Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2017 2:30 AM

Sep 2012
j0x said:
Yomiyuki said:
i think this will help improve the situation, but i think it's also kinda of a waste of money ultimately.
the problem isn't really that immigrants are obsessed with the idea of living in the us and draining resources, i really don't think they think about that, it's more just seeking betterment of their lives. and when the process of getting a visa and coming here legally, is so outdated, and time consuming, it's not really surprising that immigration is such a big problem. i think a combination of improving visa laws, effort on the part of the mexican goverment, because this is also their problem, and trump shedding light on the disgraceful poverty problem in mexico, will do more to curtail immigration than building a wall will, in proportion to costs of those things.
i know a ton of mexicans who plan on returning to mexico once they're financially able to do so, the problem is that that time never comes, for a myriad of reasons.
one of the biggest ones is the extreme lack of opportunities in mexico.

do you think USA should economically help Mexico? another Grand Marshall Plan that the USA did for Europe can work in Mexico too? for me its worth the try and may even become lower in cost in the long run but i do not know the computation just a guess considering millions of dollars is equal to billions of mexican pesos already

rich countries could help poor countries industrialize and become somewhat rich countries themselves so that the poor countries overpopulation can be lessened and that more job opportunities will be available

economically? no i dont, i dont think that solves the current problem of immigration.
i think there should be discussions on how to help improve the problem in mexico, be it meetings with pena nieto and the mexican goverment that can help the u.s. and ultimately bring immigration numbers down, etc, but i think giving money to the country won't help it as much it would hurt the u.s. when that money can be used on other things.
like providing a solution to the problem of a large number of people who came here as infants not having permanent residence for example.
people who've spent 90% of their lives here are expected to leave the country, assimilate to another country, that is for all intents and purposes, alien to them; work over there, study over there, and construe a life over there, when they're more american than chicanos born here out of wedlock.
what a lot of people who oppose things like DACA(which is flawed, btw) don't understand is that people who came here as toddlers aren't the same as illegal immigrants who have not assimilated at all.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Jan 26, 2017 2:57 AM

Apr 2012
GamerDLM said:
You seem to be using the Change of Administration as an end all argument
Of course, or do you lack the most basic information about how this shit works?
first of all, also placing a lot of trust in his ability to make another country pay for a US infrastructure project that also should be made with US manufactured goods in relation to his other promise. So I guess in both of those cases it divulges into the standard we'll have to wait and see but I'm not holding my breath.
I'm sure you didn't hold your breath on him running, or winning the election, or keeping all his other promises, or...
As for the shift of goalposts I also mentioned in my statistics in the prior post it entirely assumes almost all of the illegal immigrants from Mexico and Central America came by other means so if you want to get into planes there is an admittance of a lack of hard facts.
By other means, which are what? None of those mentioned in your articles, that's what. These bills he's pushing include all types of ways to stop this being an issue.
Which I would attribute in the difficulty matter of measuring. It's not like they can poll all illegal immigrants and say how they entered so most of it is guess work based on the current estimates for illegal citizens as well as comparing it to visas and trying to compare how many left vs how many stayed.
So what you're telling me is that these are estimates based on estimates?
As for the cartels I mean when has America ever complained about having more guns.
Illegal guns. How is this even an argument though?
But the drug aspect is a bit more complicated. Americans are very much over-prescribed homemade painkillers that are often more harmful and addictive than Heroin.
Are we ignoring the fact that there is an economic and social issue with allowing illegal drugs in because you're not ok with accepting that a wall could stop that?
It also doesn't help that the war on drugs ends up driving down the price of heroin making it more accessible. So one major step would be to convert the war on drugs to a health issue. Much like Canada has tried out. In addition to also reinforcing this method with Mexico to try and reduce the problem on both fronts. But trying to limit or stop supply and consumption has not worked and there is nothing to say that it will work in the future.
There is nothing to say a wall with about 10k border guards can't stop it.
People are going to keep doing drugs that's just a basic fact of life so more money should be put into funding things like health care facilities to reduce the immediate risks of drug use.
So let me get this straight, your argument now is basically downplaying the wall as a solution to introduce another solution you think is more fit, but ignoring the fact that your solution does not impede illegal immigration in any way or drug movement (thus, not impeding drug usage).

