Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2016 8:55 AM

Feb 2015
BatoKusanagi said:
_Ako_ said:

Say that to me when you have al least completed it all or watched most of it... Any other than that, I'll shitpost

Is 30 out of 52 good enough for you? Still, 52 is not much at all. I mean, someone looking for something like Aoi Hana wouldn't be looking for long.

Dude, probably... I don't know... If you think about the time you'll spent watch All those, I would say it is fine...
Sep 6, 2016 8:59 AM

Sep 2015
Yes, there should be more but alas, it shall not happen. Stick to the mangas for now
Sep 6, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
_Ako_ said:
Define "many" or ask Google-sama
Now... I don't care what you think about it. If you haven't watched most of it, your shit... You're complaining about something you have not experienced or seen yet...

I don't know why you act like that.

But if you wish, here all the yuri and yuri-bait that I watched. There is the number on the left if you're lazy to count them: there is 50 items in that list.
Considering that a lot of those 13 special aren't in that list because I don't care about keeping track of them even if I watched them.

I have depleted all interesting yuri anime since… I dunno, at least a half a year ago. Considering that I started watching anime one year ago, and that I watch other genres in parallel (such as yaoi… that I also depleted…).
And yup, I speak of "interesting yuri", I won't watch something only because it a "yuri", there is different kind of yuri out there, I consider that there is 4 sub-genres of yuri, and the most numerous one in the anime world is the one I don't like (the "soft yuri", such as Yuru Yuri or Sakura Trick).

You can also consider that the modern yuri genre was born in 1971, which was 45 year ago.
At best, there was 2 yuri anime by year.
removed-userSep 6, 2016 9:25 AM
Sep 6, 2016 9:22 AM

Nov 2008
Ugh, I'm fine with it. It's my least favorite type of ship, to be honest.

Sep 6, 2016 10:56 AM

Feb 2015
lady_freyja said:
_Ako_ said:
Define "many" or ask Google-sama
Now... I don't care what you think about it. If you haven't watched most of it, your shit... You're complaining about something you have not experienced or seen yet...

I don't know why you act like that.

But if you wish, here all the yuri and yuri-bait that I watched. There is the number on the left if you're lazy to count them: there is 50 items in that list.
Considering that a lot of those 13 special aren't in that list because I don't care about keeping track of them even if I watched them.

I have depleted all interesting yuri anime since… I dunno, at least a half a year ago. Considering that I started watching anime one year ago, and that I watch other genres in parallel (such as yaoi… that I also depleted…).
And yup, I speak of "interesting yuri", I won't watch something only because it a "yuri", there is different kind of yuri out there, I consider that there is 4 sub-genres of yuri, and the most numerous one in the anime world is the one I don't like (the "soft yuri", such as Yuru Yuri or Sakura Trick).

You can also consider that the modern yuri genre was born in 1971, which was 45 year ago.
At best, there was 2 yuri anime by year.

To be honest, I don't know what you wanted me to do... Do you want me to yell at all of the producers and say, "produce more good quality Shoujo-Ai and Shounen-Ai!"?

If that is the case, then I can't do that... Businesses flow from the theory of supply and demand... And guess what, a little of consumers want Shoujo-Ai, therefore the producers will either wont produce or will produce less... In today's age, there's a lot of demand to Moe, Ecchi and other goody fanservicey anime... Just look at the seasonal anime now...

I mean producers will not adapt something just because it is the best or it is unique... They will either produce it because people demands it...

In short, Shoujo-Ai and probably Shounen-Ai are low in demand, thus producers somewhat ignore those...

I don't have facts to prove my arguments, which will led me from being an ass about it... Though I don't mind it, since I am just merely speculating...

So, what do you're saying to me again?
Sep 6, 2016 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
_Ako_ said:
To be honest, I don't know what you wanted me to do...

I never asked you anything, nobody did.
And I share what you are saying, since I said more or less the same thing just before.

You just randomly asked us to not say that we would like more yuri, with a very passive-aggressive attitude. Like we have no right to express ourselves and we just have to be happy with the current situation.

