Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 16, 2016 6:19 PM
Sep 2013
Oh, so this is a different Shirou from the Illya's Shirou, who is in turn a different Shirou from the original Shirou. And here I thought Illya got Imouto NTRed by Miyu. Fuck Shirou, even you're no longer the MC, you're still at the center of everything.

Oh yeah, how is Miyu's Shirou able to create the Nine Lives and the Rho Aias when he's never seen them? At least I don't think he has, I don't really keep up with this series. UBW is not like Gate of Babylon, where the weapons are there for the taking, UBW needs to see, understand, and than forge.
MrNTRSep 16, 2016 6:33 PM
Sep 16, 2016 6:45 PM
Jul 2016
MightyM16 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

That wasn't weak but factual. Miyuverse Shirou made a lot of money for the manga sales but they can't risk for the spoiler of the anime since it was a HUGE plot twist. That was the standard procedure. Not an argument. All of the merchandise appeared AFTER the said character showed up in the anime. If that was the case, you would see tons of Tate no Yuusha official (not fanmade) merchandise out there already. But nothing release yet despite its huge popularity. You can search of the figurine and you will see none of them. Do your homework first, dude.

Do you honestly think Prisma's main appeal in Japan will suddenly change to be Miyuverse Shirou after this season is complete?

Especially after the QUALITY in this episode truly showed how much SL cared about it?

Also I keep seeing people say that Shirou's little arc made a lot of money but I still haven't seen any credible source

Anyway, it was obvious who he is since episode 3, he appears in the opening and etc. If he was indeed one of the biggest drives for Prisma in Japan, you'd think he would appear in some shape or form in the F/GO event...but guess what, he didn't

Understand, I'm not saying that Shirou's arc was bad just that Prisma's main selling point isn't Shirou and this won't change even if his arc is animated

If he didn't make money, why didn't the author ended his flashback in like 6 chapters because it would be very easy to do so. Also, the limited Edition of Volume 6 of the manga which had his cover instead of Luvia was already out of print and nobody want to sell it on amazon or ebay? That volume sold out very quickly IIRC.

You failed to read between the line. How about finding it out yourself? Who in the right mind would continue to support something that wasn't making money for about 1.5 year?
Sep 16, 2016 7:33 PM

Mar 2015
zhaoyun99 said:
MightyM16 said:

Do you honestly think Prisma's main appeal in Japan will suddenly change to be Miyuverse Shirou after this season is complete?

Especially after the QUALITY in this episode truly showed how much SL cared about it?

Also I keep seeing people say that Shirou's little arc made a lot of money but I still haven't seen any credible source

Anyway, it was obvious who he is since episode 3, he appears in the opening and etc. If he was indeed one of the biggest drives for Prisma in Japan, you'd think he would appear in some shape or form in the F/GO event...but guess what, he didn't

Understand, I'm not saying that Shirou's arc was bad just that Prisma's main selling point isn't Shirou and this won't change even if his arc is animated

If he didn't make money, why didn't the author ended his flashback in like 6 chapters because it would be very easy to do so. Also, the limited Edition of Volume 6 of the manga which had his cover instead of Luvia was already out of print and nobody want to sell it on amazon or ebay? That volume sold out very quickly IIRC.

You failed to read between the line. How about finding it out yourself? Who in the right mind would continue to support something that wasn't making money for about 1.5 year?

It was still a short arc (with short chapters) compared to the entirety of Prisma and what the series has been mainly known for

I'm not saying it wasn't a nice change of pace or somehow the best selling point the Prisma manga ever reached, basically I'm not denying anything, I'm just saying that you lack proper numbers to support your points and therefore I'm skeptical

But even if you had these numbers and they were confirmed, it wouldn't change the fact that most japanese's main drive to follow these series isn't Shirou since this wasn't the concept they jumped in when following this series

A character being part of the cover doesn't means as much as you're implying it does and Prisma Illya has remained afloat because of how much merchandise it's able to sell and guess what is the focu of hte merchandise?

Calling Miyuverse Shirou as the cashcow of Prisma Illya is just delusion
Sep 16, 2016 7:34 PM

Mar 2015
MrNTR said:
Oh, so this is a different Shirou from the Illya's Shirou, who is in turn a different Shirou from the original Shirou. And here I thought Illya got Imouto NTRed by Miyu. Fuck Shirou, even you're no longer the MC, you're still at the center of everything.

Oh yeah, how is Miyu's Shirou able to create the Nine Lives and the Rho Aias when he's never seen them? At least I don't think he has, I don't really keep up with this series. UBW is not like Gate of Babylon, where the weapons are there for the taking, UBW needs to see, understand, and than forge.

