Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad, the OP is decent and in fact, I like it more than the other arc.

Monokuma's funny imo. The way he goes over the rules of the games in his bizarre fashion XD Monomi's also kinda funny. Kinda interesting they are testing the mentality of participants already. That Great Gozu is so weird. On the other hand, I think the action is decent for this series so far.

Looks like we got another victim this time around too..
Jul 18, 2016 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
Rabbit AI is "with" the shy girl who works for the computer programming, and "game" officially starts. Argument and everyone still doubting main guy. Another victim.

There are some people support the main guy, though. The main guy has to escape from getting killed. Wow, the killing happened.
tsubasaloverJul 18, 2016 8:34 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 18, 2016 7:30 AM

Sep 2012
RIP Asahina. It was nice knowing your brown melons.

Jul 18, 2016 7:34 AM

Dec 2011
DR3 as its finest.
R I P
Jul 18, 2016 7:41 AM

Nov 2009
NOOOOOOO~ WHYYYYYYYYYYY~ Why it has to be Aoi?

I'm in the despair now.
Jul 18, 2016 8:28 AM

Aug 2012
So let us go over the evidence that makes Chisa still alive.

- Asahina got shaky cam when discovered, Chisa didn't
- Asahina and Bandai's deaths parallel their deaths in the OP, Chisa didn't
- Asahina was just found in a normal place, Chisa was found on the Chandelier
- Asahina was also stabbed through the heart and was surrounded by a pool of blood, Chisa didn't
Jul 18, 2016 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
SirMaddy said:

- Asahina was also stabbed through the heart and was surrounded by a pool of blood, Chisa didn't

The shaky cam thing is a shaky argument considering Bandai didn't got that treatment either
Jul 18, 2016 8:35 AM

Aug 2012
MightyM16 said:
SirMaddy said:

The shaky cam thing is a shaky argument considering Bandai didn't got that treatment either

Yeah, but Bandai also didn't get discovered, his death was a death in action, if that makes sense.
Jul 18, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2016
I think it would be better if they made it more obscure to who the traitor would attack, to be honest i think Aoi and Chisa were too predictable for me.. but great episode nonetheless :D

Edit: I suspect the Bull head guy because he picked up Naegi without knowing thats what he couldnt do, so maybe he looked at it while they were all asleep? I also didn't see him sleeping or there to react to Aoi's death, but that goes for the computer girl too
OqtJul 18, 2016 8:43 AM
Jul 18, 2016 8:40 AM

Aug 2012
Oqt said:
I think it would be better if they made it more obscure to who the traitor would attack, to be honest i think Aoi and Chisa were too predictable for me.. but great episode nonetheless :D

Too be fair, this is Kodaka, where everyone is going "NAH CAN'T BE THIS CHARACTER IT'S TOO OBVIOUS."
Jul 18, 2016 8:45 AM

Nov 2009
SirMaddy said:

You don't really think they will use the same trick as the first game (First person who died = antagonist) right? I meant, they probably expected that all game fans/those who watched the first season will think like this and use it to distract us from the real antagonist.
Jul 18, 2016 8:45 AM
Jan 2016
Kirigiri is the traitor. She saw Naegi and Asahina sleep together and became ultimate yandere
Jul 18, 2016 8:47 AM

Apr 2016
Also I think the death of Aoi puts a lot of suspicion off of Naegi because she was like the only one other than bull head (who I think is the traitor) that supported Naegi
Jul 18, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
OH MY GOD WHY ASAHINA. I guess she couldnt survive two times. Let's pray for Kirigiri and Hagakure to survive , btw where is he tho ? Like he is alone outside and doesnt even know what is going on ?
Great Gozu seems a great ally but is also suspicious. And I hate that guy who wants to fight everyone. Usami is back but I didnt understand why doesnt Monukuma recognize her ?
That was an intense episode I already can't wait until next week to see who is the attacker! *-*
Jul 18, 2016 8:56 AM
Jul 2016
So cruel, Bandai was expected seemed more like a joke character.
Hard to predict who the killer really is. Could be anyone really, Chisa seems to obvious.
Could be Makoto or Kigiri, (maybe something went wrong when they left the neo world program) AI Junko had planned the killing trip with the intent to capture the future foundation and replicate herself. Maybe Brainwashing was a backup.

