Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Mar 4, 2017 5:55 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 26705
The official website for the seiyuu unit Sphere has announced that the unit will enter a "recharging mode" (taking a break / hiatus) and will suspend group activities, which will take place after their live tour in summer, to prepare for their upcoming 10th anniversary.

Sphere consists of four seiyuus: Haruka Tomatsu, Minako Kotobuki, Ayahi Takagaki, and Aki Toyosaki. The unit began their activities in February 2009 and sung theme songs for many anime series such as Otome Youkai Zakuro, Hanasaku Iroha, Arata Kangatari, Soushin Shoujo Matoi, and more. Even though there will not be any CD releases nor live concerts from the group, each member will still remain active as a seiyuu artist.

Source: Otakomu
Modified by tsubasalover, Mar 4, 2017 7:34 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
#2
Mar 4, 2017 6:10 AM
Self-produce.

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1144
Remember when they were good?
pew pew

In all seriousness they are generally really busy so they must be loving the off time.
 
#3
Mar 4, 2017 6:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5643
I guess they deserve a break and have more time for others in their busy schedule.
 
#4
Mar 4, 2017 9:20 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 3
Sure, i will miss them TT
 
#5
Mar 4, 2017 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 122
I guess they deserve it after all.
 
#6
Mar 5, 2017 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 33
Get some well-deserved rest, you girls have earned it~!
 
#7
Mar 5, 2017 4:48 AM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1806
Its a shame but all of them are veteran seiyuu's and it will be hard to balance out their singing careers with their seiyuu careers. I hope that they will be able to resume their musical careers at some point though

But for now please use the downtime when not voice acting to get some rest girls
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#8
Mar 5, 2017 9:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1758
Looks like no hope for others 3 Sphere members appear in Symphogear season 4 and 5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#9
Mar 6, 2017 1:23 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 33
Some clarification: They won't release any new CDs or do any live concerts as a group between the end of the tour in October and the 10th anniversary (which technically is in February 2019, but who knows if they start celebrating in January or not)

They will continue with their respective solo careers (CDs. concerts), seiyuu work, and keep doing the weekly Pl@net Sphere web radio show together.
 
Mar 7, 2017 12:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
I was looking at random article for no reason, and random clicking on random member. Somehow I ended up at Haruka Tomatsu page, and found out that she voiced Gintoki. *MIND BLOWN*
 
Mar 7, 2017 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 37
RavenxChaser said:
I was looking at random article for no reason, and random clicking on random member. Somehow I ended up at Haruka Tomatsu page, and found out that she voiced Gintoki. *MIND BLOWN*


That would be Ginko (girl Gintoki). Male Gintoki is voiced by Sugita Tomokazu, of course.
 
Mar 20, 2017 12:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 195
Shingster said:
Its a shame but all of them are veteran seiyuu's and it will be hard to balance out their singing careers with their seiyuu careers. I hope that they will be able to resume their musical careers at some point though

But for now please use the downtime when not voice acting to get some rest girls


Are they still considered popular? Or could this be the start of being phased out by the next generation?
 
Mar 20, 2017 1:11 PM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1806
boukendesho said:
Shingster said:
Its a shame but all of them are veteran seiyuu's and it will be hard to balance out their singing careers with their seiyuu careers. I hope that they will be able to resume their musical careers at some point though

But for now please use the downtime when not voice acting to get some rest girls


Are they still considered popular? Or could this be the start of being phased out by the next generation?


Are you referring to the unit or the seiyuu's themselves ?
If its the latter then yes they are still popular and the seuyuu industry needs every single skilled seiyuu that it can get its hands on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 20, 2017 10:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 195
Shingster said:
boukendesho said:


Are they still considered popular? Or could this be the start of being phased out by the next generation?


Are you referring to the unit or the seiyuu's themselves ?
If its the latter then yes they are still popular and the seuyuu industry needs every single skilled seiyuu that it can get its hands on.


Seiyuu themselves (don't really listen their songs except when in anime).

Haruka Tomatsu can continue to live off of SAO, but it seems like the others are now more relegated to support roles? Hence my question.

(I don't watch all their work - just an impression)
 
Mar 21, 2017 1:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1887
boukendesho said:
Shingster said:


Are you referring to the unit or the seiyuu's themselves ?
If its the latter then yes they are still popular and the seuyuu industry needs every single skilled seiyuu that it can get its hands on.


Seiyuu themselves (don't really listen their songs except when in anime).

Haruka Tomatsu can continue to live off of SAO, but it seems like the others are now more relegated to support roles? Hence my question.

(I don't watch all their work - just an impression)


I can vouch for Ayahi, no clue on the others but pretty sure they all have a solo singing career. Wasn't Sphere a formed of seyuu/singer? As for Ayahi, she has been doing solo work for some time already. she had her3rd concert tour not too long ago and released a single this past Jan. (she's also still in SAO, lol.)


 
Mar 21, 2017 8:28 AM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1806
boukendesho said:
Shingster said:


Are you referring to the unit or the seiyuu's themselves ?
If its the latter then yes they are still popular and the seuyuu industry needs every single skilled seiyuu that it can get its hands on.


Seiyuu themselves (don't really listen their songs except when in anime).

Haruka Tomatsu can continue to live off of SAO, but it seems like the others are now more relegated to support roles? Hence my question.

