Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 11, 2016 12:10 PM
Apr 2016
Better then episode 1

Oct 11, 2016 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
Well it did have a good first episode even though this was soulless boring slapstick drivel... Hope the next episode has something about Noro Makoto.
Oct 11, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
I take back what I said last time, I really see potential in this show.

One thing I don't get though, when Kobayashi was moving those boxes away and shaking the machine nothing exploded, but when he was just trying to eat the food got blasted away...

Anyways the ED reminds me of Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou...kinda gives off that vibe
Oct 11, 2016 1:38 PM
Mar 2016
Nice one , but I still hope that there won't be any yaoi thing around here.
Oct 11, 2016 4:05 PM

Dec 2015
Alright but I'm not sure im following it all that well. Is this boys club a legit group? It seems to be with a hierarchy and "hideout" to operate from and they have amazing tech at their disposal.... Yet they spend their days chasing a suspicious boyfriend who works in a soup kitchen.
I' get that he doesn't remember much but it would also be nice to have some explanation of his power from his own experience, what he learned of it even if he doesn't remember how he got it. Maybe that will come soon since he is a part of the group? I hope so.
Oct 11, 2016 6:22 PM

Feb 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Alright, I get the whole deal with Kobayashi's power not allowing him to get hurt or die and all that, but I still don't get the deal with the girl. Wasn't she drinking one of those alkaline water drinks when she went to ask the Detective Boys for help? If the stuff in the water was what poisoned the guy, how was it that she was okay with consuming it over coffee? I'm assuming that the water was mass produced and ergo the same all over.

If I had to guess, I'd say that she worked for the company that bottled the water. It would be easy to poison and snag a few bottles in that case and would explain why the boyfriend was so determined to promote the water.
Oct 11, 2016 10:04 PM

Nov 2015
It was an ok episode.

Oct 12, 2016 12:31 AM

Jan 2008
Kensuke is so annoying, the rest was generic.
Oct 12, 2016 2:05 AM
Jul 2015
Sherlupin said:
it's time to cringe again

at least the ed is good. i didn't cringe in this episode
Oct 12, 2016 3:08 AM

Apr 2011
I'll give it one more episode and if doesn't work out well it's dropped.
Oct 12, 2016 5:58 AM

Oct 2016
much better than episode 1 .. :v
Oct 12, 2016 7:57 AM

Apr 2016
As most have already said, much better than the first episode. Now I will continue the series.

But have I confused what? Wasn't the murderer also the orderer of the Dedective? Stupid of her imo

ichii_1 said:
It was okay, detectives doing detective stuff.
R.I.P. sweet prince.

thebrentinator24 said:
Wait couldn't she have pulled off her plan without involving the detective agency? She would have been able to kill the doctor, her boyfriend would have been arrested, and she would have gotten away with everything.......or did I miss something? Ah, fuck it.

The police would investigate her and find out her connections, she has no way out.
With her plan she can frame the boyfriend as a psycho.

Well, for the police in my opinion hard to prove

FencOct 12, 2016 8:09 AM
Oct 12, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2013
My biggest problems with the anime are it's two main characters.
About Kobayashi: He is a damn brat, has no manners and obviously lacks a sense of guilt. If someone asked me to name one of the most unlikable characters for this season, I would name him. He annoys me everytime he is on screen with his inconsistent ability and bad behaviour.
About Hanasaki: I liked him first, but the more we see from him the more robotic he acts. Last episode he didn't give a f*ck about the dead puppy, this episode a human died (which could have been easily prevented tbh) and he also acts as cheerful and happy as if nothing happened. Can he only display one emotion? Do his "angry feelings" only last for 2 seconds?

I already gave up on Kobayashi's part, but I want a damn explanation why Hanasaki is so indifferent when it comes to life and dead (yet again he wants to save Kobayashi's life... what??). The characters of this anime act not very human-like so far. I will give this one more episode to wait for Hanasaki's backstory (no not his butt), but my hopes aren't high that we will get to know more about him soon.
Oct 12, 2016 9:57 AM

Aug 2016
I liked it better than the first one. Im curious about the relationship between Hanasaki and Kobayashi tbh
Oct 12, 2016 10:06 AM

Jan 2016
Quite interesting episode, and he finally became a boy detective :P
feel like a calming episode, but also some excitement!
cant wait till next week. wonder how thats going t be ^^
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 12, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was... Okay I guess? The main guy (er the brown haired one... I don't know their names lol) is getting kind of annoying. I don't really know what to say. It was just kinda eh I guess
Oct 12, 2016 6:20 PM

