Forum Settings
Forums

If you had the cash to produce your own Anime, what would it be about?

New
Jan 1, 2017 5:51 PM

Dec 2016
Just as the title asks, if you had a million bucks what Anime would you like to see? Would it be your own fan-fiction? Or something based off a game or TV show?

Personally with all the awesome cycling shows like "Long Riders" and "Yowamushi Pedal" I would love to see a Anime about BMX that goes into such depths. Who knows, maybe someday right?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2017 6:31 PM

Feb 2014
Not to be a snarky asshole but anime cost way more that a million bucks to make.
I don't have the creative capacity to create an original show without pandering to the lowest possible denominator. However, I always wanting to see a actually adaptation of "edge of tomorrow"....

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jan 1, 2017 6:36 PM

Dec 2016
komet3 said:
Not to be a snarky asshole but anime cost way more that a million bucks to make.
I don't have the creative capacity to create an original show without pandering to the lowest possible denominator. However, I always wanting to see a actually adaptation of "edge of tomorrow"....

Actually "Edge of Tomorrow" would make a perfect Anime. I originally thought that I wouldn't like the movie thinking is would be just "Space Groundhogs day" but turned out I loved it!.
Jan 1, 2017 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
possibly an anime movie or 2 movies about technological singularity that shows the good end and bad end of making a super intelligent AI that improves/evolves millions times faster than human evolution and with a lot of super humans and super robots fighting each other to the death, i have not seen an anime battle since gurren lagann that destroys planets and stars as well as galaxies while the anime characters fight so i want to see that more on glorious sakuga animation
Jan 1, 2017 6:46 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Loli harem.

Definitely loli harem.

No oppai demons allowed.

Jan 1, 2017 6:46 PM

Feb 2015
But... This will be adapted whether I miraculously have a money or not.

In the eyes of @_Ako_ : The Revelation
In the eyes of @_Ako_ : The Truth
In the eyes of @_Ako_ : The Beginning of the End and the End of the Beginning; Escapism
Jan 1, 2017 6:50 PM

Apr 2016
Make another movie about Madoka Magica, where a happy life awaits the quintet instead of a messed up reality that Gen created @@.
Jan 1, 2017 6:55 PM

Jul 2015
In all seriousness
A anime with a complicated love dodecahedron and some comedy together. (stuff like Nagi no Asukara, Hatsukoi Monster)

But to be honest and real:
A reverse harem with fun characters. (stuff like Arcana Famiglia, Watashi ga Motete Dousunda)
Or just a adaption of Glass Heart Princess

Jan 1, 2017 7:49 PM

Jul 2015
killing weebs lmao

I would genuinely like to see an anime heavily insulting a type of person tbh.
Living is a velleity, because ice cream is life.

Jan 1, 2017 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
Netorare hardcore character and relationship building but then WHAM! the main girl gets dicked down by some random guy and go to the forums to see the cheetos stained paragraphs with fanboys crying about dumb shit.

Oh yeah.
Jan 1, 2017 8:09 PM

Sep 2014
Either a Kingdom meets Berserk meets HxH- Fantasy, war/military, adventure, drama has to be long running like 100+ episodes

or A 50+ episode Mafia Thriller

or A well balanced dark comedy following a serial killer and his struggles. about 12 episodes
Jan 1, 2017 8:11 PM

Jul 2014
I'd use something similar to the designs of the rank-and-file mechs from Comet Lucifer for a winter-themed strategy-heavy war anime with a squad of ski-riding saboteurs as the protagonist party. Music by Knut Avenstroup Haugen. No tropes. No spoon-feeding. No logical stretches. Worldbuilding and suspension of disbelief = most important.

One side would have mechs (bad guys) and the other side would have outdated technology and guerilla tactics.
Jan 1, 2017 8:29 PM

Oct 2016
Something like Nekopara man. That's the only shit that can make money nowadays
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2017 8:29 PM

Oct 2016
Or adaptation of something from the sakra series
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2017 8:41 PM

Aug 2016
Fantastical, psychological, action-packed, self-discovery adventure of a lesbian with yuri romance as an integral part of the plot. No, it's not gonna be like Flip Flappers. Needs to be less trippy & whimsical (not that those are bad, I just want to see more serious yuri done right). Also, the lesbians here are adults and not middle-schoolers.

