Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2016 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The New World class system at its final stages...

Man, this episode felt like it was trying to throw everything together towards the conclusion at the end. Gamon's desire to be a "hero" is kinda evident although his character never really appealed to me. Meh, this whole show felt like a mess imo.

That kiss though.
Dec 24, 2016 9:01 AM

Nov 2013
Fast pace all the way up till the final moments.

I guess i'm going to buy the novels now because that ending threw me for a loop. Everyones alive again aside from Gamon?
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Dec 24, 2016 9:07 AM

Mar 2016
I enjoyed this series buT PLEASE THAT FELT LIKE SUCH A RUSHED ENDING.

I feel so confused rn
Dec 24, 2016 9:15 AM
Jul 2013
One of the most rushed animes I have ever watched. Even the dialogue speeds themselves had become unnaturally fast within the 2nd half of the series, as if the producers were trying to fit in every last bit of info into each episode. Story was pretty interesting, but the massive info dumps made its execution so convoluted. This probably should have been a two-cour. Okay anime, I guess. 6/10
Dec 24, 2016 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
I suppose the finale was a bit rushed but it was till pretty awesome.

Pretty cool concept of elasticity being used in wavelengths to return back in time.

Kind of an emotional moment with Gamotan readying himself to be a hero. :(
Everyone got out alive except Gamotan. :( Seems he remains a ghost till the very end, , Wonder what you call a martyr who's already dead.

Summary below in case anyone wants clarification.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show. True it was very fast paced, had super fast dialogue and lot of angled camera shots but the overall mystery was really really good. I love how there was so many plot threads and how they all gradually came together. The sci-fi/occult mystery was really well done and had me intrigued from the beginning to the end. The revelations often gave me chills and got me real excited for the things that would come and it concluded satisfyingly despite being a little rushed.

8/10 , If you can look over the pacing of this show it's a really good sci-fi mystery.
Lelouch0202Dec 24, 2016 10:39 AM
Dec 24, 2016 9:24 AM

May 2016
That was quite rush but satisfying ending, 7/10
Dec 24, 2016 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
So after all that Yuta doesn't even make it back? Makes it all pretty pointless then. Ultimately, this was a rushed show that made a pitiful start, but did improve a lot even if this ending was a dud.

7/10
Dec 24, 2016 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
How is the ending rushed? Everyone has been complaining how its too fast and messy, which is wrong, but the finale, which is probably the easiest part of the entire series to understand, people complain that its rushed. Oh well. Definitely my favorite show of the season. Fantastic visuals, unique direction, and and great story. As much as i would like to be cliche and say 9/10, its an easy 10/10 for me
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Dec 24, 2016 9:29 AM

Dec 2014
Ok, this last episode confused me quite a bit. Guess I need to rewatch it to get everything.

Nice anime in general, I'm glad I didn't drop it after the first episode (and I was really close to). 7/10
Dec 24, 2016 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
well the show was confusing even till the end... but a good end I guess
Dec 24, 2016 9:36 AM

Jun 2015
Wow, that felt rushed. Kind of an underwhelming ending, but whatever. So many questions were left unanswered which really pulled my score down. I'm a little disappointed about the way this adaptation turned out, but hey, it was pretty entertaining to watch at the least.
Dec 24, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2015
I am... I am at lost for words. This is the first time ever that I have absolutely NO IDEA what to think of a show. One side of me feels like this show is an stylish, face-paced, contemporary thriller masterpiece while the other side feels like labeling this "show" as an incredibly convoluted, overly ambitious, and messy piece of pretentious mindf*ck that has ever graced my eyes (phew, that was a lot of adjectives). With all the things this show does right, there are just so, so many things it failed to go through with.

Overall, INCREDIBLY rushed finale that left a lot of questions unanswered but felt weirdly satisfying? This show gets a 5/10 from me for having great visuals, soundtrack, and unique character designs but the plot/mystery itself fell flat on its face on what it is trying to achieve by trying to tie too many random events at once. Most of the characters are extremely underdeveloped and characters like Kiryuu and Aria barely served any purpose whatsoever. Do I even need to talk about this show's pacing? Ugh, at least it stayed consistent since the initial outrage from episode 1

My feelings for this show is just way too messed up right now, I need some time to clear my head. To sum it up, I think it achieved what it set out to be (I assume to advertise the light novel) and definitely left a lasting impression on me.

