Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2017 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
Yey, more of these threads.

It's a question that has been intriguing me, sometimes people say that they care too much, sometimes I simply feel that they exaggerate or can't be honest, sometimes people say they are easy. But what you guys think?

I think there's still a lot of taboo or stereotypes, and I feel like girls gotta be more honest and open about it, but anyways.
And yes, I know it pretty much depends on place and culture, but let's focus on the avarage western one.
FragMentizedFeb 19, 2017 9:00 AM
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Feb 19, 2017 8:17 AM

Jul 2015
I mean it depends on the woman...
Personally my standards are hella high. But I realize it's also not fair on my part to expect great things from guys when I'm just average lol
Feb 19, 2017 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
[insert banal platitude about how everyone is unique and have different standards regardless of gender]
Feb 19, 2017 11:29 AM

Jun 2014
Yes, they do have high standards. I blame it on their Mothers, as they raise them to be submissive princesses who expect men to do everything for them. 90% of Canadian women under 40 don't even know how to boil water.

Feb 19, 2017 11:33 AM

Feb 2010
it depends on age obviously younger women higher standards
Feb 19, 2017 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
not really
atleast not around here
do you mean high standards by looks, or?
i see qties here all the time with average generic looking dudes

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Feb 19, 2017 12:39 PM

Aug 2007
Pretty sure someone else made a topic exactly like this the other day that I responded in. But I guess I'll respond once more!

I honestly sometimes believe women have too high of standards, and I think part of it is because of the rise of social media/tinder etc, where everything is literally all about physical attraction and aggressively pushing the illusion that you are a socially active, interesting person. The women that say things like "I love the outdoors and going on adventures" is most likely exaggerated, when they're likely sitting on their ass rewatching every season of Friends for the 200th time when they're not working or going to school.

Online dating/app dating has completely changed the dating game, for the worst, and it allows women to be unreasonably picky; as if they have this laundry list of things a man must have in order to date them, such as having a beard, being over 6 foot, making over 80K a year etc.

Not saying that men aren't guilty of having high/shallow standards as well, but from my perspective I feel that a lot of women do this.

Feb 19, 2017 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
My standards are not "too high" imo. I think they are pretty normal, like kindness, intelligence, good manners, an average appearance is enough with a cute face you love to look at, good hygiene and they try to achieve something = they don't live on others their whole life without trying.

I do care about the body physique insofar that extremes are really unattractive to me. So to speak being seriously obesed or the opposite. A little bit over- or underweight isn't that big deal for me.
On the other side, everybody has a type and there is nothing wrong with it. So, I have to admit that too shy guys, who aren't able to speak up for themselves, or constantly whining and bitterness is a no go.
Just don't push it too far and ignore everyone with the "false hair color", "he's five kilos 'overweight'" or anything like that.
But at the same time, it's hard for me to feel attraction towards too manly women. Not just their appearance, also their behavior. There are a few individual no gos for every human being and they have nothing to do with the other person.

Intelligence and a mind I'm interested in is one of the most important things for me. One of the most important things.
An ugly personality ruins everything: A high IQ, good looks, good manner (if someone is a cunt, it's only a show to please others), good hygiene and great fashion sense, a great income etc...
The last one isn't even important for me. Just try to do something with your life. To be interested in a subject, having knowlegde and being determined about it is very sexy. It really is. xD As long as there isn't an serious obsession and a tunnel vision because of it or like that.
I prefer speaking or listening about a subject someone is fascinated by, over some intimate activities at any time.
Oh and also love for animals or at least not loathing them.

It's just very difficult for me to fall in love. There's just nothing else than friendship for the majority of the people I would be theoretically attracted to.
I'm also sexually attracted to almost nobody. For me, it's more like "yeah, he's handsome or she's really beautiful", but I'm not seriously attracted to them in the most cases.
Feb 19, 2017 3:07 PM

Mar 2016
A lot of the women I know (friends/coworkers) have low standards in my opinion, but I don't think they'd make the best partners themselves so maybe that's why. I've seen a few vocal women with ridiculous standards, but they tend to be the minority from my personal experience. My standard stays at what I can provide for in the relationship as well, I expect what I give and that's all.
Feb 19, 2017 3:25 PM

May 2016
That question's way too general. Some people would call a woman 'picky' if she's shallow and only goes after millionaires. Some people think a woman's 'picky' if she won't sleep with them after one date. Some people think that anyone who won't go out with them is 'picky'. And I know it works the other way around, like guys who only date blondes. I don't really get the idea of having a 'type' I think you just like whoever you end up liking.
Feb 19, 2017 4:01 PM

Feb 2015
The main question would be: Are women with high standard willing to go below her standard to accept the love of a man?

