Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2017 2:53 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Unexepectedly good, with awesome animations and fight choreography...
everyone of their friends in ALO, Sugu and Klein attacks, switch to Sinon and some players in GGO, switch Riz/ Silica and Egil attacking switch to Asuna straight up combo via using 11-hit Original Sword Skill "Mother's Rosario" with pink aura bursting and Yuuki in the BG (this was fcking hype when it happened, and the animation.... sweet baby Jesus), switch and lastly Kirito using "Starburst Stream" (if you all thought this move looked good before, this movie turned it up a notch, Kirito was a fcking beast going from top to bottom combo) btw they were fighting the final boss of Aincrad, the lvl 100 boss.

Hidden rank 1 was Yuna.
Kirito didnt like AR that much since his body isnt fit enough to move the way he wants to, but later he gets the gits of it because Asuna got her memories of SAO stolen, hence he was jumping ranks via killing boss after boss, dude even got pissed when someone bumped into him while he was fighting.
Random character: Why are you pissed? its just a game right...
Kirito:Staring intensifies*
Everyone in the movie house: Oh, it aint no game anymore.

Story is Yuna was one of the players of SAO that died, her father pushed AR and by stealing memories of SAO players of their time in the game he can revive her via some weird technology method that I didnt bother to remember haha.
Eiji wasnt a good player as well, back in his SAO days he was with the knights guild with Asuna, but he was a coward and couldnt even fight because of the fear of dying and basically he just sucks, Eiji and Yuna then meets since Yuna enjoys singing for people, its her dream to sing and a lot of people hearing it, after the plan fails and she sings her last song to the people and vanishes, flashbacks were shown that she was singing while Kirito and the gang were there listening to her back in SAO (Point is they heard her sing before in SAO)

Last part was Kirito and Asuna gazing at the moon and then kissing, since basically they promised they'd gaze into it when they get out of SAO back in the days, and Kirito then promises to properly introduce himself to Asuna's mom (they were kinda having a small drama about this since Kirito was such a pussy and lacked the confidence to talk to her mom)

Anyways the whole fight with the final boss was freaking hype, with Asuna doubling the hype and Kirito tripling it.

I give it an 8/10.
Good songs by Yuna
Animation was top notch (as expected of a movie budget anime)
Fight Choreography was good, they made the skills look better and was very fast paced!
okish drama, not too much and not lacking, just right.
Feb 18, 2017 4:23 AM

Jul 2010
Lots of plotholes but good action 4/5
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Feb 18, 2017 5:38 AM

Apr 2016
Just curious on where you watched it?
Feb 18, 2017 6:04 AM

Jul 2010
OP said:
OP said:

Shibuya Toho. It's shown all over Japan.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Feb 18, 2017 7:59 AM

Feb 2016
This movie is awesome.
Story,arts,fight scenes,characters,BGM......All of this movie is fantastic!
Many character from SAO,ALO,GGO fight together with Kirito...... I expected Asuna,Lis,Silica,Leafa,Sinon(and Klein,Agil),but Other people like ALO's Guild leaders and GGO players,and Yuuki!
Yuuki really surprised me.
and things like restaurant's name(Wagnaria,restaurant in anime/manga "WORKING!!"),striking vending machine and get drink(A Certain Magical Index joke?), Those two guys from First episode of anime makes me laugh.
First I gave this movie to 9/10,but now reconsidered to make it 10/10!
thefrog1192Feb 18, 2017 8:07 AM
Feb 18, 2017 8:27 AM
Dec 2015
The movie was amazing. It just kept surprising me every single time!
I like how they made Kirito look weak at first then as always becomes the Jesus-kun we come to love and know. The nostalgic feeling when they changed into their SAO 1 outfit got my hair standing. I was literally holding back a squel as I watched the 100th floor boss fight. The movie was perfect. They made the 1 year wait worth. The hype wasnt for nothing. It wasn't an over hyped movie after all because DAMN they really delivered it.

Artwork - 8/10
Story - 9/10
Plot - 9/10
Fighting animation - 10/10

Overall this anime beats Kimi No Na Wa in my opinion. Just enough of romance between the hero and heroin, abit of angst thanks to the tragic love between Eiji and Yuna...how tragic :(

This movie is worth watching all the way
Feb 18, 2017 8:43 AM

Jun 2016
lol it was really good.
Feb 18, 2017 12:04 PM
Apr 2014
a lot better than i expected, cinema was packed and the action animation jz wow.
and was satisfied to see more dungeon boss from sao that i wished was shown in the 1st arc. Finales had a wonderful feel where all 3 on9 games together.

