Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2016 1:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta admit, this episode gave me the chills especially seeing at how the Professor dueled.

Of course it's going to take more than a single episode to beat him but still...
Not surprised at all that Yuya's rage exploded again a bit.
Stark700Oct 23, 2016 2:01 AM
Oct 23, 2016 3:21 AM

Oct 2016
This episode was awesome.

Leo had his own Pendulum Monsters. Where did he get them from and did he have them all this time is beyond me. But if he did have them all along, then that would explain why he wasn't surprised at anyone using them before. I also think he said something about being prepared for the Lancers and them discovering a new way of fighting, meaning Pendulum Summon.

Yuya finally using an Entermate Fusion Monster, a vicious one in fact. I was thinking he was going for a Stone-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, seeing that rock-looking Entermate.

Funny moment:
Yuto: ''We've fought the darkness over and over again''.
Yuya: ''We won't let it win this time either.''
*Yuya goes berserk*

Also, if I understood correctly, neither Yusho or Shuzo remember anything about the birth of their children or where either of them came from in the first place.

Leo won't lose, either those Spirit Reactors have some effects that will protect him or the card he set will.
Looks like the girls are fusing next episode and Yuya might snap out of his rage.
TigerdrenalinOct 23, 2016 3:28 AM
Oct 23, 2016 3:40 AM
Apr 2013
The Duel wasn't as exciting as I thought it's going to be, but seeing Yuya being possessed by Zarc again is enough for me~! Also, I'm so happy seeing Reiji fiercely defending Yuya and in the next episode PV, he states he will save Yuya if he got overwhelmed by Zarc! XD

Okay, so it turns out that neither Yusho nor Shuzo remember about their children's birth and Shuzo simply thinks that Yuzu is a gift from God and never thinks much about it. Yusho also didn't think about it again until now, he finally comes into realization that he never remembered anything about his son's birth because that memory never existed to begin with.

And Yushofurther thinks that Zarc's soul inside Yuya purposely chose a pro duelist like him to raise Yuya so his reincarnation can grow to become a strong Duelist which will lead to his own revival, since as Leo has said, Zarc is holding the power of Duel Monsters.
Oct 23, 2016 4:26 AM

Sep 2011

Do I need to say more, I mean Zarc is just getting more and more brutal with each time Yuya goes Berserk. Did not expect that EM Fusion. And poor Yuzu, your words can't reach Yuya no more. Also next week we get Noh-Gilbo's animation! <3

Frost190 said:
And Yusho further thinks that Zarc's soul inside Yuya purposely chose a pro duelist like him to raise Yuya so his reincarnation can grow to become a strong Duelist which will lead to his own revival, since as Leo has said, Zarc is holding the power of Duel Monsters.

Yup basically that, just think about it, Leo knew about Yuya being Zarc and used Yusho for his own goals all along. I think what's creepier is the one that Yusho can't remember Yuya being born, he just remembers that poof, suddenly they had a kid. Then what about Ruri, or Rin and Yugo? Rin and Yugo I can understand that they just appeared at their orphanage when they were babies, but seriously, what about Ruri? Gah, I feel hyped about Arc-V once again, I haven't felt like this for a while lol.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Oct 23, 2016 4:47 AM
Apr 2013
Rukaliini said:

Frost190 said:
And Yusho further thinks that Zarc's soul inside Yuya purposely chose a pro duelist like him to raise Yuya so his reincarnation can grow to become a strong Duelist which will lead to his own revival, since as Leo has said, Zarc is holding the power of Duel Monsters.

Yup basically that, just think about it, Leo knew about Yuya being Zarc and used Yusho for his own goals all along. I think what's creepier is the one that Yusho can't remember Yuya being born, he just remembers that poof, suddenly they had a kid. Then what about Ruri, or Rin and Yugo? Rin and Yugo I can understand that they just appeared at their orphanage when they were babies, but seriously, what about Ruri? Gah, I feel hyped about Arc-V once again, I haven't felt like this for a while lol.

I hope this won't make Yusho regretting having Yuya as his son or anything. Yuya maybe the reincarnation of Zarc, but he is innocent! As for Ruri, I think Shun will be the one who will clarify that.

