Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 14, 2017 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
I watched it.

I came.
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Jan 15, 2017 2:41 AM
Jan 2017
In my openion mc will be the main enemy
And
What Will happen to mika in the end?
Will they find a solutions for more mik . Or will mika ending will be the sadest ending like leluech in code grass????
Jan 15, 2017 5:45 AM

May 2014
Damn it Mikazuki.....that was the most depressing thing I've seen in a while. He can't even help out with the farm which was one of the only things he's ever shown interest in. He's completely given up on anything besides fighting.

I usually don't get emotional about works of fiction in general, but that scene made me genuinely sad.
Jan 26, 2017 4:34 AM

Mar 2014
Epic fight.
Mika went all out, pushed the limit and payed the price. I like that. He should die at the end seems reasonable at this point.
They can still give him back his mobility and we end up with a happy ending. Excited to see the final fight, should be at least this good.
Jan 28, 2017 6:29 AM

Apr 2015
Nice episode after a long time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 2009
Oh God! I'm afraid now, seems like the ending of this show is gonna be a tragic one! I wanted it to get a 3rd season, but after what happened to Mika it seems like we're getting close to the ending.
Mar 13, 2017 4:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Poor Mikazuki, and now has paralized the right side of his body!!! :/
Mar 25, 2017 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
That battle...holy hell, it was like watching gundams in the zone. Real heavy closer to the first half of the season. Orga is losing sight of the direction he needs to take Tekkaden and Mika is prepared to burn out his life force to fight for Orga. Also McGillis is giving me bad vibes again, maybe I'd forgotten what a psycho he really was.

On a lighter note, LOL Atra. Yes yes, tie Mika down so he has no choice but to be a family man.
Mar 27, 2017 1:20 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
CG said:
It was so depressing. Mika basically gave up on his life, deciding to spend it for Orga and go out with a bang for him, and Orga has no choice but to accept this sacrifice and pave his way on top of it even though he feels like crawling into a hole and just dying. But they both have crossed the point of no return, they can't stop.

Atra requesting Kudelia go make babies with Mika was uh lol Gee, Atra, why don't you go do that yourself with Mika? We know you want to!

Yes it was, I teared up alot this episode, it was so meaningfull and sad, and agree, that earlier battle was OP! The best battle so far in gundam, and one of the most bloody and furious I have ever seen.

Atra can go and watch from the sidelines, while Kudelia gets it done for all I care, dont really see a point of shipping Mika x Atra.
A reason why Atra asked Kudelia, cuz she know she IS TOO YOUNG, that is my whole point to it, she is too young for a ship with Mika, while Kudelia suits it perfectly, but I have lost any confidence that S2 will give a gratefying romance plotline with Mika, I just dont believe it, so it is all for the story and Tekadan right now for me.

Resuming, masterpiece of episode, probably the best so far!
Mar 30, 2017 10:27 PM

Jul 2012
That battle was animated amazingly, but having to watch the aftermath to Mika for the rest of the episode was heart-wrenching :(
Jun 8, 2017 3:02 AM

Mar 2015
Wow when there are no limiters on Barbatos it can be quite the ruthless killer
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 15, 2017 8:17 AM

Sep 2013
barbatos change to red eyes reminds me it's in the zone like kagami.
Oct 4, 2017 4:32 AM

Jun 2008
Damn_Animal said:
i dont get why Mika cant get some prosthetic limbs we have giant fighting robots but cant build the man a leg or arm?

Great episode but definitely showing us this isnt going to be a happy ending

Prosthetics connect to your nerves and that makes them able to move. Mika's hand and leg aren't actually damaged or injured. they are just paralysed which means that the nerves aren't responding and that connection only happens threw the nano-robots in his body when connected to Barbatos.
Therefore prosthetics will be useless. He needs a mini Barbatos simulation device.
Oct 29, 2018 9:34 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Why do they carry Mikazuki around? Do wheelchairs not exist?
As for Orga, I feel like he’s becoming too ambitious.
I bet Mikazuki will choose both Atra and Kudelia.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT’S GOOD, STFU IOK.
Jul 27, 2019 1:16 AM

Dec 2012
Barbatos dashes forward.
One month later?
Orga.
lol at Isurugi getting hit.
Mikazuki won.
Mikazuki is awake.
His legs won't move?
Mikazuki's harem is there to tend to him.
Atra crying.
HOLY SHIT! Have a kid?
Ride is now piloting Ryusei-Go III.
Riden-Go.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 4, 2019 1:25 AM

Jan 2019
Finally Mikazuki have a worthy oponent, have to say that the Barbatos vs Mobile Armor was really epic.
Also during this season episodes Mika finally seems to display a bit more of personality, he still is super cool headed and cold in general, but at least he shows a bit of emotions in some of his dialogs.
In my opinion this season is far superior than the first one, but I have the feeling that this show is gonna have a sad ending.
Jan 21, 2020 1:11 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Mika's logic is depressing.

