Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 18, 2016 10:12 AM

Jun 2013
the OP is nice and i don't why but i don't like his littlebrother must be his voice or something
Jul 18, 2016 8:20 PM
Aug 2015
So relaxing and the MC is best boy
The seiyuu is the same as Tsukki's which is gr8
Jul 19, 2016 2:22 AM

Mar 2013
I thought the kids were around 14/15yrs old or something, then it said they just graduated elementary school-- 12yr old kids?! O_o
Why don't anime kids ever look their age >.< (then again, maybe I'm comparing to my cousins who are 14yr old, and still below 5ft :p)
And besides, what did you expect from a snotty 12-yr old kid? He will most likely get some character development as he slowly matures.

Anyways, I like how this is a sports/slice-of-life mix-- its going to be more of a relaxing show, which I'm fine with. :)
KilikcliaJul 19, 2016 2:33 AM
Jul 19, 2016 2:35 AM

Jun 2013
I like the animation, it reminds me a little of Cross Game. I also like the OST, it's very beautiful.

Why are pitchers in Anime and manga always such assholes? Save for Ren Mihashi in Ookiku Furikabutte (おおきく振りかぶって) where Ren is a sweetheart and kind to his teammates.

I'm guessing Seiha has some life-threatening illness that prevents him from participating in strenuous activities including baseball.

Anyway, it's interesting that the light novel is about 15 years old or so before they finally decided to adapt it into an Anime. I guess they're running out of ideas and need to rely on older material that they chose to ignore before. I'm not complaining, I love sports Anime and manga and this is on my to-watch list.
臭い-
Jul 19, 2016 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Been a while since I've had a fix of baseball anime. This set a nice mood right off the bat, relaxing and there's an awkward yet organic feel to the characters. Although the one thing that kind of throws me off is how they all look and sound like high schoolers. Otherwise this feels like the right show for the right season.
Jul 20, 2016 5:26 AM

Nov 2015
The animation is lovely and the OP, too.
Seems to be a very relaxing show with a maybe generic MC but I like him.
The battle between the MC and Go was nice.
I am looking forward for this, has definitely a great potential.

5/5
Jul 22, 2016 2:09 PM

Mar 2008
This is my kind of anime. Looking forward to seeing more, the ED is also lovely
Jul 24, 2016 4:39 PM

Oct 2014
Plot: Okay, I don't get a thing.
- MC's pretty arrogant for a junior high-school.
- Seiha clearly has something about his health that caused the whole family to move in the first place.
- This Go guy is pretty optimistic about being in the Koushien. But with how the whole thing is told, I doubt that will be the main plot. (Main plot would resolves around the friendship of these three, yes?)

Hmm... should stay a bit to see what this thing actually is about.

Animation:
No offense, but: is this thing made using Boku Dake's remaining pocket money or something? ^^;
The screenplay clearly tries its best to avoid showing motions while keep telling the story properly.
Well, it's good enough for me.

Music: Decent. At the least it does its job of being a BGM.
Jul 25, 2016 6:49 AM
Feb 2009
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was good, the episode felt so natural and had a decent amount of realism to it.

I also really like what they did with the OP song to combine the watercolors and artwork style. There's the theme of baseball although it's more casual rather than competitive play. Of the main characters, I like Takumi so far and his chemistry with Gou is quite something. Looking to more, good start for the season.

I thought the dialogue was really dumb and acward. Cringed my way through it.
Jul 26, 2016 2:18 AM

Dec 2012
Baseball Anime = I pick up, duh.
Jul 31, 2016 11:14 PM

Nov 2015
Alright episode, I liked the OP it was nice.

Aug 1, 2016 3:36 PM

Jun 2008
I saw the live action seven years ago and I really liked the story then. I can remember very little of it, though, so excited to see the next episodes.

