Forum Settings
Forums

I'm like dyyinngg of boredom, how do people even deal with it?

New
Oct 27, 2016 3:11 AM

Sep 2009
If you're not bored right now, what exactly is entertaining you, or at least taking your mind off of the reality that there's currently no entertainment to be had?
Most people are always thinking, right? What are you thinking about, that doesn't leave room for boredom? Tell me your secrets to being not-bored, I'm dyyyinggg...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 27, 2016 3:12 AM

Jul 2013
Well, this is an anime forum. Pretty sure everyone's gonna say watch anime/read manga. Which is also what I recommend.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 27, 2016 3:14 AM

Sep 2009
Fuchsia said:
Well, this is an anime forum. Pretty sure everyone's gonna say watch anime/read manga. Which is also what I recommend.

Problem is, good anime/manga are nigh impossible to find. And bad ones give me emotional trauma and even more boredom.
Oct 27, 2016 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
MortalMelancholy said:
Fuchsia said:

Problem is, good anime/manga are nigh impossible to find. And bad ones give me emotional trauma and even more boredom.

Have you seen future boy conan? If not watch that. There are also plenty of manga, you just haven't looked hard enough.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 27, 2016 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
Being creative. Perhaps you should try to explore some artistic expression?

It's very stress relieving.
Oct 27, 2016 3:17 AM

Aug 2014
I'm bored as hell too in class atm T_T
I just browse MAL, do some modding, post in clubs/threads or chat on discord.

If your boredom is really bad you can always try looking for a new game to get addicted to.
Oct 27, 2016 3:21 AM

Mar 2016
kys is one way
My schedule is too tight for me to be bored . I don't know , games maybe ? i sometime watch some dank videos on youtube to entertain myself too
Oct 27, 2016 3:22 AM

Feb 2013
Watch anime.
Dunno how you can't find something to watch when you completed less than 300.
Oct 27, 2016 3:23 AM

Sep 2009
Chandela said:
Being creative. Perhaps you should try to explore some artistic expression?

It's very stress relieving.

My artistic abilities are depressingly poor, and I certainly wouldn't be able to find any sort of motivation or desire to improve myself. There's also economic and time restrictive factors... (I'd have to pay and allocate time to taking any sort of artistic self-improvement course, or at least purchase relatively expensive equipment; things like musical instruments just aren't cheap enough for the casual fling I'd use it for). Aka, more trouble than it's worth; I'd be better off just getting too drunk to comprehend boredom.

Ulquiorra said:
Watch anime.
Dunno how you can't find something to watch when you completed less than 300.

I have a pretty good idea of what type of anime/manga can entertain me, and I simply can't find any more. From taking other peoples' recommendations, I had to drop the last 5 or 6 anime I tried.
Oct 27, 2016 3:35 AM

Apr 2013
MortalMelancholy said:
If you're not bored right now, what exactly is entertaining you, or at least taking your mind off of the reality that there's currently no entertainment to be had?
Most people are always thinking, right? What are you thinking about, that doesn't leave room for boredom? Tell me your secrets to being not-bored, I'm dyyyinggg...

Get a job

in all seriousness though I go to mal when I'm bored.
Normally I either watch anime, read manga. When that fails I watch movies or tv shows on netflix. I also play video games sometimes. Ofc now that my desktop is dead..I mostly play browser based games, or retro games using an emulator.
Oct 27, 2016 3:36 AM

Sep 2009
astrozombie84 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Get a job

Normally I either watch anime, read manga. When that fails I watch movies or tv shows on netflix. I also play video games sometimes. Ofc now that my desktop is dead..I mostly play browser based games, or retro games using an emulator.

I have a job, and I'm also a full-time student. Doesn't make me any less bored; just adds a bit of occasional stress. I do like retro games, but I only really play them (games in general) with friends, and they're all asleep right now, which adds to boredom.
Oct 27, 2016 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
MortalMelancholy said:
astrozombie84 said:

Get a job

I have a job, and I'm also a full-time student. Doesn't make me any less bored; just adds a bit of occasional stress.