Speculation is fun.
Jul 18, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2016
More evidence/theories! Maybe the Great Gozu's forbidden action is nobody but him can kill (making him the traitor) which is why he protected Naegi for no apparent reason!!!!
Jul 18, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2016

So Boxer indirectly caused the Farmer's death by being a shithead, and he doesn't give a fuck or relent or anything. This guy better not make it to the end, what a jackass. He was one of my picks for making it to the end too (because he was a contrarian dick).

not checking forbidden the forbidden actions immediately tho -> aw fuck! if kirigiri explained that revealing the forbidden action itself might be forbidden, then it's fine if people that want to disclose theirs to disclose theirs so that they don't die to something stupid.

I love that the Scout immediately fingered Gekkogahara as the culprit (there's no way she's not chiaki in disguise tho)

BULLBRO IS AWESOME. ELBOW DROP THE FUCKING FLOOR

why would they kill aoi instead of naegi if they were so scared of him being a traitor?
because the latest murderer is not scared of naegi, because they are the traitor. looks like there's a despair-worshipper in the group for sure.

This is so easy compared to the other games, except there's an insane asshole in there with them this time.

https://a.pomf.cat/xprnwv.ogg
So far, two of my predicted survivors have died. I can already feel the despair.

This is so different, we didn't even solve Chisa's death, we know who killed Bandai (Juzo) and now Aoi, who I thought would make it out over Kirigiri, just died. And there's no trials. It's just a straight up slasher flick in there
Jul 18, 2016 9:00 AM
Oct 2014
Oqt said:
More evidence/theories! Maybe the Great Gozu's forbidden action is nobody but him can kill (making him the traitor) which is why he protected Naegi for no apparent reason!!!!

But...he could just reveal this? There's no voting, he can still kill people when they're asleep. No rules against saying you're the traitor.
Jul 18, 2016 9:01 AM

Dec 2012
Oh man,I KNEW Asahina and the Farmer won't survive! My intuition is so right sometimes. But still,I feel way sadder than I expected to be for Asahina,even if her death was obvious incoming. To go though all that shit in DR1 and be a survivor,but now you get killed so early in this game.. That's too sad. Also,I kinda had the feel she won't be alive until the end because

White Togami will either turn into an asshole and survive (like original Toga) or fall into despair/be the traitor/be related to the traitor OR become a hope sacrifice and die.
ALSO I know it's one of DR's rules to not get attached to a character because they WILL DIE but I'm liking a lot of these losers and I bet they will die ugh my heart
steponmebakuraJul 18, 2016 9:04 AM
Jul 18, 2016 9:01 AM

Sep 2014

And the bracelets are giving me more Zero escape vibes, though mostly with Zero Time Dilemma than any other game
Next thing you know, they'll go back in time to prevent the tragedy from ever happening
Jul 18, 2016 9:02 AM

May 2014
I think Hagakure will be the savior for Naegi as Hagakure didn't use the bracelet and the attacker didn't found about it (if we look from episode 1).
Jul 18, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2016
baekhyun said:

And the bracelets are giving me more Zero escape vibes, though mostly with Zero Time Dilemma than any other game
Next thing you know, they'll go back in time to prevent the tragedy from ever happening

If time travel doesn't get involved I'll be surprised
Jul 18, 2016 9:03 AM

Jan 2016
https://my.mixtape.moe/krubsh.webm
ARRRGHHH
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
FragOutFireJul 18, 2016 9:11 AM
Jul 18, 2016 9:08 AM
Oct 2014
When someone said they "hated it", maybe because of Aoi and Bandai?
Jul 18, 2016 9:10 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah. this Death Game is way more screwed up than before, simply because it's almost impossible to tell who the killer is and you never know when you're going to die. Also, if all that needs to happen to survive is the chosen killer not killing anyone, surely it should be really easy to escape. Just don't kill anyone and you're all safe; heck, if Naegi's ever chosen, they've won (unless Monokuma makes it so that the killer has to kill or they die, which wouldn't remotely surprise me). Have to say that I didn't expect Asahina to die so soon, even if all that talk before they fell to sleep was such a massive death flag; if nothing else, it perhaps forces us and Naegi to adjust to these new characters and step out of our comfort zones.