Uchiyama Kouki is always a big plus.
Aug 5, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2010
Great art, peaceful atmosphere, a setup with massive potential for development; what's not to like? If they incorporate enough baseball, just the right amount, this can easily be really good!
Looking forward to the weeks ahead
TKotarou said:
Baseball Anime = I pick up, duh.
This
Aug 7, 2016 6:35 PM

Jun 2015
I forgot that Tit was the name of a bird so when the dad said "that's a varied tit" I died a bit of laughter. Whoops.
I'm not a big sports person and this was a slow episode with a really rude MC so this episode was entirely boring for me. I like Seiha and Go though, they're nice.
Sep 16, 2016 9:43 PM

Dec 2015
Being a potential good player and having all the other children rely on him made this boy really full of himself. And he seems to have issues (with his mother?). At first, he seemed pretty happy to meet someone then is all aaggressive toward him. Can't he see anything outside competition in the game?

The poor Gô: already in a jûkû in his first year of junior higschool.

On the other hand, the hero has a very loud voice for his age and his (maybe) new friend is so big at only 12 years old (though I already met a few people like that)
4/5

(Starting reasons: Mochizuki directing and the fact it is based on a novel.
Rei_IIISep 16, 2016 9:47 PM
Sep 24, 2016 1:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
first episode nothing special, very comun. I wait this series enhance in the next episodes, because I really wanted to see it!! ...5/10.
Oct 17, 2016 5:37 AM

Jun 2011
In the first minute of the episode, I thought it was gonna be good, it looked promising, but oh boy how wrong was I.

This protagonist, everything is wrong about his attitude, good lord, it's gonna be a long road ahead, and I read the low score reviews, apparently this guy doesn't learn from his past mistakes at all. Future not looking bright for me..

About the writing, it felt clunky and weird, one scene doesn't transition smoothly into the next scene and drama just came out of nowhere, "edgy" as they put it. The protagonist also got (rightfully) mad at Gou, however his attitude is just that shitty, that he had to throw a dagger at Gou about his family situation, and the worst part about it is that the protagonist is actually serious about it. The whole Gou getting mad, and later asked to continue the practice session also felt unnatural, it felt like it's empty inside the head of these characters, I can't figure out their thought process.

I am also not a fan of those "showoff" moments, like Gou not letting the protagonist warm up a little more and slowly ease into his best form, or protagonist telling his dad off during dinner time, or protagonist's little bro saying that he aimed for the tree branch, or the little bro saying that his big bro is better as a mean to characterize his big bro.

The writing just feel so off with this show, like everything's there, but they don't 'click'.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 7, 2016 8:10 PM

Mar 2015
As I watch this, MAL's overall rating is 5.94. It's already clear why. MC is a dick!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 29, 2017 12:26 PM

Nov 2009
Not watched a Baseball show since Major which is amazing and this is erm.....something I guess....not a great first impression.
Oct 20, 2017 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
I would've like it better if they based on Chikage Yuniwa's design, but oh well. I can;t shake the Aldnoah feeling from the art.
Dec 12, 2019 6:41 AM

Oct 2015
So so start.

Harada is an asshole so far, and he's arrogant AF! How can you discourage your little brother like that, some big brother you are D face.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 1, 2021 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
Just decided myself to catch up this serie, it's been years I hold this up at 3 episodes.
But years laters, when I'm a bit more mature on VAs and all, I find Takumi's seiyuus way to mature, gosh he's a 12 yo boys, not a mysterious sexy man ?

Am I the only one bothered by the MC's voice ?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Battery Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2016

39 by baahsu »»
Dec 27, 2022 6:11 AM

Poll: » Battery Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2016

53 by baahsu »»
Dec 27, 2022 5:36 AM

Poll: » Battery Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2016

81 by baahsu »»
Dec 26, 2022 5:31 PM

Poll: » Battery Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

90 by Xie_lim15 »»
Mar 5, 2022 7:02 AM

» How does the novel end? [spoilers]

Segaco - Jan 4, 2021

1 by jjashael »»
Feb 28, 2021 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.