You're that gone, aren't you?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 26, 2017 3:06 AM

Mar 2016
Who is he going to get to build that wall?
The Mexicans? lol

On top of that he wants Mexico to pay for the wall?
Mexico might just build it if they are getting paid to make the damn thing. XD
Only thing about that is if you make some thing then you know the flaws that are in it and where they are at. XD

Also adding this in here cause found it funny.

Jan 26, 2017 3:06 AM

Apr 2012
@traed
You're whole argument is just a "might" not anything backed by what is recently going on.
You tried, but this is a failure as an introduction to your argument. It is actually based on what is recently going on. That is, it's based on exactly the laws that ol' Trump is creating.
You're not going to see some huge reversal of trends in an instant. Whether Democrat or Republican the US rarely changes much in deportation policy and if it does it just goes back to where it was with whoever else is next. US politics barely go anywhere. Mexico also has an improving economy so they dont have as much reason to go into the US. So obviously there isnt going to be a huge surge of Mexicans
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/04/mexico-is-getting-better-and-fewer-mexicans-want-to-leave/275064/
I don't see how I should care about this. I think I mentioned how the wall is now going to stop illegal border entrance now and in the future. No matter if Mexicans come or not.
However Trumps policies fuck with the Mexican economy which in turn will bring in more illegals... oops
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-04/with-or-without-the-wall-trump-wreaks-havoc-on-mexico-s-economy
There's a wall now. Which if the Mexicans won't pay for, NAFTA will suddenly disappear and fuck over Mexico.
I've seen this. I don't see how this is telling me what you need to have in your argument. Them not actually paying full taxes but some are at least paying taxes only tells me they're either too lazy to get a Green Card, are using the US's privileges to then leave (as you mentioned yourself) after they've pretty much abused the system or do not qualify for a Green Card.
This is one of those cases in which I can say "Illegal immigrants are stealing people's jobs.", with less of these illegal immigrants, Americans (legal Americans basically), will have jobs instead. Since around 21m Americans want a job or a full job.
Id have to get back on the immigration through visa and tourism overstay thing later.
Don't worry, whatever you're going to mention there, it's probably going to be wrong, since there's a change of administration and all is covered.
1. Broaden Enforcement Priorities. According to Section 5(c), the Secretary of Homeland Security has now been granted the power to prioritize for removal those who “have committed acts that constitute a chargeable criminal offense.” This means anyone who has crossed the border illegally. Whereas under President Obama, other crimes were prioritized, now illegal presence in the country has become a priority for law enforcement. The executive action also extends prioritization to false use of a Social Security number, for example (Section 5(d)), or taking public benefits illegally (Section 5(e)).

2. Add Agents. The order grants the Secretary the ability to hire 10,000 additional law enforcement officers with money to be found under current allocations.

3. Allow States To Help Police Immigration. Whereas the Obama administration sued the Arizona state government for aiding in enforcement of federal immigration law, Section 8(b) of the order allows States and local law enforcement officials to “perform the functions of immigration officers in relation to investigation, apprehension, or detention of alients in the United States.”

4. Kills Funding To Sanctuary Cities. The jurisprudence on federal grants to states and cities is rather complex, but this executive action seeks to remove eligibility to receive federal grants if those jurisdictions refuse to comply with federal immigration law. The executive order also creates a public shaming capacity for the feds: they are to “make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens and any jurisdiction that ignored or otherwise failed to honor any detainers with respect to such aliens.”

5. Restoring The Secure Communities Program. The Obama administration originally had a program that allowed the feds to check immigration databases to see local offenders who were here illegally; Obama then killed this in favor of the Priority Enforcement Program, which put limitations on such communication. Trump is returning to the original system.