Another option is to adapt all my fav yuri manga.
Jan 1, 2017 8:41 PM

May 2013
some SOL anime with BL love triangles lololol
Jan 1, 2017 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
I'd start adapting a lot of Korean manwha and webtoons that otherwise wouldn't get the chance to be seen in this medium. There's a lot of stories coming out of there that are far superior to much of what Japan is creating as far as source material is concerned.
Jan 1, 2017 8:51 PM

Dec 2014
Uhhh another fate adaptation why of course
Jan 1, 2017 9:03 PM

Jun 2016
I would just give it to studio Shaft, so they can complete the Monogatari series quicker. Im impatient

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Jan 1, 2017 9:04 PM

Sep 2013
Reincarnated as a Shinigami.

Mc is dies by truck-kun and is reincarnated as a shinigami.
He is above average in spirit powers and taken out from the slums and enters the spirit academy.
He is talented in the demon arts and gets along with everyone especially with 2 black haired beauties which garners the jealousy of many.
After many trails, fun times, tragedies and attacks by other students, he and the 2 beauties graduate and are ready to join the front line squads.
His goal is to become like the glasses wearing squad captain he admires so much.
Jan 1, 2017 9:13 PM

Jan 2015
I'll like make it anime with mal user as character sorta like that. I believe it'll suit if it a borderline hentai.

la critique de l'intention pure
Jan 1, 2017 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
An anime adaptation of Koko ga Uwasa no El Palacio.

Jan 1, 2017 9:21 PM
Jan 2017
Wouldnt produce my anime i would fun other ones that went bankrupt like gangsta or Deadman Wonderland
Jan 1, 2017 9:21 PM

Jun 2015
Ok......

So we have a story about a wannabe thug, a crooked 1850s town sheriff, a naïve couple obsessively in love with each other, a rugged ex-convict, a shady yet experienced psychologist, a charismatic yet lovelorn boxer, a nearly-insane chemist, and a lazy yet perceptive salesman.

All of them are inside a dark room with a locked door and one table in the corner. A dead man's body is laying on the floor, alongside a note that instructs them to discover the man's killer that is lurking among them. Only then will they escape the room they're trapped in.

As the show progresses, we see the ex-convict forming a bond with the wannabe thug, describing to him of the depressing details of his life in prison and encouraging him to not to walk into a life of crime.

We see the sheriff and the boxer engaged in a never-ending pissing contest, extoling their individual virtues at the cost of the other, bragging of the heroic conquests from their past lives (At the end, they learn to appreciate each other).

We see the salesman attempt to modify the couple's limited worldview, and help them realize that not everyone has their best interest at heart.

We see the psychologist and the chemist debate theories and philosophies, while using the others in the room to test out their ideas.

In the end, it is revealed that the psychologist is the murderer and the rest of the show is focused on the rest of the characters engaging in a battle of wits against the enigmatic being that trapped them in the dark room in the first place.

In another twist reveal, the being turns out to be...... the OG Cory Baxter.

This will be a show that explores a multitude of genres (rom-com, murder mystery, sports, westerns, gangster drama, slice-of-life, and psychological sci-fi). This will be a show with a diverse musical taste (hip-hop, jazz, folk blues, pop, techno, soft rock, etc.) and a fantastic English dub.

All in 35 seconds!
Jan 1, 2017 9:24 PM

May 2016
Let's see... something cyberpunk-ish, set in a semi-post-apocalyctic world, about a mute warrior-girl, with a giant, cybernetic protesys as her left arm, whose personal objective is, for no apparent reason, to protect a defenseless, innocent girl who has forgotten everything about herself. The story would, then, quickly switch his focus between each girls' identity, past and the current existence of a machine-like body named "God II", situated in the core of the earth, which internal program is slowly crashing, causing it to make a huge amount of people in the entire planet go totally crazy, since in almost every human brain is installed a neural-controlling dispositive able to control emotions. Between that, I would put in lots of yuri romance, obviously justified by the real identities of the protagonists, and not because I just like it, nope. The story would then focus, little by little, on the world's background, and on the previous existence of another "God"(currently dead) and the influence it had on the population back then. I'd also put a decent amount of violence and action here and there, to make it as hyping as possible.
Let's jump to the ending: it would be something like a final, epic battle between the warrior-girl and God II, which would end with the total destruction of what remains of the earth.

