Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Oct 2, 2016 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
I can't tell whether I'm very happy to see everyone again, or I'm so pissed off that they're still alive for some bullshit reason, including Kirigiri! -_-

Anyway it was a good ending for the series, I wonder if V3 is gonna have anything to do with it or is gonna have its own separate story.
Oct 2, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
Dreams_of_Neko said:
MonoReaper said:
@Dreams_of_Neko

Well some of the Spin-offs are really bad. Like for example DanganRonpa Togami (Novel) is about Toagami in the mist of the world going downhill and the RoDs are still in despair.
And the overall plot is about him and the "cause" for the world to fall in Despair.
"aka" the Despair Book that here again^^.
"Brainwashes" people if they read it into despair. So yeah.
Than we have DR Kirigiri is about her becoming the Ultimate Detektiv along a other character and a oragnisation that played no major role for DR overall.
Than we have DanganRonpa2 Spin-off Chiaki.
DanganRonpa Zero ofcs.
DanganRonpa2 Nagito.
KillerKiller

Some of them really do a good job giving us more fleshed out characters +worldbuilding others are just crazy and pure madness.

@hp4ver
Someone on Tumblr found out that in the backround of the Trailes and some pictures from Famitsu there are Kirigiri and Asahina in the backround. So there is that and with Naegi reopening the school we have most likely the big setup for V3.

Allow me to disagree. I´m not talking about their stories in general, but the details they give. For example, some Ultimates abilities are described in those (like Kirigir´s and Hagakure´s, even Naegi´s). There are also some hints, like in DRZero that implies that a bigger problem was happening under the Kibougamine School, something that doesn´t necessarily need to be related to the hope/despair theme. I would go more into it, but then I would fall into theorizing.

Those stories, doesn´t matter who wrote them, as long as they were guided by Kodaka, give important information about something we might probably don´t know yet. (also, expanding the DR universe would bring them more income...).

Sorry to butt-in the answer you gave to the other person, but I thought that school of V3 was directly related to this story? I saw daisies inside in one of the trailers, and this series had daisies all over it (exaggerating, I know).

EDIT: Ah, forgot to add. I wouldn't dismiss the stories of the spin offs. Rereading them will give you the reason of why.

I am not sure about the first part of your answere. If i undertood it right you want to know how much the Spin-offs will expand the overall world of DR?
I am sorry i dont really unterstand what exactly you disagreed with and what you did want to know than.

Here i am also not sure why you were adding the name of a flower to your sentence? My grammar is not the best so i can easily misunderstand something but what exactly did you want to say?
Oct 2, 2016 2:05 PM

Sep 2016
Not a bad ending. Cliche, but expected due to the title. And they all deserved such an ending, anyway. I give this a 7.
Oct 2, 2016 3:08 PM

Nov 2013
Perfect episode, it definitely filled me with hope.
Tanaka is alive!! Ibuki is alive!! Everyone from DR2 is alive!!
People are calling it fan service, but considering how sad and empty I felt with the deaths in DR2, specially Ibuki and Tanaka, to the point that I thought "what is the point of keep playing this? Even if the remaining characters survive, it's a bad ending anyway", it is impossible not to feel happy seeing that everyone is alive and that everything had a meaning leading to a happy ending.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Oct 2, 2016 10:49 PM

Jan 2015
MonoReaper said:
Dreams_of_Neko said:

Allow me to disagree. I´m not talking about their stories in general, but the details they give. For example, some Ultimates abilities are described in those (like Kirigir´s and Hagakure´s, even Naegi´s). There are also some hints, like in DRZero that implies that a bigger problem was happening under the Kibougamine School, something that doesn´t necessarily need to be related to the hope/despair theme. I would go more into it, but then I would fall into theorizing.

Those stories, doesn´t matter who wrote them, as long as they were guided by Kodaka, give important information about something we might probably don´t know yet. (also, expanding the DR universe would bring them more income...).

Sorry to butt-in the answer you gave to the other person, but I thought that school of V3 was directly related to this story? I saw daisies inside in one of the trailers, and this series had daisies all over it (exaggerating, I know).

EDIT: Ah, forgot to add. I wouldn't dismiss the stories of the spin offs. Rereading them will give you the reason of why.

I am not sure about the first part of your answere. If i undertood it right you want to know how much the Spin-offs will expand the overall world of DR?
I am sorry i dont really unterstand what exactly you disagreed with and what you did want to know than.

Here i am also not sure why you were adding the name of a flower to your sentence? My grammar is not the best so i can easily misunderstand something but what exactly did you want to say?

Trying to make it short, all the stories connect between them, making it a big puzzle. Yes, even DR Kirigiri. Doesn´t matter who writes it, as long as Kodaka is involved, all of them explain some part of the misteries. So I suggest reading them again to understand all the details.

About the daisies. Yes, I meant the flowers. Zetsubou and Mirai had them, and even in the ending of Kibou, you see a garden full of daisies in front of the new school. According to the Japanese, Daisies mean "Faith". Those flowers appear inside the school of V3, so I´m assuming the new story is connected to the other Dangans as well.
Oct 3, 2016 2:05 AM
Apr 2016
Kind of weird for anyone to expect anything other than a cheesy and cliched happy ending, what with the title of the OVA, this being the ending of it all, and how much they went through. They definitely do deserve this sort of thing to me. And even though it's cheesy and cliched, it's practically the only very cheesy and cliched thing in the entire series imo, and you don't get too many happy endings these days, especially when it comes to tragic, psychological, drama, or horror based entertainment like this.
Oct 3, 2016 10:37 AM

Jun 2011
THERE MUST BE A SEQUEL! I WANT MORE OF 77TH CLASS, they really made this episode for me. Even though I didn't like the Despair series, and didn't really find the class all that interesting, they were really cool in this episode, the "good sides trying to be the devil advocates for the better of other people" kind of thing, and Hinata joining them made it even better, not the "i am so bored of everything because i got this super high school power" version of Hinata. Komaeda is as fun/weird as always, I've always wanted a scene where he meets with Naegi, and I got it!! I believe Komaeda's luck is superior to Naegi's though.