6. Make Foreign Negotiations Contingent on Acceptance of Repatriated Illegal Immigrants. Section 12 explicitly orders the Secretary of State to “ensure that diplomatic efforts and negotiations with foreign states include as a condition precedent the acceptance by those foreign states of their nationals who are subject to removal from the United States.”

7. Make Data More Transparent. The order directs the Secretary of Homeland Security and Attorney General to collect data on immigration status of all aliens incarcerated in federal prisons, as well as all federal pretrial detainees, as well as all convicted aliens in state and local prisons.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 3:14 AM

Apr 2012
JustALEX said:
Yeah ok....now here are the actual FACTS:

>IF this wall gets built it will be with AMERICAN TAXPAYER MONEY....and we're talking BILLIONS of dollars!
Not really, I'd wait to see the negotiations with Mexico. NAFTA is a big deal for them. If it or Mexico disappears from the NAFTA, they'll get a huge hit.
It's not as if their president with his approval rating doesn't have enough issues though.
>It will NOT be a continuous wall....that is LITERALLY impossible due to the terrain and other logistical nightmares.
It's more an issue of the terrain, logistics aren't that big of a deal here. But yeah, a fence is enough there.
>Finally and most importantly....it will NOT be effective....this will NOT stop people from coming from Mexico or drugs from flooding the country.
If you can't pass through something, that means you're not going to be on the other side of it, that's basic physics. Solid objects have tightly bond atoms, and some solids are defined by high strength, meaning that they can withstand a certain amount of stress without failure.

That's how a wall stops an object that wants to pass through, by simply being there.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 3:20 AM

Jun 2008
Cookies said:
JustALEX said:
>Finally and most importantly....it will NOT be effective....this will NOT stop people from coming from Mexico or drugs from flooding the country.
I'd like the just point at that you've stated a bunch of negative facts about the wall but then pull out of thin air as your final point that it won't be effective at all yet this is just speculation. You've got no reason to believe nor any facts why the wall isn't going to be effective in helping stop people entering the country.

Fair enough...the last point is not a Fact at all, it's an opinion...my bad.

But let's see how "effective" an unguarded wall of 2000 fucking miles stops anyone.

All it is is a MINOR inconvenience.

A ladder solves your problem.

All this does is make the ladder industry rich!

Better start buying stocks!
Jan 26, 2017 3:24 AM

Apr 2015
JustALEX said:
Cookies said:
I'd like the just point at that you've stated a bunch of negative facts about the wall but then pull out of thin air as your final point that it won't be effective at all yet this is just speculation. You've got no reason to believe nor any facts why the wall isn't going to be effective in helping stop people entering the country.

Fair enough...the last point is not a Fact at all, it's an opinion...my bad.

But let's see how "effective" an unguarded wall of 2000 fucking miles stops anyone.

All it is is a MINOR inconvenience.

All this does is make the ladder industry rich!

Better start buying stocks!
I'd call it more than a minor inconvenience considering you're saying it's not inconvenient for Mexicans to cross the border, which it certainly is considering there are already walls and border patrols. If it was easier than a minor convenience (what you're implying it is right now), the population of Mexico would be a lot less and the US' a lot more. It's a lot harder to cross the border than you seem to think, and the wall will only make it harder; it'll be a lot harder than a "minor inconvenience" to cross the border.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jan 26, 2017 3:31 AM

Apr 2012
@JustALEX
unguarded

5k more border guards. It's in the OP and several other posts.
Not when there's a person that will push the ladder down.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 4:23 AM

Mar 2015
DreamingBeats said:
Kuma said:
i'll just wait those "wall" become tour destination like Great Wall of Chinese...

should we call this wall "Great Wall of Merica"?

inb4 a few years from now, long after Trump's presidency
"...and to the right you see a partially built wall from one of the most controversial presidents in US history. this not-so Great Wall of Merica is preserved as a reminder of how an election can turn out in the worst possible way. to your left you'll see..."

hey, you are being too negative there...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 26, 2017 4:30 AM

May 2016
Since the day he got elected, something deep inside me says:

Meme time have just began.
Jan 26, 2017 4:38 AM

Apr 2012
Elanin said:

The wall gets 10 feet higher every time Kek is conjured.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 4:53 AM

Mar 2016
Lets say the wall was already done and everything and had been up for so many years.
In the future might hear some thing like this all over again. XD

Only it be Mr (Insert name here) Tear down this wall!

