Forum Settings
Forums

TPP is Not Dead: It’s Now Called the Trade In Services Agreement

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 10, 2017 6:40 PM

Jun 2011
Let's see if Trump stops this one.
Feb 10, 2017 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
The title is click bait. A few sections of overlap aren't enough to make them the same, even if those sections are literally identical.
JoshFeb 10, 2017 7:28 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 10, 2017 7:23 PM

Mar 2008
Josh said:
The title is click bait. They aren't the same agreement, even if a few sections of the TPP were transferred to TISA.

Of course it's not exactly the same. It's same in principal and effect with some differences. I dont know if the differences are enough to make a difference or not.
Feb 10, 2017 7:43 PM

May 2010
The problem is that you're always negative, so any time that something doesn't exactly go according to plan you can claim "I told you so".
Feb 10, 2017 7:55 PM

Mar 2008
Thrashinuva said:
The problem is that you're always negative, so any time that something doesn't exactly go according to plan you can claim "I told you so".

Stop making shit up. Literally first time I said that. Also Im not always negative im realistic. Im an optimist actually.
Feb 10, 2017 8:06 PM

May 2010
traed said:
Thrashinuva said:

Stop making shit up. Literally first time I said that. Also Im not always negative im realistic. Im an optimist actually.
Never said that you said "I told you so" before. And by "negative" I meant in terms of opposition vs. Trump, his policies, and his administration, not in terms of being pessimistic about life overall.
Feb 10, 2017 8:35 PM

Nov 2008
No, TISA existed when TPP existed, it's the last of the bad trade bills.

Feb 10, 2017 9:28 PM

Mar 2008
Thrashinuva said:
traed said:

Never said that you said "I told you so" before. And by "negative" I meant in terms of opposition vs. Trump, his policies, and his administration, not in terms of being pessimistic about life overall.

I didn't say anything about Trump here. I also think certain good things come indirectly from the administration.
Feb 10, 2017 9:43 PM

May 2010
traed said:
Thrashinuva said:

I didn't say anything about Trump here. I also think certain good things come indirectly from the administration.
I didn't say you said anything about Trump.
Feb 10, 2017 9:45 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
traed said:

heh what do you mean then, its obvious you think traed is fully anti-Trump with those replies of yours

you are using gaslighting tactics again
Feb 10, 2017 9:51 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
Thrashinuva said:

heh what do you mean then, its obvious you think traed is fully anti-Trump with those replies of yours

I never said I didn't think traed is fully anti-Trump.

Are you sure gaslighting is a term you properly understand? I've seen you use it questionably for the past few months.
Feb 10, 2017 9:58 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:

Are you sure gaslighting is a term you properly understand? I've seen you use it questionably for the past few months.

yep you do it a lot that gaslighting thing whenever you argue with someone here

discuss the topic dude and not discuss your opponents mental stability
Feb 10, 2017 10:04 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
Thrashinuva said:

I am discussing the topic:
traed said:
I fucking told you so.....

I'm not trying to get anyone to question their sanity, I'm just trying to get him to realize the error of his ways. When your parents scolded you did you always just assume that they were calling your sanity into question?

You throw that argument out quite a lot, but you don't have the foggiest idea of what it means or when it applies.
Feb 10, 2017 10:14 PM

Mar 2008
Thrashinuva said:
traed said:

You brought up trump -.-
Feb 10, 2017 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:

I am discussing the topic:
traed said:
I fucking told you so.....

I'm not trying to get anyone to question their sanity, I'm just trying to get him to realize the error of his ways. When your parents scolded you did you always just assume that they were calling your sanity into question?

You throw that argument out quite a lot, but you don't have the foggiest idea of what it means or when it applies.

so your a parent now?

showing error of his ways is not an argument, you like implying the only sane people are the trump supporters so i will show you all how the psychological process behind anti-trump people

even you have to ask at times if your parents are right with their disciplinary actions especially if its repeated/excessive already

if you want to correct anti-Trump people then argue about the policies of Trump and not argue about the thinking process of your opponent
degFeb 10, 2017 10:26 PM
Feb 10, 2017 10:34 PM

Nov 2016
Can someone break it down in layman's terms as to what the TPP is/was?
Feb 10, 2017 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
SpamuraiSensei said:
Can someone break it down in layman's terms as to what the TPP is/was?

