Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2017 10:12 AM

Jan 2017
Have any of you guys found this season a bit dull ? I'm new to following seasonal anime so I have no idea what I'm talking about. But it looks to me like this season is less interesting.
Have you guys found any good series ?
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 11, 2017 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
Define what you mean by "Good", please.
Feb 11, 2017 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
"To be honest every seasonal anime suck."

-Some random MAL user
Feb 11, 2017 10:18 AM

Jul 2016
Gintama., Youjo Senki, Little Witch Academia, Kuzu no Honkai, Kono Suba, Kobayashi maid dragon, Demi-chan, and etc. This season may not be the best, but there are at least a few things you can watch and enjoy.
Feb 11, 2017 10:23 AM

Jan 2017
Sterps said:
Gintama., Youjo Senki, Little Witch Academia, Kuzu no Honkai, Kono Suba, Kobayashi maid dragon, Demi-chan, and etc. This season may not be the best, but there are at least a few things you can watch and enjoy.

I'm really enjoying Konosuba ,
Watched a single episode of Kuzu no Honkai , not sure If i like it or not yet.
I'll surely try the other series you mentioned , thanks xD
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Feb 11, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
A season that has shouwa can't be that bad.
Feb 11, 2017 10:35 AM

Feb 2010
Yeah it is. Slow is a good word. There's isn't really anything fast, captivating, exciting this season. The good shows are all either sequels or slow stuff like ACCA.
Kuzu no Honkai seems the new most hyped show this season but it really didn't do anything for me. Well animated strings of saliva though, I'll give them that.
AlcoholicideFeb 13, 2017 10:58 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 11, 2017 10:37 AM

Oct 2013
It is not slow, the anime coming out this season is just not my type, only watching Kuzu no Honkai. I dropped most of what I was watching at the beginning of this season.
Feb 11, 2017 10:39 AM

May 2015
Like @Pullman said, it is a slow season because none of the good things are fast. In fact, I don't think there are many shows that are very fast paced/exciting this at all. It's really just Konosuba for a fast paced comedy, and even then Konosuba isn't THAT fast.
-Rainy-Feb 12, 2017 7:38 AM
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Feb 11, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2017
So Kuzu No Honkai and Konosuba are the main attraction of the season ?
-Madara Uchiha

Feb 11, 2017 10:53 AM

Oct 2013
AnjuRatty said:

Yep, pretty much, you could include ao no exorsist season 2, surprisingly it is not getting as many attention as I initially thought, the first season was pretty popular from my memories.

I myself dropped the second season, because it was so boring and uninteresting.
Feb 11, 2017 11:04 AM

Jan 2017
keragamming said:
AnjuRatty said:

Yep, pretty much, you could include ao no exorsist season 2, surprisingly it is not getting as many attention as I initially thought, the first season was pretty popular from my memories.

I myself dropped the second season, because it was so boring and uninteresting.

I wasn't a fan of Blue Exorcist 1st season. Mainly due to the fact after 26 episodes (was it?) , Characters haven't gotten interesting and remained dull.
Following the 2nd season now , The story doesn't give anything to look forward to , But I guess there's nothing better to follow so gonna follow it to the end.
-Madara Uchiha

Feb 11, 2017 11:06 AM

Sep 2013
Yes yes, every season is slow and sucks.
Amazing how anime is still even alive with every season being so bad right?
Feb 11, 2017 11:09 AM

Sep 2016
?

there are URARA MEIROCHO and NYANKO DAYS best animay
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 11, 2017 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:

Prepare to hear the same thing comes spring season. :)
Feb 11, 2017 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
There are many with opposite opinion though
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1588459

Jul 2015
This is what I gathered as the Solid/good shows this season Gintama,Demi-Chan, Blue Excorcist(follows the manga and paced better than 1st season),Dragon Maid, Yoawamushi Pedal, Konosuba, Rewrite(1st season was bad but this new season they are adpating the Visual Novel correctely, so it's pretty solid), Scums Wish, Rakugo, ACCA, and Little Witch Academia... It's mostly the sequels that are good this season with some handful New shows
Sup...

Mar 2016
The only anime I'm watching is Youjo Senki.

And I like it so far so...
Feb 11, 2017 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
ichii_1 said:

Boku no Hero, Attack on Titan, and Rage of Bahamaut Season Basically
Sup...

