Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 19, 2019 7:25 AM

Jul 2009
Tanya's ability to find loopholes in war regulations is entertaining. I have a feeling that Grantz will get a massive earful from her. She will also likely have a showdown with the dad who's now empowered by Being X.

I like this new ending more than first.
SkittlesMar 19, 2019 7:54 AM
Apr 10, 2019 9:38 PM

Aug 2018
A pretty good tale of a descent into pure evil.
Jun 7, 2019 4:58 AM

Apr 2018
Cool that guy is still alive. It seems that he will get some sort of powers from God. Next episodes are going to be badass
Jun 11, 2019 8:06 AM
May 2018
why did they feel the need to switch the ending?
Jul 6, 2019 9:11 AM

Apr 2009
That looks like the fountain from Stalingrad? Hmmm...

She wrote a paper about it, how convenient.

He managed surviving being stabbed through the gut so what's a little hypothermia, God's miracle again!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 10, 2019 1:36 PM
Jun 2013
to be honest what did they think would happen. They got a warning which was basically give up the captured people or die. Also what happened to the comedy? Is this going to be the new tone now if so then im starting to lose interest.
souledge94Oct 10, 2019 1:43 PM
Oct 31, 2019 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
>warn civilians you're going to attack the city
>civilians don't leave
>show goes full "omg civilians are dying DON'T YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT THE HORRORS OF WAR?!?!"
No I don't. Why didn't they leave? Am I missing something here? This destroyed my suspension of disbelief.

Also the ED is nowhere near as good as the old one.
Nov 4, 2019 12:43 PM
Sep 2007
That poor blonde soldier... This is what war does to people who aren't sociopaths. That's why war was supposed to have rules (like not killing unarmed civilians). Rules that Tanya abandoned for efficiency. Did he try to shoot Tanya? I wouldn't be surprised.
Dec 8, 2019 10:31 AM

Oct 2013
Damn, they really want to exterminate whole city. It reminds me of the case of Warsaw Uprising from 1944. It was World War II, although this anime mixes a lot of concepts of warfare and only gives world War I themes a major role.

By the way, why Tanya's eyes changed their colour from blue to green? Was it because of strong lights from her gear or is it because of magic, like transition from blue to yellow eyes after praying to God?

Oh, and Mary's father is alive! :D
Feb 7, 2020 7:15 PM

Mar 2010
They are doing nothing wrong, they are just following orders.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 1, 2020 12:37 PM

Mar 2020
That fucker is still alive. Loved this episode
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 15, 2020 8:49 PM

Aug 2019
damn that was a really strong episode. Was waiting to see an episode on how Tanya responded to Milita/rebels and they really did a great job at highlighting the casualties of civilians in war due to the cross fire they could get in, more importantly they did a good job at highlighting both view points on it as well.
In general terms, killing of civilians is obviously wrong. Killing the innocent or their friends and family, who never chose to be any part of the war is quite literally horrible but due to circumstances it's almost 100% unavoidable and due to this, it is probably one of the grimmest factors of war. I'm not surprised even the elitist (especially Tanya's company) of soldiers would of snapped after seeing what they had contributed to.
However looking at it from Tanya's (or empires) pov, a city wide alert warning people that if they stayed in the city they would be branded as an enemy was given to everyone in the area and by choosing to ignore the warning they pretty much signed their own death certificate. Also like Tanya said, i bet the ratio of people rebelling against the Empire compared to moving one is gonna way higher. I mean can you really blame someone for suddenly joining the fight after they saw their, home, friends, family get completely obliterated right in front of them? Makes sense Tanya would just take them out beforehand instead of waiting to see who would, but by then i guess it would already be too late.
Either way episode was pretty grim but i think most military-styled anime's should definitely highlight on civilian casualties especially since we've had 2 quite brutal world wars ourselves.
Dec 4, 2020 7:19 AM

Feb 2020
This new ending doesn't at all fit the show's tone, it's weird. It almost paints Tanya as some kind of tragic hero and well, we all know that's not what she is.