Heck, even men have standards, it just depends whether both will compromise with that, and willing to go below their standards. In a general way, standards are not half bad, it is just that ppl think of it as a golden rule within ppl that "if they have stuff like this, they sure will follow it", whereas in most cases, that might not be the case.
Feb 19, 2017 4:03 PM

Mar 2014
Unlike men women would never try to fuck a tree
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 19, 2017 4:08 PM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:

I'm still sure there's some few sane women who would do that.
Feb 19, 2017 4:09 PM

Mar 2014
_Ako_ said:
Trust me

No such thing will ever happen
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 19, 2017 4:16 PM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
_Ako_ said:
Trust me

No such thing will ever happen

Ohhh trust me, in some random, parallel world( the fuck is this) everything will be the opposite of what you know.
Feb 19, 2017 4:22 PM

Dec 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Well, you didn't get my joke, I meant that you could pretend twigs are dicks :c
Feb 19, 2017 4:23 PM

Mar 2014
_Ako_ said:
Ohhh trust me, in some random, parallel world( the fuck is this) everything will be the opposite of what you know.
That wouldn't even happen there
Frag- said:
A woman would never use a twig as a dildo
Nico- said:
Feb 19, 2017 4:29 PM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
_Ako_ said:
That wouldn't even happen there
Frag- said:
A woman would never use a twig as a dildo

Well I'm sure women will use a highly made twig dildo. To prove their high standard in men and in dildo.
Feb 19, 2017 4:36 PM

Mar 2014
_Ako_ said:
Well I'm sure women will use a highly made twig dildo. To prove their high standard in men and in dildo.
Please stop projecting your impure thoughts onto me
Nico- said:
Feb 19, 2017 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
Personal experience says yes. Not once have I ever met enough of a woman's standards to be considered a suitable mating partner.
One might argue that this is a problem with me since I'm the only common factor but these same people will likely turn right around and spout that bullshit about how everybody's different and so on.
If that were the case then you'd think I'd be somewhat acceptable to at least one of the hundreds of women I've interacted with over the years but that is not the case. 24 years and not even a hint of being boyfriend material.

These same women, however, will fall all over any guy that does meet their ridiculous (usually physical) requirements and will absolutely have sex with him at the first given opportunity.

I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Feb 19, 2017 4:48 PM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
_Ako_ said:
Please stop projecting your impure thoughts onto me

Mhh.. Not really projecting anything unless you want me to do it...xD

Ohh... Tat is bad...

Negative-Travis said:
Personal experience says yes. Not once have I ever met enough of a woman's standards to be considered a suitable mating partner.
One might argue that this is a problem with me since I'm the only common factor but these same people will likely turn right around and spout that bullshit about how everybody's different and so on.
If that were the case then you'd think I'd be somewhat acceptable to at least one of the hundreds of women I've interacted with over the years but that is not the case. 24 years and not even a hint of being boyfriend material.

These same women, however, will fall all over any guy that does meet their ridiculous (usually physical) requirements and will absolutely have sex with him at the first given opportunity.

As the time passes by, standards of men and women increases to a certain extend.
Feb 19, 2017 6:43 PM
Feb 2014
Negative-Travis said:

Good goy, now let us protrude with the Sexual Revolution so we can finish our work to empower the resistance to your perceived patriarchy that you forced on these embattled souls. Nihilism is the new woman, my mensch!
Feb 19, 2017 6:52 PM

Aug 2009
Moog said:
[insert banal platitude about how everyone is unique and have different standards regardless of gender]

Pretty much. Everyone's opinion and experience will be different. In my experience, yeah they have a lot more preferences especially around things like height, race, money and social status. I remember a few days ago this group of girls in the library was talking really loudly about how asian and brown guys were undatable (there were an asian and brown girl in that group of girls) like literally right beside me and this asian dude... I looked at the asian dude with like a wtf expression and he had the exact same expression on his face XD

I think the main issue here is the hypocrisy. Like when women have standards and prefrences its a good thing and expected, but when men have standards its like OMG HOW DARE YOU HAVE STANDARDS KILL URSELF MISOGYNY!!11.
LoneWolfFeb 19, 2017 7:01 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 19, 2017 7:56 PM

Mar 2011
I think its too easy to say "It depends on the women" or "it depends where you are".