Jun 2016
SLOW ??? yes ofc the seasonal anime are slow since there are only 1 ep/week

but in terms of quality i think this season is actually better than last season (fall 2016,and even last season was quite decent)

and yet again we find another patern that the top most popular seasonal usually..... SUCKS.... scroll down broh, there are legit shows this season

(((for me, seiren must be the most underrated series so far this season.... )))
"there's a difference between reaching your dreams and finding happiness"-Nana

Aug 2016
KonoSuba, Rakugo and Little Witch make the season fun.
Feb 11, 2017 11:18 AM

Apr 2016
Honestly, I don't know what to feel about this season anymore. On the one hand, it has Rakugo Season 2, which is the second season of one of my favorite anime. On the other hand, it had Hand Shakers, which immediately became my most hated anime ever.
Feb 11, 2017 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
keragamming said:

The slice of life/romance fans will be the ones doing all the bitching then. Not to mention the ones that hate modern anime overall, and bitch every season about it.
Feb 11, 2017 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

The slice of life/romance fans will be the ones doing all the bitching then. Not to mention the ones that hate modern anime overall, and bitch every season about it.
Basically every anime cycle until we get to the end of the year and then they say what animes that thought were good, and the list of animes they mention are more than the good animes in the So called "Golden Age of anime" from the 90's and 2000's
Sup...
Feb 11, 2017 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
wow.....last season was slow....this season was way better..... wtf r u on about....
Feb 11, 2017 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
My Plan-to-Watch list blew up this season.

KonoSuba, Kobayashi-san, Demi-chan, Urara, Gabriel DropOut...

As a Comedy/Slice-of-Life fan: Dis Gon B Gud!
Feb 11, 2017 12:22 PM

Feb 2016
Um... that's like... um... your opinion man.

We have fucking Nyanko Days, what are you on about???
Even the less watched series are pretty ok. Sure, we don't have that many action anime, but there's still lots of watchable stuff.

I also heard Cuck's WishSchool Days is good, you can watch that. (:
Feb 11, 2017 3:00 PM

Aug 2016
There's some good sequels this season. I'm really enjoying those. Plus, Youjo Senki, Kozu no Honkai, and ACCA are very good! I've narrowed down my airing list this season and I think this season could be superior to the last one.
Feb 11, 2017 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Every year we get 5 or 6 special anime like last year.Hopefully if you wait you will get one soon this year.In the midst time, you already got this season 2 or 3 impressive ones.
Feb 11, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2012
Well thank you for your opinion but nope. KonoSuba and Youjo Senki are enough to call a good season.
Feb 11, 2017 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
I personally don't think this season is "slow" but then again, I'm not watching that much since I'm taking my pace with the stuff that I am watching since my internet is pretty trashy. At least it's better than Winter 2016 tbh,
Feb 11, 2017 4:33 PM

Jun 2015
This season is light on quality action intensive shows. Most main shows this season are either slower and darker like Kuzu no Honkai or 3-gatsu, or wacky like Konosuba. I really like all three of those, which is enough for one season for me.

Honestly though, this was pretty much the same as last Winter. I basically ended up watching Grimgar and nothing else the entire season. Everything else from that season (Konosuba, GATE, etc) I only watched later on. If anything, I thought Fall 2016 was really weak.

For me, as long as there is 1 really good show that resonates with me, I'm okay with only watching one show every week. I guess I must be in the minority in that regard.
Feb 11, 2017 4:41 PM

May 2014
Whilst there aren't that many anime that I'm keeping up with this season (only 4 actually), I'm really enjoying the ones I am watching.

Top tier-
-Gintama.
-Kuzu no Honkai

Mid tier-
-Youjo Senki
-Onihei

That's how I'd rate them anyways!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2017 5:26 PM

Aug 2013
I guess it depends on what your taste is. Most of the better shows this season are slice of life/comedy, so if you are not into that stuff, then you might find this season dull.

Personally I think the previous season was better because it was much more diverse.
Feb 11, 2017 5:28 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
thank you for the copy paste every season/every year thread...

well i guess the part where you admit you don't really know is a bit different :/
Feb 11, 2017 5:59 PM

Jan 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
This is what I gathered as the Solid/good shows this season Gintama,Demi-Chan, Blue Excorcist(follows the manga and paced better than 1st season),Dragon Maid, Yoawamushi Pedal, Konosuba, Rewrite(1st season was bad but this new season they are adpating the Visual Novel correctely, so it's pretty solid), Scums Wish, Rakugo, ACCA, and Little Witch Academia... It's mostly the sequels that are good this season with some handful New shows

Hm.., That's a pretty big list. I'll try em out , Thanks xD
And do agree that Blue Exorcist is better than the season 01. (I haven't read the manga tho)

SenpaiJay98 said:
keragamming said:

Hyped for Hero Academia xD

Sora-desuINA said:

but in terms of quality i think this season is actually better than last season (fall 2016,and even last season was quite decent)

and yet again we find another patern that the top most popular seasonal usually..... SUCKS.... scroll down broh, there are legit shows this season

Hmm.., First time following seasonal anime so , Didn't knew xD
And Seiren seems to be pretty hated , What's good about it ?

EcchiLordMamster said:

well i guess the part where you admit you don't really know is a bit different :/

I haven't been around for long xD
AnjuRattyFeb 11, 2017 6:02 PM
-Madara Uchiha

Feb 11, 2017 6:12 PM

Sep 2009
This season has a lot going for it: Maid Dragon, Youjo Senki, Urara, Kemono Friends, ACCA, Nyanko Days, Onihei and Konosuba S2. Maybe not the most mind blowing season, but there are many good shows overall. I'd say this season's average quality is a lot higher than usual.