Also Kudelia having baby with Mika would be nice, but here I got a question. If half of his body is basically dead. Can he even get it hard?

Also I love Kudelia.. she sweet, cute, beautiful, strong ....
Sep 13, 2020 10:08 PM

Jul 2017
ZingFreelancer said:
While Mika is connected to Barbatos, he regain full use of his body. So why not make a small device that would simulate his connection to Barbatos and allow him to walk and do normal stuffs?

It feels like main characters intentionally step onto the path of destruction, even when others tell them there are safer routes to take.

I was thinking this same thing. It's very melodramatic and silly. It seems like a plot point to make him devoted to fighting. His devotion to fighting, though, seems off, as he has shown he is interesting in living peacefully as a farmer. Will he become a Big Boss-esque figure?

Because of this kind of thing, I found this episode really drawn out, just sort of a whirlpool of blah. It felt like a lot of characters repeating the same stuff over and over, often things we already knew. The "have a baby" part was pretty weird. Also Orga is clearly pushing too hard, and it's all going to fall down. I don't see much of a benefit to his actions, as he is going to get his family killed.
Sep 27, 2020 8:58 AM

Apr 2008
satyrelfheim said:

I was thinking this same thing. It's very melodramatic and silly. It seems like a plot point to make him devoted to fighting. His devotion to fighting, though, seems off, as he has shown he is interesting in living peacefully as a farmer. Will he become a Big Boss-esque figure?

Because of this kind of thing, I found this episode really drawn out, just sort of a whirlpool of blah. It felt like a lot of characters repeating the same stuff over and over, often things we already knew. The "have a baby" part was pretty weird. Also Orga is clearly pushing too hard, and it's all going to fall down. I don't see much of a benefit to his actions, as he is going to get his family killed.

Just keep watching and remember that "The victor writes the history" is a perfect definition of this show.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Dec 5, 2020 1:04 PM

Jun 2012
I just find it incredibly odd that in that age of humans they have modern tech to create:

1) Giant solar system traveling warships
2) Giant mecha suits you can plug your body into or just sit in
3) Have some kind of resuscitation medical chamber to bring the near dead back to life without any side effects
4) Have surgeries that implant machines into the spine
5......1000000.....1000000000) Whole bunch of other tech/crap in the show too

But we can't get Mika worked on to get his spine/nerves fixed or even just like an exoskeleton to help him walk? Dude they got giant mecha suits with w.e reactors inside them that don't ever run out of energy. Just ammo and the propellant for thrusters that runs out

I have really enjoyed the show but wow it is a bit mind boggling that they somehow can't seem to fix a spine but can literally alter a person's spine to interface with machines for quicker reactions.

Oh and if you get caught up in an explosion you get popped into a medical tube and come out perfectly fine. Or if you are barely alive they can just meld you into a mecha suit or put you into some cyborg looking body with a spiffy helmet

Buttttttt fixing partial paralysis/nerve damage the technology just doesn't exist!!!! Eh kind of glad getting towards the end of the show. I enjoyed the ride of season 1 and season 2 has been meh so far but if things don't improve I won't be bothered that there is no season 3
Aug 11, 2021 1:06 PM

Sep 2014
I completely forgot how good this show can be. Mika continuing to sacrifice himself and Orga and him pushing each other forward resulting in no way out for them. Its a proper tragedy.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 18, 2023 10:13 AM

Jul 2016
Early S1 Atra: Obvious love rival to Kudelia
Middle S2 Atra: "Please make a baby with him for me!"

