Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
DAYS
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 21, 2017 12:36 AM

Mar 2015
Awesome they're off to the final, and deservedly so!

Can't wait for the next season to see how it all pans out!

9/10 biased football fanatic
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 22, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 2012
Well it was okay I guess. Not the best anime but obviously not the worst. The MC was horrible. xDD Like I really hated him, and I didn't spot much character development either. But the other characters were hilrious. The story also was kinda boring, since they came to the same realization in each episodes, then in the next episode they began everything from the start. Not too brilliant. On the other hand the comedy part was flawless, one of the funniest anime I've ever seen. And also I'm a crazy football fanatic and I was glad that I saw the makers knew at least the basic rules of the game pretty well.
8/10
Feb 21, 2017 2:01 PM

May 2014
From beginning to end this was a really great episode, from the usual start with the orchestral background music to the 'secret' training that Tsukushi's always up to. I wonder what was going on with that little kid who supposedly got all nervous.
I really liked this first season, ignoring some things this anime was really great, fun to watch, some feels and hella funny at times. This will surely be a recommendation from me.
8/10 for this first season and I'm highly looking forward to its second season.
Mar 7, 2017 6:51 AM

Dec 2012
Ahhh ah, what a tease!

Days has certainly been a peculiar journey. About halfway through this series, I was trying to think of an excuse to continue as I dreaded another 12 episodes of mediocrity and cheese. Now that I'm at the end, I'm all revved up and nothing short of delighted to see a sequel in the making. There were definitely marked improvements in the second half and it even made me better appreciate some of the things I wasn't too fond of early on.

Without a doubt, Tsukushi was the most dynamic part of Days. Initially he struck me as a whiny Onoda rip-off whose appeal fell flatter than his face every time he tripped. I didn't much care for him and those rosy little cheeks. Watching his growth, however, he really did end up growing on me a great deal. It was interesting to see how a useless player ended up becoming a valuable asset to a well seasoned team. Rather than powering up or growing at an insanely absurd pace, he found creative ways to make use of what little he could offer and ended up becoming a Kuroko-esque player in the sense that he was meticulously observant of details that most people wouldn't notice (on a side note, I like how this is conveyed through how he had to become more mindful of the world around him as he pushed his mother's wheelchair around). It was also his mindset that changed how he contributed to the team. From simply wanting a place to belong to discovering the thrill of soccer, Tsukushi became a pillar of support and earned all my respect when he could shout "Seiseki, fight!" even against all odds.

I also particularly liked Chikako's character as she often made some really good points. It was also nice seeing that dynamic of her trying to motivate Tsukushi and ironically being inspired by him. She definitely dished out lots of inspirational speeches. Very quote worthy indeed.

And that was one thing about this series that stuck out to me right from the get go. Even in spite of the corny and cringe worthy moments, there was always something insightful to take away in the midst of it. Mizuki, for all of his crazy babbling, says one of my favorite lines in the whole show. "Hard work will never betray you."

All in all, Days certainly bounced back from what I thought was going to be an easily forgettable seasonal side dish into another sports series I can add to the repertoire of what makes this genre so great. Unfortunately the CGI was the only thing that never got better and I really hope they minimize that in the next season. More preferably, I hope that style of CG character designs gets purged from the anime industry asap.

7/10
Mar 17, 2017 12:17 PM

Jun 2015
SEISEKI FIGHT-OH!!

Aug 8, 2018 1:18 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, so it was quite good overall. I'm giving it a 8/10 as I got a lot out of watching DAYS. The characters are really interesting and I love the main duo, Tsukushi and Kazama. Tsukushi himself is a very interesting sports anime lead, not one I've seen more. He isn't overpowered at all compared to crazy people like Ryoma (Prince of Tennis) or Sena (ES21) or Goro (Major) but he's quite normal. He started soccer in HS of course and he isn't great but he tries hard. He pushes the team forward and it's a great sight. I love that everyone improves when his prescense is added. I didn't get truly invested in DAYS until the latter half. I regret not being too into it. The team is really fun to watch especially with people like Mizuki and Kamishita who are talented but not overpowered. You can see why they are talented.

I look forward to the sequel!
Aug 24, 2019 10:46 AM

Jan 2017
The first half of the series was running and crying simulator. The second half was slightly better but nothing extra.
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo
Oct 18, 2019 2:30 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty enjoyable season, I must say the first half or so felt a bit mediocre but the anime really got interesting those last few episodes in my opinion

The animation felt a bit underwhelming, but the characters really had some great personalities

Nov 11, 2019 10:44 PM

Aug 2015
guess we wont ever get a season 2
Jan 6, 2021 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
In the end, Ubukata ended up being more useful to the team than that excuse of a coach the school has. Given how confused some of the players were, it even seems the guy never gave a proper technical talk before.

What can I say? As a football fan, this series was atrocious. Its portrayal of football rules was terrible and as many other people said here, it really felt like the author had never watched or played the sport before. Referees showing up only when the author wanted, coaches being mere jokes with no power of decision in their teams, obvious tactical decisions not being taken... seriously, this show certainly tested my patience in more than one occasion.

As for other aspects, animation was almost non-existent during matches and regarding cast, it wasn't really that remarkable besides maybe three or four characters. Tsukushi in particular, was pretty infuriating as MC and in my case, way too wimpy to be likeable.

3/10
SouthRzVaJan 6, 2021 7:53 PM
Dec 25, 2021 8:47 PM

Jun 2012
Stopped watching this 5 years ago but randomly decided to give it another shot. Appreciated it more the second time around. Think the second half was much more entertaining than the first. Watching Tsukushi's growth was satisfying because it was built up so slowly.
Jan 21, 2022 7:06 AM

Oct 2017
Welp , this series has amazing characters , as well as some of the best underdog protagonists. No super power magic ball too.

Too bad it is adapted by half-ass studio. Half of the matches are moving PPT which makes the game feels super confusing..

If Kyoto Anime or Production IG adapt this anime series , it'd easily be a 8.5~9/10 series
But because of bad production , I can only give this a 7/10.
Dec 6, 2022 2:46 PM
Jul 2022
legal bom para assistir
Mar 11, 2023 9:38 AM
Dec 2022
it was one of the worst sports animes i have watched
May 30, 2023 9:46 AM
Feb 2022
saudov90 said:
it was one of the worst sports animes i have watched

So why did you finish watching it, why not drop it if it was that bad.
Oct 10, 2023 9:50 PM
Jan 2016
template banget kek anime bola yang sering gua tonton
Nov 14, 2023 9:28 PM

Dec 2019
What a crappy ending.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Nov 16, 2023 12:34 AM
Aug 2022
That was not fun at all.
Mappa should stay clear of sports.
Stick to the action dude.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2016

67 by vclouted »»
Apr 2, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

39 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

47 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

75 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Days (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

65 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 15, 2023 5:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.