The manga explains how Shirou acquired those powers, the anime won't reach that part obv
Sep 16, 2016 8:57 PM

Jun 2011
Action scenes felt flat with this episode, I was hoping for more.
Sep 16, 2016 9:09 PM
Jul 2016
MightyM16 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

It was still a short arc (with short chapters) compared to the entirety of Prisma and what the series has been mainly known for

I'm not saying it wasn't a nice change of pace or somehow the best selling point the Prisma manga ever reached, basically I'm not denying anything, I'm just saying that you lack proper numbers to support your points and therefore I'm skeptical

But even if you had these numbers and they were confirmed, it wouldn't change the fact that most japanese's main drive to follow these series isn't Shirou since this wasn't the concept they jumped in when following this series

A character being part of the cover doesn't means as much as you're implying it does and Prisma Illya has remained afloat because of how much merchandise it's able to sell and guess what is the focu of hte merchandise?

Unless you can't figure it out. I ask you again, how the hell the author kept that arc and Miyuverse Shirou for so long? He could easily end it in like 6 chapter and be done with that. If Miyuverse Shirou didn't sell well. He would just skip through it w/o much detail. Also, like I said before, merchandise only appear when they are on TV show. Like many novel adaptation. That how it works in the industry not exclusive to JP. This anime only reached his first full body appearance. Not a glimpse like episode 3. Also, if Miyuverse shirou didn't sell well, the Vol 6 limited edition could still float round and in stock but they ran out of stock very quickly. It's not just the cover but the entire manga volume.

Even a monkey could figure it out. It was like Gundam the first series. Until you have your judgement, see after Miyuverse Shirou merchandise came out and tell me afterward.

You should answer my question why if it wasn't sold well, how can the author still keep him around?
Sep 16, 2016 9:49 PM

Jul 2007
MrNTR said:

UBW auto-forges the weapons that Shirou saw, as long as he saw them long enough. Ex: just seeing Gil use GOB would be enough to copy the weapons used and understand them. In fact
. The exact length needed is unknown however
and

Shirou can gain that in only two ways:
1) fighting against it and seeing it
2) having some link to Archer and siphoning his knowledge.

So one of the two or both must have happened.

RockerXD said:
Fai said:
they could literally have ended it with Sakuralot. Or had 13 episodes total.

P much this, though from the looks of it, it mean's we're going to get a real focus on the flashback arc since they are adamant about ending it at the start of it once we do get there.

At this point I am really hoping they handle the flashback arc better, if they do it(next episode being called "conclusion" is worrisome)

That does not change my feelings about this episode tho, since I was awaiting for this far more than for the next arc.
AhenshihaelSep 16, 2016 9:54 PM
Sep 16, 2016 11:53 PM

Oct 2008
Another exhilarating episode!
so many things happening!
the OST of UBW heard again! (on the scene where Shero & Kuro Teamed-up)
Miyu used install card Gil but dangerous and almost possessed her.
Loli Gil being always composed and superior and being boss! and even subdue Beatrice!
And finally! Illya shouting: "EXCALIBAAAAA!!!"
5/5!

Sep 17, 2016 4:47 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode! Even in this episode they are missing the plot twists, which coupled with a very intricate storytelling and not very linear in the performance, makes interesting viewing time too. Curiosity to the stars for the season finale, even if you already know it will be an open ending.
Too bad for the drawings, looking at the tables of the manga, the TV series can not compete.

OrangeJP said:

Shirou Emiya, the one true archer.

Yeah! :)
Sep 17, 2016 7:31 AM

Mar 2015
zhaoyun99 said:
MightyM16 said:

Unless you can't figure it out. I ask you again, how the hell the author kept that arc and Miyuverse Shirou for so long? He could easily end it in like 6 chapter and be done with that. If Miyuverse Shirou didn't sell well. He would just skip through it w/o much detail. Also, like I said before, merchandise only appear when they are on TV show. Like many novel adaptation. That how it works in the industry not exclusive to JP. This anime only reached his first full body appearance. Not a glimpse like episode 3. Also, if Miyuverse shirou didn't sell well, the Vol 6 limited edition could still float round and in stock but they ran out of stock very quickly. It's not just the cover but the entire manga volume.

Even a monkey could figure it out. It was like Gundam the first series. Until you have your judgement, see after Miyuverse Shirou merchandise came out and tell me afterward.

You should answer my question why if it wasn't sold well, how can the author still keep him around?