That's it.
Jan 1, 2017 9:26 PM

Sep 2014
Love Live. Nothing else interests me.
Jan 1, 2017 9:27 PM
Sep 2015
I want to make an anime about how sucks life is...
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Jan 1, 2017 9:40 PM

Apr 2008
I would do an adaptation anime for J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Silmarillion". Kyaaaaaa just thinking about who could play who in terms of seiyuu... Definitely Seki Tomokazu for Maedhros! Hehehe. But yeah, I like adaptations.

But if I had to make something original... well, I have an original fantasy RP that would be perfect! Or I'd do one about the music industry (not like UtaPri or B-Project) that's darker and more edgy... and chock full of shounen ai. Wait that's an RP of mine too... lol. Basically I'd have to pick between bishie BL or Elves and Dragons at the end of the day.
Jan 1, 2017 10:52 PM

Dec 2016
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
I'd start adapting a lot of Korean manwha and webtoons that otherwise wouldn't get the chance to be seen in this medium. There's a lot of stories coming out of there that are far superior to much of what Japan is creating as far as source material is concerned.

I watch a lot of K drama, and the action is actually pretty good! I'd be up to see one of these shows.
Jan 2, 2017 12:01 AM

Oct 2015
about a bad ass overpowered main character
Jan 2, 2017 12:08 AM

Mar 2013
I'd make a sports anime about a poker player.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jan 2, 2017 12:08 AM

Jul 2014
u not only need cash....u need the brains as well....
Jan 2, 2017 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
Actually, I'd use that cash to buy a military attack chopper. Chow.
Jan 2, 2017 12:11 AM

Apr 2015
Would mostly produce a cyberpunk show, inspired by Ghost in the shell and Serial experiments lain.
Jan 2, 2017 12:15 AM

Mar 2013
CreedyVenom said:
Actually, I'd use that cash to buy a military attack chopper. Chow.
That is slavery #attackhelicoptersarepeopletoo
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jan 2, 2017 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

No. Fuck that.
Jan 2, 2017 12:47 AM

Mar 2015
Would produce the next season to all anime that ended with cliffhangers.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jan 2, 2017 12:49 AM

Mar 2013
GaryMuffuginOak said:
Would produce the next season to all anime that ended with cliffhangers.
Better yet, just buy madhouse and force them to make a sequel.

Jan 2, 2017 12:52 AM

Oct 2010
I'll make an anime about chess. That's right, 26 eps of people playing chess in an epic way. The final battle is the protag against magnus karlsen. Mc wins, he is world champ and gets the cute russian chess girl.
Jan 2, 2017 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
I need to see an anime about shmups! Maybe make an anime adaptation of the DonPachi series.
Jan 2, 2017 1:19 AM

Dec 2015
A complete adaptation of The evillious chronicles.
Jan 2, 2017 1:26 AM

Apr 2009
I would just use the money to get Shaft or somebody to do Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria. That is my no.1 dream in terms of anime till it happens.
Jan 2, 2017 12:20 PM

Sep 2016
I don't know, an half decent yuri? A yaoi, even. One where the romance doesn't just carry the plot, maybe. Think of something like No.6.

That, or something steampunk.

Or some edgy dramatic shit.
Jan 2, 2017 12:24 PM
Jan 2016
I would basically make this in an anime form. It would be the best harem series EVER.
Jan 2, 2017 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
A harem with smart/badass mc + lot of cute girls
In the end the mc reject the tsundere for a nice girl <3
Jan 2, 2017 12:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the anime would have cute/sexy girls, tits ass and loli... what it would be about?... idfk lol
Jan 2, 2017 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
tragedydesu said:

Okay, it's time for me to stop you from receiving that money even if it takes me twice as much to hire the best assassin alive.
Jan 2, 2017 12:38 PM
Aug 2016
I Would make a bunch of Web Animation/ONAs, then finish off with a small teaser on 4 episodes about a fantasy world... Where people can travel from world to world. Almost like sword art online, but cooler. Imo.
Jan 2, 2017 12:43 PM

Jul 2015
_Ako_ said:
tragedydesu said:

Okay, it's time for me to stop you from receiving that money even if it takes me twice as much to hire the best assassin alive.

just send him , im not afraid :)
my waifu will protect me <3
Jan 2, 2017 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
Suzumiya season 3 obv

I will pay for aya hirano the first
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

56 by Pinoffin »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 2 hours ago

13 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 2 hours ago

14 by APolygons2 »»
4 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

6 by Ratris_Decision »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 3 hours ago

21 by -Ryu »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.