Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 2, 2016 12:12 AM

Mar 2012
So I'm guessing DR0 is next? For those having a problem with Izuru and Komaeda's meeting this episode, the ultimate neurologist might be involved to wipe the memories of their meeting.
Sep 2, 2016 12:22 AM

Dec 2015
Someone posted this on reddit, this is my headcanon:

Hopeman:Man I bet he doesn't even remember a useless piece of garbage like me. I'll just pretend this is our first meeting So uh... you like boats? Dammit Komaeda! That question is so lame!
Izuru: Yes I like boats but I hate them now. I see that he is trying to pretend that he doesn't know me. I guess I'll just play along. So uh... what's your talent?
Asshope: Luck. It's useless as fuck but whatever. I just want more people with talent to flourish I know he has luck. It only makes me seem worse by comparison. I love it!
Izuru:The fuck is this shit talking about? Luck is probably my favorite talent and it's OP as fuck! Like seriously! I cant FUCKING die but I also have cancer despite being the ultimate healthy student too! That's so exciting! Oh um... yeah it sucks...
The man that puts the Hope in Hope's peak with two nice hope's peaks of his own: Shit um change the subject! So uhh Junko
Izuru: She's alright a bit dead tho. I see you have her hand. Why?
Nageeto Cum-on-my-eye-duh: She sucks despair sucks. I love her though.
Angra_ShadowSep 2, 2016 12:26 AM
Sep 2, 2016 12:42 AM

Jan 2016
I have many questions from this BEST episode!!
"--Did you lose weight?"

Monokuma puzzle patterns each faces. All Fifteen of them. So we can see Junko has planned to make her senpai -> ultimate despair. But junko might missed nanami.. there's no sign of nanami on ultimate despair list in episode 1 mirai-hen.

Junko pls give me back the previous clumsy girl!! ARGH I don't like her HUAA WHY U SO EVULL!! Anyway did tsumiki said "zetsubou" or something?

hmm.. did mitarai betrayed junko? .-.

*Matsuda-kun!!!*
Twelve zodiac generals? Are they different to the rest four dark devas?

What souvenir did komaeda wanted to shown to his classmates? What's the point of showing them.. a gun?!! What if hiyoko didn't say anything and what if nagito pulled out the gun? As the ppl who hates Nagito, at least they would confiscate the gun far away from nagito..? So what's exacly the point of nagito? For hope sake? Although killing is the way? Did nagito wanted to persue his classmates to fight junko? whaawhawaha ugh i'm too overthinkin of this .-.

What kind of person imposter is? :o
Juuzo still devoting his life to munakata as gay.

Ikusaba confirmed that Peko is Satou's killer!! There's a katana inside of her bamboo sword!!
Izuru threw komaeda's gun when he starred Chiaki. Maybe.. Hajime is still there. And also Chiaki recognized izuru as hajime!!
MoNYeTLeWaTSep 2, 2016 1:28 AM
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Sep 2, 2016 1:01 AM

Aug 2012
Honestly, I'm not sure I enjoyed an episode of anime from this year as much as I enjoyed this. I feel like I've been waiting forever to see Nagito & Junko meet and it didn't fail to disappoint. Nagito was just awesome all throughout this episode. It's funny, I felt like Future arc, despite focusing on my girl Kyoko (as pictured in my avatar [unless you're reading this waaaayyyy in the future where I changed it)], provided it's worst episode yet (or at least, up there) whereas Despair provided its best yet.
Sep 2, 2016 1:15 AM

Sep 2015
Damn that man realy does have every talent.
Sep 2, 2016 1:29 AM

Dec 2012
Junko, Komaeda, and Izuru.

All in one room.

HOLYSHIT

Izuru hit Komaeda with that love bullet XD

Sep 2, 2016 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
Phendrus said:
I love this series, but my GOSH, Junko makes me want to punch something! I knew these things were going to happen eventually, but knowing in advance doesn't make me hate her any less. I had to rewatch her execution after this episode just to vent my stress.

Me with you bro. I'm glad I"m not the only one in such minority
Sep 2, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2015
WTH, how do they do it, they just started at a amazing episode 1 and just keep getting better and better.