I understand why there isn't much yuri or yaoi, I just find it sad, that's all. No need to passive-aggressive me for no real reason.
Sep 6, 2016 11:32 AM

Feb 2015
lady_freyja said:
_Ako_ said:
To be honest, I don't know what you wanted me to do...

I never asked you anything, nobody did.
And I share what you are saying, since I said more or less the same thing just before.

You just randomly asked us to not say that we would like more yuri, with a very passive-aggressive attitude. Like we have no right to express ourselves and we just have to be happy with the current situation.

I understand why there isn't much yuri or yaoi, I just find it sad, that's all. No need to passive-aggressive me for no real reason.

If you know the reason as to why it is that, "low" in count... Why bother making this shit?
Sep 6, 2016 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
_Ako_ said:
If you know the reason as to why it is that, "low" in count... Why bother making this shit?

Because understanding and accepting a situation are two different things.
And because even if it will not gives us more yuri, it permits at least to relieve some frustration, without attacking anyone. Which is rather nice.
Sep 6, 2016 1:46 PM

Feb 2015
lady_freyja said:
_Ako_ said:

And because even if it will not gives us more yuri, it permits at least to relieve some frustration, without attacking anyone. Which is rather nice.

Lol... Well you can either punch the door or you can kill someone... That's how I think you should relieve your anger.

I mean, there are ways to relieve anger, and I think this does not count for that... Though, it is true that others do it...

For me, I just keep it to myself.
Sep 6, 2016 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
_Ako_ said:
lady_freyja said:

Lol... Well you can either punch the door or you can kill someone... That's how I think you should relieve your anger.

I mean, there are ways to relieve anger, and I think this does not count for that... Though, it is true that others do it...

For me, I just keep it to myself.

This is an anime discussion site. Let him/her lament at least here? What's the point in telling them not to?

It also led to some new information for me at least, so there is a point to this topic.
Sep 6, 2016 6:24 PM
Nov 2015
KuroudoAkabane said:
you dont have to bother reading.

watch/

hentai.

there are a lot of vanilla yuri hentais

isnt that like a bit too intense plus their not a lot of purly those ones from the sites ive seen
RN
Sep 7, 2016 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
Anime is much more expensive to produce than manga. Some magical girl anime add in some yuri stuff for the older audience, but true yuri anime don't have enough of a market to be mass produced.Fujoshi tend to be fine with doujinshi.

same thoughts with ^
i also agree that fujoshis are fine with doujins..
so it tends to get popular then gets an anime

© 花巻 花郎 @ pixiv.net
Sep 7, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2015
Chiibi said:

you don't deserve to breath this oxygen.
YURI IS PURE,
YURI IS LOVE,
YURI IS LIFE,
YURI IS HAPPINESS,
YURI IS ENLIGHTENMENT,
YURI IS RELIGION.AMEN!!!
Sep 7, 2016 11:31 AM

Nov 2012
In case you refer to yuri, honestly I'd rather have none than have outright shit, which doesn't seem to be the case over at japan.
Anime like Valkyrie drive and cross ange show the disappointing amount of people with 0 standards when it comes to this and how having nothingl is outright better than having pure crap.
Sep 7, 2016 11:45 AM

Nov 2012
kronopy said:
In the anime industry there is a big lack of Shoujo manga, not only Shoujo Ai. And the majority of the shoujo anime adaptation don't even get finished. I think that shoujo in general don't sell that well when it comes to anime, so probably that what why we don't get so many. About Shoujo Ai, to be honest I don't even know who the main target is... I mean BL are written by females for females... most of the shoujo ai and yuri I see out there is written by womans too, but I am not sure if it targets males or females. BL seem to sell in quite a decent ammount, but Shoujo Ai, not so much.

I don't think you know what you're talking about but Shoujo manga very big industry in japan. There's no lack of shoujo manga, though yes, they pick the shitty ones to adapt into an anime, since it's decided by magazine polls voted by the Japanese and honestly turns out they have shitty taste.