So no, this is a very good season.
IDexFeb 11, 2017 6:15 PM
Feb 11, 2017 6:14 PM

Mar 2014
I thought I wouldn't get into this season with a lot of the shows being shifted towards slice of life and comedy genres and only picked up like 2 shows at first but this far into the season my 'watching' list on here just blew up with the season anime, I think my favourite would be Kuzu no Honkai especially, love the drama romance theme! (also I agree with whomever commented somewhere here, I actually find these season stronger than the last)
Feb 11, 2017 7:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
AnjuRatty said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Hm.., That's a pretty big list. I'll try em out , Thanks xD
And do agree that Blue Exorcist is better than the season 01. (I haven't read the manga tho)

SenpaiJay98 said:

Hyped for Hero Academia xD

Sora-desuINA said:

Hmm.., First time following seasonal anime so , Didn't knew xD
And Seiren seems to be pretty hated , What's good about it ?

EcchiLordMamster said:

I haven't been around for long xD

oh lol... well my bad, this question gets asked pretty frequently every season
Feb 11, 2017 8:06 PM

Oct 2014
ichii_1 said:

anime is going to die soon though
they have been promising me that for a long and i hope they do not let me down with this
Feb 11, 2017 8:07 PM

Oct 2014
RainyRai said:
Like @Pullman said, it is a slow season because none of the good things are slow. In fact, I don't think there are many shows that are very fast paced/exciting this at all. It's really just Konosuba for a fast paced comedy, and even then Konosuba isn't THAT fast.

who needs fast paced show when we have shouwa and the continuing 3-gatsu?
Feb 11, 2017 8:18 PM

Oct 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
RainyRai said:
Like @Pullman said, it is a slow season because none of the good things are slow. In fact, I don't think there are many shows that are very fast paced/exciting this at all. It's really just Konosuba for a fast paced comedy, and even then Konosuba isn't THAT fast.

You should be aware that those show has a small fanbase, because it doesn't have a big audience appeal. I don't know why people keep mentioning them, like people will just start to watch and like them.
Feb 11, 2017 8:42 PM

Oct 2014
keragamming said:
gabrielrroiz said:

You should be aware that those show has a small fanbase, because it doesn't have a big audience appeal. I don't know why people keep mentioning them, like people will just start to watch and like them.

i am not mentioning this show to try to get people watching those or to recommend them but my point is that the lack of faster paced is not bothering me in the least
also 3-gatsu is not that hard to get into so i do not see how it can not appeal to a larger audience
Feb 11, 2017 8:45 PM

Jan 2017
gabrielrroiz said:
keragamming said:

i am not mentioning this show to try to get people watching those or to recommend them but my point is that the lack of faster paced is not bothering me in the least
also 3-gatsu is not that hard to get into so i do not see how it can not appeal to a larger audience

Hmm.., Um interested tho ,
What kinda shows are they then ?
I don't mind trying out a different genre
-Madara Uchiha

Feb 12, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
RainyRai said:

I don't need anything else this season if I have Rakugo and 3gatsu. Having no good fast-paced shows is not a problem at all IMO.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Feb 12, 2017 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:

He didn't say bad though? He said slow.

I agree with him.
Feb 12, 2017 8:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TitanAnteus said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

He didn't say bad though? He said slow.

I agree with him.

AnjuRatty said:
But it looks to me like this season is less interesting.
Have you guys found any good series ?

i think this definitely disproves that lol...
Feb 12, 2017 8:46 PM
Nov 2013
Masamune-kun no Revenge is the best.
Feb 12, 2017 9:13 PM

May 2015
This season has slow paced animes, that doesn't mean it's a bad one. I'm liking konosuba, youjo senki, acca, Reikenzan and AnE which are the slower ones imo. They are great!
Feb 12, 2017 11:14 PM

Jan 2017
Ruu said:
This season has slow paced animes, that doesn't mean it's a bad one. I'm liking konosuba, youjo senki, acca, Reikenzan and AnE which are the slower ones imo. They are great!

Are ACCA and Youjo Genkai good ?
And what's AnE ? Love Konosuba , it's awesome.
-Madara Uchiha

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What is the superior Anime format? TV, Film, OVA, ONA, Shorts?

Dragevard - 9 hours ago

14 by Zarutaku »»
43 seconds ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - 8 hours ago

13 by kvandrada »»
2 minutes ago

» ➢Is there an anime that you liked when you first watched it, but hate it when you look back?

Gashadokur0 - 9 hours ago

12 by kvandrada »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Best part of Fate Franchise?

Diamtheroad - Yesterday

26 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you find immoral anime fun to watch?

LenRea - 12 hours ago

21 by alshu »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.