Not all anime have happy endings, but you should always be left with something meaningful after you watch one...
Sep 2, 2016 2:09 AM

Oct 2014
NANAMI EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS WORTH THE UNBELIEVABLY LONG WAIT XD

Komaeda was amazing this episode. Don't read the spoiler if you haven't finished DR2 it's massive [ISPOILER] I still hate him for getting Nanami killed in the game even if he was trying to save her.[/ISPOILER] If only he hadn't done that he'd absolutely be my favourite male Danganronpa character. I really want to know what it was he learned while he was on Jabberwock Island. (actually thinking about it he probably found all the Monokumas and stuff that Junko had set up) I was so impressed with how he set everything up so perfectly, kinda reminds me of that same chapter in the game. Insane characters like him are just wonderful. But of course just like in the game his plans were crushed by Hinata... omg now that I think about it... if Hinata [ISPOILER]gets Nanami killed again[/ISPOILER] then to hell with him.
lmao whenever I start disliking Hinata I just shift the blame onto Sakakura for beating him up and causing this mess but if he really does anything to hurt Nanami I wont be able to do that anymore.
Well hopefully we get more great Komaeda moments next ep, maybe we'll even get him confessing to Izuru [:3]

Mitarai was decent this episode, the "have you lost weight" gag was kind of over used but I loved it. I do respect him a little more now knowing that he didn't actually give in to Junko but instead was blackmailed into helping her. He clearly cares a lot about his class mates. Oh and the Imposter clearly likes Super High School Fanservice Tsumiki ^^

This is like the Majority of Nanami fans right now. Chisa better get her ass down those stairs and save her. (I would prefer it if Izuru saved her though) Oh man but that would actually be terrible because then Junko would have finally found a weak point in him. Either way I wanna see more Hinata and Nanami interaction.

Tsumiki fan service scenes were a little over the top but it's not like I'm gonna complain :D

Komaeda wasn't the only one who finally got got physical with his crush this ep. Looks like Junko's already gotten Tsumiki to fall for her. We barely saw any of the "sane" Tsumiki so it's not like this is really any kind of change for her character but it's actually kind of nice to see her like this already. I don't want to see any of the other characters become despairs though because I know it's gonna be awful.
Just remembered something horrible from the game too [ISPOILER]one of the despairs tried to reproduce with Junko's dead body after she died ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww[/ISPOILER] I think I'd rather never find out who it was.

We got some nice interactions between the other class mates but nothing too special, just some Akane / Nidai and Tanaka / Sonia / Souda moments. Pekoyama is incredible, never would have thought that she was on par with Ikusaba, it's actually kind of amazing. Especially the fact that she was able to track Ikusaba without her noticing. The fight between them is awesome and I want to see more of it next ep.

Cool to finally see Matsuda, hope he's not just an easter egg, I want to see those last scenes with him and Junko animated, not sure we'll get it though.

Junko was brilliant as usual and Nanami was perfect like she always is. I think it's about time I finally got myself a Komaeda avi.
Sep 2, 2016 2:15 AM
Aug 2008
This episode was pretty good. I think Mikan has a squishy butt.

Sep 2, 2016 2:33 AM

May 2010
Mikan is so perverted man
Now she's gotten even worse than Mukuro, great.

And Mukuro's voice changes are great as always.
Poor Mitarai tho. He wanted to make an anime filled with hope, but the result is going to be the opposite.

I don't like Komaeda but I like when Hiyoko was like "Read the mood." and he was like "Who you?" lol

Komaeda's luck man. But this guy is shady man.
I like his bond with Junko. This guy's souvenir tho.

And Peko vs Mukuro was nice.

How solid is that handbook man.

