Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2016 1:04 AM

Jan 2015
moviegeek1111 said:
Nerlens said:
Wait, so when taki transfers into mitsuha's body for the first time, where did mitsuha's soul go? I mean when Taki transferred into her body and messed things up at school, where did Mitsuha's soul go? It wasn't until after that ceremony that Mitsuha's soul transferred into Taki's body for the first time.

Their souls switch bodies at the same time, also there are times when the movie only shows a single side of the story.

No, I mean the first time, near the start of the movie. Mitsuha wakes up and everyone tells her that she is acting normal that day. That was because Taki was in her body the day before that. But at that point, she hadn't been inside Taki's body yet. So where was her soul during that time?
Oct 4, 2016 1:30 AM
Mar 2016
Masterpiece, I hope will win every fucking award.
Oct 4, 2016 5:59 AM

Jul 2008
Are there currently any good fansub groups for this movie? :)
Oct 4, 2016 10:21 AM

Sep 2016
That was quite the disappointment.

I have rarely seen an anime that relies so heavily on plot convenience in its writing for dramatic effect.
Once you see through the smoke and mirros aka "pretty colors" the movie falls a bit apart on a fundamental level.
Oct 4, 2016 12:42 PM
Sep 2016
Nerlens said:
moviegeek1111 said:

Their souls switch bodies at the same time, also there are times when the movie only shows a single side of the story.

No, I mean the first time, near the start of the movie. Mitsuha wakes up and everyone tells her that she is acting normal that day. That was because Taki was in her body the day before that. But at that point, she hadn't been inside Taki's body yet. So where was her soul during that time?

After that first day of switch, Mitsuha makes a comment to her friends that she feels as though she dreamt about living a boy's life, implying that she did indeed switch.
Oct 4, 2016 12:50 PM

Oct 2015
checkdafool said:
Naruleach said:
I am just so glad we got a good ending. I'm so happy that Taki turned around at the last scene and asked if they had met before!

Omg yes. The fourth time they passed each other I was like no way he's not gonna blueball us again is he?!?! Then thankfully he turned around. So glad this didn't end like garden of words and 5 cm per second

Dude, the scene when they passed each other on the bridge in Tokyo after the comet strike, I was literally leaning forward, telling my TV that it better not end like 5 centimeters per second did. I had never been so distraught with a movie before.
Oct 4, 2016 2:04 PM

Mar 2015
Wonders truly do happen when 'A Comet appears'

Not the best Shinkai movie, but nontheless good. I really liked the use of setting and the music.

Okudera was simply lovely, very pretty design.
Oct 4, 2016 6:21 PM
Sep 2014
Why does this forum say Episode1 when there is no episode, but just a movie?
Oct 5, 2016 7:50 AM
Nov 2015
Choo99 said:
Why does this forum say Episode1 when there is no episode, but just a movie?

Thats just the way MAL displays movies (you can look it up yourself, its the same for all movies)
Oct 5, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
This was soooooooooooooooooo GOOD!!!
IDK how else to describe it!! I loved this movie and especially the OSTs!!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Oct 5, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2015
the best part is when he still grabbing her boobs even he crying lol
Oct 5, 2016 6:28 PM

Apr 2015
Copy pasta'd from my post on serebii cause I'm a lazy mofo.

"So I was looking through my subscription feed and I saw digibro upload a video on "your name", a really popular movie in japan as of recently. (And overseas apparently, if the MAL score is any indication.) I looked it up on tv tropes and saw it had to do with body swap, and I instantly became interested. I've always loved body swap stories, and to see a critically acclaimed (or at least well liked) movie with a director known for bittersweet stuff? Sign me up.

I watched it ...and well, my opinion of it wasn't particularly high. I still enjoyed it for its strengths, but due to the way the first 40-50 minutes sets itself up, I was really kind of wanting something else. I'll explain more in a spoiler tag, but I do recommend the movie regardless.