9/10

malaysia cinema same premiere as japan. lucky us
Feb 18, 2017 3:21 PM

Apr 2016
Did not expect this to be that good. Great animation,art, OST,fights and the story was good aswell.

We, in germany also had the same premiere date as japan and we had the honor to be visited by Adachi-san and Kashiwada-san.

Overall great movie
Feb 18, 2017 5:19 PM

Jun 2011
OP said:
Watched it in cinema here in Germany, we got it at the same day as Japan.

Great movie, loved it. Great to see the cast again too, has been quite a time since I watched SAO II. A-1 delivered.
I'm feeling thank you
Feb 18, 2017 6:35 PM
Apr 2016
Receive a lot of flaming PM after reviewing this movie as a decent one :( ... How is this a bad movie ?????
Feb 18, 2017 6:44 PM

Jul 2014
ZzLow96 said:
Receive a lot of flaming PM after reviewing this movie as a decent one :( ... How is this a bad movie ?????

Your version of decent is someone else's opposite, in this case your review is an equivalent to a fanboy rating, ignoring flaws and that your review is shot up to the top of the anime page. I'd love to rip you a new one but I haven't seen the movie yet so it'll be a while till I get a BDrip.
Feb 18, 2017 7:25 PM

Nov 2011
The final boss battle is fucking awesome. The boss was defeated by the power of everyone's bond that they have formed throughout the series.

Season 3 when?!

Feb 19, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2013
"Ranked #80"
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
You all need to watch Nami.

Feb 19, 2017 5:03 AM

Sep 2012
Sigsig said:

I thought making plot holes was a theme in both seasons. Well at least they kept the traditions...
Feb 19, 2017 5:25 AM

Jun 2011
ZzLow96 said:
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Probably has to do with the usual "SAO and everything related to it is garbage" thinking. I doubt most of them have seen the movie anyway and just want to let you know they are salty that it is #80 now.
I'm feeling thank you
Feb 19, 2017 6:57 AM

Sep 2013
done watching the movie, it's amazing. lots of battle scene, stunning graphic animation, amazing soundtrack. A-1 has done a very good job on this movie. worth it.
Feb 19, 2017 7:07 AM

Jul 2014
sasalx said:
Sigsig said:

I thought making plot holes was a theme in both seasons. Well at least they kept the traditions...
Typical A1 studio lol.
Feb 19, 2017 8:37 AM
Feb 2017
OppaiSugoi said:
ZzLow96 said:

Your version of decent is someone else's opposite, in this case your review is an equivalent to a fanboy rating, ignoring flaws and that your review is shot up to the top of the anime page. I'd love to rip you a new one but I haven't seen the movie yet so it'll be a while till I get a BDrip.

it's true people are allowed to have different opinions on things but do you really feel the need to "rip someone a new one" for merely liking something that you dont like? are you that childish?
Feb 19, 2017 9:03 AM

Jul 2014
RBD_Titan said:
OppaiSugoi said:

it's true people are allowed to have different opinions on things but do you really feel the need to "rip someone a new one" for merely liking something that you dont like? are you that childish?
Usually fanboyism is immune to glaring flaws, like I stated I haven't seen the move so I can't say anything, but hey, I can't sway alts easily that try to inflate ratings by rating everything a 10.
Feb 19, 2017 3:29 PM
Nov 2014
Just watched it at the cinema in Paris this evening, was better than expected. I tend to think that SAO is quite totally overrated but the movie deserves a 8/10 tbh.

Emotions & actions, maybe there were some moments a bit repetitive but it was alright, especially since I got a bit bored of sao pattern :blocked in a video game etc but they tried to renew it a little but well it was good despite that! :)
However if I'm a bit picky they could have dealt with the characters way more in depth, it's still a bit cliché..

BUT bonus to the French audience, which was really nice they expressed their emotions a lot, clapped their hands or shouted when
Really funny :D
Also Shingo Adachi (chara-designer) and Shinichiro Kashiwada (producer) were there~

If you were there, feel free to pm me, always nice to join people for some other anime projections in Paris.
LovelyStrawberryFeb 19, 2017 3:41 PM
Feb 19, 2017 4:13 PM
Feb 2017
OppaiSugoi said:
RBD_Titan said:

Usually fanboyism is immune to glaring flaws, like I stated I haven't seen the move so I can't say anything, but hey, I can't sway alts easily that try to inflate ratings by rating everything a 10.

so just attack anyone who might disagree with you right? cant just let them be happy cuz they could enjoy something that you might not like? just take what they like and smash it right in front of them? you sir are a true gentlemen.
Feb 19, 2017 5:10 PM

May 2009
Great fanservice movie.
Glad to see the switch from VR to AR which is more common currently (well, not to this point, but still).