Does the second game cover the 77th class? I wish it will get animated if it's the case, want to see more from Komaeda's super luck hijinks.

Episode was fun but it didn't really explain much. Oh but it did clear up something for me though, for me who have never played the game., that the 77th class is not really on the bad side. I had always thought that they were this gang of really despaired students, deeply affected by Junko's philosophy and all that, and got confused after I finished Despair arc because the ending of that series didn't address how they became 'evil'.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 3, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
THERE MUST BE A SEQUEL! I WANT MORE OF 77TH CLASS, they really made this episode for me. Even though I didn't like the Despair series, and didn't really find the class all that interesting, they were really cool in this episode, the "good sides trying to be the devil advocates for the better of other people" kind of thing, and Hinata joining them made it even better, not the "i am so bored of everything because i got this super high school power" version of Hinata. Komaeda is as fun/weird as always, I've always wanted a scene where he meets with Naegi, and I got it!! I believe Komaeda's luck is superior to Naegi's though.

Does the second game cover the 77th class? I wish it will get animated if it's the case, want to see more from Komaeda's super luck hijinks.

Episode was fun but it didn't really explain much. Oh but it did clear up something for me though, for me who have never played the game., that the 77th class is not really on the bad side. I had always thought that they were this gang of really despaired students, deeply affected by Junko's philosophy and all that, and got confused after I finished Despair arc because the ending of that series didn't address how they became 'evil'.

You never played the games? You must! You're missing out! Very fun, although the Hangman's Gambit (a type of minigame you have to do at times in class trials) can be rather annoying to me.
Oct 3, 2016 12:09 PM

Jun 2011
AmyTwo said:
You never played the games? You must! You're missing out! Very fun, although the Hangman's Gambit (a type of minigame you have to do at times in class trials) can be rather annoying to me.
Ikr! Even though I am aware of that, I am just not a fan of VN. Gave FSN VN a try a year or two ago, gave up pretty early in the game lol. I am the type of person that prefer to kick back and enjoy watching the scenarios play out. This is why I am wishing really hard that DR2 would get adapted into an anime!

May give DR2 a try if it's announced that DR2 won't ever get adapted to an anime, don't wanna miss out on it without giving it a chance.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 3, 2016 1:34 PM
Jun 2016
TragicRomance said:
4Dissinity said:

Completely agreed. I'm not the type of person who has a better view towards a character I never cared for or even liked just because of the way they died, but this anime still successfully made me feel sorry for them, as the deaths and certain situations they are in are still tragic or unfortunate.

Mhmm. Also, Izayoi and Ruruka are the most tragic couple imo. Izayoi continuing to love her despite dying by her hand, and Ruruka wanting to trust him but ending up choosing her own life over him. I really liked that despair-ish feeling the two of them gave. I still kinda like this couple despite it involving a betrayal and trust issues. I feel like if Ruruka gets a 2nd chance in the afterlife, she MIGHT be able to treasure their relationship this time.

Completely agreed. She got so scared of what could possibly happen, even if Izayoi isn't that type of person at all, but her stance is also understandable, like @AmyTwo said when given in such a situation. Both of their deaths hit me pretty hard, particularly Ruruka's, tbh.
Oct 3, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
AmyTwo said:
Ikr! Even though I am aware of that, I am just not a fan of VN. Gave FSN VN a try a year or two ago, gave up pretty early in the game lol. I am the type of person that prefer to kick back and enjoy watching the scenarios play out. This is why I am wishing really hard that DR2 would get adapted into an anime!

May give DR2 a try if it's announced that DR2 won't ever get adapted to an anime, don't wanna miss out on it without giving it a chance.

I highly doubt it will ever become an anime, what with them doing DR3 anime after doing the anime version of the first one and all.

I think it's worth to look at a playthrough of it on Youtube, at least.
Oct 4, 2016 5:09 AM

Jun 2013
How smart is Kirigiri to take that antagonist potion to neutralize the effects of the potion?
臭い-
Oct 4, 2016 7:32 AM

Mar 2015
MonoReaper said:

1: My point doesnt change. What Naegi did in DR2 and DR3 are two different things. In 2 he took the RoD put them into the NWP and with this he saved them (basiclly) In DR3 Future Arc. He survided the killing game and in the Hope Arc he does what he always did trusting in the good sides of the 77th(people) and let the 77th class talk Mitarai out of his "despair" (the entire time he ran away from the reality that he "helped" Junko creating the Despair Video and causing so much dead and suffering in the world and to his classmates.)
Naegi did nothing. Because there was nothing to do for him. And as the first & main Protagonist of this series it was just bad. Bad for one of the biggest and important characters to do nothing other than watching how things work out.
Naegi did nothing because he had nothing to do this is the biggest flaw you can create for a MC of your series.

That's your problem, you're separating things when what happened in DR3 i merely a build up of what started with DR3

I mean really, Naegi himself says he didn't do much to stop Mitarai but then Togami disagrees with him and says that what happened was only possible with his hope, likewise with Munakata's redemption

So I honestly don't see your point here when the episode is trying to tell us something different

2:I know Kodaka is the Ultimate Troll xD. But at this point i belived him.
I was so hyped the final showdown will happen and everyone can shine in this last story arc around Hopes Peak. But it wasnt that. There was no real battle in terms of Hope vs. Despair. As you said it is Hope vs. Hope. And i see this as the biggest flaw of this plot.