That jump in rating is also surprising, from 6.80 to a 7.20? I would've expected it to drop with a conclusion like this.
HibikaseDec 24, 2016 9:58 AM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Dec 24, 2016 9:43 AM

Sep 2015
rushed as hell to final and so much talk i have no idea what to say when he dead

and not all solved what the hell?
Into the Internet!
Dec 24, 2016 9:44 AM

Oct 2008
This went way too fast, and not in a good way.
All episodes felt rushed (sometimes I could barely keep up with the dialogues) and this was no exception. However, this one is the last, and it barely explained anything.
Whenever I watch these "Bla;Bla series", I wonder if they'll bring a new Steins;Gate. Well, I've watched 4 or 5 of those, and none could even get close.

I still wonder if the VA's had time to breathe throughout the recording. Poor guys.
Dec 24, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2016
Hibikase said:

That jump in rating is also surprising, from 6.80 to a 7.20? I would've expected it to drop with a conclusion like this.

MAL apparently removes (?) a few of the low ratings on the day the finale airs, so, the rating goes up a little bit on the "finale day". It will take sometime to stop on a stable rating.
Dec 24, 2016 9:47 AM

Feb 2016
well that was pretty genuine from A-1 Pictures and the plot itself, you know what I noticed? the show itself mislead you from stuff trying to distract you with Ryotas, but at the same time, they wanted you to focus on Ryotas, since she had something to do with the plot rather than just decoration and Fan Service, and about the rush, I decided to link it with the "1 minute = 1 Day" stuff they said on the end... tho it could be better with 24 episodes

7/10 it was worth the watch despite the clusterfuck on the very first episodes
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 24, 2016 9:47 AM

Dec 2015
hardsky said:
Hibikase said:

MAL apparently removes (?) a few of the low ratings on the day the finale airs, so, the rating goes up a little bit on the "finale day". It will take sometime to stop on a stable rating.
Oh I see. Guess I will have to take the pleasure of seeing this show's rating slowly but surely drop below a 6 in the next few days -_- (this is coming from a guy who actually enjoyed Bakemonogatari and Mekakucity Actors to some extent)
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Dec 24, 2016 9:49 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was so unbelievably rushed oh my goodness. They really crammed as much stuff as possible into every second of this episode. If the staff were THAT desperate for more time they should've just pulled a Re:Zero and cut out the OP and ED time.

4/5 for this episode i guess

----

Overall, O;N's a pretty decent-good show with a well-written story and pretty visuals but ultimately the pacing lets down this entire show. It was SO FAST, it doesn't let us understand and it doesn't let us sympathise with the characters. Each episode (mostly in the first half) introduces so many plot points that it comes off as convoluted and made me think about whether or not it could even conclude the story with those plot points tied up, AND IT BARELY DID. I would've rather watched it with a 22-24 episode run but it was enjoyable nonetheless with the mystery and sci-fi aspects carrying the entire show.

7/10

Gonna have to read more of the novels/manga and buy the game when it comes out, cuz it'll probably take it's time expanding on certain plot points and characters.
Dec 24, 2016 9:49 AM
May 2014
Have you all seen the ending clip of this EP? Idk, it seemed to foreshadow something with

I read somewhere that anime, LN and manga would have all different endings. But the LN is currently in limbo and information on this series is very sparse, so I hope this show was made to advertise the upcoming VN. If that's the case, obviously they would leave things untold to give a purpose for people to buy the VN when it releases.
Dec 24, 2016 9:52 AM

Feb 2016
12 episodes pure crazyness.

I don't even know what the fuck were the creators thinking. The director surely used up all his weed-stash while making this mess.
Dec 24, 2016 9:57 AM

Oct 2013
Really rushed ending, this should had like 24 episodes at a normal pace, for better experience.

Someone understood the scene after credits?
Dec 24, 2016 10:13 AM

May 2010
Novel concepts but agree with everyone else it was rushed. If it had even been stretched to 16 episodes I think they could have made it a lot better.
Dec 24, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
Mami said:
Really rushed ending, this should had like 24 episodes at a normal pace, for better experience.

Someone understood the scene after credits?

Dec 24, 2016 10:30 AM
May 2010
Indeed, it was a bit rushed; the episode didn't really give me a lot of time to feel all emotional about the need for Yuta's sacrifice. It also made the appearance and assistance of Yuta's father in resynchronizing with the human realm to appear too convenient (although it was already explained, kind of). Would have been better as a 2-cour anime, but I'll take it. 7/10

Didn't expect Aveline to sacrifice herself in the end to save Gamon. Neither did I expect that Yuta did not successfully reincarnate (giving me false hope for a completely happy ending there with the accelerated injection rate, dammit).