Chisa... I just hope she stays safe. Tho she was in the future, she must not have died in this.
And I just noticed that Izuru (i.e. Hinata) and Nanami finally reunite/meet!
Sep 2, 2016 2:33 AM

Feb 2013
Junko is starting to annoy me, she is too lame to exist.
I never liked characters who make others go mad.
Sep 2, 2016 3:13 AM

Jan 2013
One thing bugged me, I don't know if I missed something or if I've forgotten something from SDR2 or who knows what. But how did Komaeda know enough about what Junko's doing to go and point a gun at her? Someone make me feel stupid and realise what's gone over my head.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Sep 2, 2016 3:31 AM

Dec 2015
Also regarding the whole Izuru and Nagito meeting thing, even if they don't explain it and it really is a plot hole/recton, it's not a big deal, it's not like their meeting on the ship was a major plot point in the series, the only purpose that scene served was foreshadowing Izuru. It doesn't really affect anything so it's fine.
Sep 2, 2016 3:33 AM

May 2016
For gods sake, pls stop making a fuss over Izuru and Komaeda meeting up...This is Kodaka we talking about, the one who made and tied all those games and novels together, do you really think he made this out of the blue without a plan? PLS, he have this story all planned out...people refuse to think sometimes...
HyperLSep 2, 2016 3:38 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 2, 2016 4:01 AM

Aug 2013
Izuru x Komaeda sums up this episode(ah... that face Komaeda make lol)

Lastly,that after credit scene...Nanami....I just....i don't wanna see her sad and dying by Izuru(Hinata) hand...please*crying*
Sep 2, 2016 4:55 AM
Aug 2016
Despite just a mere SHSL Luckster, Nagito is acting like a real gangster than SHSL Yakuza itself XD

also the scene where Izuru take the gun from Nagito
Izuru : if it is good luck, i have that too
translation : my ultimate bullshit surpass yours

i don't think Izuru will kill Chiaki (at least next episode)
Izuru only kills out of self defense. like in ep7. he only kill that glassess boy cuz he tried to slash Izuru with chainsaw
and in this episode he only shot Nagito because Nagito points the gun at him
so i doubt if Izuru wants to kill defenseless & unarmed Chiaki
Sep 2, 2016 4:57 AM

May 2016
I feel so bad for Mirai-hen. It has to be, by design, compared to this on a weekly basis.
Sep 2, 2016 5:19 AM

Dec 2014
Uchiha_Shadow said:
Also regarding the whole Izuru and Nagito meeting thing, even if they don't explain it and it really is a plot hole/recton, it's not a big deal, it's not like their meeting on the ship was a major plot point in the series, the only purpose that scene served was foreshadowing Izuru. It doesn't really affect anything so it's fine.

It is a major plot point in the series. For the first time Komaeda the Hope/Despair drunk maniac and the "Ultimate" Ultimate Hope meeting each other. If Komaeda knew about a "existence" like that the Ultimate Hope his whole idelogy in the first place would focus around this ultimate hope. We know after Nagei beats Junko his madness is focused on Naegi. But he cannot reach him so he is trying to pull his sister Komaru in his little madness and there is the thing.
Nagito is obsessed with Talent and Hope. Izuru Kamukura would be his Jesus Christ on earth walking and breathing. This is a big deal. Because he would not care for Junko anymore if he know his living "god" of his ideology is right there in the same place as him. It would change so much what he would do and his relationship with Junko.

The problem is they implemented this scene in the game but now changed it. The whole scene with Izuru for some reason touching Komaeda was just weird. Like it was made for the sake of fanserice and only fanservice. That is not what DR is about. It is about crazyness, suprising plot twist`s and somewhat mystery.

I mean the whole Junko GOO thing is still one of the biggest plotholes in the entire DR Universem(the moment Junkos body is crushed under the final execution but the RoD could still "do" things with her body. Even if we saw how the body got crushed to goo)

Komaeda is one of my favorite characters from DR. But what they made with him in this episode was just strange. He was so long away and than he knew about Mukuro/Junko doing evil things. Knew about there hideout and about the whole Izuru Kamukura Project. They made him look like some kind of deus ex machina. Besides the existing deus ex machina Izuru^^.
And that is just strange for DR standarts. There is no need for that.

And everyone who is trying to cover this up with: "Oh he has dementia oh he is brainwashed oh he is insane and can`t remeber" is telling bullshit. Because it is one thing if Komaeda is forgetting things. But for the Ulimate Ultimate to somehow forgeting things in UDGs and DR2 chapter 0 is bullshit. Fucking with the timeline and canon story for the sake of fanservice is just sad.
The saddest thing is because this would change so much things in regards of the relationship between Izuru and Komaeda and even his fall into despair.
Sep 2, 2016 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
Komaeda wants Izuru's D.