Hope vs Despair was overdone, it was the theme of DR1 and DR2, it was about time something new happened for the HPA arc

Hope itself is a fragile thing and the line between Hope & Despair is so small you can easily step into the wrong side. Its not like i dont understand the concept behind this. If i didnt read this interview at that time i woulndt even be so sad about this because without it i had no reason to complain about it and could just enjoy it.

Then you're complaining about the series because you let yourself be rused? I'm sorry but this is kinda stupid

3: Maybe they will show us more about the FF leader in KillerKiller because we saw Juzo & Munakata showing up there. So i am somewhat hyped we will see more of Miaya maybe.....pls i want to know more about her. Q_Q

Killer Killer definitelly gives info on how the FF works like so maybe it's possible

4:From what i know is that Zero, DR Kirigiri, Naegis unluckiest day, DR2 Nagito, DR2 Chiaki, UltraDespair Hagakure & Killer Killer are canon.
I know the IF story ofc. It was a great what if scenario also Mukuro <3.

Only Zero, DR Kirigiri, Naegi's small novel, U.D Hagakure and Killer Killer are canon

The rest are all official, relevant works but they aren't part of the main timeline

5: Yes but he also didnt knew that Hajime was still insinde him and this was also a unexpected event/outcome for him. And yes that he was watching the events of DR2 out of curiosity who would win. I guess the biggest hint to all that was UDG ending where he got really angry at AI Junko. (Also....there is still the AI Junko from DR1 out and free.)

I'm just saying, Kamukura's intention wasn't to regain his Hajime self

6/7: I dont see why you bring up Despair Arc. It was a big big big big bonus to the overall content/ story revelations of DR0. As it told us in the first half the story of Chisa and the 77th class and in the grandios B-Time Junkos plot and deeds in Hopes Peak.

Because the Despair arc is part of DR3 as well

What i say is that Junko is indirect the culprit behind the chain of events in Future Arc but it still doesnt change the fact that there is no real villian no real big enemy to fight. Because you cant fight the dead...well you can but that would be fucked up as well.
R.I.G Junko.

And there doesn't needs to be a huge enemy to fight against, as you said, Junko's the major one but she is already dead, bringing her back for a 4th time would be repetitive and uncreative

At least they tried something new, sure, the execution could've been better but I digress

8:Well i Junko was never "sane" to begin with. And here Despair mindset was anything but not normal.
Tengans reasons was a fucked up way to go about it and i still think about his intentions. Still Grandpa was evil all along plot because he wants to purge the FF is just the same extreme as the UDs wanting everyone to suffer and torment in Despair for Despairs sake.
His "Hope" was not better than Despair. Because both caused dead and pain for the people around them.

Actually no, Tengan's hope would cause peace on the Earth due to the major brainwashing involved, all the Earth was going to lose was a few of branch heads from the FF, an organization that was already becoming rotten and corrupted

Sure, his hope was "extreme" in a way but I doubt he saw any other way out for the situation he found himself in

The whole problem with Tengan's hope is that pure hope is as bad as pure despair, all of humanity would be consequentially turned into dolls who could never feel anything bad

I dont expect them to survive what i expected was more from them. I can hardly feel anything for characters i just met and then getting killed off like it was nothing. I have no connection to Miaya whatsoever.

Miaya was always meant to be a red herring so yeah, you're not supposed to have a connection with her

And I rise you to the death of characters like Seiko, Kizakura and Juzo, the fandom in general certainly felt something when they died

And the list goes oon with the FF leaders. The only ones who managed to make me feel for them were Juzo/Seiko/Munakata/Mitarai(but Mitaria doesnt count because was the missing 77th classmate we never got to now but was always teased)
Thats it. FFs leaders were just dead meat.

You just gave examples of leaders that managed to make you feel and then you go and say they were all just dead meat? TYou're contradicting yourself

Anyway, there were a ton of others, like Chisa (who we got to know in the despair arc and had a really tragic character arc), Kizakura, Gozu (who was a legitimate bro), Izayoi's sacrifice genuinely made some people actually like him, Ruruka's character fulfilled their function to make people dislike and/or pity Ruruka, etc

(for the Asahina arugment) That is exactly that. We care more about Asahina because the Fans and ther overall Fandom of DR knows her for years. Ofcs you choose a character over someone you only saw for a few episodes and than he died.

And? What's the problem? You expected the whole series to talk about Gozu or something?

9; What i compare is the amount of insanity and the level of Ultimate bullshit has a limit. And my limit is "cureing" braindead people. I can overlook many things. But this was too much.
I want Ultimate Luck as well Q_Q

They were never "brain dead" with no chance of coming back. Kyoko says as much in the epilogue of SDR2 that they have a chance of coming back but it'd take a miracle, Naegi pratically confirms that this happening when he says a miracle would be natural for people like them

Again i think we talk about different things here. I already mentioned that they let the ending of DR2 open for us the players to think about the ending and interpret the chance for them to come back for ourselves. I never questioned that they woulnd come back. But HOW they can come back. Nagito was clear why because of his Luck. But the rest was unclear. It was not clear.

Did you watched the episode? Izuru helped them

Nagito's OVA is probably going to talk about that

There was a chance but it was clear that the DR2 killing game hat consequenses.
They way they handled their comeback was not good. I love that they come back but how it was presented to us was just bad storytelling.
I have played all the games so far just so you know^^.

The game had consequences, after all they're all cured of despair because they were put in the NWP

What Hajime said about the balance is one thing. But what they did is exaclty that. For the Hope of the world. For the Hope that the FF can regain strength and not crumble. For Hope they played again the bad guys with the RoD video.
For the sake of humanitys Hope they stopped Mitarai ans saved him.
For the sake of Hope they saved Naegi and his friends.
They did choose one of the sides= it was Hope as the Episodes say. Kibo-hen/HopeSide.