Unless you can't figure out, I'll ask again

How the hell do you think the author kept the manga being loli centered for so long? Shirou's arc is just a small arc compared to the entirety of Prisma, it was a nice change of pace but only that

Idk why it's so hard to understand that

I'm not saying Miyuverse Shirou is unpopular, I'm saying he isn't the cashcow nor the main drive that kept people following this series, idk why do you think that he is just because he got a small arc that had small chapters

You also haven't presented me any concrete evidence as well

Honestly, if you think Miyu Shirou merchandise will ever top the loli ones, you're quite delusional
Sep 17, 2016 8:01 AM
May 2013
Oh god... what happened....

Expectations for this entire arc was there....
Just Drei arc alone is comparably better in plot compared to the first and zwei arc.

Non-stop epic action with great homage to the original source material and even though we have brilliant adaptations of fights from the 1st 2 arcs (Archer install vs Saber alter & loli-trio vs Bazett)

This entire arc's epic fights so far has been sub-par and even inferior to the previous seasons. Though the original manga does a perfect depiction of the fights with its dark tones and vibes, ever since starting the Drei series,to show the dire situations, we have the cutesy mahou shoujo anime art that refuses to change to adapt to the new plot which leads us to the latest train wreck of episode 11

THE VOICE ACTING IS VERY BLAND AND MONOTONOUS!!
You can't feel much of the emotions and stress all the characters are supposed to be feeling in the situation.

What we get are them shooting lines to each other, with barely any pause in between which gives a strong feeling of listening to an essay being recited. Shirou's snide remarks and taunts barely have any bite to it and Angelica is really passive about everything. (They really love portraying her doll-like attitude when its more like a cold, condescending vibe)

Sakura Lancelot is barely ok where her very actions screams insanity, mad enhancement and the psychotic bitch she is but when she opens her mouth and talks.... you realize though the words reflect the situation, the tone and emotions is like a casual conversation.

Then we have the little effort music.

Another reason why the fights all look bland is because we dont have a really pumped up soundtrack to back up. Instead, there are many times where the soundtrack gets drowned out or have the volume lowered to the point where u don't even notice it, making everything suddenly seem so lifeless.
Sep 17, 2016 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
Shit adaptation, we can't have perfect adaptations after all. If I didn't read the manga I'd rate this lower.
2wei Bazett fight adaptation got my hopes up.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 17, 2016 8:34 AM
Jul 2016
MightyM16 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

How the hell do you think the author kept the manga being loli centered for so long? Shirou's arc is just a small arc compared to the entirety of Prisma, it was a nice change of pace but only that

I'm not saying Miyuverse Shirou is unpopular, I'm saying he isn't the cashcow nor the main drive that kept people following this series, idk why do you think that he is just because he got a small arc that had small chapters

Honestly, if you think Miyu Shirou merchandise will ever top the loli ones, you're quite delusional

Remember that the first season was only 13 chapters and the second season was 27 in term of main story (not counting the special chapter) and even then, half of the 2nd season main beef was actually Bazelt and Kid Gil. Also, the author didn't even explore much of Yuri joke at all even with the fanservice was rather quick and tame in comparison to the anime which was exploited the shit out off.

Also, the author didn't just shoehorned Miyuverse Shirou just to be baddass w/o substance. It was like the author play the VN over and over again and hit it where it count by using the most popular element from UBW and HF just so to make Miyuverse Shirou had more depth and also threw it a lot of dream scenario that would never happened in the VN with a very good execution.

Who in the right mind could take so much effort to not only reinforce but to create a dream scenario for the fan? Most of the author didn't hit the nail in the coffin as much as this author. If Miyuverse Shirou didn't draw more audience, you wouldn't see so much fan rage in this topic right now. Don't just assume that the JP didn't give a shit. Remember even a less known anime like Wizard Barisster had to apologize for screwing up episode 11 (coincidence?) animation and fix it, what made you think something like Fate/Kaleid fan would do? Netflix and chill?
Sep 17, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
matias067 said:
the OST of UBW heard again! (on the scene where Shero & Kuro Teamed-up)

It's actually from the VN, and the composers remixed the 1st season's arrangement of the original theme.
Sep 17, 2016 10:20 AM

Jul 2007
NicApple said:

You can't feel much of the emotions and stress all the characters are supposed to be feeling in the situation.

As far as shirou goes, that is how it is supposed to be and that is how pretty much every shirou acts.