Now this episode surprised me, because for once, I actually have been able to feel the tension, to comprehend how awful the war is, and to see how evil Tanya is.
Until now everything felt way too superficial, but here I was actually stressed for the characters and Tanya felt truly threatening, which is something I've been wishing to see since the beginning because well, it's supposed to be "The saga of Tanya the Evil", not "The saga of Tanya the crazy weirdo who's evil but who cares she's the only entertaining element in this show".
It's actually interesting to see how the show seems to finally take her seriously, we haven't gotten a single funny scene with her in this episode and that feels refreshing. It's also interesting to see how she's gradually destroying her facade, and now it seems like people will actually fight against her, at least I hope they will because seeing her just do whatever she wants and get away with everything is really annoying because of being way too predictable.
Now Being X apparently decided for this guy at the end to fight against Tanya ? Has he given up on her ? That's intriguing.
And that reminds me of the girl from last episode. Considering that she apparently will play a role in the future I bet she's gonna try to avenge her father.
And one last thing, I wonder what happened with the guy who broke down. Who did he shoot ? Tanya ? The crowd ? Himself ?

Oh and something I forgot to mention, is that I like how Tanya's using the excuse of "following orders" to destroy everything. Because yes, she is following orders, they all are, and their choice is understandable, but while the soldiers still have some compassion for the citizens, it isn't her case. She doesn't care about the casualties among civilians as long as the result is positive for her.

Edit : I just realized, the guy who woke up at the end is the girl's father ?! Now I'm really intrigued.
FafetteDec 4, 2020 7:58 AM
Mar 17, 2021 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
That definitely was a hard mission on her company, they had to kill civilians. Also that one old dude is still alive and it seems X powered him up quite a bit. Maybe a worthy opponent after all?
May 3, 2021 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
Re-watching
Yes, kill everyone in the city who did not evacuate. Mwuahahaha!

Being X is cheating again on Tanya, why!? They say that the guy from Fjord's body has been unconscious and floating on the sea for months but how is he still alive? Being X's work.
Jun 21, 2021 6:35 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Another dark episode indeed! This one puts forth the question of civilians in wartime who offer up deadly resistance. I felt a tug of my memory for the My Lai massacre in the Vietnam conflict. The anime seems to have progressed from a cute but maniacal girl with a gun to a ice cold soldier.
Oct 15, 2021 10:14 AM
Nov 2020
To be fair
The Citizen was warned about the attack TWICE
Also the commander who "protect" the city is too simple minded that he think he can hold the city for a much longer
Nov 11, 2021 6:26 AM
Jul 2020
I absolutely love this show! I've always love to see military related stuff and this anime is perfect, tho it also points out the harsh reality of wars, and the fact that some of the things that happend in the anime could have happend in reality.
Jan 22, 2022 12:08 PM

May 2020
Even civilians got mixed up, that's a bit unfair really. But still no place for those feelings of compassion, that's the incredible sense of duty Tanya has. Also Mary's father got his consciousness back, and it seems to be the play of being X.
Aug 29, 2022 1:44 PM

Apr 2022
Obvious reference to the "Republic" of Poland, and the Warsaw Uprising. As a Polish person, this episode hit extra hard, but I'm glad this show doesn't glorify genocide.
May 15, 2023 7:28 PM
Jan 2022
SASAGEYO, SASAGEYO
Jul 30, 2023 12:26 AM

Feb 2019
Serebryakova sure is cute. Is she called Visha? Her eating to her heart's content was really cute.

I can safely call this "War Crimes: The Anime" now.
Aug 27, 2023 2:45 AM

Apr 2020
His faith in god revived him from the dead and he's powerful than before. Goddammit just die already.
Dec 15, 2023 8:04 AM

Nov 2023
Well damn, after all that deadly stuff the guy is still standing
Apr 17, 8:42 AM
Oct 2017
I find the OP song to be rather uncomfortable, it's not like a dark fun song, but a song so cryptically weird, yeah I guess it fits but I don't eanna listen to it.
Apr 17, 8:45 AM
Oct 2017
Also this anime has been super boring.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.