A few questions left unanswered: Ririka's disappearance, and wings. I have a theory for the first one: if you can essentially see the future through out-of-body experiences, couldn't you simply take actions to avoid the future? And thus, disappearing in front of everyone, as that reality is no longer the reality. The second... just because goddamn plot. However, even if he couldn't sprout wings, Yuta would have made it in time to destroy the Odd Eye anyways; given that time just dilates for him if Odd Eye changes frequency, he could take his sweet time strolling to the Odd Eye and blow it up. So I'll take it that the anime was just forced to pull such a stunt to explain Yuta barely making it to the Odd Eye (since the anime is on its final episode, there would barely be time to illustrate the entire process of him hiking to the facility; also helps builds tension for a climax).

All in all, that was one hell of a ride. It was fun figuring things out from the little details in the show, and it had potential to be a great mystery series, if not for the pacing issues. Still not too bad. At the very least, the show did not stray from its premise of (pseudo)scientific concepts to explain paranormal phenomenon, and NINE.
l0l1n470rDec 24, 2016 10:40 AM
Dec 24, 2016 10:33 AM

Jan 2015
So it's Gamotan's sacrifice to save his friend back to "life" while he take some time to remain as a ghost, learn or maybe "imagine" how to fly, and then save the day. Nice, Gamotan.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 24, 2016 10:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm very surpised that everyone but Gamon made it back, that's actually sad.

7/10, rushed to the end, but very interesting to watch nevertheless.
Dec 24, 2016 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
Rest in peace...Gamotan, until he rises again. lmfao

Overall this series was badly rushed, and I'm sure the pseudo science in it was pretty wacky. Also the obsession with bringing Tesla into shit, as in his inventions creating new world orders is so funny like- let the dead rest. That being said, despite all it's flaws it's been one of the shows I jump to watch each week. Somehow I really enjoyed this, for all it's absurdity. I'd love to read the LN if ever translated, I actually liked this set of characters a lot.

5..6/10?
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Dec 24, 2016 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
Well this show was just pure craziness up until the very end. I'm pretty disappointed that Yuta didn't end up coming back. There were some moments that seemed like straight up asspulls so I thought it would all lead up to him successfully resurrecting. Maybe his body is being preserved though, which is probably why they showed the cold sleep room with his name on it.....however, why he's being preserved, I have no idea.

At the end of the day, this show was pretty disappointing. It could have potentially been much better as a 2 cour, but with only 12 episodes they really had to cram a lot of stuff in a short amount of time, which was definitely the downfall of this anime. Every episode, with the rapid fire dialogue that could immediately go over your head if you simply blink, felt like it was adding 75 new elements without solving anything, which ultimately led to a conclusion that felt like it was trying to solve too much without enough time to do so. Oh well, that can't be helped now.

I was initially going to give this a 4/10, but this actually got better toward the end. Sure, this episode by itself wasn't really anything to write home about, but grouping it together with the final several episodes, this show improved greatly as it headed into its final stages and brought everything together. I think it deserves the +1, 5/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 24, 2016 10:51 AM

Sep 2014
A quite rushed ending for the series,but I enjoyed it a lot despite the weak start.

7/10
Dec 24, 2016 10:54 AM

May 2016
This episode embodied what was so great about Occutic;Nine.
That is, that the entire story is lightning fast paced gibberish that constantly twists and turns.
I suppose this is when people use the phrase "It's so bad it's good" but I don't like using that because people sometimes forget that that means it's actually good, just through ways that would normally be bad.
I give it an Occultic; 9.5/10.
Dec 24, 2016 10:58 AM
Nov 2015
This episode was so RUSHED , and the end wasn't explained well
I mean the whole anime could be wayyy better if it was developed into more other episodes, since it has a good story . I liked it and I gave it 7/10
Dec 24, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2011
From start to finish, this show was just all over the place. Weak story through thick and thin. 3/10. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Chaos;Head was more enjoyable.
Dec 24, 2016 11:33 AM

May 2015
Nothing special to me really. Also, I don't like the art and this bunch of people (especially MC+ryotas were annoying as hell). Not to mention first half of show was just terrible.

4/10 for me.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 24, 2016 11:35 AM
Jul 2015
With 24 eps it would've been masterpiece and I feel like the last ep could've been 4 or 5 ep long. Anyways, 9/10 . The plot is still amazing
Dec 24, 2016 11:35 AM
Apr 2016
I r8 it 9.8 out of g8 and am looking forward to how they are going to have it interwoven with other ; titles.
Re:formed
Dec 24, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2012
Good final episode.

Gamon putting a stop to Odd Eye. That explosion.
Seems like he is alive somewhere.

That kiss with Ryo-tas. Cool to see him flying.

Overall an alright show. Lots of information at the start, but it got better as it went on. Still confused on some parts, but it was enjoyable to watch.