Fr tho the bond between Orga and Mika is beautiful.
Feb 7, 4:31 AM

Jul 2017
seeing mika in this state makes me sick, on top of everything his attitude towards his status is depressing, this episode is deeply, deeply dark and sad.
i thought that his bond with Orga was awesome, but seeing how they are now, i'm not so sure about this anymore.
they fight for a just cause, but they are sacrificing way too much.
why atra wants mika to have a child with kudelia?
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Mar 30, 5:22 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to Neemesis_2
seeing mika in this state makes me sick, on top of everything his attitude towards his status is depressing, this episode is deeply, deeply dark and sad.
i thought that his bond with Orga was awesome, but seeing how they are now, i'm not so sure about this anymore.
they fight for a just cause, but they are sacrificing way too much.
why atra wants mika to have a child with kudelia?
@Neemesis_2 One of the strongest themes of IBO is the connections of trust, duty, and power. At first Tekkadan was a bunch of mistreated kids fighting as brothers and sisters against shitty adults for recognition and a right to exist. Now they're at least legally adults and struggling with their purpose and connections to each other. Orga and Mika's relationship in particular is really complicated because it parallels McGillis and Gaelio's (or a number of other Gjallarhorn combinations) even in that its spiraling into Mika being consumed as a weapon for Orga's plans. But Mika's reliance on Orga and his constant pushing of him beyond even his own ambition is also demented and sad. McGillis has ambitions that require him to do what he does but Orga is clearly a kid in over his head.

I think Mika's arc is one of the most interesting of any Gundam protagonist. The first season made him basically just cool even if it was unnerving but the show writers have the balls to show what would actually happen to/be the life of a turbo-chad unbeatable MC in a war. He's not empty but he's a borderline autistic psychopath that can only destroy. He had a possible path to just being a hardworking farm boy that has 10 kids with Atra but now that he's made himself an invalid outside of Barbatos' cockpit that's clearly not an option. I think Gundam 0079 does a great job of showing how shitty being good at killing people is through Amuro's story but IBO makes it unambiguously clear that it is miserable and literally consumes you to do nothing but fight ruthlessly all the time. Mika isn't inherently bad but ultimately his loyalty to Orga made him give everything up for basically nothing.

I really really like this show. Gundam had a sweet spot after 0079 in the late 80s and early 90s where they had some good side-story stuff that had really good themes about war being bad and soldiers being human and stuff before it turned into a gunpla/toy cash cow about blingwad laser robots and IBO is a strong return to Gundam actually having something to say about war and the people in and around it. And it did without being an endless obvious political screed (like 00) or jumbled mess (also like 00). I'm glad it was pretty popular so it still gets attention from Bandai/Sunrise and could continue in one form or another.
Mar 30, 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
LotteGiants said:
@Neemesis_2 One of the strongest themes of IBO is the connections of trust, duty, and power. At first Tekkadan was a bunch of mistreated kids fighting as brothers and sisters against shitty adults for recognition and a right to exist. Now they're at least legally adults and struggling with their purpose and connections to each other. Orga and Mika's relationship in particular is really complicated because it parallels McGillis and Gaelio's (or a number of other Gjallarhorn combinations) even in that its spiraling into Mika being consumed as a weapon for Orga's plans. But Mika's reliance on Orga and his constant pushing of him beyond even his own ambition is also demented and sad. McGillis has ambitions that require him to do what he does but Orga is clearly a kid in over his head.

I think Mika's arc is one of the most interesting of any Gundam protagonist. The first season made him basically just cool even if it was unnerving but the show writers have the balls to show what would actually happen to/be the life of a turbo-chad unbeatable MC in a war. He's not empty but he's a borderline autistic psychopath that can only destroy. He had a possible path to just being a hardworking farm boy that has 10 kids with Atra but now that he's made himself an invalid outside of Barbatos' cockpit that's clearly not an option. I think Gundam 0079 does a great job of showing how shitty being good at killing people is through Amuro's story but IBO makes it unambiguously clear that it is miserable and literally consumes you to do nothing but fight ruthlessly all the time. Mika isn't inherently bad but ultimately his loyalty to Orga made him give everything up for basically nothing.

I really really like this show. Gundam had a sweet spot after 0079 in the late 80s and early 90s where they had some good side-story stuff that had really good themes about war being bad and soldiers being human and stuff before it turned into a gunpla/toy cash cow about blingwad laser robots and IBO is a strong return to Gundam actually having something to say about war and the people in and around it. And it did without being an endless obvious political screed (like 00) or jumbled mess (also like 00). I'm glad it was pretty popular so it still gets attention from Bandai/Sunrise and could continue in one form or another.

After finishing the show i literally completely agree with you, i loved IBO and it's One of my favorite Gundam shows.
I really liked your analysis, it's very in depth.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Apr 18, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.