Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 9:08 PM

Jun 2015
Orange is airing on Amazon on Saturdays at 00:00 JST, which is 25 hours before its TV broadcast. Crunchyroll apparently holds the same rights as well, which is lucky for us since we get to see it earlier. Just to clear up any confusion.

I really loved the first episode; I couldn't stop smiling throughout it all. The only issue I had was when Naho was reading the letters and it was silent. It would be great if there was some voiceover there, otherwise it's kind of awkward. And Kakeru's weird smile bugged me, but then I realized that's how the mangaka draws the smiles in the manga. Nonetheless, great episode overall.
Jul 2, 2016 9:09 PM

Jul 2014
One of the best first episodes this seasons thus far imo.

I love me some drama/romance and from all the praise that I heard it getting from manga readers I can only hope that TMS will do a great job. From the VA's that they use (one of my favorites aka Kana Hanazawa as the MC) to the beautiful OST this was quite an amazing episode..the premise hooked me instantly having not read the synopsis.

I really enjoyed ReLIFE and it seems they got way more budget for this one so I can't wait to see more of it.
Jul 2, 2016 9:10 PM

Jan 2015
That "walking home" montage was great.

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is actually happening. Maybe I'll be able to form more substantial comments later.
Jul 2, 2016 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was a very enjoyable start to this anime, I wasn't originally planning on watching it but decided to anyway as I was recommended the manga by a good friend and was planning on reading it sooner or later.
It seems to have an actual plot (time travel?) other than just romance, unlike most shoujo manga/anime that I'm familiar with. I feel like the show will get sad towards the end. The characters seem likeable, it's only the first episode so I don't really have a favourite yet.
The music was good, but it wasn't fitting at times (for example, the scene when they were running around the town(?) and the beginning of the softball scene- however with the softball scene the music started to fit halfway throughout that). The animation was decent and the style was similar to most shoujo manga (what I presume is the original style used in the manga) so I'll have to get used to it.
..Then again, I haven't read the manga yet so I don't know if this is actually a good adaption.

7/10 (voted 4/5 stars)
Jul 2, 2016 9:15 PM

Feb 2015
Good first episode, what´s the mistery behind Kakeru?.

I have to say that the animation and the OST is great, what a backgrounds and modern city designs
Jul 2, 2016 9:32 PM

Jul 2014
So far, this adaptation is living up to the charm and heartwarminess of the manga.
Jul 2, 2016 9:35 PM
Sep 2015
Can anyone explain to me why the fuck she did not read the entire letter the first chance she got? "Oh, Kakeru hasn't shown up to school for two weeks now, maybe I should check to see if the letter has anything to say about this" - just want kind of insane plot induced stupidity is this?

Please tell me if it just keeps going like this, where you have to turn off your brain in service of feels.....
Jul 2, 2016 9:37 PM

Jul 2011
I bet that just like in ERASED! they are never going to explain how the letter traveled into the past. Same way how Satoru's Revival was never explained.

Expectations : Low
Jul 2, 2016 9:55 PM

Apr 2014
The only thing that bothered me was that there were no oranges in this episode

I have high expectations for next week

Jul 2, 2016 10:10 PM

Mar 2014
natsu791 said:
After i finished ReLife, everything else seem inferior =/

What are you referring to? The anime or the manga?
Jul 2, 2016 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
Extreme3708 said:
I bet that just like in ERASED! they are never going to explain how the letter traveled into the past. Same way how Satoru's Revival was never explained.