The voice acting is one of the only not fucked parts of this episode.
Sep 17, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2009
This episode to me lacked direction. It was the worst written episode of this season imo and honestly if they broke it down to 2 episodes or even had this fightbe the opening of the nextseason i feel like i would have been happier. I loveIllya the yuri show but the action sceens were nice too, however, please better animate them and stop tryng to cram three episodes of fighting into one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
fluffy_maus said:
3rei is relatively light on fanservice? Oh my. I really wonder what people define as fanservice. Fanservice is more than just ecchi scenes. Wikipedia says: "Fan service [...] is material in a work of fiction or in a fictional series which is intentionally added to please the audience". 3rei is full of fanservice:

Shotacon Gil
Genderbend Gil
Saber Lily
Emo assassin
Sakuralot
Mapo Kirei

Anyone (besides Fai) really thinks that those things are present to tell a story? Like really?! Please. (⌐‿⌐ )
"B-But they are logically woven into the plot!" - So? Doesn't make the intention less obvious: To give the fans the cool stuff they hype and love and dig. Avengers much. The include system is basically the ultimate hax to make all those fan wishes come true.
In case you didnt know they are talking about ecchi fanservice.
We dont see your point. You mean we should be angry about all kinds of fanservice?Just because?
Sep 17, 2016 2:52 PM

Mar 2015
zhaoyun99 said:
MightyM16 said:

Remember that the first season was only 13 chapters and the second season was 27 in term of main story (not counting the special chapter) and even then, half of the 2nd season main beef was actually Bazelt and Kid Gil. Also, the author didn't even explore much of Yuri joke at all even with the fanservice was rather quick and tame in comparison to the anime which was exploited the shit out off.

Also, the author didn't just shoehorned Miyuverse Shirou just to be baddass w/o substance. It was like the author play the VN over and over again and hit it where it count by using the most popular element from UBW and HF just so to make Miyuverse Shirou had more depth and also threw it a lot of dream scenario that would never happened in the VN with a very good execution.

Who in the right mind could take so much effort to not only reinforce but to create a dream scenario for the fan? Most of the author didn't hit the nail in the coffin as much as this author. If Miyuverse Shirou didn't draw more audience, you wouldn't see so much fan rage in this topic right now. Don't just assume that the JP didn't give a shit. Remember even a less known anime like Wizard Barisster had to apologize for screwing up episode 11 (coincidence?) animation and fix it, what made you think something like Fate/Kaleid fan would do? Netflix and chill?

Why are you twisting my words like this? I'm not saying the jp don't care about Miyuverse Shirou, just that he isn't the main cashcow of Prisma or the reason most people read the series. I also never said he was a badass without substance. It seems to me that you are getting triggered because I'm saying that Miyuverse Shirou isn't the series cashcow

I mean even if we count only 3rei, his flashback arc doens't even make half of it so I honestly don't understand your point about how it shows anything

And even if the loli/yuri kisses were toned down, fanservice still remained an all time high on the manga, just look at the many clothing damage situation Illya found herself in and so on
MightyM16Sep 17, 2016 2:55 PM
Sep 17, 2016 6:42 PM
Jul 2016
MightyM16 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

Why are you twisting my words like this? I'm not saying the jp don't care about Miyuverse Shirou, just that he isn't the main cashcow of Prisma or the reason most people read the series. I also never said he was a badass without substance. It seems to me that you are getting triggered because I'm saying that Miyuverse Shirou isn't the series cashcow

I mean even if we count only 3rei, his flashback arc doens't even make half of it so I honestly don't understand your point about how it shows anything

And even if the loli/yuri kisses were toned down, fanservice still remained an all time high on the manga, just look at the many clothing damage situation Illya found herself in and so on

First of all, you twisted my words first so I retaliated.

Second of all, Miyuverse Shirou if you counted 23-43 would be like 21 chapters and he was absence only 2 chapter for being KOed. However, if you counted his first appearance in the Drei was like chapter 3-4, that was will 21 chapter had heavily featured. The manga wasn't finished yet and he already got almost half of the current season of manga.

Are you kidding me on saying that was small?

Edit: For the ecchi fanservice was rather quick and minimal and it wasn't even the main focus with very few panel. Instead, we got a bunch of HF fanservice garlore with the mud dolls, mud heroic spirit, and more that I don't bother to mention.
zhaoyun99Sep 17, 2016 6:46 PM
Sep 17, 2016 6:57 PM

Mar 2015
zhaoyun99 said:
MightyM16 said:

Second of all, Miyuverse Shirou if you counted 23-43 would be like 21 chapters and he was absence only 2 chapter for being KOed. However, if you counted his first appearance in the Drei was like chapter 3-4, that was will 21 chapter had heavily featured. The manga wasn't finished yet and he already got almost half of the current season of manga.