TPP is a trade deal that will give businesses especially big corporations more power than the government

the most worrying things about TPP on top of my head
- patents will be longer especially for medicine so cheaper generic medicines will be longer to obtain
- businesses like hollywood can sue you with piracy in the court of USA even if you live in another country with different laws, heck any business can sue any government that is under TPP (so ye an example of businesses having more power than the government)

trade deals are great no doubt but TPP trade deal is anti-consumer
Feb 11, 2017 8:52 AM

May 2010
traed said:
Thrashinuva said:

You brought up trump -.-
Yes I did bring up Trump.
Feb 11, 2017 9:03 AM

May 2010
j0x said:
so your a parent now?
I did not say that I was being a parent.
j0x said:
showing error of his ways is not an argument, you like implying the only sane people are the trump supporters so i will show you all how the psychological process behind anti-trump people
OP never gave anything to argue against.
j0x said:
even you have to ask at times if your parents are right with their disciplinary actions especially if its repeated/excessive already
So your point is that one side is not exclusively wrong? But you of course don't believe that it would be wrong for one side to call out when the other side is indeed wrong, do you?
j0x said:
if you want to correct anti-Trump people then argue about the policies of Trump and not argue about the thinking process of your opponent
I like correcting people that are being overly stupid. Immahnoob is clearly pro-Trump but sometimes the things he says throw logic out the window, and so I get on him too.

In the case here I merely responded to something that did not provide any context for argument, and was merely an "I told you so", that wasn't aimed at anyone specific and didn't provide any details of the referenced discussion that supposedly took place.

It doesn't really seem like I could have gotten off the hook with you if I posted anything other than "You were right traed, you know better", as there isn't anything that could clearly be stated as the topic for argument. Is it that he was right? Is it the proposed trade deal? Is it the old trade deal? Is it the failing of the people who let the proposed trade deal come to light? I think most intelligent people could figure out what the real answer is here, but you can claim anything as nothing concrete is given.
Feb 11, 2017 9:31 AM

Apr 2012
You told us what? This trade deal isn't something new, it's been a thing since the TPP.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 11, 2017 3:50 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:
so your a parent now?
I did not say that I was being a parent.
j0x said:
OP never gave anything to argue against.
j0x said:
So your point is that one side is not exclusively wrong? But you of course don't believe that it would be wrong for one side to call out when the other side is indeed wrong, do you?
j0x said:
I like correcting people that are being overly stupid. Immahnoob is clearly pro-Trump but sometimes the things he says throw logic out the window, and so I get on him too.

In the case here I merely responded to something that did not provide any context for argument, and was merely an "I told you so", that wasn't aimed at anyone specific and didn't provide any details of the referenced discussion that supposedly took place.

It doesn't really seem like I could have gotten off the hook with you if I posted anything other than "You were right traed, you know better", as there isn't anything that could clearly be stated as the topic for argument. Is it that he was right? Is it the proposed trade deal? Is it the old trade deal? Is it the failing of the people who let the proposed trade deal come to light? I think most intelligent people could figure out what the real answer is here, but you can claim anything as nothing concrete is given.

you are not really correcting people if you are only showing the error of their ways
correcting others the proper way is by doing constructive criticism
from your recent replies you just enjoy destroying/shaming/blaming others through arguments, ye i do that sometimes and same with others but you do it so frequently

and why did you mention trump in this thread anyway?
Feb 11, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2009
Josh said:
The title is click bait. A few sections of overlap aren't enough to make them the same, even if those sections are literally identical.

Typical Trump supporters on here, downplaying every bit of criticism of President Trump. You should get a life "Josh".

HEY, WAIT A SECOND.

Do you have any particular insight as to the differences between them, or are you just being diplomatic?
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Feb 11, 2017 4:23 PM

Jan 2015
Hope you guys are ready to be sued for all your anime avatars.
Feb 11, 2017 5:15 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
you are not really correcting people if you are only showing the error of their ways
from your recent replies you just enjoy destroying/shaming/blaming others through arguments, ye i do that sometimes and same with others but you do it so frequently

Having the opportunity to adjust your own thinking is usually a much more effective method of changing than for someone else to tell you how to change. Not only that, but it's very unlikely that someone will change just because someone told them to. That command has to come from someone that person respects, or else it just breeds defiance. At least with the claim that they are wrong they can at least internally accept the possibility of that being the case, and then reflect on it.

There's a reason "reflect on your actions" has always been a popular phrase when scolding someone who is wrong, with or without punishment.

Your claim that my criticism wasn't constructive is your own baseless opinion.

I have no intention of shaming anyone who is not trying to deceive people. You often intentionally deceive people, and so shaming you is the best possible deterrent. Traed doesn't deceive that often and so my objective here was not to shame him. As for the blame game, I can't recall blaming anyone for anything that they didn't do, I really feel you just pulled that one out of nowhere, a bit like the gaslighting claim that you're no longer making. As for destroying, the only thing I intend to destroy are misconceptions and preconceptions. If a persons ego should be in the way then so be it. Your ego has nothing to do with the truth, and the truth is essential in political discussion.