Expectations : Low

LITTLE SPOILER :
Jul 2, 2016 10:17 PM

Apr 2015
It's finally here... the one manga that I've always wanted to get an animated series... I'm happy about how it turned out. It's really good to here these characters come alive, my favourite manga. I'm really looking forward to the next episodes that come out for Orange :D
Jul 2, 2016 10:29 PM

Aug 2015
I'm really curious about what caused Kakeru's death... I don't watch too much slice of life, so I hope this one has more excitement and mystery.
The scenery art is beautiful. The style of drawing mouths will take a little to get used to though.
Jul 2, 2016 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
Interesting first episode for sure, I didn't read the manga but the anime seems promising. However, the first episode presents cliche.
Jul 2, 2016 10:38 PM

Dec 2014
Genki Girl x Megane bro OTP!!! <3

And i cant properly update my list... Hmmm, oh well
Jul 2, 2016 10:48 PM
May 2016
OrangeJP said:
The only thing that bothered me was that there were no oranges in this episode

I have high expectations for next week

this made me laugh XD
Jul 2, 2016 10:48 PM
Sep 2015
Ziale said:
I'm really curious about what caused Kakeru's death...

It's gotta be something unavoidable, like a terminal illness he already has, otherwise why wouldn't future MC send more details than "watch over him"? Then again, this is the same girl who didn't read past the first page of the letter for two weeks so even a 5 year old's level of common sense is probably way beyond her.
Jul 2, 2016 10:50 PM
May 2016
Naho looks like Futaba, Kakeru looks like Kou and Azu looks like the girl in Death Parade.
Jul 2, 2016 10:52 PM

Jul 2014
First episode and I'm already worried :/

Anyway, I enjoyed this start.
Jul 2, 2016 10:58 PM

Jun 2015
Awesome episode. It looks promising. Hopefully it will not be same as ERASED!
Jul 2, 2016 10:58 PM

Oct 2014
I'm not into shoujo manga and never read one/watch any adaptation, but this one seemed interesting. But the first episode is... fully unengaging for me. Hope that in the next episodes I will empathize at least someone
Jul 2, 2016 10:59 PM

Sep 2011
kalinime said:
Ziale said:

It's gotta be something unavoidable, like a terminal illness he already has, otherwise why wouldn't future MC send more details than "watch over him"? Then again, this is the same girl who didn't read past the first page of the letter for two weeks so even a 5 year old's level of common sense is probably way beyond her.
I doubt it. As an anime only viewer, this guy looks depressed as shit. Throughout the whole episode he was depressed. Only times when he was shown talking with the group was he a bit happy and shot. Personally, I don't think it's an illness, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.
Jul 2, 2016 11:00 PM
Apr 2016
Considering the Manga...this is a great adaption totally loved it!!!
If u haven't watched Clannad after story ,Your lie in April,Toradora,Angel Beats,FMAB,Steins gate...go watch them first.....
Jul 2, 2016 11:03 PM

Aug 2015
kalinime said:
Ziale said:

That's a good point... I automatically assumed a murder mystery/conspiracy because of all the other time travel anime.
The dragging on of one simple letter is quite annoying, I agree.

Tyrel said:
kalinime said:

I doubt it. As an anime only viewer, this guy looks depressed as shit. Throughout the whole episode he was depressed. Only times when he was shown talking with the group was he a bit happy and shot. Personally, I don't think it's an illness, but who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

You mean a suicide? That would be interesting as well.
TyrelJul 2, 2016 11:07 PM
Jul 2, 2016 11:07 PM

Sep 2011
Ziale said:
Tyrel said:

You mean a suicide? That would be interesting as well.
Yeah, that's what I'm assuming. The guy just feels totally down all the time that it seems the most logical conclusion for me. But hey, I've been wrong before. Tbh, a suicide would be more interesting than compared to say an illness in terms to him dying.
Jul 2, 2016 11:07 PM
Jun 2016
was good, definitely keep watching this anime.
Jul 2, 2016 11:12 PM

Sep 2008
Ladies and gentlemen, be sure to grab your tissues and prepare to board THE FEELS TRAIN.

Can't wait for the whole story to get animated! Such a good start <3

*^*Random Rant*^*
Jul 2, 2016 11:26 PM

Apr 2013
I honestly thought the pacing was way too quick, unless they're trying to rush in everything from the manga to the anime, I think they need to work on this.