Jan 26, 2017 5:05 AM
Apr 2013

Grab your ladders lads, we gonna climb over the wall.
Jan 26, 2017 5:52 AM

Oct 2014
BasedThomas said:
mochakawaiibear said:
This guy is a legit dumbass. I hope more "illegal" immigrants come now than ever

It's more than immigration.

Cartels running drugs from Mexico to the US and running guns and cash back to Mexico.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/12/462781469/in-mexico-tens-of-thousands-of-illegal-guns-come-from-the-u-s

Not to mention that most of the Heroin in the United States comes from Mexico.
The thing is most people (me included) don't think a wall will stop that. They'll get through somehow
Jan 26, 2017 5:56 AM

Apr 2012
mochakawaiibear said:
BasedThomas said:

It's more than immigration.

Cartels running drugs from Mexico to the US and running guns and cash back to Mexico.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/12/462781469/in-mexico-tens-of-thousands-of-illegal-guns-come-from-the-u-s

Not to mention that most of the Heroin in the United States comes from Mexico.
The thing is most people (me included) don't think a wall will stop that. They'll get through somehow
How is the question. Did the Mexicans create a new technology to teleport over the wall without documents? Is that the case for every illegal immigrant after Mexico releases this evil technology?

If you and "most" of those that believe this believe it hard enough, the wall will not be built because it's truly useless then.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 5:58 AM

Jun 2008
Look a good way to get the money back from the wall is not building just a wall but a GREAT WALL. Just look how much money China made from tourist visiting their great wall.

It should be made great as to attract tourist, with gold at places and Trump statues and artwork on the wall and be big enough to walk on it and garrison places for border patrol guards etc.
Why build just a wall instead of a GLORIOUS GREAT WALL.

Hoppy said:
Hopefully it doesn't end up bankrupting the US.

Lol, only if everything is made of pure gold.
MonadJan 26, 2017 6:03 AM
Jan 26, 2017 6:12 AM

Jun 2008
Immahnoob said:
@JustALEX
unguarded

5k more border guards. It's in the OP and several other posts.
Not when there's a person that will push the ladder down.

So.....let me get this straight....supposedly 5K guards?

Lol...and who pays them?!

Let me guess?? MARTIANS!

Or maybe they won't be paid at all!

Jesus Christ.

Monad said:
Look a good way to get the money back from the wall is not building just a wall but a GREAT WALL. Just look how much money China made from tourist visiting their great wall.

It should be made great as to attract tourist, with gold at places and Trump statues and artwork on the wall and be big enough to walk on it and garrison places for border patrol guards etc.
Why build just a wall instead of a GLORIOUS GREAT WALL.

All jokes aside....NO ONE....absolutely NO ONE will travel to bum fuck Texas to visit a wall.

This thing will be hemorrhaging U.S Dollars like crazy if it is truly built the way these people want.
Jan 26, 2017 6:41 AM

May 2010
Why did kings even hole themselves up in castles when invaders could just bring ladders to climb over their walls?

Seriously. Walls never worked ever for anybody.
Jan 26, 2017 6:47 AM

Jun 2008
Thrashinuva said:
Why did kings even hole themselves up in castles when invaders could just bring ladders to climb over their walls?

Dude, we're talking about 2,000 miles of BRUTAL terrain.

Not a singular castle or something small and easy to protect.

Trump is NOT the first guy to think of this plan.