Edit: For the ecchi fanservice was rather quick and minimal and it wasn't even the main focus with very few panel. Instead, we got a bunch of HF fanservice garlore with the mud dolls, mud heroic spirit, and more that I don't bother to mention.

I twisted your words? How? When? Anyway...

I'm counting only Miyuverse Shirou's flashback arc (in which he is the main character) not his entire appearance, he just doesn't turn into the main character just because he appeared, that's still Illya

Yes that is awfully small compared to the amount the manga has put out with it's original version and 2wei. It doesn't even reach half of the 3rei chapters

I honestly don't know why you are making such a big deal of the arc when you lack the numbers to back you up

"The ecchi fanservice was kept to a minimum"

You say that when we got thousand of scenes with heavy clothing damage, hot spring scenes, the whole Miyu subplot with Darius, the author finding more and more reasons to draw naked lolis and so on. 3rei is still heavy with fanservice
Sep 17, 2016 8:18 PM
Jul 2016
MightyM16 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

I'm counting only Miyuverse Shirou's flashback arc (in which he is the main character) not his entire appearance, he just doesn't turn into the main character just because he appeared, that's still Illya

Yes that is awfully small compared to the amount the manga has put out with it's original version and 2wei. It doesn't even reach half of the 3rei chapters

I honestly don't know why you are making such a big deal of the arc when you lack the numbers to back you up

You say that when we got thousand of scenes with heavy clothing damage, hot spring scenes, the whole Miyu subplot with Darius, the author finding more and more reasons to draw naked lolis and so on. 3rei is still heavy with fanservice

Thousand?

Let's see here. Generalization was a bitch, wasn't it?

The first fight vs Beatrice and Angelica had zero clothes damage except for Tanaka and it was briefly showing her butts for like 4-5 small as fuck panels (one of them was her front but got censored by smoke) which didn't even showing her whole body.

Heck, the author didn't even show full view panties of Erika but only halfview.

The rematch with Illya vs Kuro had zero clothes damage. The kiss last only 2 pages.

The most fanservice was the hotspring which was only on and only last 8 pages. And that was the most you could get.

The whole Darious was with Miyu in a dress and the most you could get was ONE FREAKING PAGE when Miyu was sent to Illya

Luvia was the only one got clothes damage and it wasn't even the focus.

Only Miyu beside Luvia from the previous battle got the clothes damage in the process. Most of the time, the series only focus on her face during battle.

This shit is not something like Ikkitousen. Anything else? Chapter Cover don't count. Also, it was hard to look when blood spilling left and right.
Sep 17, 2016 8:25 PM

Mar 2015
Fai said:
NicApple said:

As far as shirou goes, that is how it is supposed to be and that is how pretty much every shirou acts.

The voice acting is one of the only not fucked parts of this episode.

Except for Sakura, she didn't sound quite as creepy, menacing, loving, nor crazy as it could've been. Aside from that, Shirou sounds like he should be, Miyugil and lil Gil sound awesome, and the rest were alright.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2016 9:53 PM

Jan 2012
EKUSUUUUUUUU....... KARIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 17, 2016 11:24 PM

Aug 2009
fluffy_maus said:
ssjokg said:
In case you didnt know they are talking about ecchi fanservice.
We dont see your point. You mean we should be angry about all kinds of fanservice?Just because?

My point?
a) For some people in here, 'fanservice' seems to (mistakenly) equal 'unnecessary ecchi scenes'.
b) W.r.t. a), 3rei isn't "relatively light on fanservice" compared to its prequels, as some may claim.

P.S.: Arguments like "We obviously talked about ecchi fanservice only!" is just a pretext to hide the inadequate understanding of the term 'fanservice'.
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Sigh.....

Again, what's your point?
To teach us the accurate definition of fanservice?

A)The thing is people only care about ecchi fanservice.THAT is what dtives people away from a series, especially this series.You dont need to be a genius to understand that.In this series for example how many people have you seen dropping it for having references to the HGWs,FHA,main FSN,FZ,FE,Notes or anything else?

B)I wont pretend I know what wrt means

C)3rei with 40+ chapters has without argument less ecchi than plot unlike 2wei that couldnt stop.If it was plot we would have Kuro shenanigans, if it was comedy it was a beach episode or some mana ritual.

So yeah.Stop trying to sound smart about the stupidest thing.
Sep 17, 2016 11:36 PM

Mar 2011
How did beatrice broke free from gilgamesh's chain? I thought the stronger the opponent the stronger it gets.
Sep 18, 2016 12:18 AM

Jun 2015
goodbyedays said:
How did beatrice broke free from gilgamesh's chain? I thought the stronger the opponent the stronger it gets.

