Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, that's creepy...seeing the class all corrupted by despair as they see the world in their new way.

Kinda crazy to see despair spreading like an epidemic and Junko having the fun of her life watching it. I think the episode used its OST pretty well to make it more thrilling. The world looks almost like hell with it on fire. RIP happy memories.
Sep 22, 2016 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
No OP. The two says despair girl has nothing to do with the incident.

The teacher's message brainwashed the students... but somehow different. Explosion and losing memory. That long hair guy left despair girl.

Ah, that teacher with the hat promised the principle (? the teacher?), who is the detective girl's father he would protect her when trouble comes. The school is filled with despair. Despair girl went back to 1st anime season group (Mirai-hen's main guy when he was student). Despair spread by the main class.

Showing the beach and the gamer girl is alive (though sounds more lifeless than the anime series) + Conan's voice's character included
tsubasaloverSep 22, 2016 9:16 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 22, 2016 8:18 AM
Sep 2009
Looks like this one was the final episode, MAL needs to edit it and add Kibou-hen to the database
Sep 22, 2016 8:21 AM
Jan 2016
Nothing special happened except for the last part. Well, I hope that Hope arc will blow me away next week.
Btw I'm glad to see Sayaka get along with Naegi.
Sep 22, 2016 8:24 AM

Feb 2013
I don't see the episode yet but I'll miss you Junko. :(
Sep 22, 2016 8:27 AM

Aug 2016
Honestly, except for the last few seconds, it was kind of a waste of an episode.
Sep 22, 2016 8:32 AM

Jul 2016
wow what an interesting epi.... *snore*
... seriously this whole show felt like a waste of time.
Sep 22, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2013
ravesaki said:
Looks like this one was the final episode, MAL needs to edit it and add Kibou-hen to the database

Yeah, we need a new page for Hope Side and all..
Sep 22, 2016 8:39 AM
Jul 2013
dammit, I still have so many questions and none were answered in the episode.
Sep 22, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2012
FUNANIMATION DELAYED ALL THE THREE LAST EPISODES! D:
Watching the raws then...
Argh Sakakura...Enoshima Junko and innocent on the same phrase is just too wrong XD
Chisa talking to the other despair students, everything going down and those flowers for Chiaki, man, that was so disturbing D:
DESPAIR SCHOOL FOR YOUR DESPAIR TEENAGERS YAY!
So, Izuru didn't really bought Junko's despair.
KIZAKURAAAAA *tips fedora intensively*
Always knew that those Monokuma theathers were eviiiil! XD (I like this because now it seems like Junko was trying to brainwash us too lol)
IT'S RAINING MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! Literally. (Sorry, bad taste joke here)
Dr1 cast ç-ç Kirigiriiiiii ç-ç
Yep, Izuru went to NWP to see what was better: hope or despair.
Chiakiii ç-ç

MY QUESTIONS IS: THEY SKIPPED DR0 THEN, RIGHT? Really weird tho because it seems it all went into a straight line, so a time skip don't really fit @-@

Countdown for Hope side on the website: http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/anime/danganronpa3/
(I'm hyped, Munakata, Naegi and Hinata will finally form the dead waifu club)
taynisSep 22, 2016 9:11 AM

Sep 22, 2016 9:07 AM

Feb 2013
equanternal272 said:
dammit, I still have so many questions and none were answered in the episode.

What questions?.
Sep 22, 2016 9:08 AM
Dec 2011
Should there be a separate myanimelist entry for the hope arc?
Sep 22, 2016 9:09 AM
Dec 2015
Great. The person whose face is never shown in pictures - Junko in DR1 and Chiaki in the picture this episode. Chiaki mirroring Junko and Mukuro's executions. So are they telling us Chiaki is Junko??? Seriously... okay whatever.
Sep 22, 2016 9:11 AM
Jun 2014
Chiaki's death lowered the score of this anime by 0.2 while Sakakura's badassery raised Mirai Hen's score by 0.2. XD

Anyway, this is gonna be delayed again like it has for weeeks now, so just gonna hibernate till tomorrow to watch it.
Sep 22, 2016 9:31 AM

Aug 2010
I really felt so frustrated for Kyousuke like holy shit!!
He was really on the right track until his 2 most trusted friends f'd him over

Fuckin Chisa. I love u and all but What a bitch. All of the cutesy acting and behind all that wanting Munakata to fall into the deepest despair D: Then Juzo...Bro ur cool but goddamn! Just for not being exposed as gay he was watching the world burn LMAO. Punching walls won't do anything...