Oct 6, 2016 5:05 AM

Jun 2013
God damn hell I feel guilty for pirating this movie. F me.
This movie made me cry subconsciously for 1/4 of the movie. It so damn good! Goddammit this masterpiece.
GOD PLEASE GIVE ME AMNESIA!
I will fucking buy the Blu-ray when it's out
Oct 6, 2016 10:03 AM

Jul 2013
EmphaticPikachu said:

(edited out the rest because length)

i just wanted to say i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this! well, i mean, i thoroughly enjoyed the movie still and gave it a 10. but in terms of where i thought the story was heading... i honestly was expecting her to realise she was a lesbian, or maybe a trans man. both highly unlikely which is why i fought against the idea even if i felt like that scene was setting up something shocking

it was a cool movie but i felt like the concept could have just as easily gone a different way and presented something really deep and thought provoking, especially in a conservative society like japan

oh well
Oct 6, 2016 10:03 PM

Nov 2013
A mind-blowing experience! This is a film to be watched again and again, to be analyzed, studied, and hopefully its complex and fluid timeline, understood.

Can't wait for the Blu-ray to become available here in the US. Then I'm going to invite all of my friends over for a screening. This is a film everyone will enjoy!
Oct 7, 2016 7:22 AM

Apr 2015
fishpun said:
EmphaticPikachu said:

i just wanted to say i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this! well, i mean, i thoroughly enjoyed the movie still and gave it a 10. but in terms of where i thought the story was heading... i honestly was expecting her to realise she was a lesbian, or maybe a trans man. both highly unlikely which is why i fought against the idea even if i felt like that scene was setting up something shocking

it was a cool movie but i felt like the concept could have just as easily gone a different way and presented something really deep and thought provoking, especially in a conservative society like japan

oh well

As a transwoman myself, seeing a trans man would feel great; but I didn't expect that as there was only one scene of instance that would suggest it. (the wishing to be a boy), and even that seemed more of a lash out against the roles she was put into rather then any uncomfortableness with her body.

Still, I would have loved a drama like that, the implications of body swapping and what it does to your self image are something that intrigue me and why I love the genre in the first place. (Even if most series tend not to take it seriously)
EmphaticPikachuOct 7, 2016 7:26 AM
Oct 7, 2016 7:35 PM

Jul 2014
I saw the cover of this anime about a month ago on a website and it looked "okay". Last week I looked up the what the story was about. I didn't think much of it. Another one of those switch bodies stories right? ---

I saw it today finally. Let me tell you, I was wrong. The story had many hidden elements only discovered by the character development. Although I wish I had seen more, it was beautiful. I think I cried about 6-8 times throughout the movie.
The music really hit the heart.

It was a constant roller coaster of emotions from happy to sad, excited, anxious, etc. This is what an excellent movie should do. I really enjoyed this movie.
Oct 8, 2016 6:48 PM

May 2015
All these salty elitist rating this low just because it's #1. Pretty sad tbh.

Oct 9, 2016 6:39 AM
Oct 2016
The train of feels hit me pretty hard watching this one. I kinda lost it when
Oct 9, 2016 2:19 PM

Feb 2013
Great.
This film was definitely influenced by Studio Ghibli.
When Mizuha (Taki) is with the sister and grandma going to the god place, theres a part where the sister jumps on a rock in the middle of a stream.
Reminded me of Spirited Away.

Then theres the part where Taki himself goes to the god place and immerses himself in the water to get in, reminiscent of Princess Mononoke.

Personally I think the hype got to me because i expected more.
It was very good, but I expected more.
Maybe its because of the meh-tier quality.
Ill watch it again when the good version comes out.

I really like this style of animation though.
Oct 9, 2016 3:46 PM
Dec 2014
Man that was so much better than I expected. I just watched it for the first time and I wanna watch it again like rn
Oct 9, 2016 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
LOVED IT! Definitely going to rewatch this for more confirmation of what happened and for a better quality version!^^
Oct 12, 2016 3:33 AM
Oct 2016
Is this as good as shigatsu wa kimi no uso? or is it as good as wolf children? Wolf children is the best movie i have ever seen, and i would like to know how to by Your Name and if its as good as it
Oct 12, 2016 7:47 AM

Aug 2015
BelgiumWaffl said:
Is this as good as shigatsu wa kimi no uso? or is it as good as wolf children? Wolf children is the best movie i have ever seen, and i would like to know how to by Your Name and if its as good as it

"Your name" is very bad, is full of inconsistencies, everything is too convenient and meaningless. The only good thing it offers is the animation and sound.