Yet they're carrying the burden of being despair and Naegi acknoeledged by the end of episode that a healthy dose of despair is necessary in people's lifes

You're just saying a lot of things that they did and saying they did it for "hope" when the main reason they did all of that was for atonement

When will the OVA come out for us? And will Funimation the OVA?

January with V3

Probably no

10: (I see what you did there :D) Counterargument!

Image is broken m8
Oct 4, 2016 10:56 AM
Jun 2016
AlliedWishes said:
ToG25thBaam said:

I highly doubt it will ever become an anime, what with them doing DR3 anime after doing the anime version of the first one and all.

I think it's worth to look at a playthrough of it on Youtube, at least.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of VNs either, but DR's characters and story was good and interesting enough for me to not let the type of game steer me away from at least trying them, and I'm glad I did. Though if you don't like VNs that much, then yeah, just look at a longplay on Youtube or something, then.
Oct 4, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2013
that was a good finale and of course Kirigiri is alive
Oct 5, 2016 1:09 AM

Sep 2008
late to the party but all i learned from this DR3 experience is that after three years, my theories didn't really mean shit other than to fuel my own pure enjoyment. I'm actually okay with this now and this ending wasn't too bad. The only thing is that i wish they could have incorporated more DR Zero stuff. Looking back at it, the brainwashing, wiping memories, and comas was never a random occurrence.

I was super happy to see the SDR2 kids alive and awake. I'm happy they all made it through while breaking away from the brainwash. I guess it makes more sense for them to come back clean if it was not actual psychological breakdowns.

I was happy but at the end, I always still feel so bummed out for DR1 kids. Their mutual killing wasn't pretend and half of them are actually dead and will never come back. It still hurts a lot. Same goes for the future foundation people that i got attached to in this future arc.

This whole time i was thinking SDR2 kids got the first exposure of a manipulative Junko but I think Mitarai and the DR1 kids where the only ones who really experienced that. I mean she really put the 78th class in a despairing situation, without brainwashing, and just pushed them to the edge. When Hinata was talking to Mitarai about living on for those who didn't make it, keeping their memories alive by being alive, it reminded me of the DR1 kids. SDR2 kids got really lucky that Naegi believed in them.

Anyways, i found it funny how everyone forgot about Munakata and he just managed to walk out of that mess silently. SDR2 kids adopting Mitarai gives me piece of mind so that he won't go off brainwashing more people.

The thing that was a true reward out of this whole thing was the fact that we heard why Nanami took the form of the AI. Everyone wanted to see her again so badly??!! I love this. She was so significant in everyone's memories, i find that amazing and empowering. That's the only thing i was extremely touched by. Seiko actually managed to save my life by giving Kirigiri the chance to survive her crazy plan. Then when Hinata and Naegi crossed paths and made eye contact, i exploded. the end.
slayerizedcarolOct 5, 2016 1:26 AM
Oct 6, 2016 4:28 PM

Jan 2013
Is this even Dangangronpa? I thought that a happy end was impossible for this anime xD
I'm glad that it ended well, this anime deserved it.
I didn't expect to see the 77th class helping them, great to see them back with hope!
So what happened to Hinata? O.o No more despair for him?
And Nanami is basically an A.I that was created from the 77'th class memories?
Kirigiri is a genius, i knew that she wouldn't die like this.
Love seeing Naegi and other characters from previous seasons created a new stronger hope and did a great job in linking all the previous seasons.
Never forget Chisa & Nanami, best girls RIP.

Great ending, happy to see everyone's smiling in the end.
9/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 9, 2016 2:55 AM

Jul 2008
Its was predicable that Kirigiri was alive, while she is a good character its bullshit to revive her.
Oct 9, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2011
Ryougi_Shiki_ said:
Its was predicable that Kirigiri was alive, while she is a good character its bullshit to revive her.
its also bullshit to kill her off in an unnecessary sequel when she and the rest of the Dr1 cast were given a proper future, especially in the way they almost did. I hate fake out deaths but honestly killing off kirigiri in this manner is far more harmful to the series than the poorly handled reviving. The whole series is based around movie on from tragedy to a brighter future, so what the fuck kind of message would that be if you take one of the 2 characters that's entire character arc represents this moral then giving her a shitty end, like yeah never give up in the face of tragedy and work towards a hopeful future, but your gonna die fucking anyway in the sequel so why bother.

In addition to that this by extension would shit all over naegi as a character and give him the worst possible ending even more so than killing him. The guy is shown to have traumatic ptsd and surviviors guilt with the one thing keeping him together being kirigiri, so killing her off and just adding her to the already advanced survivors guilt would of been a fate worst than death for this character and an absolutely atrocious way to send him off especially since, again, their stories were concluded in the first game and really had no reason to partake in this series bar fanservice.

They should of just avoided the fake out death altogether and addressed it as a coma since the start like many predicted. But I am fully against the concept of bringing back a survivor just to off them unless in very specific circumstances where its handled extremely well, which in kirigiri's case had she died, it sure as fuck would of been a lame way to see her off.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 11, 2016 9:51 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was great just because that Nagito and Naegi meeting. The scene should be longer tho.
Oct 12, 2016 8:12 AM

Aug 2015
Am I the only one who doesn't understand how dead remnant of despair in the game are still alive?

I swear I've finished "Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair" and currently in progress of reading "If" version of Danganronpa but still, I remeber that that they initiate Shutdown for the program which allow them to neither Graduate of Stay which will lead to survivors to return to their previous personalities but as I said, Survivors and not everyone of them including the dead in the game since as I remember, Junko said that the ones who die in game dies in real life as well.

So am I missing something that I didn't pay attention to in Danganronpa 2 or I should somehow understood from this last episode?

