Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2016 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah I liked the fun atmosphere of this episode rather than some of the drama heavy stuff.

I like the competition between the guys (other than music) when they competed in that race on the waters and boxing match. We need more episodes like this, just competition between the guys to see who is the best :D
Oct 22, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2007
Shimono-san's character w. brother of the teacher he admires (Kimura-san's character), but he ignores him. He requested the teacher to take his position in Muscle Fight so that he can do duet song properly. Kimura-san's character only entered enemy's group so that he can defeat his brother.

Training time and his group mates are supportive. Shimono-san's character approves opponent's skill, but not his attitude as idol. Both of them passed the challenge, but the main part is boxing. Showing what's idol through punching and IN song suddenly. It showing both of them aiming for the teacher, but in different attitude. Though both of them fought to their limit, Shimono-san's character hold his stand.

Next pair next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 22, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2012
Mmm, I thought it was a ridiculous episode. Didn't like the song either, although KimuRyo sounded good on his lines. It's just, overall, the song was too Syo-feeling.

I was more impressed with the first three episodes because it was more serious but it looks like episode 4 went back to the typical Utapri style.
Oct 22, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2015
Ouch, poor Syo :( come to think of it, considering that it's a variety show for celebrities, isn't that a little too dangerous for them?

I kind of wish we got more insight on Yamato - yes, we know he's competitive since young, but why? Inferiority complex? Their parents preferred Ryuuya over him? Even though this episode heavily featured him, I didn't think we knew him all that well even after the episode ends. Plus, quite a bit of telling, not showing this episode.

Mayuka said:
typical Utapri style.

Yeah, it did feel very usual Utapri instead of more like season 4.

This week's song wasn't particularly impressive, considering that it sounds very similar to the usual Syo songs. Since the previous songs were more different than the singers' usual songs, it feels a little disappointing. Their own solo songs, however, are much better, and like last week I preferred the Heavens' solo over Starish.
Oct 22, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2016
I really liked the setting for this episode :) Wished they would have included some more games (Takeshi's Castle anyone)

I'm a bit disappointed with the song, but that may be the case because I usually find Sho's singing pretty weak (even though he's my favorite character XD)

And...Natsuki is so adorable when he's taking care of Sho XD
Oct 22, 2016 11:46 AM

Apr 2016
Unfortunately, I thought this episode was okay... :/

I was definitely surprised to learn that Ryuya and Yamato are brothers. I don't think I can understand the constant brother rivalry here... It's completely understandable why Syo was upset at Yamato; I didn't like his attitude either, LOL!! xD

It was nice that Syo allowed Yamato to see that their work is worth it because they make others smile. I hope this becomes Yamato's new reason as to why he's an idol. I do think it's such a waste if he still insists on being an idol only to defeat Ryuya... :/

I like the song this time! :) It was nice, but I wish we got to see them rehearse in a practice room too... ><

I like that STARISH is watching out for Syo, specifically the Natsuki moments. The friendship in this anime never gets old.
Oct 22, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't really care for this episode in the end. It was a little too dramatic for my tastes, and I would have liked to learn more about Yamato other than the fact that he apparently has brother issues.

But the main reason why this episode wasn't really fun to watch was the animation. It was appalling frankly. So many blocky faces and transition changes, characters going off-model, and Yamato's eye color changing to red in one frame. I spent the majority of the time during the episode just smiling weirdly, because every scene was derp overload. A-1, WHERE'S THE QUALITY CONTROL?

Also, the duet song was better then last episode's, but not by much. I did like Ryohei Kimura's vocals though. ^_^

So the pair that I was looking forward to the most has a bad song and a bad episode. Cecil and Shion should have a interesting dynamic though, so I'm interested to see how that turns out.
Oct 22, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
I guess I liked it overall, though I liked the 3rd episode a lot more?? I don't know, I think I like it when it is more serious, which is something that this show isn't way too often which is why I'm kinda not like the biggest fan of the series, but at least it is entertaining to watch. I'm never really bored by it which is why I keep watching it.
Oct 22, 2016 12:51 PM

Apr 2014
punch in the stomach what a bad guy ...too much bad for my taste hahaha
yeah muscle figh remembers me takeshi´s castle too hahah
waiting for natsuki and ren episodes hehehe
Oct 22, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
Even though I'm a big fan of Uta Pri, I think I don't really like this season. It feels like something is missing. It's already the 4th episode and I don't have any songs I like. Heavens don't interest me either. Watching the rivalry and friendship between Starish and Quartet Night was entertaining and the songs were mostly good (I even studied for my finals with their piano covers and they made me both happy and relaxed) but ever since Heavens were included, it seems like the only thing I do is to yawn and check how many more minutes left through the whole episode :/
Oct 22, 2016 5:55 PM

May 2010
YES, this is the cheesiness I love! Compared to the previous two episodes where everyone were just moping around and whining, this was the silly, but in a positive and ridiculous UtaPri way I love. I knew Shou would make this season better!