Yes and no. Just as confusing, I know, but it matches the thinking behavior of some women.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Feb 19, 2017 8:10 PM

Mar 2012
DeplorableNico said:
Negative-Travis said:

Good goy, now let us protrude with the Sexual Revolution so we can finish our work to empower the resistance to your perceived patriarchy that you forced on these embattled souls. Nihilism is the new woman, my mensch!

I don't understand what any of that means. Who belongs to which group?
Feb 19, 2017 8:33 PM
Jul 2018
In general, yes. Obviously not all women are identical, but due to desperation from men (men being pussy-whipped), and sexual promiscuity, there are a large amount of absolutely revolting females being treated like queens (and of course, females that are not too horrible but have a bloated sense of self-worth).

Ultimately, and ironically, the problem lies with men. I'm no white knight, but some men shy away from this obvious truth.
Feb 19, 2017 10:20 PM

Jan 2009
Rarusu_ said:
When it comes to relationships it tends to be more even, men do generally higher there standards when it comes to seeking out a long term mate. But when it comes to sex men are different. Men have like 8 times more testosterone than women on average, and testosterone is also a factor in female sexuality. [...]

Women report that they experience that their pool of available partners decreases when they climb on the social ladder. It's the opposite for men, the pool increases. When men climb in the hierarcy women tend to follow, we don't see the same trend when it's the other way around.
Interesting Findings. I was thinking about something similar myself, that it depends on the Age for each Member of the Sex. For Example, Boys and younger Men tend to have a higher Demand for Sexuality and/or emotional Closeness in a Relationship, while Girls/young Women don't have as much of an Urge to have Sex and/or to get in a Love Relationship.

It all reverses when both of them get older: Men begin to lose the Urge for Love and/or Sex, while Women start to feel their biological Clock ticking. I bet the Problem with Career-Women is less about their Career, but about their Age. If they only pursue Careers at their best Time and end up having finished when they're in lesser Demand, then it's no Wonder they'll be at an Disadvantage, while Men can only win even if they don't also invest Time for getting and keeping a Partner in their younger Days.
Feb 20, 2017 12:09 AM

Apr 2014
If I have to pick among the choices given then I would have to choose "Yes, they are very "careful" and take too much time with choices. Very fussy.". Mainly because of the they are very "careful" and take too much time with choices. Personally, I want the person I choose to be the first and last that's why.
Feb 20, 2017 1:35 AM

May 2015
Without a doubt, they do. There are so many men out there. Men are disposable, easy to get and easy to get rid of and easy to demonize. Why shouldn't they have high standards?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 20, 2017 6:30 AM

Oct 2007
Rarusu_ said:
NudeBear said:

I read an interesting article on a few studies awhile back about men in general losing interest in attractive women once they realized the women were at a higher social status, had a higher IQ, and/or (the most interesting part for me) when they displayed humor.

I think I've heard something similar before, and that could also be a factor, even though I find it hard to see the reasoning behind it - why that would be something to make you lose interest, that is.

Maybe the loss of interest comes from feeling they may not be able to impress this woman/it would be too much work/her perceived 'superiority' make them feel threatened?
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Feb 20, 2017 6:38 AM

Jul 2015
Rarusu_ said:

Women report that they experience that their pool of available partners decreases when they climb on the social ladder. It's the opposite for men, the pool increases. When men climb in the hierarcy women tend to follow, we don't see the same trend when it's the other way around.

men liek younger women
climbings social ladder implyings work & time
if woman work too much & suddenly she in her 30's when she not as appealing to males anymor
then she troble findings partner, or partner that fittings her standards (at least as successful as her)

is oposite w/ men bc
older experenced & established males
are desirble to women both young & old
Feb 21, 2017 12:54 AM

May 2015
tsuyokunaru said:
Rarusu_ said:

I think I've heard something similar before, and that could also be a factor, even though I find it hard to see the reasoning behind it - why that would be something to make you lose interest, that is.

Maybe the loss of interest comes from feeling they may not be able to impress this woman/it would be too much work/her perceived 'superiority' make them feel threatened?

This, probably. Considering how common rejections are, there's no need to waste time on an attractive woman who will reject you. Some women may feel offended by this, but they got other guys.
Feb 21, 2017 3:30 AM

Oct 2007
TheBrainintheJar said:
This, probably. Considering how common rejections are, there's no need to waste time on an attractive woman who will reject you. Some women may feel offended by this, but they got other guys.