Can someone also explains to me why "Warriors of Hope" are alive? I can believe that all are alive except that smart kid which had his robot exploding on him at the end of fight in addition to that Komaru and Toku couldn't save him from exploision so how is he still alive and where were Warriors of Hope all that time?
IbnBattutaOct 12, 2016 8:17 AM
Oct 12, 2016 6:35 PM

Feb 2013
IbnBattuta said:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand how dead remnant of despair in the game are still alive?

I swear I've finished "Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair" and currently in progress of reading "If" version of Danganronpa but still, I remeber that that they initiate Shutdown for the program which allow them to neither Graduate of Stay which will lead to survivors to return to their previous personalities but as I said, Survivors and not everyone of them including the dead in the game since as I remember, Junko said that the ones who die in game dies in real life as well.

So am I missing something that I didn't pay attention to in Danganronpa 2 or I should somehow understood from this last episode?

Can someone also explains to me why "Warriors of Hope" are alive? I can believe that all are alive except that smart kid which had his robot exploding on him at the end of fight in addition to that Komaru and Toku couldn't save him from exploision so how is he still alive and where were Warriors of Hope all that time?

- They said in DR2 that the ones killed in the game are comatose in real life and CAN wake up.
- They showed that the Warriors of hope were alive at the end of DRAE.
Your memory sucks
Oct 12, 2016 8:47 PM

Jan 2015
Plot twist: Mitarai's smartphone was ultimate waterproof XP.
Oct 14, 2016 1:04 AM

Dec 2014
@MightyM16

Somewhat late but my laptop over the last week died.

I dont see any point to argue this over and over again. You cannot agree with me and i dont agree with your statemants to the overall events of the series.
I have no motivation to explain stuff and stuff again to you because either you dont see what i see or you dont really understand my point or my feelings to the show.
So this will be my last post to this discussion about this topic.
I dont agree with you. My critic stands and points where made.
You can feel free to agree that you disagree but nothing will change my point.
Oct 14, 2016 8:09 PM

Feb 2013
IbnBattuta said:

It was never out right stated that they were dead, just that they were all in a permanent coma that could only be broken by Hajime Kamukura Jesusing them back to life offscreen.
Oct 15, 2016 1:07 PM

Mar 2015
MonoReaper said:
@MightyM16

I dont see any point to argue this over and over again. You cannot agree with me and i dont agree with your statemants to the overall events of the series.
I have no motivation to explain stuff and stuff again to you because either you dont see what i see or you dont really understand my point or my feelings to the show.

It isn't really a matter of opinion here, I mean I'm fine with you having your points and views but you were legitimately wrong about a few things regarding the series and I just called you out on it
Oct 16, 2016 6:45 AM

Dec 2012
HOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIET!
10/10
For a moment I thought Chiaki is still alive :(
Woah Kirigiri is alive!

Oct 16, 2016 5:19 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know about anyone else but I was still hoping that Chiaki was still somehow alive in someway. The show is great and the ending is great but the fact that she dies(twice) and is the only character to not get a happy ending will probably bother me for a bit. Like Kyoko lived, why can't Chiaki? I understand her death was important in multiple ways...but still I wish she would of lived. At least she is an AI I guess...
Major123Oct 16, 2016 5:40 PM
Oct 16, 2016 11:11 PM

Dec 2014
MightyM16 said:
MonoReaper said:
@MightyM16

It isn't really a matter of opinion here, I mean I'm fine with you having your points and views but you were legitimately wrong about a few things regarding the series and I just called you out on it

The thing is the same is my standpoint to your arguments. I called you out that you were "wrong" about some things because i see things different from you.
What you value on the show/storytelling/character & their interactions/voice acting/dialogue/OST/ and the overall plot/twist of the ending.
These are all things we experience different and judge different.
What you say doesnt sound right to me because i see things different and same goes for you.
You say i got some things wrong and this is where the irony lies.
Ofc you can misunderstand fundamental things or aspects.
But nothing of that occurred.
As i said what i saw was potential that was not used or wasted. Entire characters that were just dead meat. One characters that was so useless the main storyline that he even had no voice actor because there was nothing for this character to do.
Ofc with your values of these things you can still say i understood some things wrong. But from my viewpoint its you who got it wrong.
So this goes on and on and on because this is a endless discussion.
Ofc we can go on for discussions sake but we will not move forward or reach any conclusion together as 2 human beings...........or maybe you are a hyperintelectual cat that is secretly living a double live as pet and in the nighttime lives as the one reborn.
Maybe.....
Oct 17, 2016 12:29 PM

Aug 2015
Pride- said:
IbnBattuta said:

- They said in DR2 that the ones killed in the game are comatose in real life and CAN wake up.
- They showed that the Warriors of hope were alive at the end of DRAE.
Your memory sucks
I know that I forget much but I was sure that they died as many Danganronpa 2 fans believed since they said the ones who died in game will die in real life but there was a slight chance that they might wake up from eternal Coma.

About Danganronpa Another: Ultra Despair Girls:
I watched someone playing it for 11h on YouTube and he didn't show the credits after game ended so of course I don't know what happened after game completion so If I know since beginning why do you think I've asked :P
IbnBattutaOct 17, 2016 12:33 PM
Oct 17, 2016 12:36 PM

Aug 2015
gedata said:
IbnBattuta said:

It was never out right stated that they were dead, just that they were all in a permanent coma that could only be broken by Hajime Kamukura Jesusing them back to life offscreen.
Hajime brought them back to life with his Ultimate Zombie Summoner talent?
Satisfying enough as an ending XD
Oct 21, 2016 7:04 AM

Jun 2015
Oh look a happy ending with dead coming back to life, who would have thought this is possible? Generic boring fan pandering

Also tip to writer: please dont kill a waifu/or protag if you will bring them back via some deus ex machina. Worthless waste of time
Oct 21, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2013
IbnBattuta said:
Hajime brought them back to life with his Ultimate Zombie Summoner talent?
Satisfying enough as an ending XD

I think that you don't get that they were alive.
Oct 21, 2016 11:26 AM

May 2009
I'm rarely completely satisfied with series, but Danganronpa can be added to the list. What a rollercoaster ride. Will never regret for playing DR2 instead of just skipping to DR3. This surely is one of my favorite series of all time.