I wonder how arbitrary and random everyone's forbidden actions are and if they'll cause anyone else to die a needless death.
Jul 18, 2016 9:12 AM

Aug 2012
Marina2 said:
SirMaddy said:

You don't really think they will use the same trick as the first game (First person who died = antagonist) right? I meant, they probably expected that all game fans/those who watched the first season will think like this and use it to distract us from the real antagonist.

Well it was the second death in the game.
Jul 18, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2016
CoolAnimeFan87 said:
Oqt said:

But...he could just reveal this? There's no voting, he can still kill people when they're asleep. No rules against saying you're the traitor.

I'm a bit confused by what you just said :P sorry
Jul 18, 2016 9:19 AM

Feb 2015
FragOutFire said:

not checking forbidden the forbidden actions immediately tho -> aw fuck! if kirigiri explained that revealing the forbidden action itself might be forbidden, then it's fine if people that want to disclose theirs to disclose theirs so that they don't die to something stupid.

They could just lie about it, I also suspect Chisa mostly because of the Despair Arc (all that class aside from we know who) turned into the Remnants of Despair, i could be likely that she was also "corrupted".

I find it strange that Yasuhiro didnt appear on the whole chapter...

I dont think that Juzo or Gozu are rather "obvious" culprits and the mystery wont be entertaining for the viewer...

Also they shouldnt make the "death flag" so obvious.

Now we wait till next week....
Jul 18, 2016 9:20 AM
Oct 2014
danieltortoisee said:
if Naegi's ever chosen, they've won (unless Monokuma makes it so that the killer has to kill or they die, which wouldn't remotely surprise me).

There's not different killers. There's one traitor. Not multiple. They will kill, nobody's "chosen", unless it's the victim who is chosen by the traitor.
Jul 18, 2016 9:21 AM

Apr 2010
Really Kodaka? Really?
Sakura's sacrificed is meaningless if She's dead.
Seriously goddammit!!
5/5 though
Oct 2014
Oqt said:
CoolAnimeFan87 said:

I'm a bit confused by what you just said :P sorry

Let's say AB is the killer. AB could just say "I'm the traitor" and still kill people.

Apr 2015
IrohaUtsugi said:
I think Hagakure will be the savior for Naegi as Hagakure didn't use the bracelet and the attacker didn't found about it (if we look from episode 1).

That actually makes sense because he is outside and doesnt even know what is going on , hope it will be true.
Jul 18, 2016 9:22 AM

Dec 2012
Seems like the traitor really hates Naegi lol, since they put blood on his hand to make him look suspicious even MORE,like it wasn't enough so many people wanted to kill him. Poor Naegs,it's like DR1's first case all over again but the false blaming keeps happening.
Jul 18, 2016 9:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well that just happened

sasuga Danganronpa-chan
Jul 18, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2015
I'll be mad for the lack of logic when they inevitably point at Naegi for this. Why would he kill Asahina when it would be obvious that he was the most likely culprit?! Of course everyone will suspect him though :/

Also I worry about Kirigiri, I get the feeling her forbidden reaction will fuck over Naegi somehow.

Also fav character RIP :(
Jul 18, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2013
So Aoi died the same way as Maizono. D:
Jul 18, 2016 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
If you know what I mean

Damn, I'm gonna need some Bananya after what just happened.

danieltortoisee said:
I wonder how arbitrary and random everyone's forbidden actions are and if they'll cause anyone else to die a needless death.
Ah yeah, I wonder that too.

Miaya said:
OH MY GOD WHY ASAHINA. I guess she couldnt survive two times. Let's pray for Kirigiri and Hagakure to survive , btw where is he tho ? Like he is alone outside and doesnt even know what is going on ?
For all I know he could end up as either the traitor or the savior

Miaya said:
Great Gozu seems a great ally but is also suspicious. And I hate that guy who wants to fight everyone.
Oqt said:
Not to mention he and Miaya are the only ones that are staying with Naegi and Asahina. Naegi is ruled out for obvious reasons, so it's most likely either of the two...

or at least that's what the script writers want us to think.