MANY others have also thought and even wanted to do it....and ALL of them failed in one way or another.

But NOW we're supposed to believe this will work!
Jan 26, 2017 7:01 AM

May 2010
JustALEX said:
Thrashinuva said:

Not a singular castle or something small and easy to protect.

Trump is NOT the first guy to think of this plan.

MANY others have also thought and even wanted to do it....and ALL of them failed in one way or another.

But NOW we're supposed to believe this will work!
Just thought I should add a few more pictures of walls.

All of these locations were plagued with Mexican immigrants just as soon as they relied on these feeble structures. I don't know how anyone can believe in brick and stone.
Jan 26, 2017 7:05 AM

Apr 2012
@JustALEX
So.....let me get this straight....supposedly 5K guards?

Lol...and who pays them?!

Let me guess?? MARTIANS!

Or maybe they won't be paid at all!

Jesus Christ.
"American jobs should be paid by Mexico because Trump said the wall will be paid by Mexico." - JustALEX with his impeccable logic.

"HEY GUYS, IT'S WRONG THAT TRUMP CREATED 5K MORE JOBS WITH HIS BORDER GUARDS." - JustALEX with his priorities straight.
Great, terrain they won't pass through.
I mean, are you saying border guards can't look over it but Mexicans can pass through it?

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 7:48 AM

Jun 2008
Oh god now you're spinning this for job creation?

YAY....5K jobs of useless work paid by American Taxpayers for guarding their $20 billion wall!

YES...Brutal Terrain that Mexicans risk their lives to cross EVERY DAY!

But somehow YOU and others like you think that a fucking wall is going to stop them!

NO...it's a MINOR inconvenience at best.
Jan 26, 2017 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
Immahnoob said:
Great, terrain they won't pass through.
I mean, are you saying border guards can't look over it but Mexicans can pass through it?

Yeah. Can you catch all the ants, flies, cockroaches, and rats BEFORE they enter to your house? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, for a big ass wall there will always be a big ass tunnel full of delicious drugs as an answer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) They probably already started building it
Jan 26, 2017 8:06 AM

Apr 2012
@JustALEX
YAY....5K jobs of useless work paid by American Taxpayers for guarding their $20 billion wall!
Useless? No, they're keeping out those really courageous Mexicans that are trying to risk their lives to pass through brutal terrain.
But somehow YOU and others like you think that a fucking wall is going to stop them!
12 meters tall wall of concrete and steel would probably stop a lot of people. I doubt illegal immigrants have tanks.
NO...it's a MINOR inconvenience at best.
You've probably watched too much Attack on Titan, Alex.
gemanepa said:
Anyway, for a big ass wall there will always be a big ass tunnel full of delicious drugs as an answer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) They probably already started building it
With the border guards there, looking over them.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
Immahnoob said:
gemanepa said:
With the border guards there, looking over them.

A little more farther, obviously... In the zone with the guard who comes to work with his new expensive car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 26, 2017 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
Said it once and I will say it again
I'm not gonna let my border state tax dollars be contributed to this trash

the motherfucking moron can "borrow" from congress or attempt to "negotiate" with mexico but the moment my already misused tax dollars are unwittingly contributed to this garbage…
Jan 26, 2017 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
seriously...a wall will not solve anything...people will still migrate...what have america become...
Jan 26, 2017 8:37 AM

May 2010
clandestine said:
Said it once and I will say it again
I'm not gonna let my border state tax dollars be contributed to this trash

the motherfucking moron can "borrow" from congress or attempt to "negotiate" with mexico but the moment my already misused tax dollars are unwittingly contributed to this garbage…
Hook me up when you rob the treasury.
Jan 26, 2017 9:02 AM

Dec 2016
Well, to be perfectly honest you can pay for a lot of shit if you stop spending elsewhere. Like paying for other countries planned parenthood and healthcare. Apparently between 600 million and 10 billion.