If you compare it with Shigatsu and Wolf Children, I think they are at the same level, good art but bad story and characters.
Oct 12, 2016 8:37 AM

May 2016
fishpun said:
EmphaticPikachu said:

oh well

Lol I think you read too much into the part where Mitsuha wishes she was a Tokyo boy. I'm pretty sure she only specified "boy" because she'd had a "dream" where she was in the body of a Tokyo boy, and just enjoyed the life of being in Tokyo more than being out in the boonies. I never thought for even a second that this movie had any transgender vibes..

Someone probably mentioned this before in the thread, but it was pretty clear from the beginning that Mitsuha and Taki are soulmates. They had the whole red string of fate going on with her hairband after all.
Oct 12, 2016 10:41 AM
Mar 2016
FuryTank said:
BelgiumWaffl said:

"Your name" is very bad, is full of inconsistencies, everything is too convenient and meaningless. The only good thing it offers is the animation and sound.

If you compare it with Shigatsu and Wolf Children, I think they are at the same level, good art but bad story and characters.

are you kidding right? I saw the movie twice and the movie is perfectly structured, with a good telltale story. About the other movies, are ok, but kimi no na wa have another level.

If you don't believe me just ask to the people who watch this movie, everyone will love it, except the ultra critics (they actualy dont know a shit about art and scripts xd).
Oct 12, 2016 3:39 PM

Feb 2013
One of the best movies, anime or live action, I've watched in a while. I can't wait for the blu-ray, definite re-watch!
Oct 12, 2016 6:25 PM

Nov 2008
Kittens-kun said:

They are going to come in droves now as this is the tallest poppy anyone can cut down. Some will see the rating and put on their thick, "stylish" spectacles and with a wry judgmental smile across their lips that doesn't disappear throughout the whole movie, let the world know the second the credits roll just how virtuous they are:

"You are all sheep who clearly lack my superior judgment of quality, poor little souls. This is clearly a 1/10, so many cliches and abusive use of plot devices and tropes. Disgusting movie, Ghost in The Shell is the standard bearer of a 10/10 this movie is childish garbage. Excuse me while I re-watch Ghost in The Shell to clean myself of this filth. Did I mention how deep and meaningful Ghost in The Shell is?"

Then you will have the people that only watch 10 seconds of the trailer and see the infinite trolling fun that can potentially be had.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Oct 12, 2016 11:47 PM

Aug 2015
Swiftstylez said:
Kittens-kun said:

They are going to come in droves now as this is the tallest poppy anyone can cut down. Some will see the rating and put on their thick, "stylish" spectacles and with a wry judgmental smile across their lips that doesn't disappear throughout the whole movie, let the world know the second the credits roll just how virtuous they are:

"You are all sheep who clearly lack my superior judgment of quality, poor little souls. This is clearly a 1/10, so many cliches and abusive use of plot devices and tropes. Disgusting movie, Ghost in The Shell is the standard bearer of a 10/10 this movie is childish garbage. Excuse me while I re-watch Ghost in The Shell to clean myself of this filth. Did I mention how deep and meaningful Ghost in The Shell is?"

Then you will have the people that only watch 10 seconds of the trailer and see the infinite trolling fun that can potentially be had.

I think Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and Texhnolyze are more likely to be bandied around like that.

Other than that I think you described someone like TAS perfectly.
Oct 13, 2016 12:22 AM

Nov 2008
TheKillerAngel said:

I think Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and Texhnolyze are more likely to be bandied around like that.

Kids these days *snorts*
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Oct 15, 2016 5:08 AM

Jan 2015
BelgiumWaffl said:
Have you seen The Boy and the Beast? That's a beautiful film by the creator of Wolf Children. In my opinion, it's even better.
Oct 15, 2016 11:09 AM
Jan 2016
I have a question tho. How does Mitsuha's father know that Taki inside Mitsuha's body wasn't Mitsuha? Was it because he's Mitsuha's mother's soulmate and he also experienced the body-swap-thing?
Oct 15, 2016 7:46 PM
Apr 2016
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-10-14/makoto-shinkai-denies-plans-to-work-for-ghibli/.107670

Humble words again.
It would be great that people could stop comparing him with Miyazaki.