Other than that, I have some issues with knowing events that MIGHT happen in the future. I mean, I already feel saddened that Kakeru is going to DIE somehow, and there's going to be a storm of feels heading my way. Also, interesting to see the romance being set up from the very first episode.

Anyways, whose child was that in the end?
Jul 2, 2016 11:35 PM
Sep 2015
Tyrel said:
kalinime said:

If you knew you were going to die in a few months or years, and there was nothing you or anyone else could do about it, wouldn't you be depressed as well?
Jul 2, 2016 11:43 PM

Mar 2016
That was really good. The animation, art, music style were all on point. Great premiere :D

Jul 2, 2016 11:45 PM

Sep 2011
kalinime said:
Tyrel said:

If you knew you were going to die in a few months or years, and there was nothing you or anyone else could do about it, wouldn't you be depressed as well?
I've known people that've been like that. Can't say I'd be the same, but the people I've heard about who've had terminal illnesses and only have a few months and or years to live were still cheerful in real life trying to enjoy the most of it. Depression in most cases leads to suicides.

"One day, Naho Takamiya receives a letter written to herself from ten years in the future." This line here also gives us some sort of hint of either Time Travel/Story going back to the beginning if something happens (I think). If it honestly was an illness, this wouldn't be the case. You don't 'save' someone from an illness and the whole driving point of the show wouldn't make much sense if that were the case because the character has a set period of when he'll die by the illness. Say he died from the illness on November 20th, he'd die the same day each time. You don't change events of an illness. Now, if that were the case, that'd be stupid tbfh. I see it more logically as a suicide, accident, etc. Suicides + Accidents can be prevented. Say, by inviting someone to go with you, to do this and that instead of said person being alone where this can happen. Obviously, they can still happen, but it's unlikely he'd do that in front of his friends, right...?

Just my two cents here.

Vita_Aeterna said:
I honestly thought the pacing was way too quick, unless they're trying to rush in everything from the manga to the anime, I think they need to work on this.

Other than that, I have some issues with knowing events that MIGHT happen in the future. I mean, I already feel saddened that Kakeru is going to DIE somehow, and there's going to be a storm of feels heading my way. Also, interesting to see the romance being set up from the very first episode.

Wouldn't it be the guy she was with child? Doubt it's Kakeru lol.
TyrelJul 2, 2016 11:58 PM
Jul 2, 2016 11:47 PM

Jan 2015
Hhmm, so the story goes back just like the synopsis said. I don't know about the Manga version but the art for the anime seems fine for now, I guess.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 2, 2016 11:52 PM
Jul 2015
Weird that this came out so early. Not huge on the artstyle, and the plot seems really weird and like it'll have a lot of holes in it, but looking forward to seeing a few episodes to see how stuff goes through
Jul 2, 2016 11:54 PM

Dec 2014
ok that was overwelming.. let's see whether it will be a good watch or not
Jul 2, 2016 11:57 PM

Mar 2011
Hooked.

Oh woah, i am such a sucker for show like these :S
Jul 3, 2016 12:04 AM

Dec 2012
Ragna92 said:
So from my understanding there are two timelines. If she saves Kakeru in this timeline would it make any difference in the future timeline.... I have a feeling no matter what she does things will end up the same.

Stop spoiling wtf

Jul 3, 2016 12:05 AM

Apr 2013
Tyrel said:
kalinime said:

I've known people that've been like that. Can't say I'd be the same, but the people I've heard about who've had terminal illnesses and only have a few months and or years to live were still cheerful in real life trying to enjoy the most of it. Depression in most cases leads to suicides.

