Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2016 1:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well I guess that's about it. It's finally come to an end

Can't say the last arc felt particularly necessary; if anything it was probably the worst of the whole manga. Although personally I can't say I ever really enjoyed the S&M part as much as most people either. It just made me feel guilty most of the time, probably because I'm an M and could never really relate to Kaoru. SS Sisters is more up my alley

That said, Nana to Kaoru is pretty unique. It might not pull off the psychological take on fetishes as well as Sundome or Ibitsu for example but it at least tries to be a bit different from the norm and I appreciate that
Dec 25, 2016 5:21 PM

Oct 2011
Thank you for the many years of high quality work. This manga has been very emotional and educational to me. I'm sorry to see it come to an end but I'll be sure to read it again some day.

P.S. Sorry for being so laconic but the thought that it's really over hasn't comletely sunk in

Dec 25, 2016 6:41 PM
Jul 2013
I first found this manga at the beginning of high school and have kept up with it into college. It got hard to follow these last two years due to the meandering of the plot and arcs but as others have said this is a unique manga. It taught me a lot about relationships and while I may not be satisfied with the ending I'm glad the characters had a happy ending so to speak.

I hope one day to find something similar and to go on another journey with a unique couple. Every month was always exciting to wait for the next chapter and I'll miss the possibilities. But until then I'll have to accept that this story is at its end. Like the user above me I still have a hard time believing it's over. It's a weird thing to realize. Regardless I'll definitely cherish this manga.
Dec 25, 2016 8:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I feel so strange. I've been reading this forever it seems and now with none of it i feel kinda empty without any breathers. Wonderful art and sexy themes were sometimes let down by a wishy washy story and a meandering last arc though.

Looking forward to what this mangaka does next.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 26, 2016 4:54 AM

Apr 2009
I can't believe it's finally over. I've been reading this manga for so long it's become part of my life.
Dec 26, 2016 7:29 AM

Jul 2015
Will be looking forward to his next manga but this final chapter wasn't satisfying....
Dec 26, 2016 10:28 AM
Aug 2016
Woah! Wasn't expecting it to end there!

I mean...I respect Sensei's decision to stop and end the manga. But I wanted to see more of Nana and Kaoru. What about their college days? Did Kaorumanage to get to the same place as Nana? They'll unfortunately remain a mystery. Definitely would love a 2nd season of this. Their breathers had become like 'breathers' to me too.....
They'll be missed.
Dec 26, 2016 11:05 AM
Mar 2011
I'm a little lost on the count.

MAL says 160 chapters, my counting says 156, the manga itself says 134 chapters.
Dec 26, 2016 12:45 PM

Feb 2011
this end wasn´t enough, I need more than this!!!!!

I`ve been reading this manga for long time and this end was like any other chapter...

Well, I just want to say I love this manga after all!!

Dec 26, 2016 1:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BloodyRaccoon said:
I'm a little lost on the count.

MAL says 160 chapters, my counting says 156, the manga itself says 134 chapters.
Chapter 134 and 156 are the same, just differently counted somehow. And the last remaining chapters are from including bonus chapters

Sooo basically the final chapter is "Chapter 134", which is the 156th chapter, but in actuality the 160th if you include bonus chapters. Or something like that. I've seen some other manga have similar weird countings in the past (like don't even get me started on wtf is up with One Punch Man's chapter numbering...)
Dec 28, 2016 8:56 PM

Jun 2013
Beautiful ending to a beautiful manga!
10/10
Now, time to reread arashi!
Mar 4, 2017 6:20 AM

May 2014
A shame this masterpiece ends, the last arc was unnecessary, they could've talked about the other SM couple a bit more and I wanted more couple progression between Nana and Kaoru, but at the same time I guess I'm glad they finally wrapped it up, a satisfactory ending.
And oh will I miss this, it really had a certain feel to it which distinguishes it from any other manga. I will look forward to the mangaka's future work.
10/10
Jun 8, 2017 4:58 PM

Oct 2012
I actually quite enjoyed it, I am not personally interested in SM(at least in particular, everything perverted is fine with me), but the manga is engaging even without that.

It's not often that I am satisfied with an ending, but in this case, I must admit - it ended just when it needed to. No useless fillers, no artificial prolonging of the plot, no real plot holes and major questions left, unless you like nitpicking. Just the development and the conclusion - the way it needs to be done.