The same thing goes for the comparison between KnNw and Koe no Katachi.
Different themes, characters and story.
Oct 15, 2016 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
I liked it but I need to rewatch it to understand it better.
Oct 15, 2016 8:42 PM

Aug 2015
ZtifDlareg said:
I have a question tho. How does Mitsuha's father know that Taki inside Mitsuha's body wasn't Mitsuha? Was it because he's Mitsuha's mother's soulmate and he also experienced the body-swap-thing?

Ehh, I think it had more to do with Mitsuha's personality being mismatched with her actions. Mitsuha would never grab her dad by the collar and call him a son of a bitch, so he just was really shocked by that.
Oct 17, 2016 5:33 AM

Apr 2015
Guys why is yukino from garden of words credited in this? :o
Oct 17, 2016 6:07 AM
Nov 2015
Raz1515 said:
Guys why is yukino from garden of words credited in this? :o

Same director, its a little reference to his other movie
Oct 17, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
Can anyone tell me why this movie is so good? I've written my review of it, but with people praising it so much, I'm not sure if I missed something about it.

i thought the plot was lackluster and inconsistent. no explanations, why did anything happen in this movie? why the amnesia? why the body switch? did the body switch actually happen or were they just dreaming? wth was the deal with the grandma and mitsuha's family? do fathers actually think their daughters body switch or become a different person or are impersonators when they call him a bitch? what happened off screen to avert the disaster, exactly? why and how did they meet cutting across different timelines on top of that..place? how did they suddenly regain the ability to body swap? did that sake have some magic power? no explanations at all, but sake is magic? on that matter, why would anyone help with a ridiculous plan like that in the first place, unless as a prank, and mitsuha's friends didn't seem to treat it as a prank anyway? what was the point of having amnesia and then that deja vu effect in the first place?

And even if I were to think the director's intent was to give a more emotive experience, the characters were still bland, with no particular personality or aspirations to speak of and the romance was shoe horned in.

not trying to be an ass or anything, i genuinely don't understand why this movie is so highly rated. explanations please?
DeigerOct 17, 2016 12:59 PM
- My creativity is plummeting. -
Oct 17, 2016 3:23 PM

Aug 2015
Deiger said:
Can anyone tell me why this movie is so good? I've written my review of it, but with people praising it so much, I'm not sure if I missed something about it.

I think there are some things you missed due to cultural unfamiliarity. While this film does speak to a lot of people on an emotional level, there are specific cultural elements which could be lost in translation.
i thought the plot was lackluster and inconsistent. no explanations, why did anything happen in this movie? why the amnesia?

Why the amnesia? To prevent a time paradox. Mitsuha and Taki exist in different timelines and you cannot have memories of a person who died before you met them. The universe tries to correct itself, and attempts to erase evidence of their past encounters when they return to their own timelines. They only physically meet during and after kataware doki, the point of supernatural occurences when their timelines converge.
why the body switch? did the body switch actually happen or were they just dreaming?

The body swap is a supernatural element and you have to accept it prima facie; there is no “explanation” for it nor does the film need one. And yes, it actually happened and was not a dream (I thought that was pretty clear).
wth was the deal with the grandma and mitsuha's family?

What about them? Mitsuha’s mother is dead and I think she used to be a shrine maiden or priestess, which is a tradition carried down through her bloodline.
do fathers actually think their daughters body switch or become a different person or are impersonators when they call him a bitch?

I don’t think he ever thought “she” was not his daughter; “who are you?” was a rhetorical question calling her out since her behavior was such a departure from what he expected of his own daughter.
what happened off screen to avert the disaster, exactly?

With some convincing, the townspeople managed to move to the school, outside the impact area. The comet still annihilated most of the village.
why and how did they meet cutting across different timelines on top of that..place?

In Japanese superstition, the time between dawn and twilight is considered a period when strange or supernatural events occur; this is referenced through the discussion of kataware doki.
how did they suddenly regain the ability to body swap? did that sake have some magic power? no explanations at all, but sake is magic?

Kuchikame sake has some special significance in Japanese culture; since it is fermented with the saliva of virgin shrine maidens you could say it has their spiritual essence and contains their personhood. The final body swap was caused by the sake linking the two destined people’s essences together.
on that matter, why would anyone help with a ridiculous plan like that in the first place, unless as a prank, and mitsuha's friends didn't seem to treat it as a prank anyway?