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/01/23/511246176/trump-bans-u-s-funding-for-groups-that-promote-abortion-overseas
Jan 26, 2017 9:03 AM
Mar 2011
Soverign said:
Well, to be perfectly honest you can pay for a lot of shit if you stop spending elsewhere. Like paying for other countries planned parenthood and healthcare. Apparently between 600 million and 10 billion.

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/01/23/511246176/trump-bans-u-s-funding-for-groups-that-promote-abortion-overseas

trump is a hardcore zionist he will pump money in ot that
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 26, 2017 9:06 AM

Dec 2016
DateYutaka said:
Soverign said:

It is typical Leftism retardation anyways. Sending all that money to countries like mexico, for that, since it is rather Catholic. I bet they never just send that money to something else while smirking at the stupid gringos. XD
Jan 26, 2017 9:08 AM
Mar 2011
Soverign said:
DateYutaka said:

It is typical Leftism retardation anyways. Sending all that money to countries like mexico, for that, since it is rather Catholic. I bet they never just send that money to something else while smirking at the stupid gringos. XD

you have double standed here i do not
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jan 26, 2017 9:11 AM

Dec 2016
DateYutaka said:
Soverign said:

So basically... I have a double standard because I assumed what is happening with the money in certain countries due to cultural standards. But you don't because you assume it will go to Zionism. I understand. Its okay. There, there.
Jan 26, 2017 9:26 AM
Mar 2011
Soverign said:
DateYutaka said:

So basically... I have a double standard because I assumed what is happening with the money in certain countries due to cultural standards. But you don't because you assume it will go to Zionism. I understand. Its okay. There, there.

cultural standards i call bulshit what baout he the omoy ot the Saudis too i put zionist abd saudis in the same league

Jan 26, 2017 9:30 AM

Dec 2016
DateYutaka said:
Soverign said:

cultural standards i call bulshit what baout he the omoy ot the Saudis too i put zionist abd saudis in the same league

So basically you don't understand the stance of Catholicism on abortion? And something, something about the Saudis I have no idea about. But I am fairly certain about their stance on abortion also. Are we giving them money too?

Also since we are talking about things Trump cannot and will not ever do. here you go.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/trump-mattis-take-fight-isis-bomb-isis-31-times-day-1-video/

31 times in 1 day? Damn.
Jan 26, 2017 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
Elanin said:

the start of United Memes of Am'urica aka memerica
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 26, 2017 9:34 AM

Apr 2012
Damn, it seems Mexico might not pay for the wall after all.

It seems NAFTA will be one-sided now. Mexico's debt to the US is pretty big.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 9:34 AM
Mar 2011
Soverign said:
DateYutaka said:

So basically you don't understand the stance of Catholicism on abortion? And something, something about the Saudis I have no idea about. But I am fairly certain about their stance on abortion also. Are we giving them money too?

Also since we are talking about things Trump cannot and will not ever do. here you go.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/trump-mattis-take-fight-isis-bomb-isis-31-times-day-1-video/

31 times in 1 day? Damn.

bobming cites more peopel will cuase more ot jion isis attack milaryy only targets then sisi will lose

Jan 26, 2017 9:39 AM

May 2016

The United States of Memeica
Jan 26, 2017 9:51 AM

Jun 2016
Hmmm, considerable lack of "The j00s will pay for it khekhekhe" posts here.
I think I might be a bit proud right now.
Jan 26, 2017 9:52 AM

Mar 2015
DreamingBeats said:
Elanin said:

the start of United Memes of Am'urica aka memerica

what do you mean the start? you think we haven't seen you as one already?

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 26, 2017 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
Erg_Orgy said:
Hmmm, considerable lack of "The j00s will pay for it khekhekhe" posts here. I think I might be a bit proud right now.

The tax payers will pay for it khekhekhe. wait. i'm one of them. fml.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 26, 2017 9:55 AM

Apr 2012
Build it then force them to pay later also works. I guess tax remittances can be useful for economic blackmail.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 9:57 AM

Jun 2012
I hope he doesn't forget the ceiling.