Minor correction, the more divine a servant is, the stronger the chain. Now Beatrice installed Thor so theoretically it should hold her incredibly well. However, even
got free of the chain with A ranked divinity. So either Beatrice just willpowered through the chain like he did, or an install doesn't provide perfect divinity.

Sep 18, 2016 2:53 AM

Aug 2009
Sherou said:
goodbyedays said:

Minor correction, the more divine a servant is, the stronger the chain. Now Beatrice installed Thor so theoretically it should hold her incredibly well. However, even
got free of the chain with A ranked divinity. So either Beatrice just willpowered through the chain like he did, or an install doesn't provide perfect divinity.
That and Almighty Thor is pretty OP.
ssjokgSep 18, 2016 5:12 AM
Sep 18, 2016 5:42 AM
Oct 2015
goodbyedays said:
It's actually the lightning that freed Beatrice, not her physical strength. The electricity affected the chain & Gil immediately release it to prevent himself from getting electrocuted to death. The manga showed this part more clearly than the anime.
Sep 18, 2016 8:33 AM

Aug 2009
Ryuutobi said:
goodbyedays said:
It's actually the lightning that freed Beatrice, not her physical strength. The electricity affected the chain & Gil immediately release it to prevent himself from getting electrocuted to death. The manga showed this part more clearly than the anime.
hmm i didnt remember that
Sep 18, 2016 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
ssjokg said:
Ryuutobi said:
hmm i didnt remember that

I just checked the panel and it's still a bit unclear. It looksed ike she had already broken out of the chain when she used Mjolnir, but the chain was also electrified, so it can go either way.

Sep 18, 2016 11:22 AM

Mar 2015
zhaoyun99 said:
MightyM16 said:

Thousand?

The first fight vs Beatrice and Angelica had zero clothes damage except for Tanaka and it was briefly showing her butts for like 4-5 small as fuck panels (one of them was her front but got censored by smoke) which didn't even showing her whole body.

The rematch with Illya vs Kuro had zero clothes damage. The kiss last only 2 pages.

The most fanservice was the hotspring which was only on and only last 8 pages. And that was the most you could get.

The whole Darious was with Miyu in a dress and the most you could get was ONE FREAKING PAGE when Miyu was sent to Illya

Only Miyu beside Luvia from the previous battle got the clothes damage in the process. Most of the time, the series only focus on her face during battle.

This shit is not something like Ikkitousen. Anything else? Chapter Cover don't count. Also, it was hard to look when blood spilling left and right.

You're basically looking for excuses to justify yourself at this point lol

Read 3rei again and try not erasing every fanservice oriented scene from your selective reading

"the first battle between Angelica and Beatrice had no clothing damage!"

kek

You're finding excuses like saying "oh but this fanservice lasted only for two panels, it doesn't counts", sorry it does count, it's how they did things in the original Prisma and 2wei too. Just because the anime is more fanservice heavy at times it doesn't means the manga completely lacks it, especially in 3rei, where we have a hot spring chapter and one of the chapters prior to the flashback arc having two naked lolis in a bath

These types of panels are completely unnecessary plot wise and are there just for the fanservice, I'm not complaining about it, just trying to show to you that while 3rei has more plot, it also didn't forget about Prisma's typical fanservice
Sep 18, 2016 6:56 PM
Jul 2016
MightyM16 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

Thousand?

Read 3rei again and try not erasing every fanservice oriented scene from your selective reading

kek

You're finding excuses like saying "oh but this fanservice lasted only for two panels, it doesn't counts", sorry it does count, it's how they did things in the original Prisma and 2wei too. Just because the anime is more fanservice heavy at times it doesn't means the manga completely lacks it, especially in 3rei, where we have a hot spring chapter and one of the chapters prior to the flashback arc having two naked lolis in a bath

These types of panels are completely unnecessary plot wise and are there just for the fanservice, I'm not complaining about it, just trying to show to you that while 3rei has more plot, it also didn't forget about Prisma's typical fanservice

First of all, I just missed 1 freaking page and now you are acting hotshit while you can't post anything detail about your argument but generalization. Nice way to twist my words again.

I said it was light on fanservice doesn't mean it didn't have fanservice. Also, compare to the first and second season manga, it wasn't definitely lighter and I also specifically only say that about 3rei. Also, you said it had thousands which was not factual and invalid in term of argument. You are making excuse to justify yourself instead. Remember that shit you talked about merchandise of Miyuverse Shirou? Didn't even know how it works about merchandise and you acted like you know everything.

