Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2016 3:10 PM

Aug 2014
Ang004_Kaga said:
2nd season ? why they make this so rushed ? they can make it with better pace if they've plan two cour #confused
Likely didn't have the budget to make it a 2 cour while having enough for the true routes and the 2nd season is adaptations of the "true routes" - which is the real ending of the story.

Anyway Ima give this adaptation a 5/10, because despite one of the worst things I have seen in the past years with lots of cringe and badly placed moments, jokes and whatnot, it was still kinda enjoyable. Here is to hoping they dont mess up the true routes...
Sep 24, 2016 3:54 PM

Jun 2009
Oiacz said:
PerlaNemesis said:

Was that big, err... dinosaur? monster? or whatever, Sakuya? Chihaya called it Sakuya, right? And then in the final moments they are together. I was kind of hoping to get some sort of explanation about these two.

They won't explain these things in Moon and Terra, so I'll write in spoiler.

Thanks for explanation! A lot of things make sense now.
Sep 24, 2016 3:55 PM

Sep 2014
I wish that i could give it a 11!
Why did you ask?
Because eleven is louder than ten!!
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Sep 24, 2016 3:59 PM

Aug 2015
I don't know what their intentions were for this ending. Are we supposed to think it's bittersweet? I'm just left utterly confused from everything.
Sep 24, 2016 4:00 PM

Jan 2014
>"I wish I had more time"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Moon and Terra confirmed.

Fuck you, 8-bit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2016 4:23 PM

Dec 2015
Can't say I enjoy this episode. The ending was too rushed and we got an everyone dies ending with a booby grab. Hope that the second season will be better, but for now I will stick to the VN.
Sep 24, 2016 4:43 PM
Jun 2010
10/10, Japan has succeeded in making the most beautiful genocide ever.
Sep 24, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2011
_Kairu_ said:
I don't know what their intentions were for this ending. Are we supposed to think it's bittersweet? I'm just left utterly confused from everything.

No, first we need to see the world receiving a bad end so we can move to Moon route, to see Kagari Moon trying to find a way to save the world, then move to Terra route to see the result of Kagari Moon's research, and lastly the world receiving a good end.
Sep 24, 2016 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
Valentine777 said:
I wish that i could give it a 11!
Why did you ask?
Because eleven is louder than ten!!

Now you're just embarassing yourself.
Sep 24, 2016 4:55 PM

Apr 2015
ilok said:
10/10, Japan has succeeded in making the most beautiful genocide ever.

Another one of those.
Sep 24, 2016 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone was ending up disappearing from the world.
Sep 24, 2016 5:32 PM

Jul 2014
I haven't even read the VN and I'm planning on it.
This series had me on a feel train, from confusion and shock.

Second season hype?
Sep 24, 2016 5:37 PM

Mar 2014
B
VanishingKira said:
Easily the worst anime this season 3/10.

And yet,somehow this shit got a second season announced,probably the most undeserving show this season to get a sequel,ohh well not going to watch S2 anyways.

Now the question on my mind though is,if they were going to have a second season then why the fuck did they rushed through this first season?

Buddy what about Taboo Tattoo or even that borderline ecchi of a anime Masou HxH
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 24, 2016 5:44 PM

Mar 2014
That boob grab moment...the way to ruined a ending like "only in this anime folks" world ending so lets put a cliche move on this one...

so many better animes deserve that season 2 ;(
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 24, 2016 5:57 PM

Mar 2011
Kagari needs to cut a bit down on the Shroom Coffee when making timelines, cause this was the worest shit ever.

Season 2 confirmed and i don't even wanna watch.
Sep 24, 2016 6:00 PM

Jul 2016
I think episode 13 was actually a really good ending to an otherwise mediocre season, which did little but mix and match pieces of the various heroine routes together, while sprinkling in a significantly more talkative Kagari for added humor. However, I'm actually looking forward to the next season, as the Moon and Terra routes (unlike the heroine routes) are linear, and much more suited to an anime adaption. I assume they'll use the first 2 episodes to adapt Moon, then the remaining 9 for Terra.