10/10
(for the whole story)

edit: been reading a LOT of comments. would like to say something to people that didn't play the game: Don't watch DR3 after DR1 without playing DR2. Ofcourse you're not going to GET everything, because playing DR2 is actually really important if you want to get the story and it's development. And no: playing DR2 after watching DR3 will not make sense. Just like saying 1, 3, 2 doesn't make sense. It's 1, 2, 3.
ZyukichanOct 21, 2016 11:44 AM
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 27, 2016 7:55 AM

Sep 2013
man, too much despair and hope. all I can say, Danganronpa series were one of my unexpected good anime. I definitely would like try to pick up the game of this series.
Oct 28, 2016 10:02 PM

Apr 2008
Kirigiri in the dub:

"Yeah I don't get this either, pretty sure I died" OMFG FUNIMATION!!!!! xD
Oct 29, 2016 7:13 AM
Aug 2016
Great finale, though there's a lot that I wished had happened, I wish there were interactions between Naegis group and Hinatas and I wish the episode was longer so we could get a lot more of it, but I'm satisfied enough, also that line Kirigiri said in the dub killed me XD

Episode: 8/10

Series: 7.5/10
I have a lot of disappointments with this series honestly, like how VERY little Monokuma is in it and there were no trials, but I still enjoyed it and I'll be looking forward to the next game.
Nov 2, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
MonoReaper said:
MightyM16 said:

The thing is the same is my standpoint to your arguments. I called you out that you were "wrong" about some things because i see things different from you.
What you value on the show/storytelling/character & their interactions/voice acting/dialogue/OST/ and the overall plot/twist of the ending.
What you say doesnt sound right to me because i see things different and same goes for you.
As i said what i saw was potential that was not used or wasted. Entire characters that were just dead meat. One characters that was so useless the main storyline that he even had no voice actor because there was nothing for this character to do.
Ofc with your values of these things you can still say i understood some things wrong. But from my viewpoint its you who got it wrong.
Ofc we can go on for discussions sake but we will not move forward or reach any conclusion together as 2 human beings...........or maybe you are a hyperintelectual cat that is secretly living a double live as pet and in the nighttime lives as the one reborn.
Maybe.....

Once again it's not really about seeing things differently, I called you out because you were being plain wrong

like when you said the SDR2 cast was braindead after SDR2, that was a mistake and I called you out on it.
Nov 2, 2016 7:33 PM
Nov 2015
Didn't like it

1)While it's true that brainwash has flaws, they could have explored more this topic. We are "brainwashed" every day without noticing by social media so what's so terrible about this brainwash than the other? It's not that I defend Mitarai's idea but Hinata's "if we don't feel hurt or sad we won't feel nothing when our friends die" is really not a big deal. It's already happening. We often are deshumanized and transformed as products,replacebles and so on. Man treats it's own kind like that.
2) Too much simple, it didn't take much to convince Mitarai to stop.
3)This the only important role for the despairs, how weak. You could replace them and it really wouldn't make difference.
4)Lastly, the show didn't change my perspective in anyway:
Munakata's hope is a logic of dictators
Mitarai's hope isn't really hope, since whenever there is hope there is despair, this is just plain mind control.
Naegi was the only option from the beggining, there is no doubt that he is the good guy.
Nov 3, 2016 12:53 AM

Dec 2014
MightyM16 said:
MonoReaper said:

Maybe.....

Once again it's not really about seeing things differently, I called you out because you were being plain wrong

like when you said the SDR2 cast was braindead after SDR2, that was a mistake and I called you out on it.

And the exact same way i called you out. Because the characters that died in DR2 (in the NWP) were braindead as explained in the game. After dying in the simulation their brains tought it was "real" so they died. The bodies were still fine just in a sort of coma. As i said like in real life braindead peoples bodies can still live on but they will never wake up.
This is a matter fact stated ingame.
As i several times said. I called you out the same way you called me out.
I said the viewpoint thing because you will not understand. You still believe that i am wrong and i still believe i talk/write to a wall of bricks.
Nov 3, 2016 5:38 AM

Mar 2015
MonoReaper said:
MightyM16 said:

And the exact same way i called you out. Because the characters that died in DR2 (in the NWP) were braindead as explained in the game. After dying in the simulation their brains tought it was "real" so they died. The bodies were still fine just in a sort of coma. As i said like in real life braindead peoples bodies can still live on but they will never wake up.
I said the viewpoint thing because you will not understand. You still believe that i am wrong and i still believe i talk/write to a wall of bricks.

If they were braindead then they would be dead, plain and simple. Just like Junko was wrong about Hajime and the others losing their game memories, she was also wrong about the ones who died in the VR being completely 100% dead, the SDR2 ending should've told you this

In any case since they actually had brain activity, they were still alive and had a chance of being brought back eventually, which is foreshadowed at the end of SDR2 and realized in DR3

Stop trying to save face, you were wrong and that's why I called you out.
Nov 6, 2016 1:23 AM

Dec 2014
MightyM16 said:
MonoReaper said:

If they were braindead then they would be dead, plain and simple. Just like Junko was wrong about Hajime and the others losing their game memories, she was also wrong about the ones who died in the VR being completely 100% dead, the SDR2 ending should've told you this

In any case since they actually had brain activity, they were still alive and had a chance of being brought back eventually, which is foreshadowed at the end of SDR2 and realized in DR3

The discussion with the wall of bricks goes on "sigh"
Google the term braindead patients/braindead comatose people up. Its not the same as "braindead" being dead.
Nothing of this how you stated it was ever certain or 100 %. We dont know if Junko lied or not. You cannot know because Kodaka himself at that point didnt knew he would make this Anime after all DR3 Mirai hen was tought to be a game in the first place with different endings.
"Brain activity" again you need to understand the difference between those cases in medical terms. To understand what i said and what meaing it has for the DR2 characters.
It was not foreshadowed never was. It was always uncertain and open to the player how you interpreted the ending. Because as originaly stated by the writer of the series. He never wanted to make a: !what happens after" to the DR2 characters because of the difficulty for him to make it "good and dont mess with the lore of the games." After all DR3 is less story heavy and more fanservice based than the rest of this series. After all there was much stuff that was rewritten to fit in the story of DR3.