"One day, Naho Takamiya receives a letter written to herself from ten years in the future." This line here also gives us some sort of hint of either Time Travel/Story going back to the beginning if something happens (I think). If it honestly was an illness, this wouldn't be the case. You don't 'save' someone from an illness and the whole driving point of the show wouldn't make much sense if that were the case because the character has a set period of when he'll die by the illness. Say he died from the illness on November 20th, he'd die the same day each time. You don't change events of an illness. Now, if that were the case, that'd be stupid tbfh. I see it more logically as a suicide, accident, etc. Suicides + Accidents can be prevented. Say, by inviting someone to go with you, to do this and that instead of said person being alone where this can happen. Obviously, they can still happen, but it's unlikely he'd do that in front of his friends, right...?

Just my two cents here.

Vita_Aeterna said:

Oh really? I mean I kinda half-hoped it was just them as friends 10 years later, the orange-haired dude brings his child with him, signifying he is married (not necessarily with the fem protagonist) but I guess this makes the story even more interesting. So Naho bears child with her new love but still remember her first love? Shit feels kind of feelsy already.

So I suppose all Naho needs to do is follow the paper from the future and she can save him, in sacrifice of having to constantly be worried and saving regret?
Jul 3, 2016 12:07 AM

Dec 2015
This reminds me of AnoHana, its just giving me those type of vibes for some reason. Either way, first episode was really goof. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for next week. Its going to be a long wait for me :(.. The only issue I have as of now is that on the letter why didn't she write to herself that if she doesn't follow these requests then there will be a tragedy (like when it said not to invite him). She could have wrote herself when she wrote not to write him that she falls in love with him and there will be a tragedy to occur if she doesn't follow it from start to finish. It makes me wonder what sort of flag was brought up when she ignored the not to invite him message. Just a minor gripe I have with it now.

Anyways 4.5/5 for this episode.

I am very impressed with this seasons anime releases so far. There's Shougeki no Souma, Rewrite, Orange, Berserk (not the greatest due to major flaws, but still looking forward to it), and Relife.

I am looking forward to Planetarian, Kimi no na wa,Tales of Zestria X (hopefully this will be a good fantasy anime), Fukigen na Monokean, and Danganropa 3 as well.

@Ziale

I think it has something to do with suicide as well, but who knows maybe he is killed, or maybe he has a terminal illness. Something does seem off about him kind of like he is down, so I will stick with my suicide theory for now. He could be depressed because he is terminally ill and he kills himself or maybe he just kills himself for the sake of extreme depression. I honestly don't think he will be murdered though, seems to dark for this series, so it will probably be the other two options above or a mixture of both.

@Vita_Aeterna

I think the child is hers and the guy in the group with the glasses and orange hair.
CejaraJul 3, 2016 12:12 AM
Jul 3, 2016 12:09 AM

Sep 2011
Vita_Aeterna said:
Tyrel said:

Just my two cents here.

Oh really? I mean I kinda half-hoped it was just them as friends 10 years later, the orange-haired dude brings his child with him, signifying he is married (not necessarily with the fem protagonist) but I guess this makes the story even more interesting. So Naho bears child with her new love but still remember her first love? Shit feels kind of feelsy already.

So I suppose all Naho needs to do is follow the paper from the future and she can save him, in sacrifice of having to constantly be worried and saving regret?
I'm just guessing like you :P
Jul 3, 2016 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
Animation wise its great. Some strange direction and cuts.
I just don't buy the character interactions a lot of the time. They feel boring and uninteresting.
Also don't like how nonchalant and incurious/unquestioning Naho is to the letter. She comes across as boring herself.
Jul 3, 2016 12:25 AM

Jun 2012
not bad, a bit abrupt though.

a bit wooden during some convos, and shallow character impressions

if they don't drop the ball, it'll at least be acceptable
Jul 3, 2016 12:44 AM
Nov 2013
Best first episode by far. Adaption wise, it was very well done, and the visuals are beautiful to boot. Really like the voices they picked for the characters, especially KanaHana as Naho.