Yeah but you have less time to be bored because of that.
Oct 27, 2016 3:41 AM

Sep 2009
astrozombie84 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

I have a job, and I'm also a full-time student. Doesn't make me any less bored; just adds a bit of occasional stress.

I'm still bored when doing that; I simply have no other alternative during those times. Discounting those times, I seek to achieve a state of non-boredom.
Oct 27, 2016 3:51 AM

Apr 2013
MortalMelancholy said:
astrozombie84 said:

I'm still bored when doing that; I simply have no other alternative during those times. Discounting those times, I seek to achieve a state of non-boredom.

Smoke some weed..wont necessarily make you less bored..but most things are better on weed. Like you don't even need good animu...just find a series with vivid colors...and you will be set.
Oct 27, 2016 3:55 AM

Sep 2009
astrozombie84 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Smoke some weed..wont necessarily make you less bored..but most things are better on weed. Like you don't even need good animu...just find a series with vivid colors...and you will be set.

I can't really smoke weed, if fks up my head for too long. Like, I won't be able to think straight for the entire week. Admittedly, it does make things less boring.
Oct 27, 2016 3:57 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Read something, anything.
Go to some ebook website, Wattpad between others, pretty sure you can find some stories you'd like.

Oct 27, 2016 4:24 AM

Jul 2012
Besides visiting here, I just... Yeah, fuck, idk what I do.. Sometimes I'll read and game but usually I just waste my time so lol
Oct 27, 2016 4:38 AM
Oct 2014
Alcohol works quite good if you are in a really shitty place, but lateley I've felt that it doesn't have the same effect on me anymore. Music is good to have in the backgound.

Oct 27, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
Music, streams, reading through ICD, new discoveries etc and going out briefly for something to eat sometimes has an effect. Usually I play a game but I've gotten so much worse in aoe 3 that I don't want to play and I got rsi from osu so I restrain myself from playing it to some extent.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Oct 27, 2016 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
I am at school, so yeah... When I'm in home, what keeps me entertained is doing random things on the Internet.
And the cure for all boredom: EoSD, DaiOuJou, BLUE REVOLVER, Ketsui, Mushihimesama, etc.
Oct 27, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2013
Rarusu_ said:
Alcohol works quite good if you are in a really shitty place, but lateley I've felt that it doesn't have the same effect on me anymore. Music is good to have in the backgound.

That is perhaps the most pathetic thing ive ever heard.
Alcohol is fun, or rather the social aspect of drinking is fun.

Where as sitting at home, getting plastered by yourself is depressing as fuck.
Its classic escapism.
Oct 27, 2016 7:00 AM

Apr 2015
Well I have to be at school seven hours a day so that keeps me occupied...

Sleep. Browse MAL. Watch anime.

Wow my life sounds sad.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 27, 2016 7:20 AM

May 2014
don't use your internet browser for a week, your probably are always on youtube or facebook and have the world updated 24/7 you should relax with a nice game like europa universalis IV, Tropico 4 and Democracy 3

if not just do something you haven't considered doing like running or watching weird shit like this NSFW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMvUlxXyz8&ab_channel=MIAVEVO NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW!

or watch something you don't usually watch like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAIx-UXieFI&ab_channel=KashaTheriot

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6qtLWwJq9U&ab_channel=hanonomiri
is_it_magicalOct 27, 2016 8:10 AM
Oct 27, 2016 7:47 AM

Oct 2015
Murder people in Yandere Simulator and then cry in your attic because that's cringy shitty junk.
Oct 27, 2016 7:48 AM

Oct 2013
Play video games, watch anime, read manga, try and do some cleaning around the house, go for a jog. Stay productive if you're bored and of course watching anime is being productive because you have so much to finish. Senpai would know.
Oct 28, 2016 2:39 AM

Sep 2016
Being creative or doing artistic things can quickly cure your boredom + it seeps time away quickly.
Other than that... I guess gaming and mindless browsing? Like forums, yt videos, articles, internet stores, etc.