(I don't watch all their work - just an impression)


Of the four Haruka is still a capable seiyuu and she also has a solo career thats doing pretty well for all intents and purposes. Even without SAO she still has plenty of roles. Aki and Ayahi are similar in that they both have solo music careers that do reasonably well. Though in this regard Aki seems to be doing better as she has more roles. Side note Aki's one of my favorite seiyuu's having seen her performance in Ange Vierge last year.

Of the remaining one Minako Kotobuki the only role i seen her in was in Ange Vierge where she had a lead role. While she did do well that was just one role.

So maybe it was a good idea to let them focus on their seiyuu careers instead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 21, 2017 10:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 195
MelbShaw said:
boukendesho said:


Seiyuu themselves (don't really listen their songs except when in anime).

Haruka Tomatsu can continue to live off of SAO, but it seems like the others are now more relegated to support roles? Hence my question.

(I don't watch all their work - just an impression)


I can vouch for Ayahi, no clue on the others but pretty sure they all have a solo singing career. Wasn't Sphere a formed of seyuu/singer? As for Ayahi, she has been doing solo work for some time already. she had her3rd concert tour not too long ago and released a single this past Jan. (she's also still in SAO, lol.)


True, though it's going to be "More Deban" time soon for her in SAO 3 unfortunately. Great to hear she's doing well otherwise; the seiyuu industry seems to push for new blood in lieu of veterans every year.
 
Mar 21, 2017 10:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 195
Shingster said:

Of the four Haruka is still a capable seiyuu and she also has a solo career thats doing pretty well for all intents and purposes. Even without SAO she still has plenty of roles. Aki and Ayahi are similar in that they both have solo music careers that do reasonably well. Though in this regard Aki seems to be doing better as she has more roles. Side note Aki's one of my favorite seiyuu's having seen her performance in Ange Vierge last year.

Of the remaining one Minako Kotobuki the only role i seen her in was in Ange Vierge where she had a lead role. While she did do well that was just one role.

So maybe it was a good idea to let them focus on their seiyuu careers instead.


My impression was that the seiyuu industry seems to push for new blood and relegate veterans to support roles, so it's great to hear that they are still getting main roles. Aki is a favorite of mine as well, and I hope all of them can continue finding success with their seiyuu careers.
 
Mar 21, 2017 11:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1887
boukendesho said:
Shingster said:

Of the four Haruka is still a capable seiyuu and she also has a solo career thats doing pretty well for all intents and purposes. Even without SAO she still has plenty of roles. Aki and Ayahi are similar in that they both have solo music careers that do reasonably well. Though in this regard Aki seems to be doing better as she has more roles. Side note Aki's one of my favorite seiyuu's having seen her performance in Ange Vierge last year.

Of the remaining one Minako Kotobuki the only role i seen her in was in Ange Vierge where she had a lead role. While she did do well that was just one role.

So maybe it was a good idea to let them focus on their seiyuu careers instead.


My impression was that the seiyuu industry seems to push for new blood and relegate veterans to support roles, so it's great to hear that they are still getting main roles. Aki is a favorite of mine as well, and I hope all of them can continue finding success with their seiyuu careers.


Not necessarily, such as Mamiko Noto making a return and especially once Jogoku Shoujo gets its new season.


 
Mar 24, 2017 10:29 PM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 26705
Sphere will participate in Anisama 2017 The Card on August 26, though.
https://twitter.com/anisama/status/845483083767828480

Modified by tsubasalover, Mar 31, 2017 9:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Mar 25, 2017 11:45 AM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1806
MelbShaw said:
boukendesho said:


My impression was that the seiyuu industry seems to push for new blood and relegate veterans to support roles, so it's great to hear that they are still getting main roles. Aki is a favorite of mine as well, and I hope all of them can continue finding success with their seiyuu careers.


Not necessarily, such as Mamiko Noto making a return and especially once Jogoku Shoujo gets its new season.


Hmm while im familiar with Mamiko Noto its more of in a support role. In fact in terms of main roles i only seen her in a handful of roles with the best ones being Muv Luv alternative and the persona 3 series of movies. She doesn't stand out but her voice is steady and she has a good range. Loving her in Urara at the moment.

Still its nice that she's making a return though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 9, 2017 4:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 33
MelbShaw said:
I can vouch for Ayahi, no clue on the others but pretty sure they all have a solo singing career. Wasn't Sphere a formed of seyuu/singer? As for Ayahi, she has been doing solo work for some time already. she had her3rd concert tour not too long ago and released a single this past Jan. (she's also still in SAO, lol.)

At the time the group was formed, Haruka was the only member who had put out solo CDs. As far as their solo careers go, Haruka is the #1 most popular, then I would estimate Aki & Minako's more pop oriented style, closely followed by Ayahi's opera/musicals. But none of them have any problems selling out 2-3,000 seat venues.

Haruka and Aki have as mentioned plenty of voice acting roles, in addition to their solo music careers.

Ayahi also stars in plays and musicals from time to time (currently busy playing Lucy in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown), and as far as relatively stable anime roles goes, there's Chris in Symphogear.

Minako doesn't seem to have much anime work lined up right now, but she has often shown more interest in singing and dancing than voice acting, so she might be doing more stage work. And it's been a while since her last solo concert tour, so there's likely to be one in 2018.

Also, since TrySail is signed to the same office and appear to rise in popularity pretty fast, it's possible the producers want to free up some of their time to give more focus on them.
 
Apr 12, 2017 11:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1887
Sparvid said:
Also, since TrySail is signed to the same office and appear to rise in popularity pretty fast, it's possible the producers want to free up some of their time to give more focus on them.


Now that you've mentioned it, I did notice western wotas talking about them more often.


 
Top