LovelyStrawberry said:

BUT bonus to the French audience, which was really nice they expressed their emotions a lot, clapped their hands or shouted when
Really funny :D

The reactions during the projections of Kizumonogatari were also awesome. ^^
Here, the funniest reaction was when
Feb 20, 2017 3:17 AM
May 2015
Did kirito and asuna kiss?
Feb 20, 2017 3:18 AM
Apr 2014
stardash2352002 said:

Feb 20, 2017 3:20 AM
May 2015
Neykruel said:
stardash2352002 said:

wowza can't wait to watch tht in the movie after all the fake rumours on them splitting up :C
Feb 20, 2017 4:33 PM

Dec 2011
Ok so the final battle is awesome, however what is the deal with 100th floor boss? I thought Heathcliff is the boss for 100th floor not some giant ass monster? Did the author forget about this or what?
Feb 20, 2017 11:29 PM
Apr 2014
amc9988 said:
Ok so the final battle is awesome, however what is the deal with 100th floor boss? I thought Heathcliff is the boss for 100th floor not some giant ass monster? Did the author forget about this or what?

Feb 21, 2017 7:01 AM

Aug 2014
So this movie got high ratings because it IS SAO?
Because I find it pretty average, and most of the part, boring. It's feels like watching ALO arc all over again.
And then I realized that SAO is filled with boring characters, perhaps that's why.

Kinda frustrating since I spent my money to watch this thing.
Feb 21, 2017 9:51 AM

Jul 2014
Kay_Lite said:
Because I find it pretty average, and most of the part, boring. It's feels like watching ALO arc all over again.
And then I realized that SAO is filled with boring characters, perhaps that's why.

Feb 21, 2017 9:52 AM

Jul 2014
Kay_Lite said:

Feb 21, 2017 11:50 AM
Dec 2011
I hear in some countries some scenes were censored? Does anyone know which ones?
Feb 21, 2017 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
AP24 said:
I hear in some countries some scenes were censored? Does anyone know which ones?

Feb 22, 2017 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
Well well.. I didn't go in with big expectations but this really surprised me seriously.
There's noting much to say.. amazing visual, awesome soundtracks, fantastic fight scenes.
The story was well portrayed and I love the character developments for Kirito and Asuna.
That's what been lacking in the tv series imo.. Asuna is so cute.
LiSA's theme song and voice urghhhh too good.
They finally made it a success.. well done.
Feb 22, 2017 4:56 AM

Aug 2011
Watch at Malaysia GSC. Great movie, nice soundtrack and like the last scene. Good job A1. 8/10
Feb 22, 2017 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
lol I went to watch it last monday hoping that there won't be much people there. was sandwiched both side by girl group on the right and boy group on the left. Still the theater was half full. So embarrassing watching this at my age. (。・//ε//・。)
the scene between Asuna and Kirito on the bed was the most embarrassing. Well at least they cut that afterward scene. (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

Anyway, wasn't that much good feel like almost a remake of SAO. The last boss was pretty awesome. Feel like Log Horizon in that last stage. And Yuna singing really was amazing.

Seriously I better stick to watching Detective Conan after this. XD
Feb 23, 2017 2:21 AM

Jul 2015
As always, LiSA with another great song!

Loved these movie-quality animations!

That Nautilus-Yuna relationship though, I didn't really feel it. They were all just narrated from one person to another. I wish they did more exposure on that, or with her father too. It just felt lacking to me, as the central plot of the arc.

not a huge fan of post-Aincrad, but this one deserves an 8/10!

Feb 23, 2017 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
it pretty fun! seen film in theater make it 10 time better too
awesome art animations choreography action sequence and music worth of ticket

this film still feel very sao i still laugh at some moment that doesn't intended to be funny.
it has a bit plot hole (don't want to say alot cause it isn't that bad )
weak writing in some part
his harem (Klein get some scene time yay)
(almost)blend characters,Villains
(kirito asuna have a good development,villains actually have a motivation)
but a lot of problem get tame down alot
kirito isn't op right always but still reward who want to see him op at the end (kill the boss, 1 shot every monster)
kirito&asuna very romantic
just like the other time asuna get into trouble and kirito save the day but this time she isn't just sit in some cage but she get to show her own badassness and they support each other ,i also like that memories lost plot didn't make her lost everything and still show that they still can go on even if memories isn't back.

sorry for bad english i just want to get some of my thought out there.

ps. thai dub is very bad god help me
Feb 23, 2017 8:26 AM

Apr 2011
I felt like Asuna was more of a protagonist than Kirito in this movie.
Feb 23, 2017 2:22 PM

Nov 2016
i haven't watched the movie yet and im also not sure where to ask this so im gonna ask here, do i need to watch season 2 of SAO to watch this movie? i watched season 1 already.
Feb 24, 2017 2:03 AM

Oct 2012
This movie was a letdown. Story wasn't very coherent, and not to mention the last ending......like what the heck was that shit?