Also shoujo ai has NOTHING to do with shoujo. That's like saying yaoi is similar to shounen. Do you know what shoujo means? It means girl. So "shoujo" itself means targeted towards girls. "Shoujo ai" however is literally translated to "girl's love" or love between girls.
Sep 7, 2016 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
I don't even know why Yuru Yuri is mentioned. It's not Yuri nor shoujo ai. It's comedy/slice of life. All the girl x girl in it is purely there for comedic purposes. It cross the line of friendship anyway.
Sep 7, 2016 11:55 AM

Dec 2014
Shirayukishi said:
kronopy said:
In the anime industry there is a big lack of Shoujo manga, not only Shoujo Ai. And the majority of the shoujo anime adaptation don't even get finished. I think that shoujo in general don't sell that well when it comes to anime, so probably that what why we don't get so many. About Shoujo Ai, to be honest I don't even know who the main target is... I mean BL are written by females for females... most of the shoujo ai and yuri I see out there is written by womans too, but I am not sure if it targets males or females. BL seem to sell in quite a decent ammount, but Shoujo Ai, not so much.

I don't think you know what you're talking about but Shoujo manga very big industry in japan. There's no lack of shoujo manga, though yes, they pick the shitty ones to adapt into an anime, since it's decided by magazine polls voted by the Japanese and honestly turns out they have shitty taste.

Also shoujo ai has NOTHING to do with shoujo. That's like saying yaoi is similar to shounen. Do you know what shoujo means? It means girl. So "shoujo" itself means targeted towards girls. "Shoujo ai" however is literally translated to "girl's love" or love between girls.

I may had expressed myself in a confusing way but what I meant is that in anime industry there is a lack of shoujo manga adaptations.

Now when it comes to Shojo Ai, the majority of them are created by females authors (males do mostly Yuri.. I may had read some hentai, but I don't remember any Shoujo Ai written by males), and it seem to be targeted towards females just like Shouen Ai is, therefore it becomes Shoujo by defaut. You can have Shounen Shoujo Ai and you can have Shoujo Shoujo Ai, depends on demographics... but there is no doubt that most of the ... let's say ''gay manga'' is written by females for female audience.
Sep 7, 2016 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
As long as there are yuri doujinshi's I am happy

tho I wish there was more because when I look at most of the shoujo ai anime out there, most of them seems uninteresting
Sep 7, 2016 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
doom19876 said:
I don't even know why Yuru Yuri is mentioned. It's not Yuri nor shoujo ai. It's comedy/slice of life. All the girl x girl in it is purely there for comedic purposes. It cross the line of friendship anyway.

Yuru Yuri is a manga published in a yuri magazine. So it is a yuri manga/anime.

Shirayukishi said:

Yuri have something to do with shōjo, because the yuri genre was created in the shōjo demographic. Thus the genre in itself tends to reuse shōjo codes more than the other demographics codes.

And no, shōjo-ai doesn't mean that, shōjo-ai literally means "love for girls", aka pedophilia.
removed-userSep 7, 2016 12:59 PM
Sep 7, 2016 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
Y'all need Jesus m8. Real men fap to school days.
Sep 7, 2016 1:32 PM

Nov 2012
lady_freyja said:
doom19876 said:

Shirayukishi said:

Yuri have something to do with shōjo, because the yuri genre was created in the shōjo demographic. Thus the genre in itself tends to reuse shōjo codes more than the other demographics codes.

And no, shōjo-ai doesn't mean that, shōjo-ai literally means "love for girls", aka pedophilia.

