Forum Settings
Forums

When do anime start showing how long they'll be?

New
Aug 23, 2016 3:30 AM

Apr 2016
It's a stupid question, but I keep wondering. Some anime that are currently running won't show how long the anime will be. For example, they won't show 0/12 or something, but instead they'll show 0/-

Is there a general time where it will start showing how many episodes where will be total or is it completely random? Is it just because they don't know how long they want to make the show?
Aug 23, 2016 3:36 AM

Jan 2015
CrashD said:
It's a stupid question, but I keep wondering. Some anime that are currently running won't show how long the anime will be. For example, they won't show 0/12 or something, but instead they'll show 0/-

Is there a general time where it will start showing how many episodes where will be total or is it completely random? Is it just because they don't know how long they want to make the show?

Well the anime is usually shown when the anime is half ways or quarter :3
Some anime's full episode is shown because they are confirmed to have that episodes, so it's always the confirmation from the studio making it :3

And then there is the Shounen anime that have +100 and is still showing no complete episodes :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Aug 23, 2016 3:37 AM

Jun 2014
CrashD said:

Myanimelist updates that when they know for sure how many episodes its going to be.
Aug 23, 2016 3:47 AM

Jul 2015
Idk I always thought it was when they find out 100% how many episodes it'll be, and that can be completely random. I mean, they showed that Sousei on Onmyouji would be 50 episodes when it was like 15 episodes so that took a pretty long time.

caught in the wonder
Aug 23, 2016 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
the answer to this thread requires the biggest "depends on the anime" possible..

sometimes we know many seasons before.. sometimes we only know one week before they end
sometimes the studio has a very fixed and planned schedule from the beggining, sometimes it's so chaotic they really dont know the exact number until they end (though they dont really make these thoughts public.. this is just how i see them)
such is life in television in japan
Aug 23, 2016 4:20 AM

Nov 2009
romagia said:

There is a number of anime that suddenly had to be shorter (Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou crammed ending) or longer (Endless Eight). Life in Japanese television can be hard.
Aug 23, 2016 6:37 AM

Feb 2013
flannan said:
romagia said:

There is a number of anime that suddenly had to be shorter (Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou crammed ending) or longer (Endless Eight). Life in Japanese television can be hard.
ii was always under the impression that endless eight was more of an artistic choice.. to live the loop together with nagato and feel her suffering or smth like that

either that, or to test the "dem otakus will buy anything" mentality

but yeah.. haruhi is pretty unusual for having 14 episodes , which i think were aired in consequent weeks; as if they deliberately picked to air it on mondays in a season that had 14 of them.. i dont think any theories about its production can be too weird

first time i hear of daimaou .. was that a statement from an official tweet or something?
Aug 23, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2009
romagia said:
flannan said:

ii was always under the impression that endless eight was more of an artistic choice.. to live the loop together with nagato and feel her suffering or smth like that

either that, or to test the "dem otakus will buy anything" mentality

but yeah.. haruhi is pretty unusual for having 14 episodes , which i think were aired in consequent weeks; as if they deliberately picked to air it on mondays in a season that had 14 of them.. i dont think any theories about its production can be too weird

first time i hear of daimaou .. was that a statement from an official tweet or something?

I think I got both of these rumors from tvtropes. They don't have a policy of providing links and references, so I don't know how reliable the information is.

More topics from this board

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 22 minutes ago

3 by Rhaelynne »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

26 by WatchTillTandava »»
4 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 8 hours ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
7 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

17 by 707supremacist »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

10 by meyve »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.