Some contractors I'll tell you, they're made lousy people.
Jan 26, 2017 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
Mexico will pay for the wall, if not directly, then through sanctions and NAFTA, a lot of people don't consider this I've noticed.
Jan 26, 2017 11:20 AM

Jul 2012

For the first one, other means being, car, bus, train, etc. You know the modes of transportation that are more common and practical when traveling shorter distances than plane (Like from Mexico to Texas).
Estimates based on estimates would be accurate, just like how the illegal immigration population and the amount crossing the border illegally would also be estimates based on past estimates. I mean if you were to look a 2015 the Illegal Immigration population was said to be between 10.9 and 15.7 million based on national census. Pew Research probably had the most specific numbers but even those are estimates based on community and population surveys.
As for the evidence that using a wall or putting more funding into things like the drug war won't reduce drugs, I could cite every administration since the Reagan administration.
But as for the other parts I don't see why treating a drug problem that is never going to go away as a health issue is so outlandish to you but a giant wall across the southern border is totally acceptable. Considering one of the major alleged routes for drugs goes straight from central American to Canada I don't see why they won't switch routes and increase suppliers to meet demand. That's basic economics and one of the reasons why the war on drugs has dropped the price of heroin in the US. But saying economic and social issues is too vague when the plan I suggested is basically people take the illegal drugs they already have and are allowed to use them under the supervision of medical professionals in care facilities to avoid overdoses. With the option always available to rehabilitate themselves under the same facilities which based on the example I provided has been shown to be successful.
But I also never said this plan was a substitute for a wall, I basically said you using the drug problem as justification was wrong because it won't do anything to reduce drugs and based on history could make it worse or have no effect whatsoever.
Jan 26, 2017 11:20 AM

Oct 2015
WE'RE GONNA BUILD A WALL, AND THE U.S TAXPAYERS WILL PAY FOR IT.

Doesn't sound so appealing now does it?
Jan 26, 2017 11:28 AM

Jun 2011
Lobinde said:

Republicans only care about the budget when Democrats are in power. Prepare to hear only crickets when the deficit explodes again.
Jan 26, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2012
@GamerDLM
For the first one, other means being, car, bus, train, etc.
If they enter legally, there's no issue. If they overstay, ICE police will take care of them.
Estimates based on estimates would be accurate
In the world of the one that has the burden of proof and can't properly keep up with it?
but a giant wall across the southern border is totally acceptable.
Of course, after all, Hungary (check "Impact on the number of illegal migrants entering Hungary") did just that and they stopped having illegal immigration almost completely.
But I also never said this plan was a substitute for a wall, I basically said you using the drug problem as justification was wrong because it won't do anything to reduce drugs and based on history could make it worse or have no effect whatsoever.
Your revision of history isn't an argument. If drugs cannot flow into your country, then there can be no drug issue.
If the drug issue isn't fully related to the Mexicans, then we'll just have part of it solved while they try to find other fixes for other issues.

It's still a given that the wall will be a permanent solution for a problem that is constantly changing in magnitude.
@Lobinde

How is it any different from building schools or hospitals or roads or...

It's not a given that Mexico won't pay for it. The president of Mexico refused for now, but that's not a given. They're in debt to the neck with the US after all, NAFTA and all.

Autocrat said:
Jan 26, 2017 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Narmy said:
Lobinde said:

Republicans only care about the budget when Democrats are in power. Prepare to hear only crickets when the deficit explodes again.

With the size & scale Congress nor Mexico want to touch it with a ten foot pole, I imagine. And again, as someone who lives in a border state, this is what I've dreaded from the beginning. We already have an unfair equilibrium in the way our taxes support resources, and if it all is relocated to the "wall project", everything else is nullified and goes to shit. That's the last thing taxpayers in my state need.

I for one have repeatedly stated my opinion in other aspects of the "wall"- we already have a fence, upscaling that would be significantly less costly. Just update the fucking fence for gods sake.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.