Do you even know Japanese? Because 少女愛 doesn't literally specify what kind of love it is, or more specifically, what kind of love its towards to. However since there is no particle, it is in fact literally "girl love". It's most certainly not "love for girls" because that wouldn't be specified with the character 愛. Also there would be the を particle to specify that it's towards the girls. It's absolutely not intended to be "pedophilic"... The genre itself is created for the more romantic part of love between girls, hence the character 愛, which means love, but it's a different kind of love you mean, it's more romantic. It's not quite possible to translate on English, since "love" is used for almost anything, also the fetish you're talking about. Shounen-ai, the genre is also a genre that focuses on the romantic part between guys, not "pedophilic" in any way,
ShirayukishiSep 7, 2016 1:36 PM
Sep 7, 2016 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Shirayukishi said:
Do you even know Japanese? Because 少女愛 doesn't literally specify what kind of love it is, or more specifically, what kind of love its towards to. However since there is no particle, it is in fact literally "girl love". It's most certainly not "love for girls" because that wouldn't be specified with the character 愛. Also there would be the を particle to specify that it's towards the girls. It's absolutely not intended to be "pedophilic"... The genre itself is created for the more romantic part of love between girls, hence the character 愛, which means love, but it's a different kind of love you mean, it's more romantic. It's not quite possible to translate on English, since "love" is used for almost anything, also the fetish you're talking about. Shounen-ai, the genre is also a genre that focuses on the romantic part between guys, not "pedophilic" in any way,

I'm far from being fluent in Japanese.

But: I read a lot of documentations both on the yuri and yaoi genres, academical documentations. Every serious Western documents will say you that both shōjo-ai and shōnen'ai have pedophilic connotations, hell, even the yuricon website tells it:
The term shoujoai (Girls’ Love) was created by an American fan as an analog for shounenai, which was being incorrectly used by American fans as a term for Boys’ Love manga. Shoujoai wasn’t ever really used in Japan – although they understood what was meant if western fans used it. If they did use the word, they meant it in the sense of adults who had a fetish for young girls.

If you wish a more formal source, here the most extensive study on the yuri genre, I link directly in the page:
Yet in Japan, the expression shōjo ai refers not to female same-sex intimacy but to the love of adults for girls —pedophilia, in other words. Kurata Yōko (2008) defines shōjo ai as “affection of an older person aimed at girls.” She emphasizes that the term remains “somehow obscure and immoral” (157). Japanese dictionaries have no entry for shōjo ai, but the term can be found in two other publications. One of them is a short story by Moroi Kaoru (1998): “Shōjo ai,” published in 1997 in the magazine Mondai shōsetsu (Problem narratives), is the story of two men who are attracted to teenage girls. The second publication is the book Shōjo ai by Miyajima Kagami (2005) which explores the phenomenon of lolicon (short for “Lolita complex”), which he defines as love of adults for (real) young girls.

You can found the same kind of texts in studies about the yaoi genre about the word shōnen'ai.

You can also look into wikipedia, 少女愛 and 少年愛. Both article are dedicated to pedophilia.

EDIT: Japaneses don't make any distinction between works with or without sex, only Westerners does, for some obscure reasons.
Thus in Japan yuri and GL are synonymous and describe any kind of work that focus on intimate relationships (not necessarily homosexual BTW, even if most of them are) between girls/women, same for yaoi/BL.
removed-userSep 7, 2016 2:08 PM
Sep 7, 2016 2:06 PM
Aug 2015
If it doesn't sell well it can't get an anime adaptation. Same goes with BL.
Just read manga since shoujo-ai looks dead.
Sep 7, 2016 5:08 PM

Mar 2016
TitanAnteus said:
OtakuDaikun said:
My biggest complaint is that Yuri relationships are so tame that yuribait anime are pretty much the same intensity. Even Yuri hentai is super tame. It's adorable but also such a tease.

Lol, I think you want to much.

Don't you think non-yuri anime is just as tame? I mean, think of Rakudai Kishi. That had some fanservice but it was super innocent in the romance department. Ikki had a really hard time trying to kiss Stella. On the other hand, in Sakura Trick and Yuru Yuri it's usually a kissing party up in there.

Well it's tricky since some people love the cutesy timid Yuri while I prefer the aggressive Yuri which is even more rare.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Sep 7, 2016 6:42 PM

Feb 2015
Hanane said:
If it doesn't sell well it can't get an anime adaptation. Same goes with BL.
Just read manga since shoujo-ai looks dead.

Apparently, he/she doesn't like reading manga...