Safe face xD? What face i am a DespairBear.
Unbearable that you think this here has any value other than being polite and trying to be nice to answere you. Because you seem you want to talk about this longer so out of courtesy i respond you.
Nov 6, 2016 12:13 PM

Mar 2015
MonoReaper said:
MightyM16 said:

Google the term braindead patients/braindead comatose people up. Its not the same as "braindead" being dead.
Nothing of this how you stated it was ever certain or 100 %. We dont know if Junko lied or not. You cannot know because Kodaka himself at that point didnt knew he would make this Anime after all DR3 Mirai hen was tought to be a game in the first place with different endings.
"Brain activity" again you need to understand the difference between those cases in medical terms. To understand what i said and what meaing it has for the DR2 characters.
It was not foreshadowed never was. It was always uncertain and open to the player how you interpreted the ending. Because as originaly stated by the writer of the series. He never wanted to make a: !what happens after" to the DR2 characters because of the difficulty for him to make it "good and dont mess with the lore of the games." After all DR3 is less story heavy and more fanservice based than the rest of this series. After all there was much stuff that was rewritten to fit in the story of DR3.

Unbearable that you think this here has any value other than being polite and trying to be nice to answere you. Because you seem you want to talk about this longer so out of courtesy i respond you.

I'm sorry but you are just being misinformed now

Being braindead is not the same thing as being in coma

http://healthcare.findlaw.com/patient-rights/brain-death-vs-persistent-vegetative-state-what-is-the-legal-difference.html

We know that Junko lied because Hajime had his memory from the VR in the end of SDR2, it was the only way he could have chosen to live on as Hajime instead of Izuru

The only one who does not understand medical terms is you

"If the patient is diagnosed as brain dead, he will be declared clinically and legally dead. If the patient is an organ donor, his other organs typically are maintained with a respirator until they can be collected. Where there is doubt about a patient's condition, he or she may be kept on life support pending a second opinion (typically under court order)."

A brain dead patient is a positively dead patient. Since it's remarked at the end of SDR2 that it's cast had a chance of coming back later on, obviously they weren't braindead as you claimed

Of course it was foreshadowed, the word miracles is highlighted multiple times in the epilogue, Makoto remarks that a miracle (bringing the "dead" students back) isn't impossible for those who survived, that should be enough to tell the player that yes, the chance is there which is foreshadowing for what happened in DR3.

I said you were trying to save face (not safe face) because you can't even recognize when you are legitimately mistaken
Nov 9, 2016 6:57 PM

May 2012
To be honest for a disclosure of the whole series I found this last episode quite lacking... the OST also went completely wack in a bad way...

So in general the least favorite episode of the whole third season for me.

All in all however it sure was a fun marathon!
Nov 10, 2016 6:20 AM
Nov 2016
Are they making another after this?
Or does this sound too stupid.
Nov 12, 2016 9:24 PM

Nov 2014
Kirigiri the best character or not
She should be dead

Who cares about some Cure W, srsly?
I think you are forgetting how fast did black guy in afro die after injecting the poison.
Nov 13, 2016 1:54 PM

Mar 2015
Darkuszow said:
Kirigiri the best character or not
She should be dead

Who cares about some Cure W, srsly?
I think you are forgetting how fast did black guy in afro die after injecting the poison.

Kirigiri took the Antagonist medicine before the poison was injected and then Makoto's luck through Mikan saved her.
Nov 16, 2016 6:35 PM

Aug 2013
Kirigiri is alive again!!!!! And Naegi is the new principal! This ending made me so happy, bc everybody is well again.
Loved this ending, and kinda sad that this is probably the end to this series. Love all the characters so much, it'll be sad to let them go... But that's how it goes with all series, I guess...
Nov 18, 2016 9:20 PM

Dec 2014
MightyM16 said:
MonoReaper said:

I'm sorry but you are just being misinformed now

Being braindead is not the same thing as being in coma

http://healthcare.findlaw.com/patient-rights/brain-death-vs-persistent-vegetative-state-what-is-the-legal-difference.html

We know that Junko lied because Hajime had his memory from the VR in the end of SDR2, it was the only way he could have chosen to live on as Hajime instead of Izuru

The only one who does not understand medical terms is you

"If the patient is diagnosed as brain dead, he will be declared clinically and legally dead. If the patient is an organ donor, his other organs typically are maintained with a respirator until they can be collected. Where there is doubt about a patient's condition, he or she may be kept on life support pending a second opinion (typically under court order)."

A brain dead patient is a positively dead patient. Since it's remarked at the end of SDR2 that it's cast had a chance of coming back later on, obviously they weren't braindead as you claimed

Of course it was foreshadowed, the word miracles is highlighted multiple times in the epilogue, Makoto remarks that a miracle (bringing the "dead" students back) isn't impossible for those who survived, that should be enough to tell the player that yes, the chance is there which is foreshadowing for what happened in DR3.

I said you were trying to save face (not safe face) because you can't even recognize when you are legitimately mistaken

With the same quote out of the article you copy pasted you agree exactly what i told you.

