after a hit on the head were so common in the 80's and 90's, but this is the absolute best ever watched on my account. Not gonna lie, this version of girl Ranma was extremely enjoyable, i would have loved to watch an entire multi episodes arc of him/her still acting at this level of lady-like (and he was funny even when transformed back into a male).
Apr 16, 2022 12:01 AM

Jan 2018
If Ranma just permanently became one gender instead of switching back and forth it'd make his life a lot easier, even if he was stuck as a girl forever I guess.

Ranma as a full woman was so cute. It's like the spirit of the girl who drowned in the Jusenkyo Hotspring took control. That probably isn't the case but it's worth thinking about. I liked the date segment with Akane and girly Ranma. Need more of just Akane x Ranma moments.

Probably one of the best episodes of the series with a concept I hoped would be done.
Oct 1, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2019
Easily one of the best episodes so far and it's a good filler. This is the first time Ranma is being very feminine when he is in the girl form and it's also a good insight into what Akane really feels about Ranma. It's kinda a missed opportunity for the show when it's barely explored how Ranma actually feels when she transformed into a girl's body compared to his normal state.

Dec 19, 2022 2:08 AM
Dec 2015
the team that worked on this episode went above and beyond with it, and i loved every minute. i hope we get more episodes like this in the future. i was curious and looked up details on who the episode director was for this, and supposedly it's kazuhiro furuhashi? cool if true
Jun 19, 2023 1:39 PM
Jan 2022
Este ha tenido todo el rato mi atención, aunque reconozcamos que ha envejecido un pelín mal ^^u
Jul 15, 2023 2:21 PM

Aug 2011
This episode impressively delves into gender dysphoria as Ranma awakens with his usual jusenkyo-affect bodies, but now with female gender; subsequently, Ranma struggles with her male form and explicitly demonstrates some of the painful realities affecting individuals with gender dysphoria (in this case mtf) who are poorly or untreated.

It seems like this is simply a one-off episode, but the potential here for a longer arc, or recurring instances of female-gendered ranma; are/were quite large. This episode addresses a subject matter which was poorly publicised in it's time in quite a commendable fashion. The only regret from this episode, is that it wasn't continued in subsequent episodes; it was very insightful and illuminating, and interesting for the story. 

( It also managed to bring Kasumi more directly into the story, which was another highlight; and brought a keen spotlight onto Akane's feelings, and Ranma's cooking. )

VyaiskayaJul 15, 2023 2:27 PM
Jul 28, 2023 5:52 PM
Jul 2023
This episode was so trans-coded, I loved it so much. It was cool to see gender dysphoria (mtf anyway) represented in this anime and at this time.
Apr 18, 7:07 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It seems they stepped up the quality for this one, not just for that well animated fight between Ranma and Genma at the beginning, but most of the episode felt like it looked slightly better than usual, and I can see why as this was a great episode, I’d say a cut above some of the other one episode stories we’ve had so far. We basically saw Ranma being the complete opposite of how he usually is, so it’s like if he was always a girl but fell into a spring that turns him into a boy, there was some good comedy to be had from it but it was also kinda scary, I was feeling a bit of what Akane was feeling, like this isn’t even Ranma anymore, a completely different character.

And I had a feeling they’d fix Ranma back by the same thing happening again where he hit his head, but what I wasn’t expecting for him to hit his head a third time which broke him completely lol, that made me laugh. It was fun while it lasted but I’m happy having the actual Ranma back, I see some folks in this thread wanted more of feminine Ranma but imo this episode pretty much explored all there was to do with it, I don’t think you could get much more out of it because it’s like I said before, this was a completely different character and it’s not Ranma, maybe an SoL spin-off would work but that wouldn’t be Ranma1/2 lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 53 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

10 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 52 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

8 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 51 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

6 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 23, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 50 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

7 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 23, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 48 Discussion

enkil - Aug 6, 2009

5 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 6:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.