Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2017 3:54 AM

Jan 2013
Nice, a recap of some of the characters going to the meeting ...

Anyhow, glad to see the bunny girl on the ship, felt weird after seeing her ignored and nothing else last episode.
Mar 30, 2017 4:29 AM

Jul 2013
This episode is all about the nostalgia. It's nice. Hehe that big mermaid princess is still crying a lot. Also that reverie thing? Why do I get the feeling that Luffy and the Strawhats are gonna crash it?

Episode 777, that's quite a milestone.
May 31, 2017 6:19 PM

May 2014
Ah, Vivi really is a princess with a pirate's heart.
Lol at her turning down all of her suitors her and Sanji should just get married, that'd fix everyone's problems

Looking forward to everyone meeting for the conference- I really hope Vivi, Shirahoshi and Rebecca actually get time to discuss their little adventures with the Straw Hats. It'd be cute!!

Then there's Sabo's horrible adopted brother who actually got married and became King of wherever...so he'll probably be at Reverie too -_-

Not at all surprised about Carrot because I was spoiled already, but I am looking forward to seeing her shine!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2017 9:32 AM

Apr 2013
More flashbacks next episode as well it seems, so will Carrot be the next crew member? :o
May 25, 2020 3:44 PM

Jun 2016
This was a cool episode and recap that I’m honestly all for. Reanimated footage of an arc which I think represents some of One Piece’s best large-scale pacing and a reminder of what Vivi means to the crew and vice versa when its been 600 episodes. Yeah, I have no issues. I even teared up in the flashback, Vivi screaming to her country to stop fighting, full of hurt, is tangibly painful, the scene where Luffy fights her: “Aren’t we friends?!” is one of my favorite Luffy moments, the friendship fists up in the air everyone in the audience had to mimic. Yeah that was a good time, it was a good way to remind us of who Vivi is and we even got new art of my handsome boy Crocodile!!! That was a treat for me, I screen shotted nearly every frame. I don't think Alabasta is insanely remarkable in character development or structure or anything, but for fun and emotion and pacing and badassery and villainy, it makes it an arc I always enjoy coming back to.

On the ship transporting Vivi was our favorite Alabasta friends, unfortunately with no Gedatsu who has a cover story starting a hot spring with Toto’s brother iirc, we also had Hina, Jango, and Fullbody nearby. As we see as the episode continues, this was a meditation on the places we’ve been and the friends and frenemies we’ve made. Cobra, with gray hair as this is One Piece and in two years every older character goes gray, wants to bring up Poneglyphs at the Reverie, and with that and later the reminder of Shirahoshi and her family bringing the petition to move Fishman island above land, and our prior knowledge of Fujitora wanting to abolish the Warlord system, yeah this Reverie is a huge gosh darn deal! It makes me excited, it’s one of the only ways so many crucial characters can all come face to face when they are otherwise sedentary. To go back to Cobra and the Poneglyphs, I think Doflamingo mentioned that one of the countries which were offered to become a Celestial Dragon under the World Government was Alabasta which with denying that and protecting the Poneglyph, they could become super freaking relevant again!

We had Goa Kingdom visitors in Loguetown and it appeared that Shelly had become the king of the baby boys hometown. He has come up in the world but Sabo has climbed even further in the world of revolutionaries! We got some sneak peaks of the leaders heading to the Reverie, and we also had Carrot join the team! The last filler was wonderful because I actually care for her to some degree and I’m glad she’s on the crew! Pekom's “thank you, I’m savouring the joy of living now" got a laugh out of me.
Jun 21, 2020 5:35 AM
Jun 2020
Well half of the episode was filler, but they showed us the remastered version of that flashbacks that we never saw so i guess it's not that bad because i haven't seen the flashback in a very long time.

Shirahoshi is still an crybaby, maybe she will take luffy's advice and improve her emotions.