Interesting conclusion! Most of the women I know are attractive and intelligent and they're alone because no guy will approach them and they're too shy to approach a guy. There are instances of women being flocked to by guys and it's somewhat common, but there are also plenty of intelligent women who are just pretty or average looking and are also single because guys show no interest in them.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Feb 21, 2017 4:54 PM

Mar 2012
tsuyokunaru said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Interesting conclusion! Most of the women I know are attractive and intelligent and they're alone because no guy will approach them and they're too shy to approach a guy. There are instances of women being flocked to by guys and it's somewhat common, but there are also plenty of intelligent women who are just pretty or average looking and are also single because guys show no interest in them.

And I'm reasonably certain that none of them have ever once considered asking a guy out, let alone actually gone and done so.
Feb 21, 2017 5:02 PM

Nov 2016
For me I would say yes. I'm beyond picky when it comes to guys.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Feb 21, 2017 5:30 PM

Oct 2007
@Negative-Travis you would be wrong on a few of those cases. They may be going for guys who don't like them, just like some guys for for girls who don't like them. It's almost impossible to control who you like and don't like and it's a bit ridiculous that's measured as a 'standard' that women have. I'm sure most guys wouldn't agree to be with a girl just because she confessed feelings or asked them out.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Feb 21, 2017 6:11 PM

Mar 2012
tsuyokunaru said:
@Negative-Travis you would be wrong on a few of those cases. They may be going for guys who don't like them, just like some guys for for girls who don't like them. It's almost impossible to control who you like and don't like and it's a bit ridiculous that's measured as a 'standard' that women have. I'm sure most guys wouldn't agree to be with a girl just because she confessed feelings or asked them out.

Absolutely not, but time and again I see women bitch and moan about how they're totally into Johnny over there but every time they're together he never makes a move, even though she's showing all of the ''signals'' that outwardly look like completely normal human behavior. Not once have I seen or even heard of a girl earnestly asking a guy to go on a date with her. It's always either a joke or some sort of "social experiment".

We're also not counting general romantic feelings as a standard. We're talking about girls who outright refuse to date a guy who's under 6 feet tall or makes less than X dollars/year or some other bullshit that completely excludes someone they have a genuine connection with from their dating pool.
I suppose I shouldn't say "we", but you get what I mean.
Negative-TravisFeb 21, 2017 6:19 PM
Feb 22, 2017 12:36 AM

May 2015
tsuyokunaru said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I suggest they stop complaining. Few guys can afford to be passive. Join the fight and approach people.

We're living in a world marching towards feminism. Don't expect people to like you anymore just because you're a woman.
Feb 22, 2017 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
TheBrainintheJar said:

I suggest they stop complaining. Few guys can afford to be passive. Join the fight and approach people.

We're living in a world marching towards feminism. Don't expect people to like you anymore just because you're a woman.

I don't think women should be liked just because they're women! I also agree that women should approach people they like (I know I do), but what I'm criticizing (expanded in the post right above yours) is this idea that rejection is something that occurs for guys from women because 'all women have too high standards' and women will never be rejected if they approach someone or something.

@Negative-Travis I know there are women like that, I'm not trying to deny that, but I wouldn't necessarily say those are the majority nor assume that it's just women who have these standards. Just like women saying they wouldn't date a while who is less than so many feet tall, some guys wouldn't date women who are over a certain weight or below a certain breast size. I wouldn't judge all guys based on those few and all women shouldn't be judged on those few who have those kind of standards.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Feb 22, 2017 7:14 AM

Dec 2014
Seiya said:
Yes, they do have high standards. I blame it on their Mothers, as they raise them to be submissive princesses who expect men to do everything for them. 90% of Canadian women under 40 don't even know how to boil water.
Agree, the society rising influences that shit a lot.

vvickie said:
it depends on age obviously younger women higher standards
Yeah, always wondered why older women are more perv lol
Feb 22, 2017 7:16 AM

Jul 2015
Idk. I've seen women dating guys with no job. Kids. And a criminal record. It really depends on how much of a smooth talker the guy is.
Feb 22, 2017 4:55 PM