NOOOO DON'T HURT NANAMI. :""(
Sep 2, 2016 5:39 AM

Jul 2014
It's really not that big of a deal though.

If you think about it logically:

He pointed a gun at Izuru and saw him for a couple of seconds

His gun got snatched from him, then Izuru darted around him proceeding to shoot him

Komeada fell to the ground then shortly after passed out

He also suffers from dementia.

It's not that surprising he forgot him. Heck, even Junko forgot some details after she got knocked out by Izuru.

Edit: Not so surprised that Izuru forgot about Komeada as well. As shown in chapter 0 of Dangan2, you can easily see how bored he gets of things, especially shown by his views towards the Ultimate Luck talent. Why would he bother remembering such inconsequential things? The only features Komeada portrayed to Izuru at the time was a face and a talent. Nothing exactly exciting to memorize.
YehartSep 2, 2016 5:43 AM
"Hi!"
Sep 2, 2016 5:59 AM

May 2013
I refused to believe that crazy theory about Chisa being the mastermind but it all makes sense now and not how everyone who believes in that theory expected it.

Holy Shit,Chisa was brainwashed into believing she was Enoshima Junko and hosted the DR1 game and considering how she was so similar in looks and sexyness to Junko than Mukuro. It could be possible and not even Mukuro knows of this plan.
Junko is still fucking alive in DR3 Mirai-hen and hosted the new killing game where the whole point was to make Naegi feel the deepest despair ever and then she kills herself to start the killing. Aoi Asahina falls into despair after Yuuto Ashahina died and somehow made contact with Chisa(who was actually Junko) when she was in the 13th branch. She noticed that she was in despair and influenced her. Aoi Asahina is actually the attacker and Junko just wanted her to despair.

I'm pretty sure Junko orders Izuru to kill Chiaki after knowing that Chiaki is someone special to Izuru and he fucking does it after he knocks Chisa unconscious. Pls no don't let it be. Make me happy being wrong for once.
Sep 2, 2016 6:34 AM

Dec 2014
Yehart said:

His gun got snatched from him, then Izuru darted around him proceeding to shoot him

It's not that surprising he forgot him. Heck, even Junko forgot some details after she got knocked out by Izuru.

Edit: Not so surprised that Izuru forgot about Komeada as well. As shown in chapter 0 of Dangan2, you can easily see how bored he gets of things, especially shown by his views towards the Ultimate Luck talent. Why would he bother remembering such inconsequential things? The only features Komeada portrayed to Izuru at the time was a face and a talent. Nothing exactly exciting to memorize.

Again this dementia bullshit. His Luck blocks his disease so he does not lose his memorys. Or else he would died a long time ago. And HOW stupid it would be that he only forgets Izuru.

Izuru is the Ulitmate Ultimate even if he wanted to forget he could not. Because he is the Ulitmate The perfect memory and so on. It would be stupid if Hopes Peak created the Übermensch but not including a perfect memory.

Junko is a total different case. After all she has only one talent.
Sep 2, 2016 6:55 AM

Nov 2013
MonoReaper said:

Again this dementia bullshit. His Luck blocks his disease so he does not lose his memorys. Or else he would died a long time ago. And HOW stupid it would be that he only forgets Izuru.

I've got to agree that the dementia affecting his memory is bullshit.
His type of dementia doesn't seem to affect his memory. Not once anywhere has it been shown that Komaeda has memory problems.

Him not knowing about Izuru was kinda strange from the get go, since he was probably the most dangerous member of ultimate despair. He'd be infamus.

Maybe we'll get some explaination. The show isn't done yet.
In fact, there's a total of 8 episodes left in both parts combined. Despite that, it seems like we only need 4 in both or 2 in each to wrap things up in this pace.
There's going to be some kind of twist, in both sides.
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Sep 2, 2016 7:21 AM

Jul 2014
MonoReaper said:
Yehart said:

Izuru is the Ulitmate Ultimate even if he wanted to forget he could not. Because he is the Ulitmate The perfect memory and so on. It would be stupid if Hopes Peak created the Übermensch but not including a perfect memory.

Let's just agree to disagree then.