Oct 28, 2016 5:20 AM

Aug 2015
F U N

You can always watch movies, go out yt videos, play games etc.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Oct 28, 2016 2:38 PM

Sep 2009
C'mon guys, I need your non-obvious secret super OP methods of being not bored. Don't hide it from me D;

Yaamare said:
Murder people in Yandere Simulator and then cry in your attic because that's cringy shitty junk.

I tried to play that game, but the teacher keeps whupping my ass horribly, so fk that.

LadyYuuki said:
Play video games, watch anime, read manga, try and do some cleaning around the house, go for a jog. Stay productive if you're bored and of course watching anime is being productive because you have so much to finish. Senpai would know.

I actually do all that stuff, but I'm still bored. Well, I don't jog, because my treadmill broke, and if I jog without anime or something playing, I instantly die of boredom.

juui said:
Being creative or doing artistic things can quickly cure your boredom + it seeps time away quickly.
Other than that... I guess gaming and mindless browsing? Like forums, yt videos, articles, internet stores, etc.

Well, I AM on MAL forums...

Lioneyst said:
F U N

You can always watch movies, go out yt videos, play games etc.

That site redirected me to some really bad card trick site, that tried some sort of card trick that failed miserably.
Oct 28, 2016 5:34 PM

May 2013
Since you're so bored by the real world maybe indulge in a little foolishness. Go out and do some karaoke or something that forces you to express yourself outwardly. Also if you have any fears conquering them can be pretty exciting. Put yourself in situations that put you out of your comfort zone or are out of the ordinary.

My main suggestion would be when you give something a try not to give up on it after just a short period of time. You may have to break down some mental walls in order to lessen this boredom. It may not be fun at first but after awhile maybe you may start to enjoy yourself! ;)
Oct 28, 2016 5:54 PM
Jan 2013
GODDAMITMORTALMELANCHOLYYOU'REALWAYSBOREDFFSYOUDINGUSTWATWHYAREYOUALWAYSSOBOREDGODDAMITYOUMALAFAQATAR
gone bai bai
Oct 28, 2016 6:08 PM

Jun 2013
i usually just eat when i'm bored...
Oct 28, 2016 6:11 PM

Jul 2015
indulgeing urself into escapism hobby liek animu/videogame inded can be of many bore & tiresome

try ur create own thing.
draw, paint, write, or even code stuff

even if ur thing is baad, foel of accomlish something still wortwhile imp

ex. am scirble bad into paint using computer mouse

lol!!
Oct 28, 2016 6:15 PM

Jul 2015
Make interesting friends. Get to know them better
Oct 28, 2016 8:07 PM

Jul 2015
Currently hanging out with friends. Outside my friend's apartment Waiting for her to finish fucking. Before we go up.
Oct 28, 2016 8:38 PM

May 2016
Just embrace the boredom sit and do nothing till you start to enjoy the nothingness
Oct 28, 2016 8:47 PM
Jul 2018
I'm listening to a podcast and trying to learn french & russian.

I'm not bored but I do really hate writing things down.
Oct 28, 2016 8:54 PM

Feb 2013
Listen to old Coltrane albums and play chess with someone
Oct 28, 2016 9:21 PM
Sep 2016
I draw when I'm bored. Somewhat productive I guess, at least compared to watching anime.
Oct 29, 2016 2:25 AM

Sep 2009
GrizzlyAdams said:
Since you're so bored by the real world maybe indulge in a little foolishness. Go out and do some karaoke or something that forces you to express yourself outwardly. Also if you have any fears conquering them can be pretty exciting. Put yourself in situations that put you out of your comfort zone or are out of the ordinary.

My main suggestion would be when you give something a try not to give up on it after just a short period of time. You may have to break down some mental walls in order to lessen this boredom. It may not be fun at first but after awhile maybe you may start to enjoy yourself! ;)

My friend would make fun of me if they caught me singing (just because of my grim personality). I've given it a shot, the times I'm most bored tend to be at night, when it'd basically wake up the entire apartment complex.

