Forum Settings
Forums

Foreign Music you enjoy that isn't Eastern Asian related

New
Sep 21, 2016 6:10 PM

Sep 2012
What foreign music do you guys enjoy the most?

I love listening to foreign music. I would listen to Peruvian Pan Flute, Egyptian music, etc. But my personal favorite would have to be New Flamenco.

I love listening to the guitar on how great it sounds along with the instruments right behind it.

One particular New Flamenco guiarist I really enjoy is Oscar Lopez. The songs are really peaceful or full of life.

Some great songs I'd recommend are:
1. The Flavor
2. Corrientes
3. Loco Por Ti
4.The Flight of the Flamingo
Sep 21, 2016 6:12 PM
Mar 2011
i listen ot alot of metal and punk not from my nation of origin
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 21, 2016 6:37 PM

Aug 2013
Reggaeton

From Cuba

Mexican and Colombian colab (Maluma and Talia)

Sep 21, 2016 9:07 PM

Jan 2015
Depends on whether you just mean foreign or exotic.

I listen to a lot of metal and study it for personal guitar practice, most of which comes from European countries, and I live in America, so I guess you could say that.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Sep 21, 2016 9:16 PM

Jun 2016
German synthpop such as And One. Although they so frequently sing in English.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Sep 21, 2016 11:22 PM

Jul 2009
Mexican rap music
Sep 22, 2016 12:04 AM

Sep 2016
Old German underground rock, Eastern European (Mostly Russian, Ukranian, and Polish) traditional folk music, and Flamenco Rock, mostly.
Sep 22, 2016 12:08 AM

Apr 2013
Besides listening to some rock and metal groups outside of my country, I also love celtic music :3
Sep 22, 2016 9:56 AM

Jun 2014
I listen to a bit of Russian music, especially "VIA music." Poyushchiye Gitary is my favorite Russian band.

I also like Italian Pop/Rock music from the 60s, like Riccardo Del Turco, and Vasso Ovale.

Also, I listen to Dutch Indorock, like The Tielman Brothers, and I love dutch Skiffle, especially The Lighttown Skiffle Group.

Sep 22, 2016 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
Technically I could call english language music from USA, Great Britain or even Australia foreign.

There's also many bands from non-english speaking countries, that I listen to that still have english lyrics.

As far as non-english music is considered I listen to some german punk like Die Ärzte, Die Toten Hosen and Donots, which is not necessarily the best of the punk genre but decent. I also listen to Oomph! every now and then, who did Rammstein-esque music before Rammstein.

As far as cultural type of music is considered; I don't really listen to it. I guess some is more pleasant than others, but I don't really look for it.
Sep 22, 2016 1:14 PM
Sep 22, 2016 6:44 PM

Dec 2010
panteon rococo, sekta core, tijuana no, los victorios. ahh, mexican ska

I used to really enjoy yelle, a french pop artist. I think she's very popular in france, like plays on the radio all the time popular. I only ever listened to one album that I used to put on repeat, never got into her other stuff, didn't feel like I would enjoy it as her album safari disco club was a little bit pushing it

equilibrium is a german black metal band that I also used to listened to on repeat, nech dem winter remains to be one of the best songs I've ever heard in the genre of black metal

die toten hosen is another german metal band, found them through guitar hero. ein kleines bisschen horrorschau is best album

also this one guy that is pretty cringey, but a guilty pleasure. milan stankovic, a serbian pop dude. he makes the most terrible music I admit, but I particularly like one song called face for whatever reason. it's catchy

Sep 22, 2016 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
Dutch hardcore music
Sep 22, 2016 9:05 PM

Sep 2012
Bowie said:
Mexican music is awful.

It is if you are lostening to banda or mariachi. That stuff blows. New Flamenco on the other hand wouldn't necessarily be considered Mexican. It's Latin music in general . Oscar Lopez is Chile-Canadian person. His songs don't sound bad at all. Listen to the first two I have listed. They are really good if you enjoy instrumentals.
Feb 15, 11:45 AM

Mar 2021
Admittedly, Israel's influence in the circuit music has been impressive. Most of the tracks/remixes I liked involved Israelis.
Feb 17, 4:48 AM

Mar 2023
I enjoy music from all over the world.
Feb 20, 9:49 AM

Sep 2015
Cafe Tacvba is a good rock band from mexico.
I do like a good amount of music from a lot of countries but not as much in foreign languages. Part of it being I at least know some Japanese and often prefer music in English or Japanese.
Feb 20, 4:20 PM