Never in this thread I said "There was no fanservice."
Sep 19, 2016 12:06 PM
Oct 2008
... The sole reason why I kept watching this was to see this in particular adapted... Oh well...

sadpotato250 said:
An accurate representation of how I felt about the episode:

Sep 19, 2016 1:20 PM

Mar 2015
zhaoyun99 said:
MightyM16 said:

kek

First of all, I just missed 1 freaking page and now you are acting hotshit while you can't post anything detail about your argument but generalization. Nice way to twist my words again.

I said it was light on fanservice doesn't mean it didn't have fanservice. Also, compare to the first and second season manga, it wasn't definitely lighter and I also specifically only say that about 3rei. Also, you said it had thousands which was not factual and invalid in term of argument. You are making excuse to justify yourself instead. Remember that shit you talked about merchandise of Miyuverse Shirou? Didn't even know how it works about merchandise and you acted like you know everything.

Never in this thread I said "There was no fanservice."

Please, I'm not twisting anything, you're the one entering damage control mode because you can't accept that 3rei is not as different as 2wei and original Prisma regarding it's fanservice

The light fanservice thing is a white lie as I already exposed in my reply for astro up there, you can read if you want it

The thousand thing was just a simple harmless exaggeration in my view, no need to take it to he heart for no reason at all

I'm not making any excuses here, that's you, who still hasn't show me any concrete source or number whatsoever

But really this discussion is a waste of time, I doubt any fan of Prisma (as much as they enjoy Miyu Shirou) would say he is the cashcow of Prisma
Sep 21, 2016 12:28 AM
Oct 2013
MightyM16 said:

But really this discussion is a waste of time, I doubt any fan of Prisma (as much as they enjoy Miyu Shirou) would say he is the cashcow of Prisma

not to jump in, but is there really any reason not to say he's *A* cashcow of the series?

of course nobody would say he's the main/only draw of the series, but there is damn strong reason to accept that his appearance helped boost sales significantly.

he's a key face of the franchise, his chapters have had far larger reactions online than the average chapter, and he has commandeered the past *year* of story. unpopular characters do not get that much of a spotlight, and even popular characters wouldn't get such a highlight if they weren't doing something for sales, in this very forum, you can see that this episode, his debut episode, was, and IS considered to be the highlight of 3rei. he might not be the biggest seller, but it is undeniable that his appearance, and continued presence, has had a massive impact on the fandom.

it is not a stretch to claim that he has indeed boosted sales significantly, and is therefore a cashcow of the series.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Sep 21, 2016 8:24 AM
Oct 2015
MightyM16 said:
I doubt any fan of Prisma (as much as they enjoy Miyu Shirou) would say he is the cashcow of Prisma
Pfft! There are already a lot of them here who said that, but you simply ignored all of them.
Sep 21, 2016 11:29 AM

Mar 2015
vlaine said:
MightyM16 said:

not to jump in, but is there really any reason not to say he's *A* cashcow of the series?

of course nobody would say he's the main/only draw of the series, but there is damn strong reason to accept that his appearance helped boost sales significantly.

he's a key face of the franchise, his chapters have had far larger reactions online than the average chapter, and he has commandeered the past *year* of story. unpopular characters do not get that much of a spotlight, and even popular characters wouldn't get such a highlight if they weren't doing something for sales, in this very forum, you can see that this episode, his debut episode, was, and IS considered to be the highlight of 3rei. he might not be the biggest seller, but it is undeniable that his appearance, and continued presence, has had a massive impact on the fandom.

it is not a stretch to claim that he has indeed boosted sales significantly, and is therefore a cashcow of the series.

Never said he wasn't a popular character or a cashcow in his own right, I just said he isn't THE cashcow of the series

Ryuutobi said:
MightyM16 said:
I doubt any fan of Prisma (as much as they enjoy Miyu Shirou) would say he is the cashcow of Prisma
Pfft! There are already a lot of them here who said that, but you simply ignored all of them.

I tend to ignore people who delude themselves
Sep 21, 2016 12:48 PM
Oct 2013
MightyM16 said:

Never said he wasn't a popular character or a cashcow in his own right, I just said he isn't THE cashcow of the series

well of course, he just appeared in the series, and the main focus has been, and should be illya and miyu, but the way you were arguing seemed to me like you were saying he's neither a factor, nor a significant boost to the series profit margin.

but enough of that, i assume was can at least agree that we all still want better for the series, in both animation and resource allocation than we've been shown in this particular episode.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Sep 21, 2016 1:03 PM

Mar 2015
vlaine said:
MightyM16 said:

well of course, he just appeared in the series, and the main focus has been, and should be illya and miyu, but the way you were arguing seemed to me like you were saying he's neither a factor, nor a significant boost to the series profit margin.

but enough of that, i assume was can at least agree that we all still want better for the series, in both animation and resource allocation than we've been shown in this particular episode.