Maybe Hagakure the real traitor somewhat manages to get into Naegi and co's place and did the do. I mean,
SirMaddy said:
Too be fair, this is Kodaka, where everyone is going "NAH CAN'T BE THIS CHARACTER IT'S TOO OBVIOUS."

FragOutFire said:
baekhyun said:

If time travel doesn't get involved I'll be surprised
lolz

Lachlan4567 said:
Speculation is fun.
I know, right?!
This is why I fucking love Danganronpa xD
No seriously.
Jul 18, 2016 9:48 AM

Dec 2012
Asahina why did it have to be you? p.p
Jul 18, 2016 9:50 AM
Nov 2014
kawaii-despair said:
Seems like the traitor really hates Naegi lol, since they put blood on his hand to make him look suspicious even MORE,like it wasn't enough so many people wanted to kill him. Poor Naegs,it's like DR1's first case all over again but the false blaming keeps happening.
I believe it's Monaca/Miaya. She might really hate Naegi for killing Junko.
Jul 18, 2016 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
Right in the donuts

Interesting to see that cause of death is same as in OP, I was wondering why it wasn't something more in character like drowning.

still waiting for the Mitarai thing to start unraveling, seems too obvious to be the traitor though

Gekogahhara being monomi (probably) is a cool twist, lets them add another character we already know

Still no sight of true mastermind weedman :(
  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . Your ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ . ★
 * .  ☾ °  ¸. Anime* ● ¸  ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★
  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . Is  ° ☾ ★ ° .° ☾ ° ☾ °☆
● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★ Garbage :.  . • ○ ° ★
Jul 18, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
The traitor is Munakata, Kyousuke for sure

Jul 18, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2009
great episode somehow it was clear that someone of naegis friends gets killed but really sucks it was asahina dont trust the boxer and the white head at all
Jul 18, 2016 10:03 AM

Oct 2013
My poor Asahina-san ç_ç
This episode was soooo much better than the first one, very intense!
Now the hype for the next is real.
Jul 18, 2016 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
noooo. so much agitation... why did asahina die......
Jul 18, 2016 10:14 AM

Oct 2009
Was happy to see Usami appear, but why did they have to kill off my fav girl from S1 T^T

Well I guess she & Sakura can be together again now </3
Jul 18, 2016 10:19 AM

Sep 2011
FUUUUUUUUCK

when a character survives so much shit in a prequal only to die in a sequel it makes it all the more disheartening, im amazed kodaka killed asahina off though since she was apparently his favorite character in the original.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 18, 2016 10:19 AM

Jan 2016
now dreading every monday. thursdays are for fun, for now...

Despair on monday
Mindbreak soon on Thursday

T-thanks.
Jul 18, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2007
Damn they killed tits Mcgee
good episode, real colored blood and not some pick highlight liquid, unless i was watching some messed up censored version for kids where blood was Hersey strawberry syrup

Jul 18, 2016 10:21 AM

Sep 2009
I.. I think I'm gonna have a donut later as a tribute to Asahina ;_;
It hurts seeing one of the main cast being killed off after everything since DR1. Urgh.

Also, I think I can roughly guess Kirigiri's and Munakata's forbidden action somewhat.
Kirigiri looked pretty shocked when she checked her bracelet for her forbidden action. I thought she would be the first one to escape with Naegi but it turned out she remained in the conference room. And it showed her worrying about whether Naegi managed to escape safely. It's likely her forbidden action prevents her from being with him (probably because he would be too safe with her around). As for Munakata, he suddenly stopped chasing after Naegi's group after the door was shut. Not because he didn't want to, but maybe because he can't. Probably some forbidden action like not being allowed to open doors or retrieve his sword?
Jul 18, 2016 10:24 AM
Oct 2014
ibraheem234 said:
noooo. so much agitation... why did asahina die......

Technically, I expected her death. It was quite predictable that I wasn't even surprised. Hell, a character like her surviving would've been more surprising (or if Kirigiri was one killed early). After watching/playing previous anime/game I kinda figured.

Basically, there was no way none of Naegi's friends would have escaped this so I figured it would be the one that LOOKED the most "dispensable".
bkim999Jul 18, 2016 10:30 AM
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

473 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

285 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

281 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

234 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.