Dec 2012
I still want to laugh when main shota screams" huh".
allo
Oct 12, 2016 7:06 PM
Feb 2016
Hanasaki's voice annoys me, but everything else about the show is good enough for me. I think I'll watch it to the end.
Oct 13, 2016 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
Well, that was pretty dang good... don't really have much to say though, it was like your basic criminal investigation show, except one of the dudes has the power to destroy everything within a specific sphere and is almost invincible. I look forward to next episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 13, 2016 4:39 AM

Dec 2013
Nice episode but we still don't really know why the woman wanted to kill the doctor...or I really missed something x)

Oct 13, 2016 7:25 AM

Jun 2013
you stupid idiot why did you drink the water!?
Oct 13, 2016 7:31 AM

Jul 2016
By far,I really started to dislike this show.Not because of the annoying characters,I think the characters are interesting.But the overall atmosphere is relatively boring,there's no any sort of sound elements during the whole show.This causes a relatively boring atmosphere.
Apart from that,story doesn't show any consistency,this episode is talking about case of threat letters and the first episode is about "twenty faces",I'm sure that they don't catch "twenty face",so why starting a new case in this episode?
Clearly there's no much plot here,but considering the mystery developed and the protagonists development in this episode,3/5(okay)
TokumiaOct 13, 2016 7:35 AM

Life is empty without anime

Oct 13, 2016 7:48 AM

May 2016
For me it's gonna be the best anime in fall season right after Haikyuu season 3.
The idea with that none can stand near Kobayashi is really cool.
Can't wait for more episodes
Oct 14, 2016 1:03 AM
Jun 2016
good cap like it was pretty good never expect the ending

I NEED MORE OF NORO PLEASE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2016 7:01 PM

Jun 2016
I think I will give this a couple more episodes. I do like Kobayashi and I wonder about his background. I imagine if you despair long enough and live long enough without be close to anyone you might go slightly mad and distance yourself from the world which is what he has probably done. Not a huge fan of Hanasaki's character.
Oct 15, 2016 2:21 AM

Oct 2015
Well that was predictable...
Oct 15, 2016 3:22 PM

Feb 2013
I have no reason to continue watching.

2/10 and dropped.
Oct 15, 2016 4:42 PM

Sep 2013
Eve778 said:
I just can't bring myself to care about the characters. The only good part of the episode was the case. If they make the characters just a little more likable and keep up the episodic format, I think I'd be satisfied at the end of the day.

I completely agree. I find Kobayashi and Hanasaki really irritating for some reason... like I can't sympathize with Kobayashi at all and Hanasaki is just way too overbearing.
Oct 15, 2016 4:50 PM
Nov 2015
LOL realizing Keijo had a better budget than this

2/5
Oct 16, 2016 12:30 AM

Sep 2012
MissPsychoholic said:
Last episode he didn't give a f*ck about the dead puppy, this episode a human died (which could have been easily prevented tbh) and he also acts as cheerful and happy as if nothing happened. Can he only display one emotion? Do his "angry feelings" only last for 2 seconds?

You messed up your wording or you didn't pay close enough attention (I don't blame ya if you didn't, lol). He did care that the dog died. At first he was angry that the dog actually died (iirc), and then when he went to give the dead body to the owners, you see him cry very briefly as you see the dad give the daughter another dog (could be sympathy, due to the fact that the dog's life just meant that little to the family). I feel like he's one of the characters that has to play the happy-carefree dude but could be absolutely miserable inside (pretty much like everyone irl, aha).

One the note of that retarded ass boyfriend, he wasn't there when he died. He booked it out of the room before that fucking idiot decided to chug the bottle of water that he was TOLD WAS FUCKING POISONED. Either way, that idiot deserved to die if he's going to do that. As for it being easily prevented, I don't think that dude in the wheelchair would be able to get up to stop him from drinking, ya know. Maybe he could've rammed him or some shit but...

Also, I don't think it's that he's indifferent about life and death. But he made a promise to one day kill the-annoying-ass-brat-that-I-won't-bother-remembering-the-name-for. And he's the type of guy that keeps promises. That's why he said it's a race for himself. If he can show that brat the world and change his mind about dying, or if the brat's mind doesn't change when he finds out how to kill him.

Anyways, that evil bitch was hella cute. Quality art/10 for her. Feet art is still disguising though.
People complaining about no plot as well, but most detective animes are just random cases with the plot just barely there. Maybe the case will give a slight progress to the plot or something. In this episode we learn that there might be an actual mastermind kinda dealo here, since the evil bitch won't talk. Also make a tiny progress where the brat gets injured very slightly near the end.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 16, 2016 6:28 AM
Oct 2015
I liked the first episode better, but it's still pretty good. I just hope we won't get a new investigation for each episode for a while and then a development in the story line. I don't want to wait 10 episodes before learning more about the characters and what happened to Kobayashi. I'll keep watching because I like it so far.
I love anime, one of my favourite is Tokyo Ghoul. I created a french website about it. You can check it out here: http://tokyo-ghoul.fr/
Oct 16, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
Kazuto_Katsuragi said:
... or you didn't pay close enough attention (I don't blame ya if you didn't, lol). He did care that the dog died. At first he was angry that the dog actually died (iirc), and then when he went to give the dead body to the owners, you see him cry very briefly as you see the dad give the daughter another dog (could be sympathy, due to the fact that the dog's life just meant that little to the family). I feel like he's one of the characters that has to play the happy-carefree dude but could be absolutely miserable inside (pretty much like everyone irl, aha).