For those who though this was a bad end:

For those who have no intention of reading the VN, and want to understand what was going on at the end:

Edit: I'm also willing to answer any questions remaining about what was going on with Kotori, Sakuya, Esaka, or any other unanswered questions, but warn that they all contain spoilers for any who want to read the VN later (which I'd suggest, as this adaption didn't really do it justice).
seeker_mocSep 24, 2016 6:12 PM
Sep 24, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2015
I watched it whole and still have no clue what the f*ck happened in the series.

It starts as an average cute highschool romance and it ends like Blood-C.

Sep 24, 2016 6:20 PM

Sep 2015
Felt a bit rushed. Hope S2 is better!
Sep 24, 2016 6:28 PM

Jan 2015
VanishingKira said:
Easily the worst anime this season 3/10.

And yet,somehow this shit got a second season announced,probably the most undeserving show this season to get a sequel,ohh well not going to watch S2 anyways.

Now the question on my mind though is,if they were going to have a second season then why the fuck did they rushed through this first season?

Because 2 cour isn't enough yet.
Do you know how big is Rewrite VN?
Sep 24, 2016 6:41 PM

Sep 2015
Grisaia style. The THING is announced, season 2!!

BTW about this episode, just leave me with (dafuq happened??) like seriously didn't expect this kind of ending but then the branch is shown and it was dead end. AND SEASON 2 ANNOUNCED so the branch with good ending is going to come? Who knows? They did a good job with grisaia so I expect something good this time.
If only this season wasn't rushed af...
Sep 24, 2016 6:58 PM

Jun 2013
Lol this is a mess.

Given the ending they went with, the whole tone of this show was off from the start, not that it ever really established one.

#Evangeliondiditbetter
-Trippwire-Sep 24, 2016 7:12 PM
Sep 24, 2016 7:01 PM

Sep 2009
I honestly feel like the final episode ruined the whole thing for me. I just don't understand what went on here.
Sep 24, 2016 7:11 PM

Jul 2016
Tenkachi said:
I honestly feel like the final episode ruined the whole thing for me. I just don't understand what went on here.

Salvation happened, what Gaia was aiming for.
Sep 24, 2016 7:26 PM

Dec 2013
That final boob grab felt so out of place :/

More explanations in this episode with more questions being created. What a great way to end the season.

As a VN reader the only thing I didn't understand was why Sakuya transformed...

Overall an appropriate ending for this series and I'm looking forward to Terra/Moon.

Despite the amount of problems this series had I still find everyone disappearing sad to watch.
G_Spark233Sep 24, 2016 7:30 PM
Sep 24, 2016 9:18 PM
Jan 2014
Iazrien said:
Short for those that don't understand basically this is one of many routes that happen in the universe towards saving humanity. This route ended in a bad end, in the vn the 5 girl's routes are each different parallel universes with bad ends pretty much all implied to end the same. So make the assumption a season 2 will be bringing all the routes in moon/terra together in a way hopefully towards the goal of saving humanity in the end.

but chihaya route seem like a happy ending though
Sep 24, 2016 10:17 PM

Jul 2014
10/10
Simply fascinating
Probably anime of the year.

The joke is well place with outstanding visual and character expression, the tone jumping fit the lore and character. Mystery itself is intriguing, the foreshadow are cleverly placed and the ending is contrived, simply emotional and beautiful, who would have though grabbing a boob joke out of that scene? no, no one. this timing is simply unique and unrivaled probably the best scene of this episode.

8bit best studio, HYPE FOR SEASON 2
Sep 24, 2016 10:30 PM
Apr 2015
Screw 8bit, they ruined my fav VN :(
Sep 24, 2016 11:04 PM

Apr 2014
Good job Rewrite. 2/10
Sep 24, 2016 11:51 PM

Sep 2014
Every time I posted in the episode threads, I always found myself bringing up how this series had potential and that the main reason it sucked was because it was just 1 cour.

Well, guess what? It turns out it's actually a 2 cour series, yet they still managed to screw things up beyond belief. Why give everyone proper build up and depth when you can rush everything? Why do a solid job with a single anime original route when you can cram in even more content?

This is really disappointing. Rewrite may not be my favorite vn and I would even call it a little hit or miss at times, but it did have some great moments and it's definitely worth reading. It's hard to believe that the same company that produces novels so many people love can make such an atrocious decision.

