Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 20, 2017 6:38 AM

Sep 2016

already better than konosuba, i think DEEN should try to crowdfund for future popular project
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 20, 2017 6:43 AM

Jan 2015
Will it be an hentai? The preview is pretty good overall. I played 3 of the novels. Would be cool if it made a TV series eventually. Doubt there's material for it though
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Jan 20, 2017 6:46 AM

Sep 2016
Angelquasilike said:
Will it be an hentai? The preview is pretty good overall. I played 3 of the novels. Would be cool if it made a TV series eventually. Doubt there's material for it though
i'd rather have huniepop harem anime
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 20, 2017 6:49 AM

Feb 2016
The power of croudfunding is real. I haven't played the game but I will legit watch this.
Jan 20, 2017 6:50 AM

Dec 2015
Angelquasilike said:

They have already announced that it's not going to be a hentai. The OVA will be 60minutes long and might have ecchi, but nothing more.
Jan 20, 2017 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
Yarrowia said:
Angelquasilike said:

They have already announced that it's not going to be a hentai. The OVA will be 60minutes long and might have ecchi, but nothing more.

Well I wouldn't mind either way. Sounds promising except for the nothing more, what's that supposed to mean? No more information, nothing more in the future, or that it will only have ecchi?
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Jan 20, 2017 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
Nothing can beat Konosuba .. Stop Comparing ..

Ah and looking forward to the OVA .. Anyways its going to be with a lot of fanservice..

Also Nekopara OVA kickstarter gathered $100000 in one hour .. If OVA goes sucessful then TV series is Inevitable ..

That said I have only played Volume 1..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Jan 20, 2017 7:07 AM

Dec 2015
Angelquasilike said:

Well I wouldn't mind either way. Sounds promising except for the nothing more, what's that supposed to mean? No more information, nothing more in the future, or that it will only have ecchi?

There isn't much information about the content, except its length and the fact that it's not hentai. Here are all the info they gave from the Kickstarter updates:
Jan 21, 2017 3:38 AM
Apr 2016
The quality in this pv anime is 10/10 , but idk the story
Jan 21, 2017 4:39 AM

Nov 2012
Does anyone know how long it will take Mal to approve this?
Tried to add it to my ptw list but couldn't.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Jan 21, 2017 6:36 AM

Dec 2012
The fuck haha! Maybe god does exist

Jan 21, 2017 7:05 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is going to be so much worse than it sounds like on paper. Literally all that Nekopara is worth playing for is the sex scenes. Making an all-ages adaptation of it is just going to result in a generic slice of life OVA taking place in a pastry shop, with some very light ecchi elements in it at best. You could watch pretty much any other seasonal moeblob show and you'd get the same thing but with four times the content

Not to mention that part of Nekopara's success also stems from it being the first real showcasing of the potential of the EMOTE visual novel engine, and how it managed to combine the advantages of anime's fluency with VN's CG art quality. In anime format this is going to become a non-factor since it's just going to be animated like any other anime is

So... yeah, don't get your hopes up too high. Just a tip :s
Jan 21, 2017 7:03 PM

Jan 2008
Actually surprise how well it looks, assuming the entire budget wasn't spent on the PV. The strawberry was bouncing pretty dam ridiculously though... like really.

Would of honestly preferred a hentai though but if it's not going that route, then I hope they make the girls as cute as possibly can be! Wasn't expecting much from it other than cute catgirls doing cute things in the first place. Though if it has any actual ecchi content, then I'm all for that too.

Now to wait for all that delicious gif material.

Not really familiar with any of the staff listed in the description either.
Jan 22, 2017 6:43 AM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:
This is going to be so much worse than it sounds like on paper. Literally all that Nekopara is worth playing for is the sex scenes. Making an all-ages adaptation of it is just going to result in a generic slice of life OVA taking place in a pastry shop, with some very light ecchi elements in it at best. You could watch pretty much any other seasonal moeblob show and you'd get the same thing but with four times the content

Not to mention that part of Nekopara's success also stems from it being the first real showcasing of the potential of the EMOTE visual novel engine, and how it managed to combine the advantages of anime's fluency with VN's CG art quality. In anime format this is going to become a non-factor since it's just going to be animated like any other anime is

So... yeah, don't get your hopes up too high. Just a tip :s

I was having same thoughts. As a simple slice of life, it's likely to end up being very generic, and getting forgotten very soon. As a hentai, with its extremely moe concept, global popularity, overall lack of nekomimi animated hentai, and over the average budget for a hentai (I couldn't actually find anything about actual budget-per-hentai-episode, so just assuming on that last one, based on regular budgets, and assuming hentai takes less), it would stay relevant for years, and top the hentai charts, since if Neko Works are good at anything, it's the merging of cute and sexy. But I guess we'll have to see, and hope that the outcome will not discourage them from animating some neko hentai in the future.

Also, does anyone know the credits of this song in the preview, and if there's a full version, or at least coming out sometime soon? I just love it so much, and would love to have the full thing on my playlist, to help get me through a day of work.
Jan 22, 2017 8:57 AM

May 2010
Yeah, I don't expect anything grand either, it's not like Nekopara vn had amazing comedy, complex characters or anything like that. I'm guessing simple, silly SoL OVA, nothing memorable.

Still, Vanilla-chan looks super cute animated :3 So that's one thing I'm looking forward to :3

Btw, why is it rated R+ here on MAL? I don't recall any information about it being ecchi - besides, in the PV there's no even one glimpse of anyone's pantsu :v
Jan 22, 2017 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
I think they said somewhere in faq when asked if it's gonna be hentai, and they said "just a little ecchi".
Jan 29, 2017 11:16 AM

Jun 2015
GosuGian said:
The fuck haha! Maybe god does exist

my thoughts exactly haha
Feb 8, 2017 5:20 PM
Nov 2015
it's beautiful holy fuck. i've played the vns so i'm super hyped to see all the characters animated <3

Yarrowia said:
Angelquasilike said:

60 minutes?? that's longer than i'd hoped it'd be
Feb 18, 2017 4:26 PM
May 2014
Why is this still pending approval. I can't add it to my list damnit.
Feb 18, 2017 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
I know this isn't going to be that great but seeing Chocola and Vanilla would be nice to be fairly honest.
Feb 18, 2017 4:34 PM

Jun 2016
Not enough Maple in this preview.
Feb 28, 2017 1:35 AM

May 2013
I'm honestly really excited about this. The PV looks awesome and the only weird thing about it is the strawberry. It's true that the plot or character development might not be all that great in 60 minute OVA but on the other hand it is going to be a full 60 minutes of catgirls. And who doesn't like catgirls? Who wouldn't want to see catgirls in anime? I'm sure I'm not alone with my thoughts because the OVA got over 10 000 backers through Kickstarter and Slacker Backer Campaign.
How to recognize an awesome anime character?
Oct 22, 2017 2:15 PM
Jul 2016
Angelquasilike said:

i pray every night, it will still be a great birthday present for me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nekopara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OrangeJP - Dec 21, 2017

92 by WELLERM »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:56 PM

» This was supposed to be hentai??

ItzYaBoiSatan - Mar 22, 2018

11 by Yerusalhgf »»
Mar 4, 2021 12:08 AM

» WTF!?!?!?! ( 1 2 )

AX3M - Mar 18, 2017

62 by AX3M »»
Mar 17, 2018 11:43 PM

» Its December...where is it?

-Jefuri- - Dec 4, 2017

13 by LoliMiyuki »»
Dec 22, 2017 3:27 AM

removed-user - Jun 30, 2017

15 by removed-user »»
Oct 16, 2017 12:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.