Speaking about Leo knew about Yuya and his counterparts, it makes me wondering until now why he let Yuri to become a Duelist. He even taught him it's okay to card people! Don't tell me that he thought if he taught Yuri to be loyal to him since he was a child he won't become like Zarc? Whatever it is, it's his own fault Yuri went mad. If Leo got carded by Yuri, it serves him right if you ask me.
Oct 23, 2016 7:46 AM

Jun 2010
Tigerdrenalin said:
Leo had his own Pendulum Monsters. Where did he get them from and did he have them all this time is beyond me. But if he did have them all along, then that would explain why he wasn't surprised at anyone using them before. I also think he said something about being prepared for the Lancers and them discovering a new way of fighting, meaning Pendulum Summon.

You're talking about the father of an entire family who prints cards like free, yo. He's able to develop real solid vision, managed to create cards that embody the power of nature, and this is what you ask? :v

Man, this episode is awesome, between all the story exposition, Yuushou's internal monologues, Hosoyan's sexy voice, Zarc taking over, and all the new D/D and Entermate cards :D
Oct 23, 2016 11:26 AM

Oct 2016
BlitzAceSamy said:
Tigerdrenalin said:

You're talking about the father of an entire family who prints cards like free, yo. He's able to develop real solid vision, managed to create cards that embody the power of nature, and this is what you ask? :v

Yes, but... even Reiji had to sample Yuya's Pendulum cards to mass produce his own. Heck, even Yuya had his mystical pendant create them for him. That's why I'm asking, I don't know what source did Leo have to use. And he must've had a source to copy them from, because Pendulum Cards are Yuya's own original thing, created from the pendant, the only thing that can create them out of thin air.

EDIT: So, the only logical conclusion I had come up with is that he sampled the Pendulums from Dennis, the only Academia student that ever used Pendulum Summoning.

And I was wondering how because I thought he might have said something this episode and I missed it.

And also, I didn't ask anything... I only said it was beyond me how he got the Pendulums. No question mark anywhere.
TigerdrenalinOct 23, 2016 11:36 AM
Oct 23, 2016 1:44 PM
Apr 2013
Professor is such a hypocrite. Calling Yuya a monster while raising Yuri to be a monster. He better have booby trapped Yuri's duel disc or at least have some plan to deal with Yuri, otherwise it's bullshit.

The case with the 4 girls is really interesting. It seems like they specifically targeted Zarc's counterparts to be born near them so they can keep watchful eyes on Zarc to prevent him from combining. They were even granted powers to make sure the Zarc's counterparts never meet up. But it seems only Yuzu's bracelet can do that, the other 3 bracelets don't seem to have any interesting ability.
DeathsaurusOct 23, 2016 1:53 PM
Oct 23, 2016 2:38 PM

Feb 2013
I don't know who I should be rooting for now, Leo is doing everything to save the world and if Zarc resurrects that will be lost.
But for that to happen Yuri and Yugo need to "fuse" with Yuya and Yuto.
Oct 23, 2016 2:54 PM
Aug 2015
Anyone else think what Leo is doing isn't really evil as he is returning the world to how it should be? The people who are fighting against him are doing it more for their own personal reasons to keep the world they like (The "false" one) which is slightly selfish as it isn't how the world should be... It's just how Leo went about doing it which was bad.
Oct 23, 2016 5:23 PM

Oct 2011
Holy! !!!
Yusho with no memory of his birth
Pendulum! !!
Zarc! !!!
nooo
Oct 23, 2016 5:47 PM
Sep 2012
Wow just wow, so Yuzu might adapted after all, what a roller coaster ride. And I guess back than Yusho thought his conversation with Shuzo must have thought Yuzu's mother left them, Shzuo didn't sound like a widower back than.

I wish someone would call Leo on his hypocrisy, I mean come on, the more he keeps saying Zarc is in Yuya, we must destroy Yuya to stop Zarc, I want to tell me excuse me you have Yuri on your payroll and he is more Zarc like than Yuya. Makes me wonder has he gained any emotional attachment to Yuri, I meant he might explain why doesn't do the obvious thing. Probably not the degree of attachment he had for Serena, but still maybe a bit, why else does he keep giving Yuri this rope.

