Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2010 1:43 PM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode, has things to learn :)
Goh'Dan
Apr 4, 2010 4:34 AM

Feb 2008
the owner should have known better than to send out an inexperienced performer. considering how willing he was to cancel Cinderella over an unprepared performer I find it strange that he'd put one in such a dangerous situation just to prevent the show from being canceled :/
I really wish they hadn't completely changed his personality to turn him into a total jackass :/

btw, grabbing the bar like she did at the end would probably not only fail to work but also injure her foot.
Apr 22, 2010 10:36 PM

Apr 2010
Nice little trick at the end but the owner I believe is a jackass and the guy who wanted to see it done should feel even worse for still asking to see it after Sora hurt herself. >:3

Jul 22, 2010 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
Wow... is Yuri like the russian response to superman or sth?
Well a typical episode in such series this one was... but the kung fu master really made it sth... thumbs up...
Aug 25, 2010 5:45 PM

Sep 2008
jacobpaige said:

I really wish they hadn't completely changed his personality to turn him into a total jackass :/

Yeah... At the beginning of this series, with the way the owner was introduced, I thought he would be a bit more playful and easygoing, and not be such a jerk. Weird how they changed him.

I don't know why, but I didn't like this episode so much. o_O I can't quite put my finger on why. It seemed like it happened too fast? And then... the characters... didn't seem to have quite as much depth as they used to? It seemed like they flipped from emotion to emotion too quickly. Gah I can't explain it at all. DX

Still... looking forward to the next episode - seems like Sora's debut as a leading character won't go as smoothly as hoped!
Jun 29, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
The owner is such a jerk. I thought he was cool in episode 1 :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 11, 2018 3:44 AM

Mar 2017
Much like in some previous episodes, the drama is a bit forced and artificial, the owner is a bit too much of a jackass, and the performances aren't very realistic... BUT Sora is such an awesome protagonist and the theme of perseverance really resonates with me! Sora is such a badass she can even bend physics to her will! I hope Sora will get the leading role, that would make for some interesting physical and psychological challenges. And she'd deserve it!

4/5
Jan 6, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2015
What the fuck was the kung-fu mental training LMAO.

Solid but a bit rushed PTSD episode after a bad jump, the biggest winner was Ken's character with his interactions with Sora.
Aug 1, 2019 3:57 PM

Oct 2012
Yuri EX-MACHINA. I feel like he's gonna be an ass later, but I can't help myself shipping him with Sora, ugh. And Ken is so nice too. Why, why do I like the quiet badass type? Why. Just fuck up already so I can hate you T_T
Mar 19, 2023 8:10 PM

Apr 2016
So silly yet so heartwarming, a little focus on Ken and a tiny bit from Yuri and his super speed but nothing from Layla, was expecting at least a comment or something.
Apr 25, 2023 6:28 AM
Oct 2021
The message about facing your fears step by step, starting easy and going further little by little, is very good. I'm a psychology graduate and that's what it's done in therapy for anxiety, phobias...
But the drama/conflicts of the episode is a bit forced and not really beliable. Don't they have more experienced workers? It's only Layla and the aprentices?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 24 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 4, 2010

7 by Safrichh »»
Feb 27, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 23 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

9 by Safrichh »»
Feb 11, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 22 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

13 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 42 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 15, 2010

5 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 34 Discussion

hirahira - Jan 11, 2009

13 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.