But yeah, song kinda sucked :| Also after watching this ep I'm convinced that members of Heavens are really just one-dimensional boring assholes. First we had standard nice guy, now we had standard arrogant asshole with inferiority complex. Which just made me even more sure I'm watching some forgotten Naruto episode, especially during that silly battle but k.
Oct 22, 2016 11:44 PM
Jun 2016
I found the episode okay ~ tad boring and the animation dropped a bit compared to the previous episodes....and the song was meh...

Also love that there are bromances happening and stuff but i need more HARUKA flirting/boys clinging to her...cause otherwise i feel like this is just going to be another series where she ends up doubting herself and then goes away for a few days to write epic songs (rewrite) ~ i need some drama/romance!!!
Oct 23, 2016 9:11 AM

Nov 2012
lmao that battle though
besides that.. meh. the HEAVENS guys are so boring :|
Oct 23, 2016 11:22 AM
Sep 2015
Great! I was dying to see Syo's unhealthy obsession with Hyuga-Sensei develop further to little brother.
Heavens aren't my cup of tea.
Oct 23, 2016 10:12 PM
Apr 2015
what happened to the romance?? is it just no longer apart of this anime?
Oct 24, 2016 5:11 AM

Apr 2010
Sho was so... cute but in a bit manly way... not sure about the word. Whille Yamato was so annoying. And Hyuga-sensei (forgot his name) was cool.

By the way, did you pay attention:
1) The size of Yamato's pupils change over the episode?
2) Before getting hit by the left box, Sho was next to the circle (the line), but later he stayed inside it despite being hit?
3) Did anyone wonder how Hyuga-sensei heard Yamato from the arena?

The song was... weird... They hallucinated singing the song while fighting... but the song was probably before Sho changes... Did they forget he changed it just few minutes before?

In the end, nice episode. Just... not too rational.

Oct 24, 2016 8:14 PM

Oct 2011
Syo Yamato episode ahhhhh
😍
That Ninja Warrior competition and that song😍

Cecil Shion episode next time ahh
Oct 25, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
lululimabeans said:
this season is focused on the group rivarly so i guess the harem part is unimportant.
Oct 25, 2016 10:48 AM
Oct 2016
Mayuka said:
lululimabeans said:
this season is focused on the group rivarly so i guess the harem part is unimportant.

Ughhhhhhh. No wonder it's gotten so lame.
Oct 26, 2016 10:23 AM

Nov 2014
I am getting quite discouraged to see people not liking this series, I mean, okay, it may not be the same UtaPri, but sometimes, we need some changes -w- I want to understand HEAVENS more, that's why I keep watching, the opening is perfect as usual and the ending theme is also perfect >-< Keep complaining, but it won't change in the end owo

And sure, I also noticed the animation style right from the start, but I didn't really care about it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2016 1:49 AM
Mar 2010
lululimabeans said:

Yeah, I'm pretty much putting this on hold because of this. This has turned into some regular old idol show now. Not the reverse harem I love.

Meh.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 6, 2016 10:04 AM
Sep 2016
(A little late to the party lol)

I felt like this episode went by really quick. It was a bit face paced, and I'm still not entirely sure what kind of character Yamato is. I agree with everyone who is saying this episode returned to traditional UtaPri with how fun it was (compared to the rest of this season anyway). The song is probably one of the weakest songs that has come out of the anime (many of the game songs are weak; the anime has put out better music). It was an okay episode, but definitely low-ranking on the list of uteri episodes (the only one I can think of that's worse is episode 11 of season 3. that animation was awful)
Feb 24, 2017 6:20 PM

Feb 2015
i know it is not extreme with the animation levels but this is really bad. also i guess most of the chunk of the season is working out the collabs, what lazy writing. but then again it is uta....

on a side note:

LOL HOW COULD THEY IGNORE THE INDIRECT REFERENCE

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

51 by senekohan »»
Oct 20, 2023 4:47 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

40 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:49 AM

Poll: » [Poll] Uta no Prince-sama Legend Star favorite character.

Lyrel - Oct 30, 2016

11 by jesi2 »»
Dec 29, 2021 6:13 PM

» Will there be a 5th season of Uta no prince Sama?

Minjaeii - Dec 30, 2016

16 by jesi2 »»
Aug 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

33 by Liaeves »»
Aug 21, 2020 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.