Because they’re her close friends, who trust her and might still give her the benefit of the doubt in spite of what she’s saying sounding bat-shit crazy.
what was the point of having amnesia and then that deja vu effect in the first place?

Again, to prevent a time paradox. The two communicate through supernatural means, but by the laws of the universe they should never have met. There are several timelines (I can reconstruct a detailed plot diagram when I see the film again, its been 3+ months since I saw it at AX), but in Mitsuha’s primary timeline, she has not yet met Taki; in Taki’s primary timeline, Mitsuha is dead. Only after their timelines merge can they form new memories of each other that will be retained, but none of their past encounters exist in the history of that timeline.
And even if I were to think the director's intent was to give a more emotive experience, the characters were still bland, with no particular personality or aspirations to speak of and the romance was shoe horned in.

I disagree. While the characters weren’t larger than life or memorable in the way someone like Senjougahara Hitagi spits savage zingers every other sentence, they were realistic. Mitsuha aspires to live a more cultured and interesting life in the city, and wants to get out of the boondocks where she’s stuck as a shrine maiden. She’s a little mischievous and likes going all-in, evidenced by her initiative in meddling with Taki’s personal life and squandering his money on “living it up” in Tokyo.

Taki is artistically inclined and has visions of becoming an architect of some sort, and he’s a bit shy and indecisive when it comes to interacting with his female peers. But he’s a kind person and puts the bullies in Mitsuha’s school in their place when he takes over her body. He is more bold and reckless than Mitsuha, evidenced by his lack of fucks given over some of his actions while in school using her body.
not trying to be an ass or anything, i genuinely don't understand why this movie is so highly rated. explanations please?

Not every film can touch every person, so I’ll give some common reasons:
- It’s funny. The comedy in the first half with the body swap hijinks is pretty well executed, with subtle things like the mismatched verbal and body language being expressed in a believable way.
- The characters are relatable. They aren’t larger than life, but their lives are more relatable on a personal level to the average viewer than say, that of Yang Wen-Li.
- The plot is engaging. After being invested in the characters, we want to see what will happen to them, especially after the second half, which is tense and emotional.
- The twist is unexpected. Mitsuha being dead because after town was annihilated by meteor strike? I doubt people saw that coming.
- The ending, while bittersweet, is fulfilling enough for viewers. In a way it’s an anti 5-cm/sec.
If you didn’t like the movie, then that’s just that. No film can be perfect and have 100% of viewers love it.
TheKillerAngelOct 17, 2016 6:12 PM
Oct 19, 2016 2:28 AM

May 2012
Can't stop the tears.. i love the ending and that perfect song to pair it. i don't get it at first but overall, it was really good.
Oct 19, 2016 11:09 PM

Jul 2012
This was a lot better than i thought it'd be. I loved the strong and fun beginning, and everything felt pretty well executed, paced, and explained. And since i'm a huge sucker for romance, this got me in the feels quite a lot. Didn't have anything i hated or that annoyed me neither which is a huge plus.

I rarely notice good or bad animation since i'm usually never focused on it but i'll have to rewatch this once a movie rip comes out for the full experience and i'll be sure to not watch this at work which is what i did for this watch lol.

9/10
Oct 19, 2016 11:56 PM

Jul 2013
What if...

Oct 22, 2016 1:25 AM

Oct 2012
Deiger said:

i thought the plot was lackluster and inconsistent. no explanations, why did anything happen in this movie? why the amnesia? why the body switch? did the body switch actually happen or were they just dreaming? wth was the deal with the grandma and mitsuha's family? do fathers actually think their daughters body switch or become a different person or are impersonators when they call him a bitch? what happened off screen to avert the disaster, exactly? why and how did they meet cutting across different timelines on top of that..place? how did they suddenly regain the ability to body swap? did that sake have some magic power? no explanations at all, but sake is magic? on that matter, why would anyone help with a ridiculous plan like that in the first place, unless as a prank, and mitsuha's friends didn't seem to treat it as a prank anyway? what was the point of having amnesia and then that deja vu effect in the first place?