And I am worried what is going to happen, all this time Leo is trying to convert Reiji to his side, well he might get someone else to turn, looks like this could turn into a fathers vs sons tag duel, I mean it looks like Yusho is about to turn on Yuya. Don't you dare, you would have a lot to explaining to do to Yoko. After the whole Yuzu brainwashing, this is all Yuya's needs is for his dad to turn on him, hasn't he suffered enough, haven't we suffered enough?
Oct 23, 2016 5:56 PM
Feb 2016
YAY~! My second favorite character is finally Dueling again! Reiji never fails to disappoint!

I particularly liked the back-and-forth between him and his father though, it really develops both of their characters.

I hope the next episode is just as good!
Oct 23, 2016 7:16 PM
Apr 2013
Duckerz said:
Anyone else think what Leo is doing isn't really evil as he is returning the world to how it should be? The people who are fighting against him are doing it more for their own personal reasons to keep the world they like (The "false" one) which is slightly selfish as it isn't how the world should be... It's just how Leo went about doing it which was bad.

In my opinion Leo is selfish himself. He himself said it right, that Arc Area Project is simply a mean to achieve his real goal: to revive Ray, his daughter. He is returning the world how it should be only so he can bring back his daughter. Ray has been Leo's main drive to unite the world. And while doing so, he neglected his current wife and son. And he also disregard how Ray's reincarnations are feeling. Yuzu and the others clearly don't want to become one and lose themselves, and Leo clearly knows this but ignores their feelings.

blfan said:
Wow just wow, so Yuzu might adopted after all, what a roller coaster ride. And I guess back than Yusho thought his conversation with Shuzo must have thought Yuzu's mother left them, Shzuo didn't sound like a widower back than.

I wish someone would call Leo on his hypocrisy, I mean come on, the more he keeps saying Zarc is in Yuya, we must destroy Yuya to stop Zarc, I want to tell me excuse me you have Yuri on your payroll and he is more Zarc like than Yuya. Makes me wonder has he gained any emotional attachment to Yuri, I meant he might explain why doesn't do the obvious thing. Probably not the degree of attachment he had for Serena, but still maybe a bit, why else does he keep giving Yuri this rope.

And I am worried what is going to happen, all this time Leo is trying to convert Reiji to his side, well he might get someone else to turn, looks like this could turn into a fathers vs sons tag duel, I mean it looks like Yusho is about to turn on Yuya. Don't you dare, you would have a lot to explaining to do to Yoko. After the whole Yuzu brainwashing, this is all Yuya's needs is for his dad to turn on him, hasn't he suffered enough, haven't we suffered enough?

They still haven't explain how come the parents felt it's natural that their children were just there and they didn't even feel bothered by it. I guess this is what they call parental love, they love their children so much that they didn't care forgetting about their children's birthday... Until Yusho finally realized it now.

Yeah, Leo was the one who taught Yuri it's okay to card people even though he knew that he is Zarc's reincarnation. And he just realised it after he defeated Asuka of all times that he is dangerous? He talks as if it's all Zarc's fault and not his fault that he and his counterparts became dangerous. If Leo get carded by Yuri, serves him right.

I'm also worried about that. Yusho is clearly worrying that he had inadvertently helped the demon Duelist's revival, and usually this thought may lead to a betrayal. If Yusho betray Yuya, I'm sure the situation will only get worse, and Zarc may even get revived completely.
Miya190Oct 23, 2016 7:19 PM
Oct 23, 2016 7:21 PM
Sep 2012
Frost190 said:

Yeah, Leo was the one who taught Yuri it's okay to card people even though he knew that he is Zarc's reincarnation. And he just realised it after he defeated Asuka of all times that he is dangerous? He talks as if it's all Zarc's fault and not his fault that he and his counterparts became dangerous. If Leo get carded by Yuri, serves him right.

You think Leo had some kind of emotional attachment to Yuri and that is why he didn't do the logically think and kill Yuri when he had the chance?
Oct 23, 2016 7:37 PM

Apr 2012
I was like "okay, he's gonna fusion summon some odd-eyes variant"
nope he summons a ghoul with a huge gatling gun!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 23, 2016 7:43 PM
Apr 2013
blfan said:
Frost190 said:

You think Leo had some kind of emotional attachment to Yuri and that is why he didn't do the logically think and kill Yuri when he had the chance?