At the very least, this adaptation gave me a reason to resume reading the vn and finally finish it (a couple of months ago I'd only read 3 routes).
FlamepriesTSep 24, 2016 11:54 PM
Sep 25, 2016 12:18 AM
Oct 2014
That. Was. Shit.

Easily the worst Key anime. Had to be an eco-story too. I love environmentally themed stories. I'm very active in sustainability and environmental justice movements, but... god that was awful.

Season two? Really? Now we gotta go through all that again to watch him save the world? Anime is getting too liberal with the "return by death/time travel/eco-magic" trope.
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Sep 25, 2016 12:37 AM

Dec 2013
Wait, what?!?

So the entire 1st season was meant to be the "bad end" of the series, so that we will be getting a "good end" for a second season?

To be fair, this is a pretty novel way of adapting shows with multiple endings, and not have another "Naisu Boat" situation. Showing a bad end first before teasing you that there actually IS a good end and that we'll get to see it soon enough does make for good marketing.

The only thing I have to say is that the plethora of character backstories makes for a confusing mix of things to keep track of, and I'm not really interested in rewatching this first season just to refresh myself for the second.

I guess because I am intrigued, I'll still watch the second season, but the confusion of everyone's rolls in this show remains.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 25, 2016 12:44 AM

Apr 2011
Kotarou getting a fight scene with Esaka!
AHHHHHH AHHHH AHHHHHHHH AHHHH AHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Kotori leaving after realizing Kotarou loves Kagari!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
Akane maniacally laughing as her chest bounces around!
KAGARI BAKA!!!
Kotarou becoming part treant and then the show ends with Kotarou getting consumed by branches as Kagari watches over him! what a vore-esque ending!
did I forget to mention AHHH AHHHH AHHHHHHHHHH my he-AHHHH this son-AHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHH
...and the entire season was just a possible scenario on the many branches Kagari was viewing

overall studio did sub-optimal okay/good with only 13 episodes to put more focus on Kagari while sticking to the main route. I'm not sure how to feel about depicting Kagari as a savvy naive feecof fanatic.
Sep 25, 2016 12:50 AM

Jan 2011
Pochi_ said:
I will watch the second season anyways, because it's unlikely to adapt badly.

Hahahaha. Based on what do make this assumption?!
Sep 25, 2016 1:49 AM

May 2016
Tbh, I don't understand the anime at all.

Anyone willing to do a TL;Dr summary and what to expect in 2nd season, please? I don't mind with spoilers. Be sure to put spoiler tag though
Sep 25, 2016 1:58 AM

Apr 2011
GokuNazz said:

Anyone willing to do a TL;Dr summary and what to expect in 2nd season, please? I don't mind with spoilers. Be sure to put spoiler tag though

So as we all know, the world has ended. The credit scene reveals that it was one of many possible scenarios that all branched off from one beginning.

I'm a bit fuzzy on this but that is more or less what happens
KomomoSep 25, 2016 2:03 AM
Sep 25, 2016 2:13 AM

May 2016
Komomo said:
GokuNazz said:

So as we all know, the world has ended. The credit scene reveals that it was one of many possible scenarios that all branched off from one beginning.

I'm a bit fuzzy on this but that is more or less what happens

Ohh ok.

Cheers mate!
Sep 25, 2016 2:22 AM

Jul 2012
PerlaNemesis said:
Oiacz said:

They won't explain these things in Moon and Terra, so I'll write in spoiler.

Thanks for explanation! A lot of things make sense now.

Wait, no. That's not Sakuya's true form
よろしく!
Sep 25, 2016 2:48 AM

Sep 2014
They used the same voice actors and the soundtrack of the novel. The action scenes in the novel, for me are boring but here are better appreciated. A good final does not save a story that takes 8 months to finish reading it (breaks between routes). The anime simply does not deliver the same feelings that achieves the original format. Let's see how they do the second season.

Gammie said:
I haven't even read the VN and I'm planning on it. This series had me on a feel train, from confusion and shock.
Second season hype?

The anime just spoiled all the routs but u can still enjoy the endings.
Just avoid Chihaya`s rout. dosent whorth it.