Also, Junko has 3 talents, not 1. That being Ultimate Despair, Analyst and Fashionista.
"Hi!"
Sep 2, 2016 7:29 AM

Jul 2013
Besides that they ignored Chapter 0 like it never existed and that there is no reason for Kamukura to be in Enoshima's cave if he hates that she used him, it was an ok episode. It would be quite mindblowing if Yukizome dies in the next episode, and also when is the clock stoping for Nanami? How are they going to explain Komaeda meeting Kamukura before hand? If Zetsubou-hen ends with the 77th class getting inside of the Neo World Program (which would be the best), then this would be an issue.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Sep 2, 2016 7:38 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah, I think they are going to explain the apparent plot hole, I have my hopes on Kodaka (and I'm talking like Naegi right now xD). The show is not over yet.
I just re-watched chapter 0 (AND IT WAS REALLY INTERESTING TO DO SO NOW THAT WE HAVE MORE INSIGHT INTO THESE CHARACTERS :O) and, giving Izuru's overall personality, it could be that he just doesn't give any fucks about who Komaeda is or was or wherever. Like, the scene is really ambiguous, Komaeda state that is the first time he sees Izuru, but Izuru NEVER said that. And, at the moment, in the anime, he is just some nameless dude to Izuru.

And Komaeda, it could be that they messed up with his brain, just like Mikan. Like someone pointed out here maybe they changed Izuru with Junko in his mind...I like this theory, since, like @MonoReaper said, Izuru is Komaeda's Jesus, change that image to Junko and then Komaeda's Jesus would be her.

Well, I don't know, I'm gonna wait for the next episodes I guess :S

(If someone wants to re-watch the scene as well, there's no commentary in this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU-ck9nYDHU) :D
taynisSep 2, 2016 7:50 AM

Sep 2, 2016 7:40 AM

Dec 2007
I might need to get this game, any recommendations on which ones are part of this story line. Things are getting heated up and I'm sure the next few episodes are gonna be more intense

Sep 2, 2016 7:43 AM

Mar 2011
Forgot to add that this scene is real masterpiece:

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Sep 2, 2016 8:16 AM

Dec 2014
Yehart said:
MonoReaper said:

Let's just agree to disagree then.

Also, Junko has 3 talents, not 1. That being Ultimate Despair, Analyst and Fashionista.

Agree to disagree what a boring answere.

Despair is no Talent. Ofc it is used in the DR universe but it is still not a talent itself. More like title you give someone. Like we call the bad guys bad guys for doing evil stuff and so on. It is a title for those who create chaos, panic, disaster in the world for the sake of despair.
Fashionista was her fake talent so she could get into Hopes Peak without much trouble. It was self created a execuse to hide her real talent. Overall how she got into Hopes Peak was shady as fuck. So that the just simply faked the paper work to get into Hopes Peak is also possible.

@Topic
What worrys me the most is that it all felt like forced fanservice for the sake of it. Like we got this whole fanservicy episode with Komaeda doing stuff and than getting expelled. It was awesome and pure fun to watch.
But we have now only 4 Episode left -1(because Despair EP 12 will be the last airing episode for both Anime so this will probably be the "real" final episode for Future Arc as well) for the whole DR0 stuff with Matsuda the NeoWorldProgamm.....maybe Warrior of Hope stuff also? And whatever may or may not happen to Nanami because she still needs to get somehow a AI version of her into the NeoWorldProgramm so she will not die in the next episode. If she dies at all. There are going some theory around like she is the mastermind(she also is a Despair) or she is the 13th branch leader of the Future Foundation.
I mean we all got this whole build up around Chiaki so her fate will be pretty dramatic intense for this conclusion.
MonoReaperSep 2, 2016 8:25 AM
Sep 2, 2016 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
taynis said:
Yeah, I think they are going to explain the apparent plot hole, I have my hopes on Kodaka (and I'm talking like Naegi right now xD). The show is not over yet.
I just re-watched chapter 0 (AND IT WAS REALLY INTERESTING TO DO SO NOW THAT WE HAVE MORE INSIGHT INTO THESE CHARACTERS :O) and, giving Izuru's overall personality, it could be that he just doesn't give any fucks about who Komaeda is or was or wherever. Like, the scene is really ambiguous, Komaeda state that is the first time he sees Izuru, but Izuru NEVER said that. And, at the moment, in the anime, he is just some nameless dude to Izuru.