Seeing how child Yuri looked up to him, maybe that's the case? Or perhaps Leo thinks Yuri will be useful in his plan to fulfil Revival Zero faster considering how strong Yuri is ever since he was a child.
Oct 23, 2016 7:50 PM

Apr 2016
im starting to believe Akaba Reiji continuous summoning exist to waste time and end the episode in a cliff hangar because his summoning did absolutely nothing
Oct 24, 2016 1:07 AM
Apr 2013
Isn't it odd that Zarc and Ray counterparts reincarnated so much later than every one else? Like at least a decade later.

I thought they were born to their new parents last time, but apparently not, they were just given to them.

I wonder what the 8 of them were doing during their blank period.
Oct 24, 2016 2:03 AM

Sep 2016
unexpected sick entermate gatling fusion
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 24, 2016 2:20 AM
Jun 2011
DarthWeeaboo said:
im starting to believe Akaba Reiji continuous summoning exist to waste time and end the episode in a cliff hangar because his summoning did absolutely nothing
most of the time his continuous summoning let him win the battle. in this case leo was ready for it
Oct 24, 2016 2:25 AM

Oct 2016
Duckerz said:

It depends on how you look at it. After Ray defeated Zarc and split the dimensions, there was finally peace in the new dimensions and everything was basically fine... until Leo started his wars, invading Xyz and raiding Synchro and Standard. If he didn't do that and if he didn't re-invent Real Solid Vision, everything would've been just fine if you ask me. And from this point of view, Leo is the selfish one.

But from Leo's point of view, Zarc and the dimensions are to blame for taking away his only daughter from him.

However, if you look at it as objectively as you can, Leo is the one to blame both times war plagued the world. The first time he invented Real Solid Vision and is indirectly responsible for causing Zarc to become violent using it. And then, when he should've realized his mistake, he recreates the dueling system and brings chaos to the world once again. When the original dimension should've started anew in a brand new order (the four dimensions) and finally moved on from the suffering, Leo doesn't want to move on and instead wreaks havoc, trying to destroy the peaceful new order of things.
TigerdrenalinOct 24, 2016 2:36 AM
Oct 24, 2016 5:27 AM

Jul 2016
This was pretty good, the writers have filled some holes in this ep and this is becoming tense.

The animation was kinda floppy in some parts, but in others they really nailed it.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Oct 24, 2016 6:41 AM
Jul 2015
this is a really good episode and looks like leos plan might be sucess which i wont be suprised.Leo sure is being dumb as usual while his plans are really noble,sympathetic and he is trying to save the world but at the same time he is also selfish.sure he will redeemed himself ones the show ended and once ray gets revived i am pretty sure she wont be happy of her fathers plan and she will feel the same way as reiji.
Oct 24, 2016 12:21 PM
Jan 2013
Take a drink everytime "Yuya" or "Yuzu" is mentioned.

Aside from that, it's good episode, kinda not expecting Leo's pendulum summon, Yuya's fusion which is not Odd-Eyes variant, and Zard and Ray not having "born" in 4 dimensions.
Oct 24, 2016 12:49 PM
Sep 2014
Eh, tbh I've been kinda bored these last few episodes. It's probably the fact that Yuya's been a bit too overexposed for my tastes along with me not having much investment in either Akaba and Yuya's relationship or in Leo as an antagonist but none of what's happened so far really has the same kind of oomph that final arcs usually have.

Just the fact that everyone's been allowed to wander around freely without the slightest bit of consequences despite being in enemy territory is a major turnoff for me along with how hard the writers have gone out their way to ensure that all the remaining Lancers are useless, handicapping/injuring Sawatari, Gong, Kurosaki and Sora, reverting Reira into being a screaming wreck despite his Synchro arc development, ensuring no named character gets a real onscreen win that isn't a counterpart or a legacy character, etc.

There just hasn't been any sense of excitement imo, I'm intrigued at how they'll handle the Zarc and Ray thing but even then just barely, I just hope Yuri gets more screentime before getting sucked up into Zarc.
Oct 26, 2016 5:34 AM

Oct 2016
Vuhii said:
Tigerdrenalin said:

Leo had his own Pendulum Monsters. Where did he get them from and did he have them all this time is beyond me.

He's had them from the first time he dueled on screen.

