Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 5:03 PM

Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought it was going to be a lot more enjoyable than what it has turned out to be but thats because I have really high expectations. The OP and ED are so nice and quite relaxing.

It was good to see Kakeru smile and the whole group together.
Vacu0usJul 10, 2016 10:06 AM
Jul 2, 2016 5:08 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Did the first episode get leaked or something? Wow, wasn't expecting CR to simulcast it before it broadcasts on TV. The first chapter was adapted in this episode, and it was done well.

Naho's voice is so well done and the art is really beautiful at times (particularly the backgrounds). Animations aren't the most fluid though. And it's obvious that Kakeru's hiding something behind his somewhat fake looking smiles. Ten years later, Kakeru doesn't exist anymore. It's a really cool premise and I hope it turns out to be a great adaptation of a very good manga. The characters are really good too.
GoldenDevilGamerJul 2, 2016 5:20 PM
Jul 2, 2016 5:09 PM

Mar 2015
I loved it way more than i thought i would, what a beautiful direction the episode had, this and the gorgeous color pallet.
I wasn't expecting a tier 1 animation but it was pretty decent.

My only complaint was that the opening scenes, which could be way better, but good start.
lezermanJul 2, 2016 5:12 PM

Apr 2015
I don't know what to say just from the 1st ep. I found it kinda awkward with all the silent stills and not much talking :/
So far I liked how the 1st chapter was handled in the manga more. Loved the op and ed though!

Aug 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Did the first episode get leaked or something?

its out on crunchyroll
Jul 2, 2016 5:10 PM

Jan 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:

No CR decided to air it sooner than expected.

Decent first episode, I'm not the biggest fan of the manga but it was nice to see this animated.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 2, 2016 5:10 PM

Jan 2013
Raz1515 said:
I don't know what to say just from the 1st ep. I found it kinda awkward with all the silent stills and not much talking :/
So far I liked how the 1st chapter was handled in the manga more. Loved the op and ed though!
Silent stills? Is it Toei which is animating this anime?
Jul 2, 2016 5:13 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Adibash said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

its out on crunchyroll
bobzanny said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

lezerman said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Crunchyroll streamed it early
Okay thanks, watching it on CR.
Jul 2, 2016 5:16 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is beautiful. And an amazing story behind this, i can see that. Best first episode by far.
Jul 2, 2016 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Episode came out early. Thanks Crunchyroll. Recently finished the manga & live-action film & so far this first episode was good.
OP song is good & cool that they are using the theme song from the live action as the ED song.

The art in the background is nice to look at.
An opportunity for Naho to change some of her regrets. Nice to hear Kana Hanazawa voice her.
Sweet to see everyone hanging out & being friendly with Kakeru.
Looking forward to more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 2, 2016 5:29 PM

Jan 2012
Anime-only watcher here, it was pretty good. Of bread-fueled montages and softball homers. XD So the plot is to save Kakeru, her first love. Interesting, but if she succeeds and they end up together I'm assuming Future Suwa will get the shaft big time? Unless that child wasn't theirs together or something. An inherent problem for a series like this as I'll feel bad for him then. Already kinda do knowing he couldn't make her happy enough to get over Kakeru's death. I'll be interested to see if that thought will continue to annoy me throughout or if the show gets past it. Well either way not bad so far.
Jul 2, 2016 5:32 PM

Jun 2016
After i finished ReLife, everything else seem inferior =/
Jul 2, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2016
natsu791 said:
After i finished ReLife, everything else seem inferior =/

I agree way too much
Jul 2, 2016 5:42 PM

Apr 2014
That OP song is trash.
Jul 2, 2016 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
The setting gives me a countryside feeling

Good artwork and I think it's obvious that Naho has an attraction or at least curiosity towards Kakeru, the new boy in town. Animation quality is good, a lot better than I had expected. While Naho isn't too special as a character, there's definitely room to develop her. I think it's the dialogues that attracted me in watching this series. The manga is good too as I've read it before but so far, I'm satisfied at what I've seen. Shame this will probably be just a 1 cour. 4/5.