And Komaeda, it could be that they messed up with his brain, just like Mikan. Like someone pointed out here maybe they changed Izuru with Junko in his mind...I like this theory, since, like @MonoReaper said, Izuru is Komaeda's Jesus, change that image to Junko and then Komaeda's Jesus would be her.

Well, I don't know, I'm gonna wait for the next episodes I guess :S

(If someone wants to re-watch the scene as well, there's no commentary in this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU-ck9nYDHU) :D

I actually re-checked the Chapter 0 conversation and I have to agree with this to be fair. (And btw I went to YouTube this time rather than the game itself xD though I dont have the game anymore Lol)
Sep 2, 2016 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
Gazer said:
Forgot to add that this scene is real masterpiece:

The fight scene was pretty alright, but this was actually pretty good of a scene there.
Sep 2, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2016
There will be blood, I'm sure of it.

Chiaki? Nuh uh, they can't kill her twice. THEY CAN'T.

IF CHIAKI DIES I RIOT.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Sep 2, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2013
Nagito is back! AND HE IS HORNY FOR SOME HOPE!

Speaking of horny...damn Mikan....also...poor Mikan. She's one of my favorite girls in the series, maybe #3...and she always gets treated like shit. Now she's showing signs of turning into or has already turned into an Ultimate Despair. Poor girl, even as a Despair, she still gets treated like shit.

That Izuru and Nagito scene though, that was really cool.

And now I"m absolutely terrified for Chiaki. :(

Sep 2, 2016 9:56 AM

Mar 2012
All of the death flags for Chiaki are now flying high. I guess it's just a matter of who kills her next episode. I have a sinking feeling that it's going to be Izuru and not Junko, but who knows?

Komaeda, man, you never cease to amaze me with your "luck". Everyone else would have been dead already, but you're still trucking along. I personally think that he's going to get corrupted by Mitarai''s anime since he's a little crazy in the game. Also, is it really confirmed that he has dementia?

It was...interesting... to see Mikan in despair mode. It's pretty cool how they showed her "in love" with Junko and despair since we all know what she spouts during her trial in the game. I actually didn't pick up on the fact that Mikan was in love with Junko from the game without other fans telling me. Tbh, I thought it was someone else/someone random, but I'm sort of pleased it turned out this way. Those scenes with Mitarai though... I feel really bad for what Mikan went though in the past to make her this way. No doubt in my mind she was regularly sexually abused and exploited.

I was happy to see some more Peko action. I have a feeling her interaction/fight with Mukuro is going to end in a stalemate next episode. Still, it's great to see her getting more screen time!

I honestly don't think Chisa is going to make it in time to save Chiaki next week. I felt really bad for Mitarai, but honestly he's part of the reason why there's another killing game in Dangan Ronpa so I don't have too much sympathy. Junko's definitely going to use him for all he's worth in the name of despair. I'm interested to see how her interactions with Izuru will be next week.

We didn't really get to see too much of the other cast that much. It was great seeing Mikan "fall in love" with Junko, but I want to see more of the other characters when we can. I have a feeling next week's episode is going to be focused on just the characters near Junko right now.

Also, I'm really interested in what's going to happen to Mitarai at the end. We know he's not included at all in the second Dangan Ronpa game. He's probably working behind the scenes with Junko (albeit unwillingly). Wouldn't surprise me if the Mitarai in the Future Arc is a Remnant of Despair at all.
Sep 2, 2016 10:24 AM

Dec 2014
even though I know it's coming to the bad end despair.... it's get's intense after every episode
Sep 2, 2016 10:49 AM

Mar 2014
>TFW it turns out your best friend has been brainwashed and turned into some kind of evil mastermind sock puppet
Poor Chiaki

It bothers me that they decided to deviate from canon by making Kamukura and Komaeda meet in Junko's lab for the first time (since they first met on that boat according to the zeroth chapter of the second game) but still KO X KAMUKURA technically Ko x Hinata FANSERVICE FUCK YEAH
BubblyHunter said:
Komaeda looked like he feel in love with Izuru near the end, so does that mean that the ending theme is really dedicated to him???
Of course it is

And I love it
Comic_SansSep 2, 2016 11:08 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 2, 2016 12:55 PM

Mar 2015
Specimen021 said:
I feel so bad for Mirai-hen. It has to be, by design, compared to this on a weekly basis.