That Damn Carrot is on luffy's ship without him knowing, i'm ok with coming but he should told luffy because he never allowed her to travel with him, Carrot should pay luffy's and the others kindness not making more debts.
Sep 13, 2020 4:27 AM

Mar 2020
I am looking forward to Reverie!
Apr 20, 2021 11:21 AM
Mar 2021
Amazing episode, I didn't miss Vivi though. And I'm so happy carrot came to the ship at the end! She was so cute like: a? :3
May 29, 2021 5:24 AM

Apr 2021
it must be hard for those who watched weekly one piece having an episode that's abt like 70% flashbacks but then again,, the animation studio needs some rest n stuff it's not really a problem for me since ive been watching one piece for abt a month .. p fast so I dont really mind lol Ngl I enjoyed the recaps bc I see how far ive gone ( will be expecting more of these XD
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jul 4, 2021 11:17 AM

May 2016
While a recap would certainly pale in comparison to the original scenes, there's no denying that seeing Vivi's farewell to the Straw Hats never fails to make me tear up no matter how much times I watch it! Shirashoshi's a sweetie as always as well~

Forget the UN or the G7 Summit! This year's Reverie has me getting all excited because of all the potentially world-changing stuff they'll all be talking about in there. One Piece continues to be a worldbuilder's wet dream and I love it.

Welcome to the team, Carrot. Definitely wanted to see more of you and it looks like my wish was granted.

Aug 18, 2021 1:55 AM

Jun 2019
Some familiar faces are gonna be there... looking forward to it.
Sep 3, 2021 8:32 AM

Aug 2021
So Sterry became king of Goa Kingdom D:

the recap of albasta was interesting since I saw it 3 years ago and forgot half the characters
Sep 10, 2021 10:15 PM
May 2012
Mostly flashbacks but nice to see Vivi again after all this time.
May 11, 2022 6:10 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't even mind the Alabasta recap because Vivi is just that great. Easily the best princess by far. With what's being set in motion in the New World, I can only imagine the role this Reverie is going to play.

Okay, I'm starting to see the craze for Carrot. Such a sly, cheeky move and she pulls a Luffy by acting like it's natural for her to be there. She looks so different with her adventuring outfit and my heart is starting to GARCHU to the max.
Jul 25, 2022 7:55 PM

Jan 2021
Rewatching Luffy and Vivi’s argument is still funny Luffy’s hands are rated E for everyone lmao and personally I don’t think it’s a good idea for the king of alabasta to ask about the Poneglyphs during the Reverie we also saw Sabo’s adopted brother I guess he became king he still acts annoying so nothing new

Sep 22, 2022 8:13 PM

Feb 2019
777 (character limit)
Aug 24, 2023 5:01 PM

Feb 2014
Alabasta recaping, but also some new stuff, Carrot joining them in their journey was a nice surprise.
Sep 16, 2023 7:21 PM
Jun 2022
great arc, great rework of the art, with a great summarization of alabasta lovely episode
Sep 28, 2023 8:49 AM
Jan 2017
Luffy got hoes or what
Jan 7, 6:15 PM
Oct 2019
Vivy post time skip Oppai upgrade.

Rewatching Vivy goodbye with Straw Hat moment still made me tearing up.
One of the best Moment in One Piece.

Shirahoshi hime is back too!!

LMAO i knew it, Carrot was already on the ship.
Jan 30, 7:25 AM
Feb 2022
It was good to se Vivy, and Shirahoshi again. And in the next episode we will see Kureha, and Rebecca.

Spanish translation:
Fue bueno ver a Vivy y Shirahoshi otra vez. Y en el próximo veremos a Kureha y Rebecca.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1104 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - 11 hours ago

24 by Nerdason »»
52 minutes ago

» My theory about the one piece

elops_ms - Apr 30

6 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 985 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 31, 2021

73 by MegaApple »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 982 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 10, 2021

148 by MegaApple »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 83 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

65 by Ratris_Decision »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.