Endings from the novel
Akane > Shizuru > Lucia > Kotori > Chihaya

Fight me >:v
Sep 25, 2016 2:49 AM
Dec 2014
Man 8 bit went from grisai which was fking amazing in my opinion to this? I enjoyed it just felt like that ending was just forced, anyone know if this was an actual arc in the vn? Cus I heard 8bit was writing there own made up route. Which explains the problems with the writing and scripts . It's much harder to try to make something work out on a whim when people spent forever getting these routes and storylines tested so people would enjoy and buy the game yet maybe they decided making a new route would be a better way to introduce people to rewrite than one of the original more popular routes, I don't agree with it but I hope moonand terra routes are well animated can already say that it'll be better and more popular than this since I know rewrite is pretty popular in jp
Sep 25, 2016 3:09 AM

Jun 2013
The song of death is killing everyone and the Guardians are after Kagari, who has the protection of Koutaro. And Koutaro almost dies but the biker loli saves him in the nick of time. The vague flashbacks Koutaro had of being attacked by Kagari and then Kotori coming for her, happened when Kotori became the Druid. She had to go retrieve Kagari but found a Koutaro there with his hand cut off. The reason why Koutaro could go Wolverine was because of Kagari's ribbon being embedded in her. And the two chibi whatevers replace the ribbon with themselves. And the song of death continues after a small break and everyone dies. Kagari becomes a tree and Koutaro becomes a plant and then both of them get engulfed by Kagari's tree. Bad end.

The salvation thing is killing everyone on earth and then starting anew. That's what could be inferred by the very end where Kagari is sitting on some lines which are those time line whatever thingies showing that each time the Salvation happened and things were started again, the same bad end was reached and humanity couldn't progress past a certain point. The next season will be about things starting all over again. And I'm interested to see how the sequel progresses.

This show did have its problems – the visuals were weak, it had a pretty fast pace at times, I couldn't care about Lucia and Shizuru – but it kinda managed to build up an interesting enough world with its mysteries and all. The intriguing world and Koutaro were the reasons why I continued with this because the girls didn't exactly come off as interesting enough and the visuals were hardly captivating. Koutaro was a cool guy. Loved how he teased poor Yoshino and almost every other person out there. Kotori and Akane were interesting among the girls and Kagari was also kinda fun when she was searching for herself. The comedy was pretty strong overall. This was good enough but it could have benefited from more episodes.
Sep 25, 2016 4:00 AM

May 2010
Oh well. I liked it. It was a trainwreck and Akane's characterization was horrible near the end. The destruction needed at least one more episode. All they did was show characters doing stuff. And dying. And wow it's the end. The "feels" scene could be way, way better considering it's a key anime. The "feecoo" scenes for example, it could be as feels-worthy as ReZero's "oni ga kakattemasu ne" but nah. They said it 3 times, and none of it hit rlly hard.

Also I loved Kotori. Wish she had an anime of her own.

Guess I'll watch s2 as well, just hope it's satisfying and directed better. I'm not expecting a lot tho.

The very last was the best. So Kagari has access to all possible timelines.
Sep 25, 2016 4:32 AM
Mar 2012
ep13 had much better tree/destruction animation & art than ep12 terrible derp. Some funny weird imagery going with Kotarou transforming.
Comedy's still their best quality even when world is ending. Also gets +1 for choosing bad end everyone dies, not many shows brave enough to take the risky route.
Overall rushed messy backstories, interesting multiple world lines & showing one end in full, & still liked most characters and their sol/comedy.
Sep 25, 2016 5:34 AM
Sep 2015
I do not understand you all serious answer me!
Kotori in the visual was the road ahead latest most loved in order was
Lucia Akane Shizuru Kotori Chihaya then Moon and Terra
being given that we know more things in the visual donx why in the anime when the past appears to Kotori you said all "omg kotori too sad" and when it's Lucia or Shizuru nobody says anything.
normal it is set as scenes of Kotori its normal route that everyone say "Kotori" it is not even was fucking put a little more about the past of Lucia on her suffering and her experience when she was 3 years old. Or Akane these psycologique problem. and his ? no ! pfff it's unfair we understand your bitch of Kotori's good! it is too kotori put forward at the end of the episodes and forgotten and erased lucia Shizuru akane and Chihaya pfff
go for the second season we will all still banging KotorixKotarouxKagari and many agree that they are all three.
Akane with Chihaya. Lucia and Shizuru these four girls are the best of those bitch Kotori and Kagari.
Shizuru Lucia and the best past and the sad. Chihaya most of accion and the sad past of Sakuya. and Akane and responsibilities and personality that hides his pain.
(Lucia and Shizuru still the best)
Sep 25, 2016 5:51 AM
Sep 2015
seeker_moc said:
I think episode 13 was actually a really good ending to an otherwise mediocre season, which did little but mix and match pieces of the various heroine routes together, while sprinkling in a significantly more talkative Kagari for added humor. However, I'm actually looking forward to the next season, as the Moon and Terra routes (unlike the heroine routes) are linear, and much more suited to an anime adaption. I assume they'll use the first 2 episodes to adapt Moon, then the remaining 9 for Terra.