Mar 2012
tsuyokunaru said:
Just like women saying they wouldn't date a while who is less than so many feet tall, some guys wouldn't date women who are over a certain weight.
Every time a guy brings up height a woman brings up weight. Every fucking time. Height and weight are not comparable.
Human beings have no control over their height. If you're 21 and 5'6'', you're 5'6'' for life and no amount of anything can change that.
A person who weighs 300lbs at 5'6'' and looks like a blobfish has no excuse. If they have a slow metabolism, they need to learn the meaning of "calorie deficit". There is literally nothing stopping a person from being fit unless they have some sort of heart condition or other physical abnormality that prevents them from exercising properly but I can't imagine that every fat person in the world had heart problems pre-inflation.
Feb 22, 2017 5:40 PM

Feb 2016
They do and rightfully so. Everyone should have a a high standard and know their self-worth but it has to be realistic you can't be a 5 asking for a 7 shit doesn't work like that.

If most of you don't want to play games just do what I do go for the older women. Hot AF and know what they want.
PSN:ShadowStrike002

2x national and 2x all-American wrestler

Feb 22, 2017 8:41 PM

Sep 2007
Yes, that's why I'm (still) single. Women's standards are too damn high!

Feb 22, 2017 9:11 PM

May 2013
My standards are way too high but I'm flexible and if someone is nice enough it is worth a shot. I think if people aren't willing to compromise even just a little they'll end up disappointed and alone eventually.
Feb 22, 2017 9:17 PM

Mar 2013
if you have money and good hygiene then that is all that matters really.
Feb 23, 2017 1:10 AM

May 2015
tsuyokunaru said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I don't think women should be liked just because they're women! I also agree that women should approach people they like (I know I do), but what I'm criticizing (expanded in the post right above yours) is this idea that rejection is something that occurs for guys from women because 'all women have too high standards' and women will never be rejected if they approach someone or something.

@Negative-Travis I know there are women like that, I'm not trying to deny that, but I wouldn't necessarily say those are the majority nor assume that it's just women who have these standards. Just like women saying they wouldn't date a while who is less than so many feet tall, some guys wouldn't date women who are over a certain weight or below a certain breast size. I wouldn't judge all guys based on those few and all women shouldn't be judged on those few who have those kind of standards.

We're not talking about what should happen but what happens.

Since guys constantly approach women, women have higher standards. That's okay. This makes it stupid for a woman to complain about not being approached. For every guy except rare cases, this is reality. Instead of complaining that hot guys don't fall from the sky on her, she should just approach them.

Being passive is a bad thing anyway.
Feb 23, 2017 4:49 AM

Oct 2007
Negative-Travis said:
tsuyokunaru said:
Just like women saying they wouldn't date a while who is less than so many feet tall, some guys wouldn't date women who are over a certain weight.
Every time a guy brings up height a woman brings up weight. Every fucking time. Height and weight are not comparable.
Human beings have no control over their height. If you're 21 and 5'6'', you're 5'6'' for life and no amount of anything can change that.
A person who weighs 300lbs at 5'6'' and looks like a blobfish has no excuse. If they have a slow metabolism, they need to learn the meaning of "calorie deficit". There is literally nothing stopping a person from being fit unless they have some sort of heart condition or other physical abnormality that prevents them from exercising properly but I can't imagine that every fat person in the world had heart problems pre-inflation.

You're completely right about this and it applies to both men and women, but it's statistically provable than more women will consistently date overweight guys than men dating overweight women. It may be true that some women won't date 'short' guys, but some guys won't date 'tall' women. Those kind of insecurities will be there depending on personal experience.

What I've been trying to say for the last 2 days is that both sexes will have certain standards and they may be high or low depending on the individual and it's not just women like most people here are trying to imply. Maybe you have low standards yourself, as a woman, I think I do as well. Not all men have low standards and not all woman have low standards, that doesn't mean all men and all women have high standards.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Feb 23, 2017 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
As long as those standards are realistic and they themselves can deliver it's alright.

I find nothing wrong with a woman wanting to date an educated man, nor the reverse.

If they tell me they want a 6' feet tall guy with killer body and handsome face who is unpredictable, loving, talented, charismatic, charming, can pick up signals, is always patient etc. I'd tell them they should socialize more with real people. I'd say the same to guys who would want a girlfriend who's sexy and pretty, can cook, never gets mad, always laughs at their jokes, can take care of them and is never critical of their flaws or understanding and always supports them.

I find neither realistic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

41 by 707supremacist »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

38 by cody »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - Today

28 by cody »»
40 minutes ago

» proxy

jackfrostenson - 1 hour ago

1 by vasipi4946 »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.