You mean this one? Because this is the first time he ever duels.
Oct 26, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
Tigerdrenalin said:

Reiji developed pendulum cards by copying Yuya's TG/SG cards, and look behind Reiji for the obvious connection... his mother. I'd be willing to bet she gave them to Leo with all of Reiji's research without him being aware of it.
Oct 26, 2016 9:10 AM

Jul 2016
hahahahaha awesome! Our protagonist will turn become an antagonist hahahaha. I really want to see Zarc's final form, and his strongest dragon.
Oct 27, 2016 4:17 AM

Oct 2016
Bill_the_Cat said:
Tigerdrenalin said:

Reiji developed pendulum cards by copying Yuya's TG/SG cards, and look behind Reiji for the obvious connection... his mother. I'd be willing to bet she gave them to Leo with all of Reiji's research without him being aware of it.

No definite proof yet about her still being loyal to Leo, but yes, the woman seemed cold and cruel from the very beginning and she even wanted her adopted son to become a mindless dueling puppet. I actually wouldn't be surprised very much if your speculation comes true because it wouldn't seem off at all.

And besides, it would be quite useful for Leo to have an insider in Standard to give him intel about the happenings there, like when he ''conveniently'' found out about Yuzu's location.
Oct 27, 2016 4:44 AM
Apr 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:
Bill_the_Cat said:

No definite proof yet about her still being loyal to Leo, but yes, the woman seemed cold and cruel from the very beginning and she even wanted her adopted son to become a mindless dueling puppet. I actually wouldn't be surprised very much if your speculation comes true because it wouldn't seem off at all.

And besides, it would be quite useful for Leo to have an insider in Standard to give him intel about the happenings there, like when he ''conveniently'' found out about Yuzu's location.

I think Leo developed the Pendulum Cards from Dennis. Before going to Synchro Dimension, Reiji has distributed Pendulum Cards to most of Lancers, including Dennis. And when Sora sent him back to Academia after losing to Shun, that's when Leo also started researching the Pendulum Cards. With Academia's technologies, I don't think it's difficult to create new Pendulum cards in short time.
Oct 27, 2016 7:39 AM

Oct 2016
Frost190 said:
Tigerdrenalin said:

I think Leo developed the Pendulum Cards from Dennis. Before going to Synchro Dimension, Reiji has distributed Pendulum Cards to most of Lancers, including Dennis. And when Sora sent him back to Academia after losing to Shun, that's when Leo also started researching the Pendulum Cards. With Academia's technologies, I don't think it's difficult to create new Pendulum cards in short time.

Said the exact same thing as one of the possibilities in one my earlier posts in this thread.

It still doesn't exclude the option that Himika could also be a spy for Leo to help him keep Standard in check, even if she isn't the one that gave him Pendulum cards.

I just hope they actually elaborate on Leo's Pendulums during the show instead of us having to guess what happened and instead of lazily skipping the whole question like they did with some things.
Feb 9, 2017 7:00 PM

Apr 2007
Evil Yuya is the most entertaining Yuya. It's funny how his evil face was probably the best animated part in the entire episode, heh

That was an interesting theory by Yusho. Also the fact that he doesn't remember Yuzu or Yuya being born. Ruri is the only other one with a known family member, but I doubt Shun would question her "existence" for lack of a better word.
Feb 11, 2018 5:38 AM

May 2016
Really good episode. But I'm talking about the dub. Anyway 10/10

Reo uses his own Pendulum and Beserk Yuya comes back. Plus we get to see Reiji his own mutli summoning methoutds too.
Feb 12, 2018 6:10 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Declan always has EXPLOSIVE PLAYS !!!!! And Zarc is showing his true power!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Apr 7, 2019 11:30 PM

Dec 2012
Leo said Arc-V. Roll credits!
Roll credits!
Roll credits!
Dat flashback.
No memories.
Roll credits!
Roll credits!
Roll credits!
lol I knew Leo had Pendulum.
Yuya is angry.
Dat Gatling.
Zarc chose Yushou?
Dat Rape face.
Kore de owari da!
Dat ending.

Reiji's long ass turns. Something I hate when playing in real life. So boring. I can only tolerate this because it is a show.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 12, 2020 7:18 PM

Feb 2014
Baby Yuzu Kawaii!!!!!
Damn, Reiji has some crazy good turns for the standards of the anime.
This 2 v 1 duel reminds me of Yugi & Kaiba vs Dartz, wonder if Leo Akaba will be as though as him tho.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.