DAT suicide scene tho. FUCKIN CRINGE!! Raining bodies O_o So Tengan wasn't actually despair? We got no confirmation...

Loved that class 77 scene with Naegi's luck lol. And he really was close to Sayaka it seems ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Izuru's scenes were nice too. So I guess he really was the one who decided to do the SDR2 thing? All because of Chiaki. I mean he wanted to measure Hope vs Despair and which fits him more. That post credit SDR2 scene was so nice. Chiaki T^T <3 And Izuru's monologue...made it seem like he was conscious in Hinata all along throughout the game lol But I doubt it
Sep 22, 2016 9:32 AM

May 2014
Watched the raw and while i enjoyed the episode i truly felt it was rushed. Like, it was trying so hard to put so many events in such a little spawn of time that the feelings those events should have maked me feel just weren't there, i was a lot more moved reading the archives explaining those in the game than actually watching them an it shouldn't be like that. Or so i think.

But i wasn't a bad episode, i just think that it would be better if it was longer or divided in two.

On a happier note i got shivers from the scene after the ending, nostalgia hit like a truck. DanganRonpa 2 was such a good game... It's kind of sad the people who only watched the animes are missing that.
Sep 22, 2016 9:52 AM
Jan 2013
But how and who put Chiaki in NWP remains unknown?
Sep 22, 2016 10:08 AM
Jan 2012
xeco said:

It will probably just end up being a plot hole. Considering it is said that Chihiro made her even though they never met.
Sep 22, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2008
xeco said:

Maybe Izuru did it? Since he's the one who uploaded the Junko virus to the program... Maybe Usami was the only program who Chihiro created back then and Izuru altered the program and added Chiaki to create an opponent for Monokuma (Junko).
Sep 22, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2016
Hmm, so the suicide video already existed at the time and was in Junko's possession. So who retrieved it for Final Killing Game purposes and how, exactly?
Sep 22, 2016 10:22 AM

Feb 2013
AP24 said:
Should there be a separate myanimelist entry for the hope arc?

Yeah, I think so. After all, it's a special episode with a new title.
Sep 22, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2012
It made me so happy to see that small bit of Danganronpa 2 animated at the end. So, I'm guessing that Izuru put both Chiaki and Junko into the Neo World Program to pit hope against despair and see what would win out.
Sep 22, 2016 11:04 AM
May 2016
quukii said:
It made me so happy to see that small bit of Danganronpa 2 animated at the end. So, I'm guessing that Izuru put both Chiaki and Junko into the Neo World Program to pit hope against despair and see what would win out.

Who knows, probably it will be answered druing Side: Hope owo
Sep 22, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 2015
quukii said:

No, Chiaki was already there, he just put Junko
Sep 22, 2016 12:09 PM

Aug 2011
Disappointing ending and episode.

This series was a 9/10 for me until episode 10, but this episode made me lower it to 8/10... and that's being generous.

So many plotholes left, such a rushed episode, so much wasted potential. This series should have had 12 episodes. Making it an 11 episodes show just kinda ruined the ending I think. Is it really necessary to continue the story in a different, new arc?

Well, that pretty much confirms it for me: Kodaka is a great writer but he is terrible at writing endings. Man, this is not looking good for Mirai-Hen ending.

The rest of the series was great: dark, brutal, sad... it was easily a 9/10 for me, but then again, this ending man...

8/10 overall. Still a series no fan of Danganronpa should miss.
Sep 22, 2016 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
MightyM16 said:
quukii said:

Hmm, I feel like he should have had some sort of part in implementing Chiaki into the program since Chiaki seems important to him (He keeps her pin with him), and plus I don't feel like there is anybody else who would want to make a virtual version of Chiaki. After all, she was basically only known by her classmates and Hajime/Izuru.
Sep 22, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like the end was a bit anticlimatic... I mean it was really slow paced and half of the ep was not that interesting.

But I was really happy with this little scene from DR2 after the credits, so Izuru was aware of what happened during the program ? It seems so at least

Overall this show was good, I just wish the end was more spectacular (or at least dynamic). Still don't know what score I'll give to it tho
Sep 22, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2008
Well conclusion weren't all that bad right?
But yeah I can understand it could end much better.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 22, 2016 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
quukii said:
MightyM16 said:

Hmm, I feel like he should have had some sort of part in implementing Chiaki into the program since Chiaki seems important to him (He keeps her pin with him), and plus I don't feel like there is anybody else who would want to make a virtual version of Chiaki. After all, she was basically only known by her classmates and Hajime/Izuru.