SAO wasn't very good to begin with, but at least I enjoyed it quite a bit. This movie however.........is a whole new shit altogether.

Not sure if I wanna catch it in 4D just to have some "new" experience......
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Feb 24, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2011
TatsumakiSenpai said:
i haven't watched the movie yet and im also not sure where to ask this so im gonna ask here, do i need to watch season 2 of SAO to watch this movie? i watched season 1 already.

You could watch the movie even if you only watched up to Ep14 of season 1, but you'll miss some new character arcs.
Feb 24, 2017 8:22 AM

Jul 2014
TatsumakiSenpai said:

At the very least, watch GGO arc in SAO II if you want to know more about Sinon.
Feb 24, 2017 9:48 AM
Feb 2017
gopivot said:
it pretty fun! seen film in theater make it 10 time better too
awesome art animations choreography action sequence and music worth of ticket

this film still feel very sao i still laugh at some moment that doesn't intended to be funny.
it has a bit plot hole (don't want to say alot cause it isn't that bad )
weak writing in some part
his harem (Klein get some scene time yay)
(almost)blend characters,Villains
(kirito asuna have a good development,villains actually have a motivation)
but a lot of problem get tame down alot
kirito isn't op right always but still reward who want to see him op at the end (kill the boss, 1 shot every monster)
kirito&asuna very romantic
just like the other time asuna get into trouble and kirito save the day but this time she isn't just sit in some cage but she get to show her own badassness and they support each other ,i also like that memories lost plot didn't make her lost everything and still show that they still can go on even if memories isn't back.

sorry for bad english i just want to get some of my thought out there.

ps. thai dub is very bad god help me

I watched it in Thailand too XD. Apparently Soundtrack version are now out everywhere in Thailand XD
Feb 24, 2017 10:22 AM
Aug 2013
Does Asuna have badass moments/fights in this movie? Is she fighter like Kirito or damsel in distress?
Feb 25, 2017 5:46 AM

Jan 2014
Beginning: There was some nice cinematography and mystery set up did feel natural as the story flowed
Middle: These scenes are pretty nice! I loved the way it emphasized Kirito and Asuna's relationship and how Kirito is able to get into the mystery without being jerked into it.
End: AAAAnd that's that. Heaping shitstorm ending. Shit mystery reveal. Shit villain reveal. Shit finale battle. Shit SHit SHITTTT

It saddens me how this movie had the chance to be pretty okay.

But still, this is the best thing to ever come out of SAO, so anyone who's forced to watch this out of obligation won't have to leave with stage 4 cancer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2017 7:29 AM

Jul 2008
Just watched it in the theaters, my first time watching an anime movie and surprisingly there was a good number of people watching with me haha.

Anyway, I really liked it. The subs was a not so good here and there but overall good enough not to take away from the experience for.

Just have 1 question that I missed because I think the subs went by way too fast for me to read and comprehend it but...

Anyway, 8/10 for me. Didn't blow my mind but I enjoyed very much for what it was.

Hope to see more Anime movies shown in theters here in my country with reasonable timeframes like this one. Usually, these movies happen only 1 day and in inconvenient days like weekday lol.
Feb 25, 2017 8:06 AM
Feb 2017
Kay_Lite said:
AP24 said:

There are kids watching this. When I go to the cinema for this movie there was a mother-son pair also watching this. Not that I think the censored part was that relevant.

For me personally, this movie is a waste of my money especially with the plethora of other better movies being showed in the cinema at the same time.

Excluding the romance and action parts, it was really dull.
Feb 25, 2017 8:19 AM
Feb 2017
Kay_Lite said:
AP24 said:

There are kids watching this. When I go to the cinema for this movie there was a mother-son pair also watching this. Not that I think the censored part was that relevant.

For me personally, this movie was a waste of my money especially with the plethora of other better movies being showed in the cinema at the same time.

Excluding the romance and action parts, it was really dull. I do like the AR tech shown, the boss design (really cool, very final boss-like) but the damnable questionable parts of it was glaring to me.

All in all, it's an average movie. You guys overrated it.
Feb 26, 2017 2:50 AM

Oct 2012
Plot holes aside, the cinema experience was great because of the animation and music.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

10 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:40 AM

» Why R+ - Mild Nudity?

winfoharso - Mar 4, 2020

19 by Kirito_online »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM

» About reviving yuuna

Kamikoto_kl - Feb 20, 2020

2 by EldritchNeko »»
Jul 19, 2020 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.