As for frequency, I haven't been posting at all here much since about December, picking back up only a little bit and very recently, so this also feels entirely baseless. My posting frequency here has been rather small, let alone what percentage of those posts even consists of arguments.
Feb 11, 2017 6:36 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:

Having the opportunity to adjust your own thinking is usually a much more effective method of changing than for someone else to tell you how to change. Not only that, but it's very unlikely that someone will change just because someone told them to. That command has to come from someone that person respects, or else it just breeds defiance. At least with the claim that they are wrong they can at least internally accept the possibility of that being the case, and then reflect on it.

There's a reason "reflect on your actions" has always been a popular phrase when scolding someone who is wrong, with or without punishment.

Your claim that my criticism wasn't constructive is your own baseless opinion.

I have no intention of shaming anyone who is not trying to deceive people. You often intentionally deceive people, and so shaming you is the best possible deterrent. Traed doesn't deceive that often and so my objective here was not to shame him. As for the blame game, I can't recall blaming anyone for anything that they didn't do, I really feel you just pulled that one out of nowhere, a bit like the gaslighting claim that you're no longer making. As for destroying, the only thing I intend to destroy are misconceptions and preconceptions. If a persons ego should be in the way then so be it. Your ego has nothing to do with the truth, and the truth is essential in political discussion.

As for frequency, I haven't been posting at all here much since about December, picking back up only a little bit and very recently, so this also feels entirely baseless. My posting frequency here has been rather small, let alone what percentage of those posts even consists of arguments.

what makes you think im deceiving people? i do not remember doing that

sure reflecting on your own actions is so wise and all but what are you are doing is just either gaslighting or destructive criticism that will not make the person reflect on his/her ways at all

what i mean by frequency and blaming is whenever you argue here on CE about Trump matters, rather than you defend the policies of Trump you more tend to attack/blame your opponent's thought process in general and not just with Trump

dude defend Trump's policies with valid arguments and not with your gaslighting tactics or even ad hominem that is all im saying to you here
Feb 11, 2017 7:11 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
what are you are doing is just either gaslighting or destructive criticism that will not make the person reflect on his/her ways at all
That is your opinion, and I disagree with it. And I would again like to point out that you don't seem to have any idea what gaslighting actually entails.

j0x said:
what i mean by frequency and blaming is whenever you argue here on CE about Trump matters, rather than you defend the policies of Trump you more tend to attack/blame your opponent's thought process in general and not just with Trump
How can I possibly blame someone without actually detailing what they were responsible for? Often times a persons assessment of something like a policy is fully inclusive of all factual information, but merely has extraneous misconceptions tacked on. When something like that is presented, a defense of the policy would merely be stating what it is, which they've already outlined and understand, and then further the defense would discredit those extraneous details that don't realistically apply. Under your watch, such a defense would be called an attack.

j0x said:
dude defend Trump's policies with valid arguments and not with your gaslighting tactics or even ad hominem that is all im saying to you here
I don't think you understand when ad hominem applies either.

j0x said:
what makes you think im deceiving people? i do not remember doing that
Referring to something as a Muslim ban, even when you know it's not, without revealing that your name for it is a generalization and not strictly to the truth is in itself deception. You make a habit of employing these deceptive tactics, and it would be a shame if anyone fell for your traps.
Feb 11, 2017 7:26 PM

Jan 2009
@Thrashinuva

it is a muslim ban considering its base on a religious grounds like christians are exempled from the ban and only the muslims of those muslim countries are banned

looks like its hopeless to change your mind about your tactics of defending Trump huh, i gave up
Feb 11, 2017 10:15 PM

May 2010
j0x said:
@Thrashinuva

it is a muslim ban considering its base on a religious grounds like christians are exempled from the ban and only the muslims of those muslim countries are banned

looks like its hopeless to change your mind about your tactics of defending Trump huh, i gave up
And now you're flat out lying (or you're just disgustingly misinformed). The ban doesn't single out muslims at all. It's a general ban from specific countries that pose a threat. Whether they claim they're Christian, Muslim, or of no religion, they'll still be barred from entering the country.

The ban wouldn't make sense otherwise, when people can decide at the drop of a hat whether they're Muslim or Christian.
Feb 11, 2017 11:26 PM

Jan 2009
Thrashinuva said:
j0x said:
@Thrashinuva

And now you're flat out lying (or you're just disgustingly misinformed). The ban doesn't single out muslims at all. It's a general ban from specific countries that pose a threat. Whether they claim they're Christian, Muslim, or of no religion, they'll still be barred from entering the country.

The ban wouldn't make sense otherwise, when people can decide at the drop of a hat whether they're Muslim or Christian.

here are my arguments on why i think its a muslim ban https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1591616
inform me and everyone else on why its not a muslim ban then
Feb 15, 2017 9:19 PM
Jul 2018
kinda like SOPA, keeps coming back like a bad penny in a sliiiightly altered form
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.