That same goes for Hentai. Most of the best Doujin/Original Hentai I've read is really good, but Hentai companies doesn't like Vanilla + Incest so there you go... Plus, the uncensored version takes too long to be released.
Sep 8, 2016 7:37 AM

Nov 2008
ultravigo said:
Chiibi said:

you don't deserve to breath this oxygen.
YURI IS PURE,
YURI IS LOVE,
YURI IS LIFE,
YURI IS HAPPINESS,
YURI IS ENLIGHTENMENT,
YURI IS RELIGION.AMEN!!!

Nah, straight pairings are cuter. :p

Sep 8, 2016 7:41 AM

Jun 2008
Blame the fujoshis...

Unlike yucky male on male garbage...

Yuri is clean, pure, innocent and cute.
Sep 8, 2016 11:56 AM

Nov 2013
lady_freyja said:
doom19876 said:

Shirayukishi said:

Actually, no.
If I decide to write a story about a girl x boy couple, but I can't get it published anywhere except in a yuri magazine, it doesn't mean it's yuri. So the source of a manga doesn't dictate anything.

Also shoujo ai doesn't mean pedophilia, that's what you make of it. My japanese isn't perfect, but my logic is sound. If a 12 year old kid writes a shoujo ai manga that 12 year old kid isn't a pedophile. Well atleast if we're using random websites as sources for things to be true https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia.

You quote random people from a source that is obviously biased. The first site you refer to says Japanese people don't use it. The second source gives you the unofficial (not in dictionaries means unofficial) definition of a person of the word/phrase. How about I find a Japanese person who will define it as something else for my convenience?

Also when it says shoujo ai in romanji it's very likely it's not used by a japanese person. As this thread is opened by a likely not japanese person with likely not the definition that's not even officialized of some japanese people, maybe it doesn't make any sense to stick to that definition most people here don't even know about (which isn't even official).
Sep 8, 2016 12:06 PM

Apr 2015
Seems like the majority of what we get nowadays is bait or shows that are an inch away from porn...why can't we find a nice balance? That's probably why Sakura Trick was refreshing for so many.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 8, 2016 12:08 PM
Aug 2015
Please watch real porn. 2x as satisfying.
Sep 8, 2016 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
doom19876 said:
Actually, no.
If I decide to write a story about a girl x boy couple, but I can't get it published anywhere except in a yuri magazine, it doesn't mean it's yuri. So the source of a manga doesn't dictate anything.

Except that magazines have editorial policy.
A yuri magazine features only yuri stories. That's their policy. They won't publish anything that isn't yuri.

Yuru Yuri is simply representative of the "soft-yuri" sub-genre (the study from Verena Maser speaks a little of it). Which like the name imply is very light in its yuri content.
Soft-yuri are mostly the yuri version of the "cute girls doing cute thing", focused on humor, fan-service and moe. The relationships and the characters are rather underdeveloped.
That kind of stuffs are meant for the yuri shippers and dōjinshi. That's explained by Maser again: "Instead, what matters most it the imagination of the audience—the survey postcards in the manga’s paperback editions even ask the readers to give their favorite couplings of the series’ characters, and indicate that the answers are used by author Namori and her editor Nakamura for future projects."

doom19876 said:

Also shoujo ai doesn't mean pedophilia, that's what you make of it. My japanese isn't perfect, but my logic is sound. If a 12 year old kid writes a shoujo ai manga that 12 year old kid isn't a pedophile. Well atleast if we're using random websites as sources for things to be true https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia.

You quote random people from a source that is obviously biased. The first site you refer to says Japanese people don't use it. The second source gives you the unofficial (not in dictionaries means unofficial) definition of a person of the word/phrase. How about I find a Japanese person who will define it as something else for my convenience?

Also when it says shoujo ai in romanji it's very likely it's not used by a japanese person. As this thread is opened by a likely not japanese person with likely not the definition that's not even officialized of some japanese people, maybe it doesn't make any sense to stick to that definition most people here don't even know about (which isn't even official).

Wow…

I didn't know that experts on the manga field writing academical studies (validated by universities and such) are "random people" and "biased".
And how about the two Japanese Wikipedia links? Others biased people who don't know anything about the Japanese language?