7/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 24, 2016 11:44 AM

Aug 2016
4/10. Just so rushed and chaotic. Doesn't do it for me.
Dec 24, 2016 11:47 AM

Aug 2012
i was hoping that the final episode could solve the "el psy congroo" mystery from episode 7 to link with Steins;Gate scenario :( but i liked anyway
Dec 24, 2016 11:54 AM

Nov 2009
Absolute Garbage.

But not for the reasons I usually give shows.

O;N had great characters, and a compelling story.

So what went wrong?

The pacing. The instant one line was over, the next person speaks. Thus stripping all meaning and emotion from every single performance. Seriously. This show needed maybe 2 more episodes to have good pacing that didn't strip everything of meaning.

But as it stands, O;N is my greatest disappointment of the season.

I blame the director and anime studio. For them to decided on a hard limit of 12 episodes, and shit pacing. Because that's what ultimately ruined the show.

3/10, and I'm being generous.
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Dec 24, 2016 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
I've tried. I've tried to like this thing, but I really just couldn't. Pacing problems aside, the writing was a mess.The stuff at the beginning was kind of whatever, but it just lost me once they started with all the being possessed by the dead daughter of Nikola Tesla shit. The cast didn't provide much to like either. That being said though, it did have some aspects I liked, such as the directing (for the most part), weird art style, and that OP was pretty good. Titty monster (I know her real name is Ryo-tas/Ryoka) was also fun for a little bit, even if she breaks the laws of anatomy.

But still, this wasn't a good first impression into the ";" anime. Not like Chaos;Child next season will be any better.
Dec 24, 2016 12:26 PM

Jan 2016
This is it. Occultic Nine is the best anime in this season.
This idea of the ghosts as humans with different wavelenghts, these characters, this atmosphere... The ending was piquing on the feels.
Well, twelve episodes is a little not enough for Occultic Nine, there was a bustle in each episode, but overall it is 9/10.
Will be waiting for the VN with all its ambience, extent, and prodigious endings.
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Dec 24, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2016
it was a trash series through and through

rushed beginning to a rushed ending
Dec 24, 2016 12:46 PM

Feb 2015
I really liked this anime, is great for me, but is too messy, I liked the characters but the narrative is not that good. They don't give time to the watcher to process the high amount of new information and they barely explain things. This anime could be much better with a well done script, so everyone would understand and enjoy the show.
9/10 I really liked it and the animation details, the backgrounds and the characters design are amazing.
Dec 24, 2016 12:51 PM

Jun 2016
yikes, how could a series with so much potential to be interesting take such a nosedive? the episode before this was pretty terrible too but i can't believe how messy this was as a final episode. my memory of the parts i enjoyed is gonna be overwritten by my memory of this mediocre ending, no doubt...

everything got kind of funny & ridiculous as soon as the whole scandium & MMG thing was introduced but then it quickly went from "fun" to "nonsensical overpowered protag bullshit" imo

also if all the ghost characters are capable of flying, and maybe doing literally anything else, by just imagining it... doesn't it seem a little futile to drop that in out of nowhere in the ending? why not incorporate that in the rest of the story?
plasticsyndromeDec 24, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 24, 2016 12:55 PM

Apr 2007
ah. so in the end Gamotan really did not came back to life because he changed his frequency just to destroy Odd Eye (?) did i understood it correctly... but it's cool that he still continued doing his website
Dec 24, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2011
Time to play the VN and read the LN now
Dec 24, 2016 1:18 PM

Sep 2016
This anime was quite disappointing in my opinion. The animation was top notch, the art style was very memorable and unique. The story was very interesting but because of the pacing which was all over the place, the anime became very confusing. They dump quite a lot of exposition on you in a few episodes and because of very fast way of talking, you can barely remember anything afterwards.

I did not really like nay of the characters other than the detective and some of them seemed unnecessary, like the Lolita girl and her brother.

Overall, I would give this 4/10.
Dec 24, 2016 1:23 PM

Oct 2014
Hmmm.... What about the albino boy? They just forgot about him lol

I missed something, what was the procedure the bad guys were doing with the "Emperor"? The thing about him dying and being injected with scandium etc. Why was it needed for their plan for the New World Order?

And, finally: ...is Gamon alive? That final shot in the ending, heh...
Dec 24, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
8/10
Solid series. Maybe not that solid Na Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes, but still very worth watching.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 24, 2016 2:23 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This last episode was full of action, although the misterys was not resolve all, except the last one, Yuuta dont return, right?

Nice series, with atractive plot, although with ups and downs....need to do a re-watch to understand better, more tecnice!!!!

6/10.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

448 by andreyous »»
Feb 9, 8:35 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

142 by Kitty-Kate »»
Nov 30, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

95 by Ronninn »»
Oct 17, 2022 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.