For those who though this was a bad end:

For those who have no intention of reading the VN, and want to understand what was going on at the end:

Edit: I'm also willing to answer any questions remaining about what was going on with Kotori, Sakuya, Esaka, or any other unanswered questions, but warn that they all contain spoilers for any who want to read the VN later (which I'd suggest, as this adaption didn't really do it justice).

Who cares Kotori one has already known too much about anime stop.
Tell us more example of Lucia and his past?
And Esaka is good because it receuilli Kotarou Kotarou and was left with Guardian also Touka and the other I do not know his first name because Kotarou fled these parents "Marvel Gaia" is his?
esque it is true that in the past we receuilli Esaka Touka and all the girls? Lucia Shizuru Akane Chihaya ect?
Sep 25, 2016 5:59 AM
Sep 2015
Kodokun said:
They used the same voice actors and the soundtrack of the novel. The action scenes in the novel, for me are boring but here are better appreciated. A good final does not save a story that takes 8 months to finish reading it (breaks between routes). The anime simply does not deliver the same feelings that achieves the original format. Let's see how they do the second season.

Gammie said:
I haven't even read the VN and I'm planning on it. This series had me on a feel train, from confusion and shock.
Second season hype?

The anime just spoiled all the routs but u can still enjoy the endings.
Just avoid Chihaya`s rout. dosent whorth it.

Endings from the novel
Akane > Shizuru > Lucia > Kotori > Chihaya

Fight me >:v

That is your opinion?
Well according to the official survey preferred routes of fans is
Lucia> Akane> Shizuru> Kotori> Chihaya> Terra / Moon
in my opinion
Lucia> Shizuru> Akane> Chihaya> Kotori> Moon / Terra
level and popularity of girls
Akane> Shizuru / Lucia> Kotori> Chihaya> Kagari
I think Lucia> Shizuru> Akane> Chihaya>
and I hate Kagari and Kotori
But in the anime it is put forward Kotori tss
Sep 25, 2016 6:09 AM

Dec 2010
This is Steins;Gate all over again heheee

Sep 25, 2016 6:36 AM
Jul 2014
As an anime-only, I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. The characters are interesting somehow, but I still have no clue what the hell is supposed to be going on, storywise.

The saving grace is that after-credits scene that hints that this was a "bad end" playthrough and there'll presumably be a better one coming up next season.

So I'll probably keep watching, and might even check out the VN, but at the moment this seems like a meh/10.
Sep 25, 2016 7:04 AM

Jun 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
Wait, what?!?

So the entire 1st season was meant to be the "bad end" of the series, so that we will be getting a "good end" for a second season?

No-Look_Kuroko said:
That. Was. Shit.

Season two? Really? Now we gotta go through all that again to watch him save the world?

It'll be different now. It won't be with these characters.

The story was made this way. The 5 heroine routes are all "bad endings". You need to see it first to understand how Kagari Moon found the correct answer.
Sep 25, 2016 7:17 AM
Nov 2008
Lol, wtf was that garbage?
All this chaotic plot was pointless.
Sep 25, 2016 7:31 AM

Jan 2015
the visuals kept distracting me from the actual story and I just HATE the way the characters look in the anime so much, words can't describe. I liked the ending but my god it looked so childish because of the visuals, so unrealistic. and the storytelling is this anime's worst part. season 2 doesn't have to be adapted by 8-bit, does it?....
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.