I don't think anyone is comparing, it's one single anime series disguised as two
Sep 2, 2016 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
Still rather skeptical and disappointed about the killing video + some subliminal messaging would convert Mikan to that, but w/e.

There has definitely been forshadowing in both DR3 animes for the Chisa theory and it makes sense how the DR2 cast would go to such lengths after the Tragedy. I'm waiting to see writer has in store for us.
Sep 2, 2016 3:01 PM

Jul 2010
I already knew I wouldn't like the ending of this anime. But I can't ready myself no matter what. Yukizome: "I have an uneasy feeling". I have it too.

Hope, that the ending of the Mirai-hen will be full of hope.
Sep 2, 2016 3:34 PM

Aug 2016
Something about Yukizome feels wrong since the beginning, and I think what she said at the end of this episode about not seeing Munakata ever again means something, but the theory that she's DR1 Junko is a bit too convoluted and would be a shocker to me.

It would be hilarious if we end up having suspected her that much since the beginning for absolutely nothing, though.
Sep 2, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2016
KojiroKotaro said:
Problem with my last post, so i summary my theory :

Chisa's going to become a despair, she will become Junko with brain washing, and she's the Junko from DR1 (Same hair color/haircut). The remnants of despair took the hands/eye/corps(...) of their teacher (lol). The Chisa of DR3 Futur is Enoshima Junko.
It's the same twist than a famous game recently release, if you see what i mean.
I'm 100% sure it will be that twist, the character design of Chisa + the highlight of the character in DR3...

About Nagito x Izuru, it's just fanservice, it will not be justified. Yes it's in contradiciton with DR2 Chap 0, but they don't care, fanservice is everything.

What about Mukuro in Danganronpa IF, her mind monologues referred to the Junko as her sister, woudn't Mukuro know? Or is it because IF is not canon that they can lie about predetermined facts? IF is considered a alternative dimention where Mukuro doesn't die and saves everyone...I would like to think that despite the route change, any other fact prior to it is still the same...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Sep 2, 2016 5:30 PM

Aug 2015
Uchiha_Shadow said:
Someone posted this on reddit, this is my headcanon:

Hopeman:Man I bet he doesn't even remember a useless piece of garbage like me. I'll just pretend this is our first meeting So uh... you like boats? Dammit Komaeda! That question is so lame!
Izuru: Yes I like boats but I hate them now. I see that he is trying to pretend that he doesn't know me. I guess I'll just play along. So uh... what's your talent?
Asshope: Luck. It's useless as fuck but whatever. I just want more people with talent to flourish I know he has luck. It only makes me seem worse by comparison. I love it!
Izuru:The fuck is this shit talking about? Luck is probably my favorite talent and it's OP as fuck! Like seriously! I cant FUCKING die but I also have cancer despite being the ultimate healthy student too! That's so exciting! Oh um... yeah it sucks...
The man that puts the Hope in Hope's peak with two nice hope's peaks of his own: Shit um change the subject! So uhh Junko
Izuru: She's alright a bit dead tho. I see you have her hand. Why?
Nageeto Cum-on-my-eye-duh: She sucks despair sucks. I love her though.

Lol! I wanna go with the dementia route, but this is hilarious! We have to wait and see though. Junko does have a way to erase memories as we saw on DR1, we still don't know what she did with them exactly so we gotta wait...

DGemu said:
Still rather skeptical and disappointed about the killing video + some subliminal messaging would convert Mikan to that, but w/e...

Same. I was thinking she actually brained washed her with actions, since Mikan was already quiet broken and would go on about how Junko loved her. Like I could have bought it for the mass suicide and other without any complains. But for it to be used on the remnants of despair feels a bit meh...

Yehart said:

This^ A lot of people are too hanged up on that. Komaeda has demetia, he only meet him for a bit and lost conscious instantly. Even people without dementia would forget that~ Besides, we don't even know what is going to happen next. Komaeda could get his school memories removed for all we know...