I feel like you're watching this movie in a very mechanical way. It's not hard to critique a show based on logical flaws, but let's be honest, a movie that has no plot holes doesn't automatically make it a good movie. A movie aims to give the audience a desired experience, and story, characters, art, animation and sound all play a part in it. I feel people really undervalue art/animation and sound. The way you express it, this movie is simply just a flawed story with good art; however, I'd say the art, animation, sound and overall directing all equally help in delivering a beautiful movie. On top of that, although not perfect, the story and characters were engaging, and structured in a way that allowed more emphasis on its visual and audio strengths, overall presenting a good experience.

Based on your review, it sounds like this movie just isn't for you; and that's not your fault. You just value certain aspects more than others. Although, considering the success of this movie, it's pretty clear that the director succeeded in what he was aiming for with his audience. For my personal thoughts, I thought this movie was beautiful, and honestly delivered one of the best experiences I've had in a long time.
AnimeHAwk616Oct 22, 2016 1:29 AM
Oct 22, 2016 2:52 AM
Apr 2015
Watched this in London BFI film festival, in a awesome built cinema in the embankment gardens. Watching this with dolby surround sound and HD quality projector just made it million times better. I liked the way this film was different from his other films, story wise being more engaging to a wider audience. But I really did like it giving me that warm fuzzy feeling. I'm proud to say my first anime watched on the big screen.
Who else saw it at the London BFI?
Oct 22, 2016 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
This movie was just beautiful. I still have tears in my eyes. The first half was really funny to watch and the end was good. I'm so glad they met again even if they can't remember. :-) Definitely worth watching.
Oct 23, 2016 8:00 AM

Jun 2012
Just saw it in theatre in Japan and wow, just wow. A funny first half, a really emotional and tense second half. The music was really nice. The animation itself was really good. Went there with a couple friends and everyone really got into it. Glad I got to see it on the big screen, it really was something more than enjoyable.
Oct 23, 2016 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
A movie that starts strong and only gets weaker as time passed and ended up being quite average.

The biggest problem is the beginning really only focused on Mizuha but not at all on Taki, so both his character is bland and his feelings for her are unbelievable. In fact their feelings for each other came across as incredibly forced, especially towards the end. I imagine its difficult to establish natural feelings due to the plot gimmick, but honestly it was because the movie was too excited to get the big plot twist out of the way so early. If more time was focused on building the budding relationship between the two, instead of lazily allowing a montage to do all the work for them, then perhaps this could have actually been a half decent movie.

As such I found myself incredibly disengaged with the second half. Taki's desperation did not resonate with me because I didn't feel like the movie had established why he should feel so strongly. If anything it felt more like Taki was a self-insert character, because the only reason to buy his actions is because that's how the audience watching would feel about Mizuha as well (maybe). If anything I could imagine Taki getting attached to the village before her considering those are the people he actually gets to directly interact with, but of course this is mostly glossed over in favor the romance. Also the plot gimmick is used to forcefully to incorporate irrelevant drama.

Also the last portion of the movie is just utter crap. The director far too forcibly tried to convince us the characters loved each other despite the dramatic situation of the
being far more relevant to the situation at hand. It made the characters seem one dimensional and unbelievable.

Basically I liked this better when it was called Steins;Gate. This film felt like it was being...overambitious for the running time allowed or simply did not use its time wisely. Granted I still don't think Makato Shinkai has made anything that good in the first place but meh.
hyperknees91Oct 23, 2016 8:59 AM
Oct 23, 2016 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
didn't make me hate train like 5 Centimeters Per Second . 10/10
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Oct 25, 2016 9:45 PM

Dec 2013
Astonishing visual and music as always, the first half of the movie were so enjoyable, I liked how the character interaction goes. However the second half was terible, it's defying too many common logic (which should be a standard too in this anime), sometimes it felt so out place or even hindering many developments. The drama feels so forced it's like they tell you to cry when you barely able to grasp anything, which imo is a bad thing. Too many plot holes the whole movie can be called one.

>I pity you for watching a rip version!
I watched it in jp 3 days after its premiere, the rip version is for the sake of rewatching with friends

>Gtfo Shinkai hater
I own most of his works and planned to POed KnNw too.
Oct 26, 2016 11:13 AM

Feb 2010
can anyone explain me the scene where
because of this cant decide how to rate movie
SlayMagicalOct 26, 2016 11:17 AM
Pages (28) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

» How? ( 1 2 )

phantomgamer098 - Jul 18, 2023

50 by cl3dson »»
Nov 19, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.