Definitely going to be my AOTS. Get ready for a feels trip~
Jul 3, 2016 1:11 AM

Sep 2013
I can't stand main girl and I think many parts of the whole idea behind this show are wrong. Reading the manga was enough for me. Think this is the first and last episode I'm gonna watch. If the source was better, maybe I could wait and follow all these weeks that are going to come. I think I only gave the manga a 7 cause I could read it all in one or two days, so it was less of a pain (in the ass).

Btw, didn't like half the voice actors (especially for redhead dude and glass dude).

So yea, I'm out, but still nice to see a manga you read getting animated. I think this is the first one for me (don't read too many mangas, as you can see haha).
Jul 3, 2016 1:23 AM

Mar 2013
The main girl is already annoying. I hate these passive characters that get like "I don't want to cause trouble for others!" and then end up causing trouble for everyone cause they're too stupid to know they're supposed to actually speak up when things are wrong. Ugh. I don't get why she fell in love with Kakeru, anyway... She barely knows him. Does she just have a huge foot fetish and touching her heel blisters makes her fall for you?

Though the thing that bothers me most about this is the end scene... She's married with a child. Why would you try to change your life and talk about how you regret everything you've done when you've already settled down with a family? It's too late for that now. If she really regretted everything this much, she'd have done something about it before now and not ended up just forsaking the people she's supposed to love and be there for. Take some goddamn responsibility; you're a mother now.
Jul 3, 2016 1:43 AM
Jan 2015
On the other hand, I really like Naho for she resembles a realistic high school girl. That goes on to say that this episode is my most favorite so far in Summer 2016.

PS: It's a new season and I got to blog these shows. If you have the time, kindly visit my blog. Thank you for paying a visit!
Jul 3, 2016 1:48 AM

Jun 2009
I love the manga and I hope the anime adapts this well. Also, nice first episode.

Jul 3, 2016 1:54 AM

Jul 2014
Compared to the other shows I've seen this season, this has definitely been the best first episode and also the show where I'm most interested in seeing what happens next, assuming that the letter doesn't spoil every single little thing and remove most of the tension this series could have. Heck, we already pretty much know that Kakeru's going to die unless something changes, and it's only the first episode. Also, I hope it doesn't mean we get scenes like the softball one where she just passively sticks to the choice that supposedly leads to regrets before changing her mind at the last second; that will quickly get grating. Other than that, considering that Naho seems pretty happy in the future, even though Kakeru is seemingly dead, I have to wonder how she has such crippling regrets as for the letter to be necessary to begin with. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, but I think trusting the letter at its word may not always work out for the best, even if this time it did. After all, who's to say that new regrets won't end up replacing the ones that her future self apparently already has?

Also, we need to see the effects of Naho's actions on the letter at some point really, otherwise it just seems like there's no connection between the present and the future at all.

Oh, and if future Naho wants current Naho to save Kakeru, why the hell is she so damn vague about it rather than explicitly telling current Naho what happened and possible courses of action to prevent it other than doing things that may ultimately have no impact differently?
AtavisticJul 3, 2016 2:06 AM
Jul 3, 2016 2:00 AM

Feb 2013
That was a nice first episode, I hope they continue this way. The animation was so nice and pleasant to watch, and Naho voice fits perfectly ^^
Jul 3, 2016 2:03 AM

Jun 2016
Very charming first episode. I'm going into this without having read the manga, but I'm already excited for more. I wonder what caused Kakeru to be absent from school for two weeks.

The show feels very refreshing so far, even with the sense of gloom lurking in the background.
Jul 3, 2016 2:07 AM

Oct 2015
Stark700 said:
The setting gives me a countryside feeling

Good artwork and I think it's obvious that Naho has an attraction or at least curiosity towards Kakeru, the new boy in town. Animation quality is good, a lot better than I had expected.

I had been waiting for this to get animated ever since I read the Manga. A good start.

The artwork was very nice.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

247 by venbals »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

223 by venbals »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

231 by patkarunungan »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.