Virtual Nanami was made by Chihiro, how could she be only known by her classmates and Hinata? If the two never met that doesn't mean Nanami's existence was completely unknown to Naegi & co or the rest
steponmebakuraSep 22, 2016 1:49 PM
Sep 22, 2016 2:20 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, this episode was one of the best for me.

- The interactions with Junko, Izuru and Mukuro are great as always
- Class 77th as despair was also awesome
- Chisa and the class as despair was great too
- Junko saying that she can kill Mukuro also contribute with the canon that Mukuro already knows that she can be killed by her sister with any moment
- Junko and Makoto in the end was great. So she don't try to kill him because she don't want to change her plans. lol
- Mukuro don't see to care to Makoto at all. Sorry guys, IF is debunked.
- Izuru wants to see if hope or despair will win in the future

Anyway, great episode. I'll miss you Junko, Mukuro and all of you that is already dead. :/
Sep 22, 2016 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah this episode wasnt what i wanted it to be, i was hoping it would explore the mastermind's intentions and set up future arc a bit more,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 22, 2016 3:28 PM

Feb 2012
Well damn all hell broke loose. Again poor Kyousuke, he in real zetsubou now.

My man Naegi got a cameo lol. Overall nice series, looking forward to the wrap up on the Hope side.
Sep 22, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2014
Munakata really is gullible. Can't wait for next week now.
Sep 22, 2016 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
Great ending for the Side:Despair.

I thought it filled the gaps for everything by the end of its run.

The Chihiro logic can easily be explained by a few methods, just because it wasn't shown doesn't make it a plot hole. It was stated that Chihiro did it and I have no reason to doubt it and call it a plot hole just because they never showed it.
They never showed Ryoko's story, are you also gonna call that a plothole? No, of course not.
Methods to explain for example: (2)
- Chiaki met Chihiro at some time, which makes sense considering their talents.
- Izuru told Chihiro who she was and her personality (Which matches considering her personality is different as an AI)
etc.

Anyways, I don't know what I will rate the series yet, I was going to go for a 10 but I decided to rate critically on everything I rate now and gonna change my other ones, but the episode gets a 5/5

Edit: Also, I noticed Chisa's plan was to get Munakata into despair, wonder what's gonna happen in the next 2 episodes knowing this information.
Sep 22, 2016 3:42 PM

May 2016
Out of all the spin-offs, manga, novels and anime I've seen in this series, I'd say this show is the only thing about on par with the games, quality wise.

Which is nice.

Mar 2014
I think if you keep in mind that this isnt the final episode of the series it's okay...

otherwise idk, this felt like a chill episode. Randoms dying in the distance (but that ONE random had an arm, hit that girl's back straight while crazy), the class graduating and having fun. i mean i GUESS certain events should've had more impact but hey.

also, after seeing them for a moment, i wish we kinda got a series focused on the DR1 kids. They're so important to the series now that i think about it. ya got the despair sisters, Naegi, Detective, the others that survived, and Chihiro (who made Alter ego and had some hand in the Junko AI).

im more interested in how Junko got a hold of the AI than what happened w/ the Gamer AI.
AzuStarSep 22, 2016 4:03 PM

Jan 2016
*watch the raw* Aiaiaiaia
So this timeline episode is after the DR0. The 78th class is locking themselves and wtf?! Funny makoto scene :)) Jin kirigiri is going to dead soon ;_;

The school kept trying to solve the problems but they failed. Chisa become spoiled towards munakata than before and it's annoying. And yet munakata didn't realize her despairsh at all. Also juuzo is just too fuckin selfish. Poor Munakata.

Looking forward #HOPESIDE
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Sep 22, 2016 3:43 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
"If some wimp like him could ruin my plan, that would be pretty despairful in its own way", lol Junko jinxed herself XD

But this episode did kinda drag a little, but I still loved it. But that after ED SDR2 moment though, OMG! Too bad they didn't show Komaeda's face, but at least I got to see that awesome hoodie from the back :D

Can't wait for the hope episode!

BTW, that makes Kamukura's meeting with Komaeda not a plot hole, since he ended up losing his memories about Kamukura anyways.

9/10
GoldenDevilGamerSep 22, 2016 4:05 PM
Sep 22, 2016 3:50 PM

Jul 2008
People should probably remember that this isn't the fianl ep of the series, but of one arc. Mirai-hen, Zetsubou-hen and Kibou-hen together make a series so next week will be the final episode of both arcs.

xeco said:
It will probably just end up being a plot hole. Considering it is said that Chihiro made her even though they never met.