And I must disagree with people telling last arc being unnecessary - it might have went overboard with all the action/abduction thing, and I must admit that the whole abduction rescue thing is used as a finish in a lot of series, especially with romance ending.. but it made for a more powerful closure in the end, while naturally giving a final glimpse at most other side characters.
I would say Nana was quite slow to develop and the last arc at least gave the final push to finish her development more naturally.

If you like something perverted - it will be at least slightly enjoyable, if you like romance - it will still be enjoyable for you, even despite some unusual elements...
If none of the above fit you - the characters and partly the storytelling can still carry it to be a decent manga for you, so overall it was very good.

I would say an 8/10 hits the spot, but I can see it easily being better than this for it's main audience.
Dec 1, 2017 3:30 PM

Dec 2015
Welp, this manga was one of the most weirdly entertaining ones I've ever read, it made me see S&M in a different light. Even though I enjoyed most of it, and even thought of putting it in my favorites at one point, the post-Okinawa stuff pretty bad. Still, it's a good manga. 7/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 31, 2018 6:00 AM

May 2012
Welp.. starts with S&M and ends in S&M i guess - would've been cool to see a couple chapters of the nana and kaoru as legit lovers but considering the whole manga they've been doing ultra sexual shit.. it's more than alot of other romance manga.

You don't have to like S&M - just go into reading this manga with an open mind and you might enjoy it and even learn something ;) 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2018 7:32 AM
Jan 2012
Jak said:
I get that they loved each other, but I was disappointed we didn't even get to see a kiss from them.

Yeah I was kinda feeling the same way.
Sep 29, 2018 1:28 AM

Jan 2018
Jak said:
I get that they loved each other, but I was disappointed we didn't even get to see a kiss from them.

This is exactly how i am feeling it right now. Whole this manga, since i started to read it (not even i am in to SM, but like that fashion and toys), there was an obvious connect between Nana and Kaoru. Many ways passed through, where was an obvious situation, they love each other. Not even they couldn't say to each other "i love you", not even that goddamn kiss wasn't there. Jeez. I am very disappointed in this way... On other side, this manga was amazing and i have enjoying it so much. Art, Expressions, Feelings, deep of circumstances and actions... Art, Sexuality... all of this was amazing.

Only 2 parts were driving me crazy.

Yeah and at the end i think this manga should really get a category as a psychological too...

My signature is coppied from another forum, because currently i don't have nothing better
AlienWare M17X5 (2013-2016), MSI GT73VR 6RF TITAN PRO (2016-Presence)
May 29, 2019 10:51 PM
Jun 2010
Everything was good until the last part which just left a bad taste with how easy Nana was "seduced."

I also agree with disapointment for lack of kiss scene, especially for a smutty manga such as this one.
Jan 3, 2020 2:13 PM
Feb 2014
Been looking through manga I haven't finished and finally found this, happy ending, enjoyed it👍
Jan 3, 2020 2:13 PM
Feb 2014
Been looking through manga I haven't finished and finally found this, happy ending, enjoyed it👍
Jul 13, 2020 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
twould have been a lot better if tachi shit. 1/10 wasted potential.
Oct 6, 2020 11:04 PM

Jul 2020
Hated the last arc.
Wrapped up nicely tho I guess
May 27, 2023 8:28 AM
Dec 2021
great manga this is
Dec 19, 2023 4:14 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to m1n1nova
Everything was good until the last part which just left a bad taste with how easy Nana was "seduced."

I also agree with disapointment for lack of kiss scene, especially for a smutty manga such as this one.
@m1n1nova I think she let her guard down thinking he was safe like Kaoru. Then he drugs her with the maids help so he can abuse her. Just glad we have black label and last year to actually finish the story.

More topics from this board

» Does this manga have NTR?

Ssnowyy - Mar 5

3 by AleppoSoap »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

» What happened in the last dozen chapters?

Duerdak - Feb 3, 2018

8 by Schernobyl »»
Dec 19, 2023 3:56 PM

» Where to read?

SenseiDaichi - Nov 3, 2023

2 by SenseiDaichi »»
Nov 5, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » Nana to Kaoru Chapter 155 Discussion

uzee - Nov 7, 2016

7 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 27, 2023 8:29 AM

Poll: » Nana to Kaoru Chapter 151 Discussion

DrFluffyUnicorn - Jul 18, 2016

14 by Lukenzo »»
May 8, 2022 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.