I like the narratives used so far as well. The chemistry between Nanho and Kakeru has an appeal to it.
Jul 2, 2016 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
Damn pretty faithful to the manga but it does the relationships between the friends even better. Hearing them speak and knowing the actual words they use instead of fan translations really makes it seem like they're actualfriends who've stuck with each other for a while
Jul 2, 2016 6:05 PM

Nov 2014
Pretty good first episode. I love seeing HanaKana as the main character! The op was really nice too.
Kakeru is no longer with us? :c I'm interested in seeing what Naho will do

Here's the opening!
kyle8998Jul 2, 2016 6:22 PM
Hi there
Jul 2, 2016 6:12 PM

Jun 2016
I've read the entire manga front to back and it's my favorite manga ever. I have a few gripes about the character design but overall, it was a great first episode. I think the voicing is pretty fitting, especially Kakeru's. I am looking forward to more episodes!
Jul 2, 2016 6:15 PM

Dec 2010
so wtf so easy to tell its gonna end up being a feel train at the end, i dont read the manga.
Jul 2, 2016 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
So far, I'm intrigued. Even though following her future self's instructions seems simple enough, I have a feeling there will be times where Naho second guesses herself and hesitates. We saw that a little in this episode, hopefully she can get over that or else it's going to lead to that future where Kakeru isn't with them anymore.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 2, 2016 6:30 PM

Feb 2015
animefan8800 said:
Anime-only watcher here, it was pretty good. Of bread-fueled montages and softball homers. XD So the plot is to save Kakeru, her first love. Interesting, but if she succeeds and they end up together I'm assuming Future Suwa will get the shaft big time? Unless that child wasn't theirs together or something. An inherent problem for a series like this as I'll feel bad for him then. Already kinda do knowing he couldn't make her happy enough to get over Kakeru's death. I'll be interested to see if that thought will continue to annoy me throughout or if the show gets past it. Well either way not bad so far.

So glad someone else is thinking this too. As someone who started reading the manga, this thing kept bothering me a lot. And still does, I need to see more of the story to see if it goes away.

Overall it was a decent start. I think this will be a nice watch. I love the voices all characters have, they are very well suited to them.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Jul 2, 2016 6:49 PM
Aug 2015
I didn't actually expect this to be this enjoyable, great start!
I smell some feels trip!
Jul 2, 2016 6:52 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bobzanny said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Decent first episode, I'm not the biggest fan of the manga but it was nice to see this animated.
CR are kinda getting out of hand now with these early releases lol

Sep 2012
Why do they all have werewolf teeth?

it was alright tho, it felt a bit awkward (bread and friendship bonding montage), but it was alright i guess. Cant get over how weird their mouths look tho.
BeautifulDuwangJul 2, 2016 6:59 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 2012
Watched this right after I binged ReLife. Both shows hit way too close to home for me, so I might've been biased from the start but I like this one so far. Haven't read the manga and went in knowing nothing.
I like the character designs, visual are very pleasing over all and the show has this melancholic but lovely, warm tone to it. You can hear the feels train coming in hard already.
I'm on the edge about the time traveling letter but I will ignore that for now since the rest was pretty great.
Nov 2015
12/10 I need moar now

Oct 2014
That was a nice opening. I'm glad this came out so early. The first ep didn't really leave that big of an impression on me, yet somehow I know I'm gonna really enjoy this.
Jul 2, 2016 6:54 PM

May 2016
So...Will this turn out to be the new Steins;Gate (in a good sence)? Or it will end up like ERASED? (In a bad sence)?

Tbh, it has highschool romance in it so it's already instantly 10x times better than ERASED...Cuz everything with Teenager or Adult romance is superior...NUFF SAID!
HyperLJul 2, 2016 7:06 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 2, 2016 6:58 PM

Aug 2015
Holy shit, this was so good. This season has started great. The characters seem likeable, can't wait for next episode.
Jul 2, 2016 6:59 PM

Apr 2013
The visuals are just plain beautiful.
Jul 2, 2016 7:11 PM

Apr 2014
This is going to be a masterpiece.
Jul 2, 2016 7:11 PM

May 2016
Oh I even forgot to say...Female MC voiced by Kana Hanazawa?????

