Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 5, 2016 11:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
This was a decent episode that featured some strong action scenes.

The setting of a gym that trains athletes that fight in martial arts competitions is pretty unique. And all of the girls here are really skilled even more so than the mc.

Hmm so Fuuka played by up and comings seiyuu Inori Minase is the main character.

She looks to be tough, capable and determined. She also doesn't tolerate gangs
fighting in her home either. Fuuka seems averse to the use of martial arts despite
being a capable fighter in her own right. But despite that she does need the money to survive.

Her averse to martial arts comes from the fact that she was beaten by her
childhood friend who is currently the under 15 world champion.

Rinne is Fuuka's childhood friend that grew up together.
Like Fukka she was an orphan. However unlike Fukka she was taken in
by a rich family and started doing martial arts which completely changed
her personality. Now she looks down on the weak and contrasts greatly with Fukka
which culminated in the match between them which resulted in Fuuka's loss.

Einhald Stratos played by veteran seiyuu Mamiko Noto is a top athlete
at the gym and was the one that met Fukka after she staggered into her.

The fact that she managed to diffuse Fuuka's punch speaks to her strength.
Eins is a descent person that has a nice personality and as top athlete
is really capable and powerful in a fight.

animation was pretty good in this episode and the fight scenes were beautifully designed

Inori Minase is one of my fav seiyuu's even before Re Zero where she performed flawlessly.

Its nice to see that this role is just as combat heavy as Rem from Re zero.
Mamiko Noto is as impressive as ever and her portrayal of Eins was spot on.

can't wait to see where this goes from here
ShingsterOct 5, 2016 12:13 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2016 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
Shingster said:

Mamiko Noto is as impressive as ever and her portrayal of Eins was spot on.

Eins is Reinforce.
Oct 5, 2016 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
nice fight i guess
Oct 6, 2016 4:56 AM

Mar 2015
zunderdog24 said:
SirMaddy said:
I liked Nanoha when it was about Nanoha.

its a good thing they didnt put her name in the title then.

Yes, but it´s better they stop to bury the Nanoha series, and start a new franchise with lolis and martial arts. Wharever i´m happy with the next Nanoha film
Oct 6, 2016 5:28 AM

Mar 2014
zombie_wolf said:
zunderdog24 said:

its a good thing they didnt put her name in the title then.

Yes, but it´s better they stop to bury the Nanoha series, and start a new franchise with lolis and martial arts. Wharever i´m happy with the next Nanoha film

Bury nanoha??? Are you crazy, I want nanoha to live forever.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Oct 6, 2016 6:25 AM

Mar 2015
zunderdog24 said:
zombie_wolf said:

Bury nanoha??? Are you crazy, I want nanoha to live forever.

Me too!!! But i want Nanoha and Fate, not Vivio in magical world where they use physical attack
Oct 6, 2016 7:38 AM

Jan 2014
Nanoha to me died when it moved away from being Magical to being martial arts. I watched nanoha to see people get hit by and obliterated by starlight breaker. I disliked where I saw it going in StrikerS and Vivid was bad... the only reason i watched is because its related to nanoha and.... the magical girl aspect is gone. Its just loli's punching each other now.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Oct 6, 2016 7:56 AM
Feb 2015
uran10 said:
Nanoha to me died when it moved away from being Magical to being martial arts. I watched nanoha to see people get hit by and obliterated by starlight breaker. I disliked where I saw it going in StrikerS and Vivid was bad... the only reason i watched is because its related to nanoha and.... the magical girl aspect is gone. Its just loli's punching each other now.

Strikers was still okay, it was post strikers that things went downhill.
Oct 6, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2014
uran10 said:

Well, ViVid is a spin-off, and ViVid Strike is basically a spin-off to ViVid. Since they are spin-offs, they can be different to the previous works. And Vivio doesn't need more traumatic events after she suffered so much in StrikerS. Vivio lives her own life and its different to her mothers. It's a nice contrast since Nanoha and Fate's childhood wasn't particularly peaceful and she doesn't see people dying.
Oct 6, 2016 4:01 PM

Oct 2008
actually I liked it! (even though I don't have time marathoning 4 seasons of Nanoha)
4/5.

Oct 6, 2016 4:20 PM

Nov 2015
Decent start but not really a fan of the eyes design

Oct 6, 2016 8:32 PM

Feb 2015
"Reventon" that is a badass name imo.
i watching this because of the action and it was pretty good and entertaining to see even tho i looks generic xD but to be honest, this epsiode was pretty fun to watch. not the lolis tho xD i mean the action. i kinda like when girls doing a material arts (not loli doing material arts xD)

reventon's backstory was pretty interesting too xD
well, i hope they can keep it like this until the end xD
Oct 8, 2016 8:44 PM

Oct 2014
I have mixed feelings. When I saw the poster, I could tell that this was a Nanoha sequel from a couple of the characters, but Nanoha is neither in the show nor the title. I'm also a bit confused about when this is supposed to take place. I thought Vivio and her friends were about the same age as Einhardt, all training together under Nove. Now it seems like Einhardt is in the position of teaching, even though she's clearly already everyone and should have been at an equivalent level. Of course, Nanoha Vivid didn't go so well, and it ended on a very halfhearted note. I have no idea who (Reventon?) is but I'm getting a Fate/Nanoha vibe from her and Fuka. I'd like to see what's going to happen in this series and if it will connect to the overall Nanoha story.

Finally, it was sort of weird to have the opening at the very end of the episode, then the single scene of Rinne, and then the ending right after. If they had the OP ready for the first episode, why couldn't they put it at the beginning?