If you wish, I can quote another source, that book. The chapter quoted is written by James Welker another academician, affiliated to a Japanese university, and specialized in Japanese culture, especially the homosexual one.
In this passage, he is quoting Norie Masuyama, Taruho Inagaki and indirectly Moto Hagio and Keiko Takemiya. Those 4 are the ones who created the yaoi genre.
Well, the quotation:
As Masuyama recalls, when the early male–male romance narratives were being created and published, she, Takemiya, and Hagio first labeled these male–male romance narratives with the term “kunaaben riibe,” a transliteration of the German term Knabenliebe, which means “boy love” and which is often translated into English as “pederasty.” Taruho used this German word alongside “shōnen’ai,” the latter of which was to become the dominant label for male–male romance narratives in the 1970s. The ambiguity of the term “shōnen’ai” served the new genre well, as it can simultaneously indicate the boys as the subject of affection, that is, “a boy loves (someone)” or “(someone) loves a boy.”

As quoted, the pederastic connotations were voluntary, the authors played on that.
You can also note "in the 1970s" in the quotation. Because the word shōnen'ai was finally abandoned during the 80s for describing yaoi manga, because of that pederastic connotation.

And then like the yuricon website said, some Westerners who didn't understood the meaning of "shōnen'ai" reused that word for labeling romantic relationship.
Which is pretty funny, since most of those shōnen'ai works from the 70s were rather sexual and erotic.

But if you wish to ignore the history of those two genres because of your "sound logic", please do.

BTW: And I didn't say anything about it to the OP. I'm used of people using shōjo-ai or shōnen'ai.
I was simply correcting @Shirayukishi who affirmed that shōjo-ai "literally" means "love between girls", which isn't the case from all my readings on the subject.
But yeah, maybe all those manga experts are in the wrong, and you're in the true.
removed-userSep 8, 2016 1:31 PM
Sep 8, 2016 3:49 PM

Jun 2015
On_the_Lam said:

Yuri takes the dick out of the equation. Pure win.
Sep 8, 2016 4:55 PM
Aug 2015
AltoRoark said:
On_the_Lam said:

It's kind of ironic when men don't want to see dicks.
Sep 8, 2016 6:06 PM

Jun 2015
On_the_Lam said:
AltoRoark said:

Nothing ironic about preference in wank material.
Sep 8, 2016 6:45 PM
Aug 2015
JustALEX said:
Blame the fujoshis...

I am triggered

>"yucky" "garbage"...
>Pleb without taste
Sep 8, 2016 7:04 PM

Feb 2013
On_the_Lam said:
AltoRoark said:

where's the irony? would a men normally want to see dicks? one is more than enough and thats already yours
Sep 8, 2016 7:30 PM

Jun 2008
Hanane said:
JustALEX said:
Blame the fujoshis...

I am triggered

>"yucky" "garbage"...
>Pleb without taste

Lol.

OK, how about traps?

Traps are OK.....#nohomo
Sep 8, 2016 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
On_the_Lam said:

Clearly you are not part of the doujin master race...
Sep 9, 2016 4:37 AM
Aug 2015
romagia said:
On_the_Lam said:

where's the irony? would a men normally want to see dicks? one is more than enough and thats already yours

The irony is that the same people who look at their dicks whilst masturbating don't want to see dicks in porn.

JustALEX said:
On_the_Lam said:

Clearly you are not part of the doujin master race...

I have a lot of self-respect.
Sep 9, 2016 11:39 AM
Aug 2015
JustALEX said:
Hanane said:
I am triggered

>"yucky" "garbage"...
>Pleb without taste

Lol.

OK, how about traps?

Traps are OK.....#nohomo
;'))))
>your taste might be a bit better
>actually no #yeshomoandshitposting
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 7 hours ago

27 by Eleben »»
3 minutes ago

» Can background characters be best girls?

Catalano - Yesterday

22 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
9 minutes ago

» Do we need more 30 year old waifus?

Catalano - Today

33 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
42 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

110 by Ade117 »»
43 minutes ago

» How did you get into anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Cudlyyy - Sep 28, 2023

116 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.