Salvatia said:
indulgeing urself into escapism hobby liek animu/videogame inded can be of many bore & tiresome

try ur create own thing.
draw, paint, write, or even code stuff

even if ur thing is baad, foel of accomlish something still wortwhile imp

ex. am scirble bad into paint using computer mouse

lol!!

That's not too bad; I can actually recognize the character lol. I guess it's worth a shot.

Peco said:
Make interesting friends. Get to know them better

Making friends is like, the most troublesome thing thinkable, and probably will be for my entire life. And I do mean actual friends, and not just friendly acquaintances. It's generally not worth the effort though, because 99.99% of people are boring, so I'd have to make ~1000 friends before probability suggests that I would have an interesting friend. And I'd probably be buried by then.

RedTie said:
Right now? Pouring free time into gaming. Just sitting down and forgetting about everything else after a good work week.

Gaming gets pretty repetitive an rather monotonous after a while.

Brosiff322 said:
Just embrace the boredom sit and do nothing till you start to enjoy the nothingness

The longer I do nothing, the more I want to self-harm =X

Bezaliel said:
I'm listening to a podcast and trying to learn french & russian.

I'm not bored but I do really hate writing things down.

After trying to give Japanese a shot, I've found that I'm waay too lazy to learn a foreign language. I'm also really bad at them in general (I learned like, 3 levels of Spanish and 4 levels of Chinese, but forgot nearly all of it).

Anti-Illuminatus said:
Listen to old Coltrane albums and play chess with someone

I have this chessmaster 2000 app, and it whoops my ass every time (which isn't very fun). And all of the humans I know are asleep.

CD_90 said:
I draw when I'm bored. Somewhat productive I guess, at least compared to watching anime.

When I was younger, my parents and teachers were always angry at me for drawing and being unproductive =(
Now I have no motivation to draw stuff
Oct 29, 2016 3:51 AM
Nov 2013
OP needs a hug. *hugs*

You're probably bored because you're not challenging yourself enough. You should read some good books (not manga), learn to play an instrument, pick up another language, probably not Japanese pick something more latin-based like Spanish or hell Latin, build things...
Oct 29, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2016
when I'm really really bored I opt for movies or music or I randomly go for a walk or other stuff like drawing, writing or whatever works best for me. I guess, even working out might be good haha
Oct 29, 2016 5:37 AM

Aug 2014
There is a practically unlimited amount of entertainment media available at your fingertips. Stop wasting your time moaning about shit and discover new things.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Oct 29, 2016 5:39 AM

Mar 2015
This is literally cancer. Go kill yourself. It'll end your boredom and everything.
Oct 29, 2016 8:20 AM

Jun 2015
Wtf, stop making threads about boredom on mal and actually do something. The only reason you are bored is because of your laziness and apathy. The world suddenly hasn't got boring, it's full of possibilities to explore and discover and there are tons of things that can keep you occupied.
Oct 29, 2016 10:25 PM

Apr 2016
Do something productive, like learn a language.
Oct 29, 2016 10:40 PM

Jun 2016
I cure my boredom with anime and games
Oct 30, 2016 2:47 AM

Sep 2009
Insanius said:
Wtf, stop making threads about boredom on mal and actually do something. The only reason you are bored is because of your laziness and apathy. The world suddenly hasn't got boring, it's full of possibilities to explore and discover and there are tons of things that can keep you occupied.

You're right, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm too lazy and apathetic to find anything other than boredom in the world.
Oct 30, 2016 3:04 AM
Jun 2013
I make my every second eventful so I hardly get bored ............ Getting bored means Life sucks and When it does its worse than death .........HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Oct 30, 2016 5:36 AM

Mar 2016
Make a daily schedule so you're always doing something rather than being bored. It's how I live my life ;o
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 30, 2016 6:33 AM
Dec 2014
Start working out maybe? You're probably too lazy to even try it, which is just another excuse
j
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

25 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
32 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
40 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
53 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.