I don't know about this significant boost because I have yet to be provided with sources that proves that the manga sale "skyrockted" during his arc

but yeah, the rest I agree with you. I was arguing with that guy because he said Miyuverse Shirou was THE cashcow of Prisma
Sep 23, 2016 3:58 PM

Oct 2012
What an incomprehensible mess, I thought it was great for a while but this is truly second-rate fanfiction afterall. Power levels were randomly all over the place.
Just reusing all those moments, characters and scenes is never enough.

Emiya theme was a joke when compared to every other adaptation. Sakura's appearance was like wtf too.
Even Shiniji Julian is just a joke looserantagonist compared to the original.
And don't even let me start with all that faker/counterfeiter/copy nonsense.

It's a shame, shame really. Cause this series was very good until now but this episode destroyed it all.
And not even five ending seconds could save it.
Oct 3, 2016 9:06 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
YggdrasilTM said:
Fai said:

It would be the same as this episode but with even worse pacing and with most of bad animation covered up by explosion sfx. Oh and Shirou's monologue would be removed.

Yeah, sure.
UBW:

Prisma:

It's the same, allright.

That scene of Prisma was when I started to see that the animation could be way better than what we got, to be fair while current status was decent, it was nearly up enough to live up to the manga art, but I hope the BD will fix some of those scenes.

Still a great episode IMO. Got the feels right.
Apr 26, 2017 9:27 AM

Apr 2010
Meh this episode was still crap on the BDs.
Jul 18, 2017 12:30 AM

Sep 2011
Gilgamesh is so damn badass!

Shirou was pretty awesome in this episode as well!
Sep 25, 2017 7:36 AM

Jun 2017
...next time on Mahou Shoujo Cosplay Illya and Schizophrenia Miyu

I accidentally voted wrong, wish I could re-do that, haha ... the action animation in this episode was sub-par at best ... spaghetti arm Shirou saves the day ... I guess.

Playcool said:

That scene of Prisma was when I started to see that the animation could be way better than what we got, to be fair while current status was decent, it was nearly up enough to live up to the manga art, but I hope the BD will fix some of those scenes.

Still a great episode IMO. Got the feels right.

Compare this crap to Season 1, Archer Illya vs. Saber - no comparison. That was phenomenal, this is lazy... =( This spinoff had outstanding animation quite a few times, but this? Most people look forward to the last couple episodes of a season for their quality ... I suppose this is what happens when they start to lean too heavily on the popularity of a series' name.
Alpha-MethylSep 25, 2017 7:45 AM
Dec 25, 2017 5:51 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. Shirou wasted no time getting back to action.

It's been awhile since I last heard Illya shouting Excalliibaaaaah!

Also was that Medusa Sakura?!?! Even in that form, she's still yandere!!!!!!!!

Last episode, but we all know how it will end. Especially tanaka hasn't made quite an appearance yet.
Apr 22, 2018 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Was that yandere chick really Sakura? She appeared so randomly and also disappeared like that again, why the hell? xD
Also olibgatory "EKUSUKARIBAAAAAAAA!" is always great :3
Sep 14, 2018 10:44 AM
May 2017
I recognized Sakura by the tits.
May 24, 2019 3:18 AM

Dec 2012
Shirou passing Illya to pat best girl on the head.
Angelica called Shirou, Faker.
Shirou hit her with the Counterfeiter.
Two Fakers.
Raw Anus.
Oh shit! Dat Emiya!
Kuro getting Angelica from behind.
Shirou slashes forward pass Angelica.
Angelica oppai in slow-mo.
Shirou got hit by some by oppai chick calling him... Senpai?
Miyu is Archer now.
Rin saved Shirou.
Miyu's eyes.
Gil has taken control of Miyu.
Mongrel.
Ko-Gil said losing to a faker.
Julian made Sakura go away.
Gil left to watch.
Ekusu...karibaaaaa!

Good episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 23, 2019 5:23 AM

Dec 2018
Well, Sakura made her first debut here.

Angelica could've end Shirou right there.

Julian could've attack or steal that card back using his spatial magic, but for the sake of preserving Gil's badassery, he don't use it.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 10, 2020 2:24 PM

Oct 2007
a lot happening.. Shirou from another world fighting to save Miyu.

amazing tag team of Shirou and Kuro to take down Angelica.

but now Illya and the others are cornered.

looking forward to a nice conclusion in the last episode.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.