You got me there. I was so damn irritated when Hanasaki told Kobayashi that he is so cool minutes after the dog died (correct me if I'm mistaken again). I know the MC seemed(?) to be sad that he killed the puppy himself, but that "sad" reaction from him was so short, he reacted more angry about Hanasaki blaming him for killing the dog (what he never did, still MC got angry?). Hanasaki's "sad feelings" on the other hand were easily overlaid with his cheerful mode, so ya, I guess I didn't notice his tears when I visited the clients home. But looking at your theory why he acts mostly happy is also a reason why he is still kinda likeable and more interesting than the other characters so far. I want some flashbacks from him to understand him better.

Kazuto_Katsuragi said:
... I don't think that dude in the wheelchair would be able to get up to stop him from drinking, ya know. Maybe he could've rammed him or some shit but...

That could have become the most entertaining moment of the whole episode lol. Priceless!
Oct 18, 2016 10:34 PM
Mar 2012
Mc more annoying idiot than last episode, probably the most annoying mc this season. Girl was suspicious early on, but they haven't explained her motive. Guess it's like radical organic girl against genetic engineering.
Old dude's VR karaoke & virtual golf with yoga salad health nut were good.
Oct 20, 2016 12:13 AM

Jun 2016
waaait, what exactly happens when Kobayashi doesn't eat? dead rats & bugs get sucked into his stomach, or... something...??? i'm dropping it now but i'd like to know what the hell that was about

Oct 20, 2016 2:30 AM

Oct 2008
Immortal boy is slowly opening-up to MC.
4/5

Oct 23, 2016 10:05 AM

Jul 2009
Kobayashi and MC are so annoying ... omg >_< The loner angsty personality isn't good on anyone -_-" Kobayashi is super weird, so his body will force himself to eat? Sometimes his force field affects things he's grabbing for (udon) but clearly not everything (the drink last episode) ... so random lol. So the girl was just tricking her boyfriend and trying to kill that one guy ...? They came crashing into his "talk" but there wasn't even anyone else in the room ...? To be honest I just want to see Akechi :( So the other guy (who drives him) is a high school student?! Dang I thought he was older lol XD I hope the mysteries are good enough to pull me through this show lol
Oct 27, 2016 4:22 AM

Jun 2013
This one's more interesting than the first episode but there's no "wow" factor.

I feel sorry for the boyfriend. His bitch seems to be part of some group or cult.
臭い-
Nov 9, 2016 5:26 PM
Aug 2013
I wonder how the plot of Hanasaki swearing to kill Kobayashi will turn out like. From the previous episode, you'd think they'd make it turn out that Kobayashi ends up appreciating life during his time with the detective boys. However, now that they already referred to Hanasaki planning to do that, it's like giving away later plot points.
Nov 15, 2016 9:59 PM

Aug 2013
The mystery was okay but was quite a messy conclusion though.
I don't have a clue why the woman did that nor what exactly is going on here.
The mcs definitely have pretty annoying personalities.
Nov 19, 2016 5:17 AM
Aug 2013
Sherlupin said:
So can someone explain to me how did they knew she was the culprit ?

the episode didn't do a good job at doing it

I agree this was the one problem in the episode for me. Basically, if you listen to the phone call late in the episode, before Hanasaki caught Koba stealing food, you could hear a background noise that was supposed to be from killer lady's phone. The noise was the broken song from the vending machine that Hanasaki and Kobayashi passed on the way to the place which showed that killer lady went there as well.

It's some okay logical I guess, basic but then it is the first case. But the problem was that the volume of the sound was so low I had to rewatch it and turn up my volume really high to hear it. If your audio is muffled, you'd pretty much be lost.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2017

61 by Poodles »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2017

24 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:14 AM

» Worth your time ?

SilverFever - Sep 22, 2017

8 by Maackkk »»
Feb 2, 2021 2:46 AM

» has this anime improved any since the first few episodes?

metadata - Nov 14, 2016

17 by SofiaBulga »»
Oct 23, 2019 2:18 AM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2016

42 by PrideRoyalIvy »»
Sep 12, 2018 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.