May 2022
I just love techno music from the European countries. It's really good and I've been listening to this kind of music for as long as I can remember.
Feb 20, 8:53 PM

Apr 2023
I enjoy listening to Latin music because it's a great way to practice my Spanish!
Feb 21, 4:34 AM

Oct 2021
98% of the songs I'm listening to aren't from my home country. Genre wise it doesn't really matter for me, but mostly punk rock related music will be prefered.
Feb 21, 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
I love a lot of Eastern European post punk and goth. Stuff like Molchat Doma and Horror Vacui.
Take care of yourself

Feb 26, 2:49 PM

Jun 2020
Eurovision is an easy gateway drug to foreign European artists.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Feb 27, 3:51 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to SnadalFox
Cafe Tacvba is a good rock band from mexico.
I do like a good amount of music from a lot of countries but not as much in foreign languages. Part of it being I at least know some Japanese and often prefer music in English or Japanese.
@SnadalFox

You have Molotov too.

I'm from Argentina, punk is my main genre. Obviously the USA has great bands. Luckily I was able to go see practically all of them live at least once. All that remains is Blink-182, a classic band from my youth in the late 90s, which is coming to the country for the first time in two weeks.

Now I listen to more variety, before it was more closed, but always moving between punk, hardcore, rock, indie.

I also like several rock and indie bands from Spain. Extremoduro is my favorite international band.

And I also like many Italian artists, I like their pop singers. A genre that I don't like in my country at all.
Tomorrow I'm going to see Laura Pausini, although she sings in Spanish here, and I would prefer in Italian.
Mar 18, 6:52 AM

Feb 2021
Well, a lot of metal and punk I listen to isn't even from Asia. Most of it is centred in Europe or America.
Mar 25, 3:09 PM

Jan 2021
French Drill is fire, by far the best

Gazo
Freeze Corleone
Ashe 22
Tiakola (more of a singer)

mike tyson bite
Mar 26, 10:31 PM

Mar 2024
Honningbarna and Brenn. are two of my favorite bands from norway.
I also enjoy listening to songs like le monarque des indes which I think is french

Mar 27, 7:28 PM

Aug 2017
I enjoy Sigur Rós, an Icelandic post-rock band
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Mar 29, 2:53 AM

Nov 2017
hmm for me is either Hardcore (EDM), Hardstyle & Happy Hardcore
Mar 31, 5:09 AM

Apr 2016
I really like this one, but Idk what it means lol

Mar 31, 8:39 AM

Sep 2023
I listen to a lot of Chutney and Soca, just because I was raised around it. Bollywood music also thrown in there. I know in my playlist I have a lot of European Trance tracks, Russian music of different types, some Banda, and a fair amount from the Nordics.

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Apr 4, 1:39 PM

Jun 2015
Steps - Here and Now

The Journey For The Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step.
Apr 5, 12:03 PM

Jan 2021
I listen to american rap and french drill

Gazo and Tiakola are cool, btw if any french person is reading this: are they popular in France, are there way bigger artist in the sphere of hip hop in france? Can you hear Gazo and Tiakola when going to the club or something like that?

edit: some more names I know are Freeze Corleone and Ashe 22, I know some more but don't want this to turn into a list
Apr 7, 10:46 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Do Bollywood soundtracks count? My siblings and I still listen to Bollywood songs even if I don't watch Bollywood as often as everyone else anymore.
Apr 12, 3:45 AM

Mar 2021
Ever since I joined the mariachi at my school, I've started to listen to some of the music just in my free time.

Apr 15, 11:33 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to DrGeroCreation
Reggaeton

From Cuba

Mexican and Colombian colab (Maluma and Talia)

@DrGeroCreation honestly I am following Thalia since early 2000s, recently I am in a Thalia mood I miss her songs from Arrasando era.

Apr 15, 11:34 AM

Sep 2009
Reggae, Merengue, Nordic Folk Music.

Apr 15, 11:47 AM

May 2023
I like Jpop of course : off topic. I listen to a lot of things technically foreign, like Synthwave for example. I also listen to video game music.
AstachannaApr 15, 11:51 AM

More topics from this board

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - 2 hours ago

3 by beazy12 »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

26 by 707supremacist »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Game of Thrones vs Attack on Titan

DOSS300 - Mar 26

11 by WatchTillTandava »»
7 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
11 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.