What? We know that Hajime/Izuru was in that kind of context special. After all he is Izuru Kamukura the result fo the experiments on his brain. Junko didnt lie. Izuru would remember everything after this no matter what because the changes of his brain dont cease to exist even if he gets out of the NPW. Thats why he said he will not participate in the upcoming events because he will not be the one who exists in this NWP.
Izuru made a gamble. Who would win? Hope vs Despair. Chiaki vs. Junko.
The result with winning is that Hope won and he got his memorys back. Even if Junko won he would still be Izuru because Junko cannot use a body with a active brain.

Again you agree with this quote on what i said.
They are braindead as Junko told us. They DIED in the NeoWorldProgramm. It has no harm on their bodies but their brain because even if it was a virtual dead. Their brains belief this is reality. So they brain ceased functions. We dont know to what kind of context. But if they died than they are dead. The only reason their bodies were incat because their flesh was not damaged in rl + NPW is also their lifeline.

Here is also a quote of a different articel:
Brain death is used as an indicator of legal death in many jurisdictions, but it is defined inconsistently. Various parts of the brain may keep living when others die, and the term "brain death" has been used to refer to various combinations. For example, although a major medical dictionary[8] says that "brain death" is synonymous with "cerebral death" (death of the cerebrum), the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) system defines brain death as including the brainstem. The distinctions can be important because, for example, in someone with a dead cerebrum but a living brainstem, the heartbeat and ventilation can continue unaided, whereas in whole-brain death (which includes brain stem death), only life support equipment would keep those functions going. Patients classified as brain-dead can have their organs surgically removed for organ donation; though not everyone agrees with this practice, preferring to limit organ donation to those individuals who have suffered the death of all of their brain. Some would go even further and would only consider organ donation permissible if both the entire brain and the cardiac and respiratory systems were both non-viable (biological, or full, death; which is what most people think of when the word death is mentioned). However, if one limits the criteria to those individuals, procuring viable organs can become much more difficult, even extremely difficult.

This special scenario made it even possible for Junko to enter and use their bodies. If they had any brain activity than she could not enter them. After all a brain is nothing more than a much more complexer version of a computer. 'The only difference is that until this day we can sitll not recreate it with computers to 100 %. Because the hardware is still not capable enough for it to do the same thigns as human computers/brains.
Because they were in the NWP and they were only living shells she could use them. Saved data is not for nothing called memory.

"sigh" again. They could come back because the same reason as Junko their data/memory was still there. It didnt vanish. It was just impossibel to "wake" the brain up and with is their whole saved being on it.

Again it was not foreshadowed. Because Kodaka never intended to make a what after.
The ending was open to interpretations for everyone. Because their flesh was not harmed. Their body intact and they where still in the stasis of the NPW tech.
Their bodies were fine but they died! As stated in the game. Can you not understand it? I dont assume it is that way. It is stated in the game. Braindead. They died. It was explained they were like coma patients in that regard. In normal matter of fact without the NWP tech they would not just lost their brain they would lose everything. Their bodies would stop living.
Their fate was not certain. Just that Izuru/Hajime would try to save them.

Again if i am mistaken you would deny the facts ingame from the game.
I tell you what is a fact in the games and from Kodaka himself said in the past interviews.
DR3 and DR2 are not the same.
DR3 was made for the fans. Because DR3 was first intented to be a new game with different routes. But Kodaka didnt want to do the same gameplay again and V3 was also still ongoing. So he decided that he and his team would focus only on V3 for new gameplay and the new characters/setup and let Leche handle DR3 with a anime.
So that he wouldnt split his team.
He gave them directions but the rest was made from the anime-team Director/scenario writers etc.
I say it again. Kodaka stated DR2 characters were never meant to be to have a "what happens after" their story ended in 2.
Everything from the DR3 is nothing more than fanservice for the fans of the games. Is it cannon? Yes. Does it make any difference ot the facts stated by the creator himself +ingame event of said games? No.

As i said in several posts. The DR games and this Anime are meant to be spereate entities. They are linked but you need to understand that DR3 Anime was never intented to end in the way it ended. It was never tought as a Anime but as a game. But with this Anime version you cannot tell the whole story. You have limited amount of time/money to tell the story you want to tell. You cannot bring every character his moment of glory. You cannot do everything you want to and thats why the Anime ended in this hollow way.

You dont seem to understand this but i will tell you this again.
This is not about who is right and who is wrong.
This is about facts from the game & statements from the creator himself.
You can deny it if you want but it doesnt make it less true

PS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNmXq85Tm2Q
MonoReaperNov 18, 2016 9:27 PM
Nov 20, 2016 4:43 AM
Jun 2015
Promesteins said:
The whole 77th class is alive? Kirigiri is alive? HAHAHAHAHA

This is a joke, right?

If you played DanganRonpa 2, they say in the game that the 77th class isn't dead, just kinda walking husks. I'm pretty sure they also mentioned that there was a very slim chance (but still a chance) of them regaining personalities like actual humans again, so them being alive isn't impossible. The Kirigiri thing is bullshit tho but part of me just wants to give it a pass because I didn't want her to be dead anyway :p
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» About Kirigiri (spoilers from Hope ep)

Dragon - Sep 29, 2016

30 by Apratim »»
Apr 11, 2022 10:20 AM

» Unrelated, but what the heck is the watch orders for these?

IssyBoy - Feb 20, 2022

9 by BanzaiAlex »»
Feb 20, 2022 11:22 PM

» Why do none of the characters care about Mitarai's hope brainwashing attempt getting people killed?

Chikipichi - May 27, 2020

1 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2020 8:49 PM

» Who are your Favorite Characters? ( 1 2 )

TehSnawn - Sep 30, 2016

53 by Mewra »»
Jan 28, 2020 4:52 PM

» Chronological order of Danganronpa franchise

SuiNoByakko - Jan 7, 2018

4 by miyumi »»
Mar 24, 2018 10:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.