MightyM16 said:
Specimen021 said:

I don't think anyone is comparing, it's one single anime series disguised as two

Lol. Despair is being watched by a bit less people, and even so it only a few people do that.
BubblyHunterSep 2, 2016 5:45 PM
Sep 2, 2016 5:41 PM

Aug 2010
This episode!

The scene with Komaeda and Junko was so intense. Got to love that guy. He probably would've killed her if Izuru wasn't around.
Sep 2, 2016 5:58 PM

Jun 2009
currycurry said:

But how would that work with Chapter 0? Do FTDementia patients suffer from temporary episodes of memory loss? Like, Komaeda forgets he knows Izuru in the midst of an episode, and Izuru is like, "Not this boring shit again," and pretends for his sake?
I always assumed that chapter 0 was a set up for Izuru. Since Komaeda did not show up in the last chapter, the story needed someone to introduce him and the despairs. I guess, I do not sweat the continuity of it that much.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 2, 2016 6:29 PM

May 2013
Spooky_E said:
MightyM16 said:

yeah, and I'm pretty sure the intentional watching order is 1 episode of Mirai hen then 1 episode Despair hen.

KojiroKotaro said:

Chisa's going to become a despair, she will become Junko with brain washing, and she's the Junko from DR1 (Same hair color/haircut). The remnants of despair took the hands/eye/corps(...) of their teacher (lol). The Chisa of DR3 Futur is Enoshima Junko.
It's the same twist than a famous game recently release, if you see what i mean.
I'm 100% sure it will be that twist, the character design of Chisa + the highlight of the character in DR3...

About Nagito x Izuru, it's just fanservice, it will not be justified. Yes it's in contradiciton with DR2 Chap 0, but they don't care, fanservice is everything.
If Chisa is DR1's Junko then isn't that make the remain despairs' mission in 2nd game become kinda pointless?

Not really. She would have an army of Junko Enoshima to fuck up the world. Also DR0 Matsuda proved that you can mindwipe someone and ryouta's brainwashing techniques can fill up those empty spaces.
Sep 2, 2016 8:04 PM

Dec 2014
@BubblyHunter

You know the canon timeline right? Then the memory eraseing tech is not in Junkos hand in the moment. Junko only has acess to this tech from Matsuda in the whole DR0 stuff that not happened. Because Junkos first test with this technology is by creating her alter ego Ryoko Otonashi. Everything before this point in the timeline cannot be explained with memory erasing.
So stop making excuses for a plothole(at the moment) that exists.
Every detail in DR meant something so far. Or was a hint to something bigger/mystery but at the moment this is just weird and out of place.
Sep 2, 2016 8:11 PM

Aug 2015
MonoReaper said:
@BubblyHunter

You know the canon timeline right? Then the memory eraseing tech is not in Junkos hand in the moment. Junko only has acess to this tech from Matsuda in the whole DR0 stuff that not happened. Because Junkos first test with this technology is by creating her alter ego Ryoko Otonashi. Everything before this point in the timeline cannot be explained with memory erasing.
So stop making excuses for a plothole(at the moment) that exists.
Every detail in DR meant something so far. Or was a hint to something bigger/mystery but at the moment this is just weird and out of place.

Exactly! There is still space between what we saw in episode 8 and that boat scene! That's the point! Like you say "at the moment." There is still time to explain why Komaeda and Izuru said they didn't meet each other before that boat ride.
Most of the comments that are unhappy with Komaeda and Izuru's meeting in this episode make it sound like it's completely impossible for there to be a way to make sense of that boat scene. To me the dementia is enough to cover it, but there is still several episodes left so there are other possibilities.
BubblyHunterSep 2, 2016 8:27 PM
Sep 2, 2016 10:33 PM

Dec 2012
They are all so manipulated, the despair is stronger after each episode. Mitarai found Yukizome, I hope she will talk to Munakata and Juuzou before going down the stairs.
Sep 2, 2016 10:35 PM

Feb 2013
KojiroKotaro said:

Chisa is like 15 cm shorter than Junko.
At this point i think that Chisa is going to be the Monokuma maid from DR0.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.