INSTA BEST GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 2, 2016 7:23 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
As far as I can tell, this was a pretty good adaptation

The visuals for the character faces are kinda weird for some characters but other than that I'm fine with it all

Can't wait to watch all the anime only people fall in love with this series like I did because its really good tbh....The OP song sucks though
Jul 2, 2016 7:28 PM

Feb 2015
First episode was perfect, Can't remember how many chapters the episode adapted but anyway, it was really good, can't wait for the eps
Jul 2, 2016 7:37 PM
Jun 2016
First episode got me hooked which is what it's supposed to do. I'm really intrigued to see how this story unfolds. Looks like it's going to be a feels trip.
Jul 2, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2014
A solid first episode. Has potential to say the least.

Not completely sold on it like a few others here however. I know that something is bugging me about this thing, but I can't exactly put my finger on what that something is.
Jul 2, 2016 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
i haven't read the manga, and despite all the hype i honestly had no intention of picking up this show, but then my friend mentioned she was about to watch it and i wasn't doing anything so i thought, "hell, why not?"

have to say i'm really glad i got over myself and gave it a chance! i know it's kind of a moot point to say this since it almost always drops off after the initial first episode, but the animation was really beautiful.

i'm interested to see where this is going... and with the sci fi tag, i hope it at least makes a little more use of the genre than kiznaiver did. (as much as i loved that show, i know i'm not the only one who felt mislead by the cv they put out for it.)

first impression tells me that either genki bread girl or traditional quiet girl will be my faves, lol.
Jul 2, 2016 7:46 PM
Apr 2014
Interesting premise so far.
I hope they explain how she sends letters to her past self.
Jul 2, 2016 7:48 PM

Dec 2015
preparing my face for the amount of feels that will be slapping it
Jul 2, 2016 7:55 PM

Apr 2015
Lovely art and animation, and Kana Hanazawa really suits Naho. I've been wanting to read the manga first before I watch, but this looks too good to pass up while it airs. It'll definitely be interesting seeing how far Kakeru will impact her life, even ten years from now.
Jul 2, 2016 8:05 PM
Nov 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Did the first episode get leaked or something? Wow, wasn't expecting CR to simulcast it before it broadcasts on TV. The first chapter was adapted in this episode, and it was done well.

Naho's voice is so well done and the art is really beautiful at times (particularly the backgrounds). Animations aren't the most fluid though. And it's obvious that Kakeru's hiding something behind his somewhat fake looking smiles. Ten years later, Kakeru doesn't exist anymore. It's a really cool premise and I hope it turns out to be a great adaptation of a very good manga. The characters are really good too.

Yes, I was wondering about that too, MAL won't even let me change it to watching, yet I've already seen the first episode of CR. And CR says it will be simulcasting Orange every Saturday, so I'm guessing every episode will be out 2 days earlier than its broadcast.
Jul 2, 2016 8:07 PM
Aug 2011
I'm just here for Suwa. *__*

Also I haven't' noticed teeth this much since Magi.
Jul 2, 2016 8:16 PM

Feb 2014
Seems fine, hopefully it turns out to be a good and faithful adaptation so I won't have to read the manga.
Jul 2, 2016 8:18 PM

Sep 2015
I enjoyed this episode, and did seem to be a good adaptation of the first chapter. I'm kind of hoping that they'll just do 22 episodes because that's how many chapters there are, and if I remember right, the chapters are pretty long.
Jul 2, 2016 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
i thought it was a pretty solid first episode. i was a bit shocked by both suwa and azusa voices because while reading the manga my imagination liked to think they had higher pitched voices than that. i enjoyed the ending song too , i look forward to the rest of the series.
Jul 2, 2016 8:33 PM

Apr 2012
I thought the art was kinda off putting at times? I think it is the angle shots? I've read most of the manga but kinda stopped after the anime was announced. The voice actors are pretty on point.

Jul 2, 2016 8:34 PM

Jan 2016
I've been waiting so long for this. Since the manga slammed the feels right into my face, I'm expecting great stuff from the anime itself as well

Kakeru's smile always gets me :')
Jul 2, 2016 8:42 PM

Nov 2015
Did it get leaked? Whatever the first chapter was adapted and it was good, the art is nice and the OP was cool. The animation was better than I expected.

Jul 2, 2016 9:00 PM

Jul 2014
A a manga reader, I'm anticipating how they're gonna adapt certain scenes. Looks good so far!
Jul 2, 2016 9:04 PM

Aug 2010
So from my understanding there are two timelines. If she saves Kakeru in this timeline would it make any difference in the future timeline.... I have a feeling no matter what she does things will end up the same.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

381 by Minonine »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.