If there's one thing that this season has, it's some good main themes. Between this, Bloodivores, and Magical Girl Raising Project (Ikusei Keikaku), I've really enjoyed the OP/EDs. I was a bit disappointed that neither theme was by Nana Mizuki, and her name hasn't shown up in the credits.

Oh yeah! They copied a joke used in the second season which I got a good chuckle out of. Reventon, when looking for Einheardt at he gym, said (paraphrased in English) "I'm looking for Ein-nantoka(something or other) which was how Vita addressed Nanoha in one of their meetings in Nanoha a's because she couldn't remember her name.
plutodiplomatOct 8, 2016 8:51 PM
Oct 9, 2016 8:02 AM

Dec 2009
uran10 said:
I watched nanoha to see people get hit by and obliterated by starlight breaker.

Same feelings here. But I have nothing against the shift from the "kamehameha magical girl" to the "hamehameha boxing girl". I just fell bad for never be able to see some secondary character (and even primary) development. I miss more screen about the Wolkenritter* and the TSAB and fell bad for so much wasted potential.

*name obvious copied from a google search xD
Oct 23, 2016 6:26 AM

Jul 2009
SirMaddy said:
I liked Nanoha when it was about Nanoha.

Same here, this franchise went to another world it seems, where's the magic? Where is my Fate? Now it's about boxing...why they don't make an damn anime about Fate x Nanoha high school days? It would be better than this...
Oct 25, 2016 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
didn't even know this was airing till i heard about it from someone today i can see why it isn't getting to much traction looks like a another dog days rip from the cover.

found it quite enjoyable can this even be considered sports? since it's pretty much MMA but with magic, anyways those hits were brutal not so much graphic but they were Ippo level of impacts like shit they are really going in on each other.

not to keen on the art and actual fighting uniforms looks to fantasy
Oct 27, 2016 12:41 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I finally managed to watch this and well... I am a Nanoha fan but have mixed feelings. It seems they created two main characters who look similar to Nanoha and Fate, so they can replace them. Which, back in the Vivid manga, Vivio and Einhard are taking the Nanoha/Fate role.

This is obviously a sequel to Vivid but it can be confusing since Vivid is still publishing. And if they make more series of it, I doubt it will lead to Force but something original. Which it can conflict the whole timeline, let us not forget the third upcoming Nanoha movie. I wonder how everything can tie to.
Aug 18, 2017 4:59 AM

Jun 2017
Fuuka is lovable as a tomboy type - but what I like most is how Einhart and Nove basically trick her into becoming a martial artist despite her protesting it. Struck me as cute.

I know she changed her mind when she started to get her ass beat in training against "the shorties" - this episode is cute and it's definitely quite nanoha-ish - despite not having many of the trademarks of the Nanoha franchise.

Taken on it's own, it's a good anime. Most people go into this expecting Nanoha - and I suspect that's why the ratings are as low as they are. As a separate anime it does quite well for itself.

Homura_ said:
I finally managed to watch this and well... I am a Nanoha fan but have mixed feelings. It seems they created two main characters who look similar to Nanoha and Fate, so they can replace them. Which, back in the Vivid manga, Vivio and Einhard are taking the Nanoha/Fate role.

This is obviously a sequel to Vivid but it can be confusing since Vivid is still publishing. And if they make more series of it, I doubt it will lead to Force but something original. Which it can conflict the whole timeline, let us not forget the third upcoming Nanoha movie. I wonder how everything can tie to.

I don't think that will happen because the 3rd Nanoha movie will take place before this age - before StrikerS if I'm not mistaken. I have not seen it yet because it hasn't been subbed, but I wouldn't worry about a storyline conflict.

No replacements either - my only complaint thus far, is that the tournament type does not revolve around magic in this - but martial arts instead. I realize martial arts are kinda Vivio's and Einhart's forte more than anyone else - but ... well, it's not off to a bad start, really, and the two heroine's ARE fairly lovable.
Aug 20, 2017 9:35 AM

May 2012
Pretty solid start of this series I must say! It does totally have a different atmosphere than the main series, and that might be good to be honest as it is a side story after all! Either way quite liked it!
Oct 24, 2017 7:00 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
So basically a loooong OVA /side-story of Vivid. Mean by that usually side stories are in few episode ova format rather than full series.

Anyhow.. Hajime No Nanoha, seems okay, similar feel to Vivid, hope it will be a bit more serious and less of a game/sport than Vivid..
Jun 24, 2020 7:30 AM

Dec 2018
Cute girls that fights. I want my lesbians to kiss each other and not fight =P But the first episode was kind of cute and have some Yuri vibes ,So giving it a chance

Aug 31, 2020 10:55 AM
Aug 2020
wait where am i able to watch it? I have no idea how people have seen it because when i search for the episodes everywhere i can't find them.
Sep 23, 2021 7:34 AM

Feb 2014
Wow that was a lot of punching lol. I was expecting it to be a little more magical girl-y but it looks like there were some transformation scenes in the OP so we might see more of those later on

I watched Vivid a long time ago but as far as I remember the season ended mid tournament so I guess Einhard won the tournament lmao

I forgot how cute Einhard's tiger kitten is awwww!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2022 12:53 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. They are really well informed about Fuuka.. Just what kind of connections they have, lol?.. And why they made such searches about Fuuka's past life?.. Well, answer can be to just know better of person they plan to hire and whatever.. But they really knew a lot of stuff.. Very strange..
Drama start was interesting.. But also I have not too much interest in martial arts, boxing, or whatever they're doing in the ring.. So depends, what this show will focus more on..
Apr 15, 2022 4:52 AM

Feb 2020
Cute characters. :3

Pretty interesting start. I liked the fight scenes.

SerafosFeb 20, 12:35 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

115 by cristinacke28 »»
Apr 21, 4:26 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

37 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.