This is an AI we are talking about so, in its core, it is a program rather than a person. Chihiro could have just created a barebones AI, with Future Foundation (under Izuru's manipulation probably) reprogramming it so that it would have Chiaki's looks, personality and skills.

MightyM16 said:

Seeing as Chiaki had to be there, he probably used one of his talents to take care that the FF puts her there.
Sep 22, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2010
Nagito is one messed up son of a bitch. Everything about him is absolutely batshit insane. He was already insane, so he just accepted being brainwashed. Only someone like him could recognize they were brainwashed and then just let it be.

As for Chihiro being in the program, if you all remember, the remnants of despair turned themselves in to Naegi n' friends. Izuru didn't exactly have to perform any subterfuge. He could have laid the groundwork for it to happen just by talking to them about it.
Sep 22, 2016 3:58 PM

Nov 2008
Eh, that was okay. It was about as good an ending as this terrible series could get. Despair ended up being a total disappointment. I feel gypped.

Juzo is still best guy.

3/10
Sep 22, 2016 3:58 PM

Dec 2015
Well, for those who complained about the Nagito and Izuru meeting plot hole in episode 8, now we finally get an answer.
Sep 22, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2015
It was good to see a little bit of Danganronpa 2 after the ED.

Well, I enjoyed this despair chapter. It certainly delivered the despair. Can't wait for the hope chapter.

9/10.

Sep 22, 2016 4:14 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man that Danganronpa 2 scene. Though I don't remember Chiaki sounding that obvious.

I was hoping they would get more into how the class went about creating despair but I guess it would be just pure violent fanservice.
Sep 22, 2016 4:27 PM

May 2014
Not really sure why a lot of people are disappointed with the ending. Did you guys expect a totally different ending that wouldn't lead to Danganronpa 1 and 2? lol
The point of Zetsubou-hen is to explain what happened in the past and the new stuff that's going on in Mirai, not how it ends.

Only disappointment for me is they somehow didn't animate Zero, i was really hoping for that when the 2 characters made a cameo.
gk2012Sep 22, 2016 4:34 PM
Sep 22, 2016 4:31 PM

May 2016
And there you go guys, everything was explained...

Junko used brainwashing to make the reserve course kill themselves...

Izuru requested Junko to erase class 77th's memories about him and planned to erase his memories about them for the sake of his little plan...

His plan was to test what was more unpredictable, Hope or Despair...

And finally, the reason there's an AI Chiaki in the game is because of Izuru (at least, that's what is implied)...For those saying Chihiro created her, that not even possible, Chiaki and Chihiro nerver met...The one who made AI Chiaki was Alter Ego, but Alter Ego wouldn't no about Chiaki either, which means someone must have gave her the information and commanded it to create the AI (or perhaps they even programed it themselves), and that one is Izuru...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 22, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2014
ehm..is it safe to say that Naegi is the ultimate plot armor, right?
Also, I thought that Mukuro cared a little about Makoto but this didn't seem the case.

Regarding Izuru, I actually think that he was awake inside Hinata during DR2. Thinking about that, the awakening of Hajime as "Supersayan Hajime" or "Ishimaru Hajime" could be caused by Izuru who made up his mind towards hope.
OMG, hello.
Sep 22, 2016 4:50 PM

Nov 2008
gk2012 said:
Not really sure why a lot of people are disappointed with the ending. Did you guys expect a totally different ending that wouldn't lead to Danganronpa 1 and 2? lol
The point of Zetsubou-hen is to explain what happened in the past and the new stuff that's going on in Mirai, not how it ends.

The ending was okay, but the show itself was a disappointment. The answers to SDR2's mysteries did not live up to my expectations like at all.
Sep 22, 2016 5:24 PM

Feb 2012
Loogs said:
gk2012 said:

The ending was okay, but the show itself was a disappointment. The answers to SDR2's mysteries did not live up to my expectations like at all.

Just like the Star Wars prequels!

Personally, I had fun with the show. I just wish it had kicked into gear faster (there's no real overarching conflict until Junko shows up, and the Twilight Syndrome case being used as a way to get from Point A to Point B was kinda disappointing), but whatever. I understand Despair Arc is just supposed to be an expansion pack to Future Arc and the other games, but they shoulda tried to make this more standalone.

Also, this show has the best usage of meta-humor I've seen in anime. The world is destroyed by anime and memes! That's some South Park-tier shit.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Sep 22, 2016 5:27 PM
Aug 2015
I'm still wondering how the fucking government was killed off lol they should've just nuked the place.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2016

248 by MizuhoKamui »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.